Author Topic: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe  (Read 55055 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2010, 05:43:38 PM »
yeah agree, how can he say for certainty theres no god?
There is no proof of a god. The idea of a god and afterlife is just something made up by humans to take comfort in the idea of their own death. What is a "god" anyways? Something all knowing and creator of everything? Silly... Solid evidence shows that things come to by evolving.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
yeah agree, how can he say for certainty theres no god?

Technically speaking you can't but there is a lot of things you can't technically say that don't exist like Unicorns but that doesn't mean they do , the probability of God existing as described in the bible is practically nil

if we use that logic than Zeus is just as real because no one can be ' certain ' he doesn't exist.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2010, 05:56:48 PM »
Anyone that thinks science can answer questions of god is out the lunch. Science is a human invention relevant to humans. We can't see 1000 years into the future, we can't proove or disprove god. It's unknown to us. We can disprove a book or a belief, but it's near impossible to disprove god, At least through our limited human existance.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2010, 06:00:57 PM »
There is a creator - proof is that we're all here.  Something created us.  Something created gravity which started it all.  Something pushed that button.

None of us can prove nor disprove exactly what this creator is - but the fact we're here is proof something created us.

I believe in a higher power, I believe that faith and prayer can change lives and heal and make a difference.  I don't believe what a book says - I believe what I believe.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »
Anyone that thinks science can answer questions of god is out the lunch. Science is a human invention relevant to humans. We can't see 1000 years into the future, we can't proove or disprove god. It's unknown to us. We can disprove a book or a belief, but it's near impossible to disprove god, At least through our limited human existance.

Then anyone who makes a claim about a deity is correct and all have conflicting stories and all of them can't be right

bottom line is God is a story in a book written by men , if God was ' real ' there would be NO need for religion or faith.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »
There is a creator - proof is that we're all here.  Something created us.  Something created gravity which started it all.  Something pushed that button.

None of us can prove nor disprove exactly what this creator is - but the fact we're here is proof something created us.

I believe in a higher power, I believe that faith and prayer can change lives and heal and make a difference.  I don't believe what a book says - I believe what I believe.

Lots of people have beliefs because they have do , belief if the absence of facts you're forced to believe for a reason.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2010, 06:08:37 PM »
we can't proove or disprove god.
"You can not be called upon to prove or know a negative." Disagree with that and you take away your own logic and reason.  :)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2010, 06:08:39 PM »
There is no proof of a god. The idea of a god and afterlife is just something made up by humans to take comfort in the idea of their own death. What is a "god" anyways? Something all knowing and creator of everything? Silly... Solid evidence shows that things come to by evolving.

Great post I've never seen that clip before , God ( no pun ) I'm getting old I remember watching Phil Donahue  :-\

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2010, 06:09:01 PM »

thats a very good post

all i know is that its very silly for humans to try to wrap their heads around, and try to prove and disprove the nature and existence of a GOD-being...........i dont believe we have the necessary information, nor do we have the capacity to understand the motivations of a God...........

it would be like an ant trying to understand the complex emotional make-up of a human being.............an ant just does not have the hardware to make understanding a human even possible

how arrogant humans are though.........like they said before..............we have explored less then 1% of the earths oceans..........have not taveled further then our own moon.......and have been industrialized for like a hundred years...............but here were are saying that god does not exist, and that the universe is blah, blah, blah

its just funny................we are so stupid and arrogant

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2010, 06:11:27 PM »

i dont believe we have the necessary information, nor do we have the capacity to understand the motivations of a God...........

The church says otherwise , in fact they know what God wants for you and what he doesn't want.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2010, 06:14:16 PM »
"You can not be called upon to prove or know a negative." Disagree with that and you take away your own logic and reason.  :)

She shut that down real quick  ;D and it's true

Just use Russel's tea pot analogy

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2010, 06:31:55 PM »
She shut that down real quick  ;D and it's true

Just use Russel's tea pot analogy
Still don't see your point. As I said you can't disprove god, nor can we proove his existance. It's a pointless argument that can and will go on forever. So you gotta assume your guess will work out for the best. To me it's an evolutionary advantage, to beleif in a supreme being so I'm gonna since afterall I'm only human.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2010, 06:32:33 PM »

True. But this/these video's are pretty interesting(part 1 of 7)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2010, 06:35:38 PM »
Still don't see your point. As I said you can't disprove god, nor can we proove his existance. It's a pointless argument that can and will go on forever. So you gotta assume your guess will work out for the best. To me it's an evolutionary advantage, to beleif in a supreme being so I'm gonna since afterall I'm only human.

We can pretty much prove God flat out wrong as described in the bible , absolutely.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2010, 06:36:44 PM »
True. But this/these video's are pretty interesting(part 1 of 7)

" Intelligent design " has been shut down flat on it's face. he got it's day in court and failed miserably

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2010, 06:47:46 PM »
What he is doing is trying to tempt God into saying, "Oh yes I did!", thereby proving he exists once and for all...kinda like Steven's invitation for a party to time travelers and they never showed up.
Sneaky guy that Steven Hawking. But what he doesn't realize, is that God knew that he was gonna say that...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »
I only hope I live to see the day in which people stop believing in silly superstitions.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2010, 07:06:09 PM »
There is zero point in debating about God on Getbig.  It's about as pointless as insisting that I lift a mountain with my mind.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2010, 07:12:31 PM »
I only hope I live to see the day in which people stop believing in silly superstitions.

You could live a million earth years and that wouldn't happen. I've yet to meet a conscious human who would walk under a latter or open an umbrella in house without batting an eye.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2010, 07:13:48 PM »

thats a very good post
all i know is that its very silly for humans to try to wrap their heads around, and try to prove and disprove the nature and existence of a GOD-being...........i dont believe we have the necessary information, nor do we have the capacity to understand the motivations of a God...........

it would be like an ant trying to understand the complex emotional make-up of a human being.............an ant just does not have the hardware to make understanding a human even possible

how arrogant humans are though.........like they said before..............we have explored less then 1% of the earths oceans..........have not taveled further then our own moon.......and have been industrialized for like a hundred years...............but here were are saying that god does not exist, and that the universe is blah, blah, blah

its just funny................we are so stupid and arrogant

also a very good post.

we're so simple and arrogant it's laughable.  We die of things like blood clots and slippery sidewalks... yet we are brash enough to believe we know the origins of the huge and massive universe(s).

We crap in diapers for 2 years, we marry the wrong people, we drink til we vomit, we spend decades in the wrong career... yet we feel we are wise enough to believe we "know" the universe came from this or that.

In 1000 years, scientists will totally just laugh at what we thought we knew in 2010.  They'll see us like we see the caveman, given the amount of innovation and technology the world will see by then.  Our thinking will be compared to animals... "They went BALD?"  or "They ate the flesh of living creatures" or "They lived to be less than 200? WTF"

They will pity our shitty existence, and all the silly things we thought we knew.  As will the people that come 1000 years after them.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2010, 07:18:41 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2010, 07:27:04 PM »
also a very good post.

we're so simple and arrogant it's laughable.  We die of things like blood clots and slippery sidewalks... yet we are brash enough to believe we know the origins of the huge and massive universe(s).

We crap in diapers for 2 years, we marry the wrong people, we drink til we vomit, we spend decades in the wrong career... yet we feel we are wise enough to believe we "know" the universe came from this or that.

In 1000 years, scientists will totally just laugh at what we thought we knew in 2010.  They'll see us like we see the caveman, given the amount of innovation and technology the world will see by then.  Our thinking will be compared to animals... "They went BALD?"  or "They ate the flesh of living creatures" or "They lived to be less than 200? WTF"

They will pity our shitty existence, and all the silly things we thought we knew.  As will the people that come 1000 years after them.

Humans are stupid & arrogant enough to create God to explain the unexplained at the time , ' he ' wreaks of human arrogance , stupidity , frailty and petty jealousies and flaws which proves beyond a doubt it's a story with lowly human origins written

again if God were real there would be no need for a belief in him or religion.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2010, 07:34:39 PM »
What he is doing is trying to tempt God into saying, "Oh yes I did!", thereby proving he exists once and for all...kinda like Steven's invitation for a party to time travelers and they never showed up.
Sneaky guy that Steven Hawking. But what he doesn't realize, is that God knew that he was gonna say that...

What he's doing is debunking the claim laid out in the bible and offering up a honest legitimate explanation to the origins of the Universe

And if God knew he was going to say that , he knew that lady was going to drown her two children yet let it happen , it's beyond me knowing that how anyone would follow ' him '

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #148 on: September 03, 2010, 07:34:46 PM »
god exists only in the mind...
DAWG

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #149 on: September 03, 2010, 07:42:36 PM »
Humans are stupid & arrogant enough to create God to explain the unexplained at the time , ' he ' wreaks of human arrogance , stupidity , frailty and petty jealousies and flaws which proves beyond a doubt it's a story with lowly human origins written

again if God were real there would be no need for a belief in him or religion.
I'd rather think beleif in god is humbleness not arrogance. It takes humbleness to believe there is something we don't quite get. Trying to say what that something is, starts all the arrogance. If you get what I mean. It takes a great deal of wisdom to say their is a god, and a great deal of selfish arrogance to say he thinks you are important.