Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
November 28, 2014, 10:20:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most hated excersise and piece of equipment in the gym  (Read 3793 times)
Parker
Getbig V

Autobots, Transform and Roll Out!

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 05:45:53 PM »

Even the flotsam should be able to spell exercise!

Cable cross over is almost useless. Why? Well, when you use heavy weights it becomes dangerous. It is as useless as using a rope for triceps pressdowns.

Go to 3:35, maybe this flotsam by the name Phil Heath needs to take your advice. Cable Cross overs are useless to him---for his pec development
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHpxwojDNwA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHpxwojDNwA</a>
Report to moderator   Logged
Vince Basile
Getbig V

Mr Canada 1970

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 05:49:15 PM »

Let me tell you that is a dangerous piece of equipment to use when you go heavy. I doubt many of the champs use it for size. That isn't the way Ray Mentzer recommended you hold your arms. This is a very unstable exercise and quite dangerous to control when heavy weights are used.
tbombz
Getbig V

Psalms 150

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 05:59:30 PM »

Let me tell you that is a dangerous piece of equipment to use when you go heavy. I doubt many of the champs use it for size. That isn't the way Ray Mentzer recommended you hold your arms. This is a very unstable exercise and quite dangerous to control when heavy weights are used.
  Grin the cable crossover isnt a "mass builder". how heavy can you go? its impossible to use much more than yoru bodyweight, or else youd be pulling yourself up into the air, not pulling the weights up. how would it be dangerous? i think one would need to have some extremely horrible form to make it a dangerous exercise. the cable crossover is a good isolation exercise.
Hulkotron
Getbig V

The forbidden ritual of the steel palm

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 06:06:47 PM »

If I only I had stopped using the rope years ago, think of how huge my triceps would be Roll Eyes
Nirvana
Getbig V

Maggot Filled Ass.

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 06:33:28 PM »

any hammer strength machine

people swoon over them and say "it's just like real dumbbells!"

here's an idea, use real dumbbells

Chew Tobacco.
dc8pack
Getbig II

Back in 82, I could throw a pigskin a quarter mile

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 06:51:15 PM »

The "yes/no" machine (as I like to call it). Only females should ever be allowed to use in the first place.
Coach is Back!
Competitors
Getbig V

He won by a "landslide" lol

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 06:59:18 PM »

Smith Machine - usless piece of trash.
Sexual Mustard
Getbig III

DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 07:03:07 PM »

swiss balls and kettlebells. 

benchmstr
Getbig V

Heraclitus was right

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 07:06:19 PM »

the only use i have for it is upright rows when my lower back really hurts, or i am trying to focus on the negative of the upright row.......nothing else..

bench
Vince Basile
Getbig V

Mr Canada 1970

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 07:08:12 PM »

Grin the cable crossover isnt a "mass builder". how heavy can you go? its impossible to use much more than yoru bodyweight, or else youd be pulling yourself up into the air, not pulling the weights up. how would it be dangerous? i think one would need to have some extremely horrible form to make it a dangerous exercise. the cable crossover is a good isolation exercise.

Who am I talking to here, a novice? I am telling you that once you get heavy you can't control the movement as it will want to go in other directions. That is when you can injure yourself.
benchmstr
Getbig V

Heraclitus was right

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 07:16:50 PM »

Who am I talking to here, a novice? I am telling you that once you get heavy you can't control the movement as it will want to go in other directions. That is when you can injure yourself.
what if i WANT to injure myself so people will think i am hardcore?

bench
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 07:20:22 PM »

Bullshit.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Voice of Doom
Getbig IV

Everything is under control.

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »

X2
Vince Basile
Getbig V

Mr Canada 1970

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 10:16:32 PM »

The Smith machine that is angled at about 10 degrees is an excellent machine as long as it runs on linear bearings and has a straight bar. The angle will feel good for bench press, inclines and even squats.
SF1900
Getbig V

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2010, 10:18:21 PM »

Least favorite:

Squat rack

Bench press

Favorite exercise:
Sherief Shalaby
Getbig V

Team Nasser

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2010, 11:01:29 PM »

Cable crossover station... Hate hate hate it million little guys 140 lbs some not even hit pubertyas yet everybody wants t do cable crossovers max holding up the cable station doing cable crossovers.... And old fat guys Not realising that is an advanced isolation movement which means you need to first have pecs.... So when a serious trainer like myself wants to do pressdowns it's full of guys lining up to do cable crossovers

i dont agree with this.. i believe that any exercise helps to build the muscle to a certain extent.. i dont buy this "isolation" thing!!.. same as when some ppl say when you do high reps it helps to define you muscles!!..
hangclean
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2010, 11:09:53 PM »

The "yes/no" machine (as I like to call it). Only females should ever be allowed to use in the first place.
I actually feel that the yes machine is the most underrated piece of gym equipment.  Great machine for hip/glute activvation.  Maybe not the best for bodybuilding, but for strength training in sports it is a great machine.
jon cole
Getbig IV

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2010, 11:13:47 PM »

-smith machine, i'm not on 6 gr of aas and 40 ui of gh and slin, so i had to work out to gain muscle, i"m not allowed to arrive at gym asleep and collapse on a smith for doing several uninspired set of partial bench and half squat.

asstropin
Aerian
Getbig IV

"Yumm yumm give me some"

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010, 11:18:00 PM »

LOVE this calf machine.   LOVE it. 

That calf machine is TRASH!!.  every gym i belong to right now has that exact calf machine and its pure garbage. 

Wait for it....
Aerian
Getbig IV

"Yumm yumm give me some"

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 11:47:44 PM »

100% agree.  Dont think i have used this once in the last 3-4 years.

Wait for it....
mesmorph78
Getbig V

there can only be one...

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 12:12:42 AM »

i dont agree with this.. i believe that any exercise helps to build the muscle to a certain extent.. i dont buy this "isolation" thing!!.. same as when some ppl say when you do high reps it helps to define you muscles!!..

you didn't read what I typed I don't hate it because it's not effective I hate it because it's misused by morons... 140lbs no chests that movement is an advanced isololation movement meaning you have to have big pecs to see the benefit of using it in my gym you have 20 guys queinh up tapping away on there black berrys waiting to do 10 sets each on it 

choice is an illusion
Sherief Shalaby
Getbig V

Team Nasser

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 12:24:36 AM »

you didn't read what I typed I don't hate it because it's not effective I hate it because it's misused by morons... 140lbs no chests that movement is an advanced isololation movement meaning you have to have big pecs to see the benefit of using it in my gym you have 20 guys queinh up tapping away on there black berrys waiting to do 10 sets each on it 

thank you big man Angry

Grin
Per Se
Getbig III

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 06:57:05 AM »

The thing I hate is when ppl use equipment that they dnt need to use...

barbell curls in the squat rack...just pick the damn barbell up off the floor, why stop other ppl from squatting.

just lately ive seen a lot of guys do sit ups and other ab variations on the bench press...NOT a bench in the free weight area, but they stop others from benching.  Selfish.
mesmorph78
Getbig V

there can only be one...

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010, 07:00:14 AM »

Curls in the squat rack is the worst

choice is an illusion
Big Dicked Bob
Getbig V

Master Technician - Raw Vaginal Insertion .|.

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2010, 07:15:53 AM »

my favorite piece of equipment

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!