Author Topic: Could Whistleblower Claims Strip Planned Parenthood of Government Funding?  (Read 63358 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Jeb Bush Adviser Says Governor Backs Defunding Planned Parenthood
Posted: 04/27/2015

WASHINGTON -- Jeb Bush supports efforts to defund Planned Parenthood, according to one of his senior advisers.

Jordan Sekulow is a prominent Christian evangelical attorney and joined the former Florida governor's team last month as a senior adviser. He spoke Saturday at the Faith and Freedom Summit in Iowa, where nine presidential hopefuls appealed to the group of conservatives in attendance. Bush, who is exploring a run and widely expected to jump into the field, skipped the event and sent Sekulow in his stead.

"We have got to defund Planned Parenthood, by the way, and Gov. Bush supports those efforts," said Sekulow to applause from the crowd.

Generally, legislation targeting Planned Parenthood prevents federal money from going to the family planning provider's clinics until it can certify that it no longer offers abortions -- even though Planned Parenthood only uses federal money for non-abortion services.

Bush's position puts him in line with other Republican presidential aspirants who have also supported defunding the group, including Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.).

But it's out of line with where his father was as president. George H.W. Bush backed the group, and according to Gloria Feldt, who ran Planned Parenthood from 1996 to 2005, "was so supportive of family planning that people called him 'Rubbers.'"

Jeb Bush's spokesman did not return a request for comment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/27/jeb-bush-planned-parenthood_n_7152524.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
SHOCK VIDEO: Planned Parenthood sells dead baby body parts
By Todd Starnes
Published July 14, 2015
FoxNews.com

It purportedly shows a Planned Parenthood executive sipping a glass of wine in a Los Angeles restaurant while casually explaining how they sell body parts from aborted babies.

The undercover video was filmed in July 2014 by the Center for Medical Progress, an advocacy group that reports on medical ethics. They dispatched two actors posing as representatives of a human biologics company to a business lunch with Deborah Nucatola, Planned Parenthood’s senior director of medical services.

Click here to follow Todd on Facebook for Conservative Conversation!

The video shows Nucatola describing in graphic detail how abortionists are able to harvest organs from aborted babies based on the parts that are needed.

“Yesterday was the first time she said people wanted lungs,” she told the undercover buyers. “Some people want lower extremities, too, which, that’s simple. That’s easy. I don’t know what they’re doing with it, I guess if they want muscle.”

To which one of the fake buyer’s replied, “Yeah - a dime a dozen.”

“I’d say a lot of people want liver,” Nucatola said. “And for that reason, most providers will do this case under ultrasound guidance, so they’ll know where they’re putting their forceps.”

She went on to describe how they are able to acquire other organs without “crushing” them.

“We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”

Understand this – she is talking about an unborn baby, folks.

Planned Parenthood issued a statement denying they’ve done anything wrong and accused the Center for Medical Progress of releasing a heavily edited video.

“A well funded group established for the purpose of damaging Planned Parenthood’s mission and services has promoted a heavily edited, secretly recorded videotape that falsely portrays Planned Parenthood’s participation in tissue donation programs that support lifesaving scientific research,” said spokesman Eric Ferrero in a prepared statement.

Ferrero went on to acknowledge they help patients who want to donate tissue for scientific research and they do so will the full consent from patients “and under the highest ethical and legal standards.”

Planned Parenthood denied they made any money off the sale of aborted baby parts.

“There is no financial benefit for tissue donation for either the patient or for Planned Parenthood,” Ferrero said. “In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed, which is standard across the medical field.”

David Daledien, lead the undercover project against Planned Parenthood – a nearly three-year-long investigation on illegal trafficking of aborted fetal parts.

“Planned Parenthood’s criminal conspiracy to make money off of aborted baby parts reaches to the very highest levels of their organization,” he said. “Elected officials must listen to the public outcry for Planned Parenthood to be held accountable to the law and for our tax dollars to stop underwriting this barbaric abortion business.”

The Center for Medical Progress offered a swift refutation to Planned Parenthood’s response – by posting the full and unedited video. 

They also posted an advertisement from a major purchaser of aborted fetal tissue that was posted in Planned Parenthood clinics. That advertisement mentions words like “financial profitable,” “financial profits,” “financial benefit to your clinic,” and “fiscal growth of your own clinic.”

Planned Parenthood did not return calls seeking comment on those allegations.

Meanwhile, the outrage over the horrific video has spread like wildfire.

Dr. Russell Moore, the president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, summed it up in one word – speechless.

“If this does not shock the conscience, what will?” Moore wrote online. ‘It is not only that infants, in their mother’s wombs, are deprived of their lives, but also that their corpses are desecrated for profit.”

Think about that for a moment – desecrated unborn babies for profit.

“This is not only murderous; it is murderous in the most ghoulish way imaginable,” Moore added.

Moore is calling on Congress and the Department of Justice to investigate.

“For years, many of us have called on government leaders to see to it that no taxpayer funds, of any kind, go to Planned Parenthood,” Moore wrote. “Is it not clear that these are not health-care providers but pirates and grave-robbers of those who have no graves?”

La. Gov. Bobby Jindal has already called on the state’s Dept. of Health and Hospitals to conduct an investigation of what he called “this alleged evil and illegal activity.”

GOP presidential candidate Carly Fiorina posted a Facebook message calling the video tragic and outrageous.

“This isn’t about ‘choice’,” she wrote. “It’s about profiting on the death of the unborn while telling women it’s about empowerment.”

"Beyond disturbing," is what Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) tweeted.

I do not believe my words can match the eloquence of Dr. Moore’s. We ask God to bless America – a nation that turns a blind eye to  the slaughter of unborn children – a nation that provides taxpayers to fund an organization that allegedly sells body parts from dead babies.

God bless America? Perhaps we should be asking for His mercy, instead.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/14/shock-video-planned-parenthood-sells-dead-baby-body-parts/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Planned Parenthood facing investigations over ‘abhorrent’ video on body part shipments
By Barnini Chakraborty
Published July 15, 2015
FoxNews.com

A shocking video showing a top Planned Parenthood official casually discussing the shipment of aborted fetus body parts to research labs is fueling calls in Washington and state capitals for investigations and hearings. 

The video, shot last July, was released by the Center for Medical Progress on Tuesday. It shows two undercover CMP activists posing as employees from a biotech company having lunch with Deborah Nucatola, Planned Parenthood's senior director of medical research, and chatting about which body parts are in demand.

Calls on Capitol Hill for hearings were swift.

"Nothing is more precious than life, especially an unborn child," House Speaker John Boehner said in a statement. "When anyone diminishes an unborn child, we are all hurt, irreversibly so. When an organization monetizes an unborn child -- and with the cavalier attitude portrayed in this horrific video -- we must all act.  As a start, I have asked our relevant committees to look into this matter."

Boehner also urged President Obama to "denounce, and stop, these gruesome practices."

Pro-life members of the House plan to hold a press conference Wednesday afternoon and likewise back congressional hearings on the matter. Already, the House Energy and Commerce Committee has announced an investigation.

"This video is abhorrent and rips at the heart. The committee will get to the bottom of this appalling situation," Chairman Fred Upton, R-Mich., and other committee leaders said in a statement.

And in Louisiana, Gov. Bobby Jindal, a presidential candidate, announced he was ordering an investigation as well as calling for a suspension of the group's license in the near-term.

It is illegal to sell fetus body parts, but Planned Parenthood maintains the discussions shown in the undercover video only pertain to donations they make to researchers, for which they say they only recoup shipping costs.

But the video threatens to reignite a debate not only over Planned Parenthood's federal funding, but also the use of fetal tissue harvested through abortions for research and a proposed 20-week abortion ban.

In the video, Nucatola is seen and heard discussing Planned Parenthood's policy of donating fetal tissue to researchers. The activists ask Nucatola whether clinics charge for the organs, which she skirts around.

The language is graphic.

"Yesterday was the first time she said people wanted lungs," she says. "Some people want lower extremities, too, which, that's simple. That's easy. I don't know what they're doing with it, I guess if they want muscle."

She described how they are able to get other organs without "crushing" them. "We've been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I'm not gonna crush that part, I'm gonna basically crush below, I'm gonna crush above, and I'm gonna see if I can get it all intact."

The California-based citizen's group claims the nearly nine-minute video shot on July 25, 2014, is proof Planned Parenthood is breaking the law by selling aborted baby organs for possible profit.

Jindal was among several 2016 candidates who weighed in, and among five attending the Right to Life Convention in New Orleans. "If the Republican Party can't turn defending innocent human life into a winning issue nationally, we should fold up the Republican Party and start all over again," he said.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, called the video "absolutely horrifying and disgusting." As governor of Wisconsin, Walker signed off on legislation that defunded Planned Parenthood in 2011.

But the group still gets millions of dollars in federal funding, with restrictions barring the money from being used for abortions. On Capitol Hill Wednesday, protesters urged Congress to strip that money. And 2016 Republican candidate Ben Carson, in a written statement, urged the same.

But Planned Parenthood called claims they profited off abortions a "gross mischaracterization" of the organization's work.

With a patient's permission, Planned Parenthood said, clinics may sometimes donate fetal tissue for use in stem cell research, but the group added that their affiliates, which operate independently, do not profit from donations.

"There is no financial benefit for tissue donation for either the patient or for Planned Parenthood," Eric Ferrero, the organization's vice president of communications, said in a written statement. "In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed which is standard across the medical field."

Critics say the leaked video suggests otherwise.

"It is stomach-churning to hear a top doctor for the national Planned Parenthood organization admit, on videotape, that Planned Parenthood abortionists can and will alter late abortion procedures to facilitate the harvesting of intact baby body parts - she specifically mentioned hearts, lungs, livers, even intact heads -- in order to fill specific pre-orders," National Right to Life President Carol Tobias told FoxNews.com. "Numerous statements by Dr. Nucatola cry out for probes by Congress and other investigatory agencies -- and quickly."

In a separate statement released Wednesday afternoon following calls for an investigation, Ferrero said, "These outrageous claims are flat-out untrue, but that doesn't matter to politicians with a longstanding political agenda to ban abortion and defund Planned Parenthood."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/15/planned-parenthood-facing-investigations-over-abhorrent-video-on-body-part/

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Planned Parenthood facing investigations over ‘abhorrent’ video on body part shipments
By Barnini Chakraborty
Published July 15, 2015
FoxNews.com

A shocking video showing a top Planned Parenthood official casually discussing the shipment of aborted fetus body parts to research labs is fueling calls in Washington and state capitals for investigations and hearings. 

The video, shot last July, was released by the Center for Medical Progress on Tuesday. It shows two undercover CMP activists posing as employees from a biotech company having lunch with Deborah Nucatola, Planned Parenthood's senior director of medical research, and chatting about which body parts are in demand.

Calls on Capitol Hill for hearings were swift.

"Nothing is more precious than life, especially an unborn child," House Speaker John Boehner said in a statement. "When anyone diminishes an unborn child, we are all hurt, irreversibly so. When an organization monetizes an unborn child -- and with the cavalier attitude portrayed in this horrific video -- we must all act.  As a start, I have asked our relevant committees to look into this matter."

Boehner also urged President Obama to "denounce, and stop, these gruesome practices."

Pro-life members of the House plan to hold a press conference Wednesday afternoon and likewise back congressional hearings on the matter. Already, the House Energy and Commerce Committee has announced an investigation.

"This video is abhorrent and rips at the heart. The committee will get to the bottom of this appalling situation," Chairman Fred Upton, R-Mich., and other committee leaders said in a statement.

And in Louisiana, Gov. Bobby Jindal, a presidential candidate, announced he was ordering an investigation as well as calling for a suspension of the group's license in the near-term.

It is illegal to sell fetus body parts, but Planned Parenthood maintains the discussions shown in the undercover video only pertain to donations they make to researchers, for which they say they only recoup shipping costs.

But the video threatens to reignite a debate not only over Planned Parenthood's federal funding, but also the use of fetal tissue harvested through abortions for research and a proposed 20-week abortion ban.

In the video, Nucatola is seen and heard discussing Planned Parenthood's policy of donating fetal tissue to researchers. The activists ask Nucatola whether clinics charge for the organs, which she skirts around.

The language is graphic.

"Yesterday was the first time she said people wanted lungs," she says. "Some people want lower extremities, too, which, that's simple. That's easy. I don't know what they're doing with it, I guess if they want muscle."

She described how they are able to get other organs without "crushing" them. "We've been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I'm not gonna crush that part, I'm gonna basically crush below, I'm gonna crush above, and I'm gonna see if I can get it all intact."

The California-based citizen's group claims the nearly nine-minute video shot on July 25, 2014, is proof Planned Parenthood is breaking the law by selling aborted baby organs for possible profit.

Jindal was among several 2016 candidates who weighed in, and among five attending the Right to Life Convention in New Orleans. "If the Republican Party can't turn defending innocent human life into a winning issue nationally, we should fold up the Republican Party and start all over again," he said.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, called the video "absolutely horrifying and disgusting." As governor of Wisconsin, Walker signed off on legislation that defunded Planned Parenthood in 2011.

But the group still gets millions of dollars in federal funding, with restrictions barring the money from being used for abortions. On Capitol Hill Wednesday, protesters urged Congress to strip that money. And 2016 Republican candidate Ben Carson, in a written statement, urged the same.

But Planned Parenthood called claims they profited off abortions a "gross mischaracterization" of the organization's work.

With a patient's permission, Planned Parenthood said, clinics may sometimes donate fetal tissue for use in stem cell research, but the group added that their affiliates, which operate independently, do not profit from donations.

"There is no financial benefit for tissue donation for either the patient or for Planned Parenthood," Eric Ferrero, the organization's vice president of communications, said in a written statement. "In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed which is standard across the medical field."

Critics say the leaked video suggests otherwise.

"It is stomach-churning to hear a top doctor for the national Planned Parenthood organization admit, on videotape, that Planned Parenthood abortionists can and will alter late abortion procedures to facilitate the harvesting of intact baby body parts - she specifically mentioned hearts, lungs, livers, even intact heads -- in order to fill specific pre-orders," National Right to Life President Carol Tobias told FoxNews.com. "Numerous statements by Dr. Nucatola cry out for probes by Congress and other investigatory agencies -- and quickly."

In a separate statement released Wednesday afternoon following calls for an investigation, Ferrero said, "These outrageous claims are flat-out untrue, but that doesn't matter to politicians with a longstanding political agenda to ban abortion and defund Planned Parenthood."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/15/planned-parenthood-facing-investigations-over-abhorrent-video-on-body-part/

They don't sell bodypart.  They donate organs and tissues to other medical facilities to save lives.  I saw the video and it was so edited to the point of complete bullshit
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

They don't sell bodypart.  They donate organs and tissues to other medical facilities to save lives.  I saw the video and it was so edited to the point of complete bullshit

I watched the video.  Difficult to watch.  Talk about macabre.  Yes, they are selling body parts. 

I don't like all the background music in these kinds of videos, but no question that what they exposed is disturbing and probably illegal. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I watched the video.  Difficult to watch.  Talk about macabre.  Yes, they are selling body parts. 

I don't like all the background music in these kinds of videos, but no question that what they exposed is disturbing and probably illegal. 

LOL

Stay Ignorant Ponyboy

Don't click this link and don't read the article

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/15/health/planned-parenthood-undercover-video/

Skip8282

• Getbig V

Guess we could back the 1700's or so and have doctors secretly dig up graves to advance medicine.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
2016 candidates blast Planned Parenthood over video
Published July 15, 2015
FoxNews.com

Republican presidential candidates blasted Planned Parenthood on Wednesday after an undercover video was released showing an official discussing the shipment of fetus body parts.

Here's what they say:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/15/2016-candidates-blast-planned-parenthood-over-video/?intcmp=latestnews

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Second video shows Planned Parenthood doc haggling over price of fetal body parts
By Cody Derespina
Published July 21, 2015
FoxNews.com

A new undercover video shows a top Planned Parenthood official discussing “less crunchy” techniques to get “whole specimens” and haggling over the price of fetus tissue sales because she wants “a Lamborghini.”

And the activist behind the sting operation says there's much more to come.

Center for Medical Progress Project Lead David Daleiden told Fox News his group has "at least 12, really solid videos" among thousands of hours of footage.

"So, we'll be doing this for the foreseeable future," Daleiden said.

The video released Tuesday morning, the second put out by CMP, features a woman identified as Dr. Mary Gatter, who was president of the Planned Parenthood Medical Directors’ Council until 2014 and now works in a leadership and advisory capacity at the local and national level of the organization. Over drinks, Gatter and the undercover activists discuss “specimen” prices, eventually settling at $100 for "intact tissue."

“I want a Lamborghini.”

- Dr. Mary Gatter, Planned Parenthood

“It’s been years since I’ve talked about compensation, so let me just figure out what others are getting,” says Gatter, during a conversation alleged to have occurred on Feb. 6. “If it’s in the ballpark then that’s fine, if it’s low we can bump it up.”

Gatter then turns to the women seated to her right, pats her on the shoulder, laughs and says, “I want a Lamborghini.” Asked to repeat the statement, Gatter replies, “I said, ‘I want a Lamborghini.’”

It is against federal law to sell fetal body parts. Planned Parenthood has maintained it donates the specimens, charging only for the expenses it incurs.

"We don't want to be in a position of being accused of selling tissue and stuff like that," Gatter says in the video. "On the other hand, there are costs associated with the use of our space, and all that kind of stuff."

Daleiden said Tuesday that he believed Planned Parenthood's activities were illegal.

"Our video evidence and the video evidence that CMP will continue to release over the coming weeks and months is prima facie evidence of criminal activity at the highest levels of Planned Parenthood," he said.

Planned Parenthood Vice President of Communications Eric Ferrero released a statement calling the video a"heavily edited" release by "activists who have been widely discredited." Ferrero said his organization could not confirm the video's authenticity.

"What we see on this tape is a woman who says 'we’re not in it for the money,' and that any money must be related to reimbursement for costs," Ferrero's statement said.

The video making the rounds Tuesday was an edited 8-minute "summary" of a much longer conversation. The full video, lasting more than an hour, has also been posted online.

"Anybody can go and, if they want to watch an hour to three hours of baby parts negotiations, they can judge for themselves if we just chose the highlights," Daleiden said.

Planned Parenthood has received nearly $46 million in federal grants in 2015, according to government records, for non-abortion-related activities. The organization has taken in more than $207 million in federal funds since 2012.

When asked on Monday if the White House would reconsider federal funding for Planned Parenthood, press secretary Josh Earnest said, “No.”

Speaker of the House John Boehner, R-Ohio, was not nearly as curt in a statement about Tuesday's video.

"This new video is as sickening, disturbing and callous as the last video," Boehner said. "It's now clear that Planned Parenthood allows this horrifying conduct to happen throughout its organization.

"Last week, I called on Congress to investigate these gruesome practices.  The Energy & Commerce and Judiciary Committees have begun immediate investigations and I look forward to their prompt and thorough action.

"President Obama still has not denounced these horrific practices.  He has a responsibility to also speak out immediately and stop these practices now."

The first shoe dropped on Planned Parenthood last week, when CMP released a video showing a top abortion doctor discussing the sale of fetal body parts while drinking wine and eating salad.

A July 20 letter sent from Planned Parenthood senior counsel Roger Evans to Rep. Fred Upton, R-Mich., appears to have forecast the release of Tuesday’s video.

“We don’t know what the Center will release next, but we know enough to be deeply concerned about the infiltration of Planned Parenthood and its affiliates,” Evans wrote in the letter.

Evans traced the videotaped infiltration back “nearly three years,” when Daleiden created the “phony company” Biomax Procurement Services, according to the letter.

“Biomax then embarked on a campaign of corporate espionage with Planned Parenthood and its affiliates as its target,” the letter stated.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott called for an investigation into Planned Parenthood following the release of the first video on July 14, and he released a statement Tuesday commenting on the new video.

“This latest video showing yet another Planned Parenthood senior official negotiating the price of unborn baby body parts is more than just callous and morally bereft, it may be criminal," Abbott said in a statement. "The video appears to directly contradict Planned Parenthood’s statement last week that they do not earn a profit for selling body parts. Today’s new grotesque revelations necessitate that Texas expand its investigation into this abhorrent practice.”

Father Frank Pavone of Priests For Life spoke in stark terms about Planned Parenthood Tuesday morning.

“In the light of what they do to kill children and sell their parts, it is clearly immoral to give any support or transact any business with Planned Parenthood,” Pavone told Fox News.

Tuesday’s video opens with a portion of Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards’ response to the first CMP sting video.

“I want to be really clear, the allegation that Planned Parenthood profits in any way from tissue donation is not true,” Richards says, before the video moves to the covertly recorded footage of Gatter.

The undercover activist asks Gatter what “compensation” she would expect for “intact tissue.”

“Why don’t you start by telling me what you’re used to paying?” Gatter responds.

Later, she adds, "But you know, the money is not the important thing for me. But it has to be big enough that it makes it worthwhile for me."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/21/new-planned-parenthood-video-shows-top-doc-haggling-over-price-fetal-body-parts/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I wonder why fundies always have to obfuscate, edit out salient facts (lying by ommission)

I wonder why they would do that.  I guess their intention must really be to mislead rather than inform

Isn't lying a sin?

At one point in the unedited video (which was also released by the group), Nucatola says: “Affiliates are not looking to make money by doing this. They’re looking to serve their patients and just make it not impact their bottom line.”
Nucatola also says, “No one’s going to see this as a money making thing.” And at another point, she says, “Our goal, like I said, is to give patients the option without impacting our bottom line. The messaging is this should not be seen as a new revenue stream, because that’s not what it is.”

Nucatola does make one statement in the unedited video that suggests to critics that some clinics would be comfortable with a payment that was slightly more than their expenses for providing the tissue. “I think for affiliates, at the end of the day, they’re a nonprofit, they just don’t want to — they want to break even. And if they can do a little better than break even, and do so in a way that seems reasonable, they’re happy to do that,” Nucatola says.
But immediately after this statement, Nucatola goes on to say: “Really their bottom line is, they want to break even. Every penny they save is just pennies they give to another patient. To provide a service the patient wouldn’t get.” Planned Parenthood told us that she may have been referring to more general operations of the clinics.

Nucatola repeatedly talks about affiliates only wanting to provide a service to their patients, who elect to donate the tissue for medical research, and not having that service impact their bottom lines. She says that it’s “not a new revenue stream the affiliates are looking at” and that “nobody should be ‘selling’ tissue. That’s just not the goal here.” She says some affiliates might donate the tissue for free.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/unspinning-the-planned-parenthood-video/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Chris Christie was a Planned Parenthood donor, wasn't he?

Why yes, he admits it in his book.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/21/10-revelations-from-new-chris-christie-biography/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Boehner noncommittal on defunding Planned Parenthood

Speaker John Boehner twice stopped short of declaring the House would cut off all government funding to Planned Parenthood, and said he would rely on the results of a pair of congressional investigations to guide his decision.
Two videos allegedly show Planned Parenthood officials discussing sales of tissue and organs from aborted fetuses. Boehner said he would wait for the House Energy and Commerce and Judiciary committees to finish their investigations before announcing a response.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/planned-parenthood-video-john-boehner-funding-120536.html#ixzz3gjfLd7Uk

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Boehner noncommittal on defunding Planned Parenthood

Speaker John Boehner twice stopped short of declaring the House would cut off all government funding to Planned Parenthood, and said he would rely on the results of a pair of congressional investigations to guide his decision.
Two videos allegedly show Planned Parenthood officials discussing sales of tissue and organs from aborted fetuses. Boehner said he would wait for the House Energy and Commerce and Judiciary committees to finish their investigations before announcing a response.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/planned-parenthood-video-john-boehner-funding-120536.html#ixzz3gjfLd7Uk

Looks like Hilary joins pro-PP Boehnner and PP donor Chris Christie with her own position supporting them.

Hillary Clinton Defends Embattled Planned Parenthood
(NBC News) Hillary Clinton strongly defended Planned Parenthood Thursday as the women's health organization reels from the fallout over a sting video released by anti-abortion activists earlier this month.

"For more than a century, Planned Parenthood has provided essential services for women," Clinton said while campaigning at a community college in Greenville, South Carolina. "And I think it is unfortunate that Planned Parenthood has been the object of such a concerted attack for so many years. And it's really an attack against a woman's right to chose."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Rand Paul plans to keep pushing to defund U.S. Planned Parenthood

Source: Yahoo! News / Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Republican presidential contender Rand Paul said on Sunday he plans to push Congress to cut federal funding for the non-profit reproductive healthcare organization Planned Parenthood in a debate over its treatment of aborted fetal tissue.

"I think the time is now to discuss whether taxpayer dollars should be going to such a gruesome procedure," Paul, a Kentucky senator, said on Fox News Sunday. "People are outraged by this and I think the American people deserve to have a vote on it."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has started a fast-track process to bring Paul's legislation for a vote soon, McConnell's spokesman told Reuters on Sunday.

Republicans have rallied around secretly recorded videos showing Planned Parenthood officials discussing ways to perform abortions to preserve fetal tissue for research, as well as the costs involved. The videos were filmed by anti-abortion group Center for Medical Progress.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/rand-paul-plans-keep-pushing-defund-planned-parenthood-135834788.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

No Sign That Issue of Planned Parenthood Videos Is Fading as Anger Grows
Monday, 27 Jul 2015

Two stealthily recorded videos show Planned Parenthood officials discussing how they provide aborted fetal organs for research. The videos have put the group and its Democratic allies on the defensive.

It's unclear how long the political damage may last or whether Planned Parenthood has broken federal law — as abortion foes contend.

What is clear is that Republicans and anti-abortion groups are giving no signs of letting the issue fade quickly. A look of what's happened and what may be ahead:

SO FAR

Anti-abortion activists, under the banner of the previously obscure Center for Medical Progress, released two videos secretly recorded in 2014 and 2015 by people posing as buyers of fetal tissue.

One video shows their conversation with Dr. Deborah Nucatola, Planned Parenthood's senior director of medical services; the other is with Dr. Mary Gatter, one of the organization's medical directors.

In both videos, the Planned Parenthood officials discuss the amounts the group charges to provide the organs and the abortion procedures used to obtain the organs.

Abortion opponents say the videos show that Planned Parenthood is illegally harvesting and selling the organs. Planned Parenthood says it has done nothing wrong and that the videos were deceptively edited to support extremists' false claims.

THE POLITICAL PROBLEM

The business-like way the Planned Parenthood officials are seen discussing abortions, at times in grisly terms, has people from all camps wincing.

Planned Parenthood's president, Cecile Richards, has apologized for the "tone and statements." Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he has seen no indication that the organization broke federal laws, but that "should be looked into." Rep. Gerald Connolly, D-Va., said Democrats will not abandon their support for women's reproductive rights, but "nor are we going to defend the indefensible."

Abortion foes view the video as a political boon.

"When the curtain is drawn aside and people get glimpse of what the argument is about, at the actual brutality of abortion, yes, it helps pro-life candidates," said Douglas Johnson, top lobbyist for the National Right to Life Committee.

Some Republicans warn against going too far by escalating the fight beyond Planned Parenthood itself. Polls show more Americans prefer abortion rights to banning abortion, and some Republicans have stumbled badly on the issue, including comments about "legitimate rape" by defeated GOP Senate candidate Rep. Todd Akin of Missouri.

"What you don't want to get into is the pro-life versus pro-choice debate," said GOP consultant Ron Bonjean. "Most Americans still mainly care about the economy, jobs and national security."

NEXT IN CONGRESS

Three congressional committees are making inquiries, including the House Energy and Commerce Committee, which wants a briefing from Nucatola.

Planned Parenthood has not said she would appear. The committee chairman, Rep. Fred Upton, R-Mich., said in an interview that "at the end of the day, she'll testify" — by appearing by subpoena if necessary. Hearings seem likely.

Numerous Republican lawmakers and presidential candidates say they want to eliminate Planned Parenthood's federal funding, which they have tried unsuccessfully before. That effort can fire up conservative voters and donors but stands little chance of surviving in the Senate or getting President Barack Obama's signature. The fight could get ensnared in a possible budget battle this fall that might threaten another government shutdown.

Planned Parenthood's most recent annual report says that of its $1.3 billion budget, $528 million comes from the government, though that includes some money from states.

"I look forward to anyone who wants to look into our policies and procedures." Richards said Sunday on ABC's "This Week."

PLANNED PARENTHOOD AND THE LAW

Three federal laws are most frequently mentioned in arguments over whether illegality has occurred.

One bans for-profit sales of fetal tissue, but allows the provider to recover the procedure's costs.

Nucatola and Gatter discuss potential prices for providing tissue. Nucatola mentions a range between $30 and $100 per procedure; Gatter discusses $75 but doesn't rule out $100. Both say Planned Parenthood wants to cover costs and not profit.

Another law bars providers from changing "the timing, method or procedures" of abortions to recover fetal tissue for research.

Gatter mentions a "less crunchy" technique that can increase the chances of recovering intact organs and says she would not mind asking a Planned Parenthood surgeon to consider that. "They're both totally appropriate techniques, there's no difference in pain involved," she says.

Nucatola says when a provider is attempting to recover an organ, "you're just kind of cognizant of where you put your graspers" so "you're not going to crush that part." She also says, "You should always do the procedure the same, and that's what the providers try to do."

A third law bans a procedure that opponents call "partial-birth abortion," in which a living fetus is partly extracted from the mother as it is aborted. Nucatola mentions that to avoid violating that ban, some doctors use the drug digoxin, which can be toxic to a fetus in sufficient amounts.

Separately, California's attorney general, a Democrat who plans to run for the Senate in 2016, is investigating whether the group that made the videos violated registration or reporting requirements, or broke any other state rules.

Planned Parenthood says the videos show no illegal or improper actions, and that the group does not profit by providing tissue to researchers. Anti-abortion forces seem divided: Some say the doctors' words show law-breaking; others don't go that far.

"There's smoke there," says Right to Life's Johnson, who wants the videos examined by "people with investigative authority."

"The Weekly," a publication by the anti-abortion Southern Baptist Convention, wrote recently that Planned Parenthood's practices seem "sadly and shockingly legal," and called for new laws.

Richards says fetal organ donation takes place in a handful of states and the tissue goes toward medical research.

"This is actually laudable that women and their families choose to make fetal tissue donations in order to potentially save the lives of other folks," Richards said.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Yet another reason why I like living in California

It would be nice if these fundamental religous extremist turned out to have broken the law in making these videos

Once again fundies have to lie and cheat in order to further there extremist religious agenda

So far it appears that Planed Parenthood didn't break any laws at all

California AG to review group behind Planned Parenthood videos

California Attorney General Kamala Harris announced Friday she plans to review two undercover videos released by anti-abortion activists aimed at discrediting Planned Parenthood’s procedures for providing fetal tissue to researchers to see if any law was broken in the filming.

Harris made the announcement in a letter to four Democratic members of Congress who had requested the investigation, saying she’ll use her office’s authority to regulate charity organizations to see if the organization that made the videos violated registration or reporting requirements, or broke any other rules.

"We will carefully review the allegations raised in your letter to determine whether there were any violations of California law," Harris said in the letter to four members of the U.S. House of Representatives.

She said her office will look into "allegations that individuals impersonated corporate officials from a fake biologics company, resulting in the release of secretly filmed videos of Planned Parenthood physicians without their consent."

Harris, a Democrat, plans to run for the U.S. Senate in 2016.

The videos show Dr. Mary Gatter, a Planned Parenthood medical director in Southern California, meeting with people posing as possible buyers of intact fetal specimens. The conversation is centered of the cost of the specimens.

David Daleiden of the Center for Medical Progress, the group that released the videos, contends it follows all applicable laws when making videos that he called investigative journalism.

He said in a statement that Planned Parenthood is "trying to use the power of their political cronies to shut down free speech" and to "silence the freedom of the press."

The videos have shined the spotlight on Planned Parenthood’s policies on aborted fetuses by three Republican-led congressional committees and three states.

Federal law prohibits the commercial sale of fetal tissue, but it allows the not-for-profit donation of tissue if the women who underwent abortions give their consent. Planned Parenthood says the payments discussed in the videos pertain to reimbursement for the costs of procuring the tissue — which is legal.

Gatter says in the second video, which was released on Tuesday a week after the first, that "We're not in it for the money," while also discussing whether a payment of $100 per fetal specimen would be adequate.

Planned Parenthood spokesman Eric Ferrero said in a statement after the release of the second video that the organization behind the videos "is a group of extremists who have intimidated women and doctors for years in their agenda to ban abortion completely."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/25/california-will-review-videos-targeting-planned-parenthood/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Technician details harvesting fetal parts for Planned Parenthood in latest video
Published July 28, 2015
FoxNews.com

A technician who said she worked for a company that partnered with Planned Parenthood to harvest fetal tissue said there’s “incentive to try and get the hard stuff ‘cause you’re going to get more money,” in the latest undercover video targeting Planned Parenthood.

“For whatever we could procure, they would get a certain percentage,” said Holly O’Donnell, identified as an ex-procurement technician for StemExpress, a Placerville, Calif., company. “The main nurse was always trying to make sure we got our specimens. No one else really cared, but the main nurse did because she knew that Planned Parenthood was getting compensated.”

GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: Click to see latest undercover Planned Parenthood video

The new, graphic video from the Center for Medical Progress appears to show technicians using tweezers to pick through aborted fetal tissue for baby parts. After one person in the video picks out a pair of intact kidneys someone off-camera laughs and says, “Five stars!”

O’Donnell said she fainted the first time she was part of this process and was told by someone in the room, “some of us don’t ever get over it.”

“If you can somehow procure a brain or a heart you’re going to get more money than just Chorionic villi or umbilical cord.”

- Holly O'Donnell
O'Donnell said she worked for six months identifying pregnant women at Planned Parenthood who met the standards for fetal tissue orders and then helped to harvest fetal body parts after abortions at Planned Parenthood facilities.

StemExpress “supplies human blood, tissue products, primary cells and other clinical specimens to biomedical researchers around the world,” according to its website.

O’Donnell describes the company a different way.

Holly O’Donnell says she worked for six months for a company that procured tissue and organs for Planned Parenthood, which then presumably shipped them to research labs. (Screengrab, Center for Medical Progress video)

“StemExpress is a company that hires procurement techs to draw blood and dissect dead fetuses and sell the parts to researchers,” she said. “They’ve partnered with Planned Parenthood and they get part of the money because we pay them to use their facilities. And they get paid from it. They do get some kind of benefit.”

Planned Parenthood has denied selling fetal tissue for a profit, which is against federal law.

“If you can somehow procure a brain or a heart you’re going to get more money than just Chorionic villi or umbilical cord,” O’Donnell said.

In the latest video, the undercover team cites this fee schedule, which it says contains prices a lab will pay for fetal tissue and organs. (Screengrab, Center for Medical Progress)

The video is the third to be released by the Center for Medical Progress. Like the first two, it contains undercover video of Planned Parenthood officials and associates, but is heavily reliant on an interview with O’Donnell.

Previous videos show Dr. Mary Gatter, a Planned Parenthood medical director in Southern California, meeting with people posing as buyers of fetal specimens. The conversation focuses on how much money the buyers should pay, although Planned Parenthood insists that it only sought to cover its expenses. The videos have brought investigations of Planned Parenthood's policies on aborted fetuses by three Republican-led congressional committees and three states.

Federal law prohibits the commercial sale of fetal tissue, but it allows the not-for-profit donation of tissue if the women who underwent abortions give their consent. Planned Parenthood says the payments discussed in the videos pertain to reimbursement for the costs of procuring the tissue -- which is legal.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/28/new-planned-parenthood-video-focuses-on-payment-for-fetal-tissue/?intcmp=hpbt1

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Rand wants to defund them.  The GOP idiots that control the house and senate are trying to stop him.

tough to blame the libs when the GOP owns both hosue and senate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
 :o

Hillary Clinton Calls Planned Parenthood Videos ‘Disturbing’
Jul 29, 2015
By LIZ KREUTZ

Hillary Clinton has staunchly defended Planned Parenthood in the wake of recently released videos that an anti-abortion group claims to show employees with the organization discussing the sale of aborted fetal tissue.

But, in a new interview, she calls the graphic videos “disturbing” and says there should be a national investigation into that practice.

“I have seen pictures from them and obviously find them disturbing,” the Democratic presidential candidate told the New Hampshire Union Leader on Tuesday in regards to the videos, which were released by the anti-abortion group Center for Medical Progress. “Planned Parenthood is answering questions and will continue to answer questions.”

Clinton, however, did not waiver in her overall support of the organization, and said there are two points to make: “One, Planned Parenthood for more than a century has done a lot of really good work for women: cancer screenings, family planning, all kinds of health services. And this raises not questions about Planned Parenthood so much as it raises questions about the whole process, that is, not just involving Planned Parenthood, but many institutions in our country.”

Clinton added that if there’s going to be a congressional inquiry into the videos, “it should look at everything,” and not just one organization.

Clinton made the remark on the same day the Center for Medical Progress released a third video which it says shows the harvesting of fetal tissue, as well as current and former Planned Parenthood employees discussing the procedures and pricing.

Several Republicans -- including many GOP presidential candidates -- have cited these videos as a reason why Planned Parenthood should lose federal funding. And Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul has called for Clinton to return the group’s donations to her campaign.

In response to the claims of illegal behavior in the video, Planned Parenthood has asserted that all of its actions are legal as well as ethical.

In addition, the organization said the video was “heavily edited,” stating that “similar false accusations have been put forth by opponents of abortion services for decades.” “Planned Parenthood has broken no laws," Cecile Richards, the president of the non-profit, said on ABC News’ "This Week." "We have the highest standards. The care and health care and safety of our patients is our most important priority."

Clinton, who is pro-choice, has vowed to defend Planned Parenthood over the weekend, even adding in a new line to her campaign stump speech.

“I will defend a woman’s right to choose,” Clinton said in Iowa and New Hampshire this week, “and I will defend Planned Parenthood."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-calls-planned-parenthood-videos-disturbing/story?id=32757475

bears

• Getbig IV
I just don't get this issue at all.  why is it illegal to sell the fetal parts in the first place?  and if we don't consider it a life, what the fuck does anyone care what we do with the parts?  

I think these types of stories just go to show how full of shit pro choice people are about the abortion issue.

the other kind of story that points to the pro choice side just being utterly confused is the pregnant woman being killed and the murderer being charged with double murder.  I always found that quite amusing.

basically it's a life if the mother wants it to be.  NOW THAT'S FUCKING SCIENCE!!!!!

and why does Hillary find this disturbing? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I just don't get this issue at all.  why is it illegal to sell the fetal parts in the first place?  and if we don't consider it a life, what the fuck does anyone care what we do with the parts?  

I think these types of stories just go to show how full of shit pro choice people are about the abortion issue.

the other kind of story that points to the pro choice side just being utterly confused is the pregnant woman being killed and the murderer being charged with double murder.  I always found that quite amusing.

basically it's a life if the mother wants it to be.  NOW THAT'S FUCKING SCIENCE!!!!!

and why does Hillary find this disturbing?  

Good points.  I don't think Planned Parenthood and others who support them consider unborn children to be human, so they're not really concerned about what happens with body parts.  They simply don't want to get caught breaking the law.  That's the only reason they "care."  

bears

• Getbig IV
Good points.  I don't think Planned Parenthood and others who support them consider unborn children to be human, so they're not really concerned about what happens with body parts.  They simply don't want to get caught breaking the law.  That's the only reason they "care."  

right but then it begs the question.  why did Hillary say this was "disturbing"?  what's disturbing?  those are the fucking body parts and they want to make money off of them.  what's the fucking problem?  I still need an answer on why this is illegal in the first place.

the real problem is this.  if we are not going to consider them a life the mother should have all rights to the parts and be able to sell them herself.  it's her body.  she should pay the fee for the abortion doctor to make sure he just smashes the skull to kill the baby and be given the body parts to do what she wants with them.  maybe she wants to make soup and sell it.  who gives a fuck?

great way for pro choice women to make money in my opinion.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
right but then it begs the question.  why did Hillary say this was "disturbing"?  what's disturbing?  those are the fucking body parts and they want to make money off of them.  what's the fucking problem?  I still need an answer on why this is illegal in the first place.

the real problem is this.  if we are not going to consider them a life the mother should have all rights to the parts and be able to sell them herself.  it's her body.  she should pay the fee for the abortion doctor to make sure he just smashes the skull to kill the baby and be given the body parts to do what she wants with them.  maybe she wants to make soup and sell it.  who gives a fuck?

I doubt Hillary is actually disturbed.  She is saying what she needs to say. 

I'm not sure what the stated purpose of the law is (haven't read it). 

Your problem is you're trying to inject logic into this whole thing.  You are correct that if an unborn child is not actually a human being, then it really shouldn't matter what happens with the body parts after the baby is killed.  You won't really hear pro abortion people say that.  Except when caught on a hidden camera . . . .

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

I'm guessing you meant to write getting reimbursed for costs which is PERFECTLY LEGAL