Author Topic: Could Whistleblower Claims Strip Planned Parenthood of Government Funding?  (Read 63639 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Call it 'research,' not 'business,' Planned Parenthood doc says in latest sting video
Published July 30, 2015
FoxNews.com

A woman identified as Dr. Savita Ginde talks with undercover activists in the latest video targeting Planned Parenthood. (Center for Medical Progress)

A Colorado Planned Parenthood doctor stresses calling the harvesting of fetal tissue "research" and not "business" -- and casually pokes around in a petri dish of aborted remains as a colleague exclaims, "Another boy!" -- in the latest video released Thursday by an activist group whose hidden camera stings have imperiled the embattled nonprofit's taxpayer funding.

The video’s release by the Center for Medical Progress comes a day after CMP was issued a restraining order preventing it from issuing any new footage of a group that worked with Planned Parenthood, StemExpress. But Thursday’s material focuses almost entirely on a woman identified as Dr. Savita Ginde, the vice president and medical director of Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains.

"A lot of times, especially with the second [trimester fetuses], we won’t even put water, because it’s so big you can put your hand in there and pick out the parts.”

- Dr. Savita Ginde
GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: Click here to see the latest Planned Parenthood video

Ginde is shown for the majority of the edited video having a discussion about whether to frame tissue procurement as research or business with the undercover activists, whom she believes to be from a procurement company. It is against federal law to sell fetal body parts for profit.

“Putting it under the research gives us a little bit of a, a little sort of overhang over the whole thing,” Ginde said. “Yeah, and in public I think it makes a lot more sense for it to be in the research vein than I’d say the business vein.”

Ginde says in the video that it’s important for all Planned Parenthood affiliates to be on the same page about the issue, particularly those affiliates who may be in states where prevailing public opinion goes against abortion.

“Because if you have someone in a really anti-state that’s going to be doing this for you, they’re probably going to get caught,” she said.

During the conversation, Ginde is asked if she ever gets intact specimens.

“Sometimes, if we get, if someone delivers before we get to see them for a procedure, then we are intact,” she said.

CMP alleges that, since this particular Planned Parenthood affiliate does not use feticides in its second-trimester procedures, any intact deliveries prior to an abortion “are potentially born-alive infants under federal law.”

Near the end of the more than 11-minute video, Ginde digs through the remains of an 11-week-old fetus in a petri dish, showing different body parts to the undercover activist.

At one point, a sound identified as a skull cracking is heard. Later, someone in the room asks questions such as "Do they want brain?" and "Do people do stuff with eyeballs?" The activist laments that using water in the petri dish has caused some of the tissue to come apart.

“Well you know, a lot of times, especially with the second [trimester fetuses], we won’t even put water, because it’s so big you can put your hand in there and pick out the parts,” Ginde says. “So I don’t think it would be as war-torn.”

As Ginde looks over the fetal tissue she says, “It’s a baby.”

The last quote in the video comes from a medical assistant, joyfully proclaiming “And another boy!” when she realizes the sex of the fetus they are dissecting.

The video is the fourth to be released by CMP. Like the first three, it contains undercover video of Planned Parenthood officials and associates.

Previous videos show Dr. Mary Gatter, a Planned Parenthood medical director in Southern California, meeting with people posing as buyers of fetal specimens. The conversation focuses on how much money the buyers should pay, although Planned Parenthood insists that it only sought to cover its expenses. The videos have brought investigations of Planned Parenthood's policies on aborted fetuses by three Republican-led congressional committees and three states.

Federal law prohibits the commercial sale of fetal tissue, but it allows the not-for-profit donation of tissue if the women who underwent abortions give their consent. Planned Parenthood says the payments discussed in the videos pertain to reimbursement for the costs of procuring the tissue -- which is legal.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/30/call-it-research-not-business-planned-parenthood-doc-says-in-latest-sting-video/?intcmp=hpbt1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Planned Parenthood VP Says Fetuses May Come Out Intact, Agrees Payments Specific to the Specimen
July 30, 3015

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

#PPSellsBabyParts PLANNED PARENTHOOD VP SAYS FETUSES MAY COME OUT INTACT, AGREES PAYMENTS SPECIFIC TO THE SPECIMEN
Planned Parenthood Rocky Mountains VP & Medical Director Savita Ginde Discusses Contract Details, Aborted Body Parts Pricing, and How to Not “Get Caught”

Contact: David Daleiden, media@centerformedicalprogress.org, 949.734.0859

DENVER, July 30–New undercover footage shows Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains’ Vice President and Medical Director, Dr. Savita Ginde, negotiating a fetal body parts deal, agreeing multiple times to illicit pricing per body part harvested, and suggesting ways to avoid legal consequences.

Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains (PPRM) is a wealthy, multi-state Planned Parenthood affiliate that does over 10,000 abortions per year. PPRM has a contract to supply aborted fetal tissue to Colorado State University in Fort Collins.

In the video, actors posing as representatives from a human biologics company meet with Ginde at the abortion-clinic headquarters of PPRM in Denver to discuss a potential partnership to harvest fetal organs. When the actors request intact fetal specimens, Ginde reveals that in PPRM’s abortion practice, “Sometimes, if we get, if someone delivers before we get to see them for a procedure, then we are intact.”

Since PPRM does not use digoxin or other feticide in its 2nd trimester procedures, any intact deliveries before an abortion are potentially born-alive infants under federal law (1 USC 8 ).

“We’d have to do a little bit of training with the providers or something to make sure that they don’t crush” fetal organs during 2nd trimester abortions, says Ginde, brainstorming ways to ensure the abortion doctors at PPRM provide usable fetal organs.

When the buyers ask Ginde if “compensation could be specific to the specimen?” Ginde agrees, “Okay.” Later on in the abortion clinic’s pathological laboratory, standing over an aborted fetus, Ginde responds to the buyer’s suggestion of paying per body part harvested, rather than a standard flat fee for the entire case: “I think a per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.”

The sale or purchase of human fetal tissue is a federal felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison or a fine of up to $500,000 (42 U.S.C. 289g-2). Federal law also requires that no alteration in the timing or method of abortion be done for the purposes of fetal tissue collection (42 U.S.C. 289g-1).

Ginde also suggests ways for Planned Parenthood to cover-up its criminal and public relations liability for the sale of aborted body parts. “Putting it under ‘research’ gives us a little bit of an overhang over the whole thing,” Ginde remarks. “If you have someone in a really anti state who’s going to be doing this for you, they’re probably going to get caught.”

Ginde implies that PPRM’s lawyer, Kevin Paul, is helping the affiliate skirt under the fetal tissue law: “He’s got it figured out that he knows that even if, because we talked to him in the beginning, you know, we were like, ‘We don’t want to get called on,’ you know, ‘selling fetal parts across states.’” The buyers ask, “And you feel confident that they’re building those layers?” to which Ginde replies, “I’m confident that our Legal will make sure we’re not put in that situation.”

As the buyers and Planned Parenthood workers identify body parts from last fetus in the path lab, a Planned Parenthood medical assistant announces: “Another boy!”

The video is the latest by The Center for Medical Progress documenting Planned Parenthood’s sale of aborted fetal parts. Project Lead David Daleiden notes: “Elected officials need to listen to the public outcry for an immediate moratorium on Planned Parenthood’s taxpayer funding while the 10 state investigations and 3 Congressional committees determine the full extent of Planned Parenthood’s sale of baby parts.” Daleiden continues, “Planned Parenthood’s recent call for the NIH to convene an expert panel to ‘study’ fetal experimentation is absurd after suggestions from Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Ginde that ‘research’ can be used as a catch-all to cover-up baby parts sales. The biggest problem is bad actors like Planned Parenthood who hold themselves above the law in order to harvest and make money off of aborted fetal brains, hearts, and livers.”

http://www.centerformedicalprogress.org/2015/07/planned-parenthood-vp-says-fetuses-may-come-out-intact-agrees-payments-specific-to-the-specimen/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
GOP Lawmakers: Defund Planned Parenthood or Risk a Govt Shutdown
By Melanie Batley   
Thursday, 30 Jul 2015

As controversy surrounding the undercover videos of Planned Parenthood continues to swirl, congressional Republicans are vowing to defund the group even if it forces a government shutdown, Politico reported.

On Wednesday, 18 House Republicans told the leadership that they "cannot and will not support any funding resolution … that contains any funding for Planned Parenthood." And social conservatives like Sens. James Lankford of Oklahoma and Jeff Sessions of Alabama have said they would potentially introduce a rider to the spending bill that would eliminate the group's $528 million public funding.

"This is one of those line-in-the-sand type of issues," South Carolina GOP Rep. Mick Mulvaney told Politico. "Every time we say we don't want to spend money on something, the answer is it will provoke a shutdown."

In the Senate, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is leading the charge, saying next week's Senate roll call to defund the group is a "legislative show vote" and he plans to do everything possible to force the issue, not barring a government shutdown.

"I would support any and all legislative efforts to defund Planned Parenthood. We do not need a legislative show-vote."

Over the weekend, Senate conservatives attempted to attach defunding measures to the transportation bill. But they have now shifted their strategy to focus on the upcoming government spending bill, according to Politico.

Sessions said Republicans "don't need to take no for an answer" after Democrats reject the provisions to defund it next week.

"Congress doesn't have to fund any program it doesn't think is justified. How does it get to be that a minority of the Democrats can dictate that a majority party has to fund programs it doesn't believe in?" Sessions said, according to Politico. "We don't need to go at it halfheartedly."

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is also leading the charge to defund the pro-choice organization.

He said on Fox News' "Hannity" on Wednesday that he thinks there are 58 senators who will vote for defunding, according to Breitbart.

"I'm horrified by these videos and everybody is. When I think of ultrasound, I think of the pictures of my kids before they were born and the happiness we had," Paul said. "To imagine that doctors are using ultrasound to manipulate the body around, turn the body around to take body parts from a baby, it just — it sickens me."

He said he believes that there's at least three or four Democrats that could cross over and vote with the Republicans.

"We're going to work very hard. I think there are some pro-choice Democrats, there are many pro-choice Americans who are horrified by this. Because they don't think of abortion as turning the baby around and harvesting baby hearts, and showing kidneys and livers and lungs and hearts that are then being resold. The gruesomeness of this cannot be overstated," Paul said. "And I think we may well get some Democrats who are going to say, 'Enough's enough, we can't keep funding a group that does this.'"

Meanwhile, the group that released the three undercover videos of Planned Parenthood staff discussing the harvesting or sale of fetal tissue has said there are nine more videos set for release, the Daily Caller reported.

"We have close to 300 hours total of undercover video that was gathered during a 20-month-long, in-depth investigative journalism study of how Planned Parenthood sells the body parts of the babies they abort," David Daleiden, founder of the Center for Medical Progress, told Sean Hannity on his radio show on Tuesday.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/planned-parenthood-spending-bill-defund-gop/2015/07/30/id/659610/#ixzz3hPEv30i9

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I hope the Repubs are dumb enough to shut down the governemnt over Planned Parenthood

There is nothing the voters love more than having their government shut down by idealogue republicans and  fundie religious zealots

It's always worked out great for them each time they've done it

bears

• Getbig IV
I'm guessing you meant to write getting reimbursed for costs which is PERFECTLY LEGAL

you obviously haven't read up on this except for liberal rags.  

they are selling parts from a fetus.  the actual parts from the fetus are "donated" because the law says it's illegal to profit off of human tissue, which is ridiculous as a fetus isn't considered a human being, but whatever.  so they "donate" the fetal body parts but charge a procurement fee.  so yes they are profiting off of selling fetal bodyparts.  they're just calling the actual transfer of the fetus a "donation".  the profit is in the "procurement fee".

if you don't see through that loophole or see how this is ridiculous you're either stupid or just behaving as the good little liberal soldier that you are and denying truth because the tv tells you to.

for the record, i am of the opinion that none of it should be illegal.  if we don't consider a fetus as a human, then you should be able to sell their fucking parts.  

bears

• Getbig IV
i honestly don't care about this issue anymore.  it's worn out.  I will teach my sons to respect life and know that if they create a life they need to protect that life.  

but I don't care how many babies OTHER people kill.  I just have bigger fish to fry.  i'll take care of mine.  you do what you want with yours.

what I do find funny is that all the shit that those "bible thumpers" back in the 1970's proclaimed the abortion industry would become before they were mocked, insulted, and laughed out of the room is all coming to fruition.  and all the liberals are simply in denial.

abortion will become a form of birth control - DONE
abortion will be used for social engineering - DONE (if you've ever made the argument that abortion has reduced crime you've hammered this one home)
abortion will be used as a tool to discriminate - everyone knows the answer to that

and some others but I have to get back to work.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

they are selling parts from a fetus.  the actual parts from the fetus are "donated" because the law says it's illegal to profit off of human tissue, which is ridiculous as a fetus isn't considered a human being, but whatever.  so they "donate" the fetal body parts but charge a procurement fee.  so yes they are profiting off of selling fetal bodyparts.  they're just calling the actual transfer of the fetus a "donation".  the profit is in the "procurement fee".

if you don't see through that loophole or see how this is ridiculous you're either stupid or just behaving as the good little liberal soldier that you are and denying truth because the tv tells you to.

for the record, i am of the opinion that none of it should be illegal.  if we don't consider a fetus as a human, then you should be able to sell their fucking parts.  

feel free to post your sources just like I did on the prior page

otherwise spare me the fundie disphit propoganda

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
This thread is almost five years old.  So what was the outcome of this?

Preemptive claim of not being surprised.

bears

• Getbig IV
feel free to post your sources just like I did on the prior page

otherwise spare me the fundie disphit propoganda

your source says exactly what i'm saying.  

everyone understands exactly how this is working except for you apparently.

they are profiting off of fetal organs.  no one is actually denying this.  PP is just claiming that what they're doing is LEGAL because they're calling one thing a donation and one thing a procurement fee.    

bears

• Getbig IV
I just find it hilarious how these fucking libs defend to the death an organization founded my Margaret fucking Sanger.

and then have the audacity to try and point out the hypocrisy of the religious right any chance they get.

you seriously can't make this shit up.  it just keeps getting better and better.

bears

• Getbig IV
"We're going to work very hard. I think there are some pro-choice Democrats, there are many pro-choice Americans who are horrified by this. Because they don't think of abortion as turning the baby around and harvesting baby hearts, and showing kidneys and livers and lungs and hearts that are then being resold. The gruesomeness of this cannot be overstated," Paul said. "And I think we may well get some Democrats who are going to say, 'Enough's enough, we can't keep funding a group that does this.'"

why?  it's not a fucking baby. 

i'm sorry someone please explain why they would be "horrified" by this.

why is this "gruesome"?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
your source says exactly what i'm saying.  

everyone understands exactly how this is working except for you apparently.

they are profiting off of fetal organs.  no one is actually denying this.  PP is just claiming that what they're doing is LEGAL because they're calling one thing a donation and one thing a procurement fee.    

bullshit as usual

I thought you said you read the links on the prior page

The “sale” of organs, both adult and fetal, for transplantation is indeed illegal, but donation of tissue — both from aborted fetuses and from adults — is not. And payment for “reasonable” costs is also allowed under the law.

or how about this one from the UNEDITED video

At one point in the unedited video (which was also released by the group), Nucatola says: “Affiliates are not looking to make money by doing this. They’re looking to serve their patients and just make it not impact their bottom line.”
Nucatola also says, “No one’s going to see this as a money making thing.” And at another point, she says, “Our goal, like I said, is to give patients the option without impacting our bottom line. The messaging is this should not be seen as a new revenue stream, because that’s not what it is.

bears

• Getbig IV
bullshit as usual

I thought you said you read the links on the prior page

or how about this one from the UNEDITED video

LOL.  so a quote with a PP rep saying that it's not supposed to be a money maker satisfies you.  but a quote from a PP rep effectively saying that it is by obviously haggling over a price you just refuse to acknowledge?  

find a better fucking organization to defend dude.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL.  so a quote with a PP rep saying that it's not supposed to be a money maker satisfies you.  but a quote from a PP rep saying that it is you just refuse to acknowledge?  

find a better fucking organization to defend dude.  

it absolutely satisfies me

I wonder why the fundies who made this video chose to leave it out of the "edited" video

Added to that is the fact that donation of tissue with payment to cover costs is legal

So if you choose to ignore those two facts that is your choice but don't expect others (other than fellow dipshit fundies) to buy into your willful ignorance

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Could Whistleblower Claims Strip Planned Parenthood of Government Funding?
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2015, 04:01:09 PM »

I wonder why the fundies who made this video chose to leave it out of the "edited" video

Added to that is the fact that donation of tissue with payment to cover costs is legal

So if you choose to ignore those two facts that is your choice but don't expect others (other than fellow dipshit fundies) to buy into your willful ignorance

Do you have children?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2015, 08:21:26 AM »

have you see the entire video?  I'm guessing no.

so if you watch that video can you tell what the cost is to cover?   it's obvious the lady doesn't have a bottom line figure for the cost.  she's obviously haggling.  she wants to make more $$. 

look you've been conditioned to defend PP to the death.  I get it. 

but watch the video in it's entirety and tell me what the cost to procure is.  if they are in fact making a point NOT to profit from this you should be able to tell me exactly what their cost to cover is.  you can't.  she would have given a hard number.  she doesn't.  and if what you're saying is true then I don't understand why you or she can't give me that figure.

and to be fair legally, they've probably done nothing wrong.

but are they profiting off selling the parts from fetuses?  Yes.  They are.  They have people to pay and budgets to meet just like anyone else.  Are they making millions and millions?  No. 

I just don't understand the worship of this organization from the liberal left.  What's scary is you simply will not accept the idea that they could overstep their bounds.  You will forgive all no matter what.  you decided that years ago. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2015, 09:55:44 AM »
Do you have children?

No

what does that have to do with the facts of the videos?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2015, 10:06:52 AM »
have you see the entire video?  I'm guessing no.

so if you watch that video can you tell what the cost is to cover?   it's obvious the lady doesn't have a bottom line figure for the cost.  she's obviously haggling.  she wants to make more $$.  

look you've been conditioned to defend PP to the death.  I get it.  

but watch the video in it's entirety and tell me what the cost to procure is.  if they are in fact making a point NOT to profit from this you should be able to tell me exactly what their cost to cover is.  you can't.  she would have given a hard number.  she doesn't.  and if what you're saying is true then I don't understand why you or she can't give me that figure.

and to be fair legally, they've probably done nothing wrong.

but are they profiting off selling the parts from fetuses?  Yes.  They are.  They have people to pay and budgets to meet just like anyone else.  Are they making millions and millions?  No.  

I just don't understand the worship of this organization from the liberal left.  What's scary is you simply will not accept the idea that they could overstep their bounds.  You will forgive all no matter what.  you decided that years ago.  

have you watched the unedited video (which is almost 3 hours long)
If so how did you miss the multiple times they said this is not a money making endeavor and that no one should construe it as such.  

If you have some proof to the contrary then stop wasting your time here and contact the authorities

If you just want to insists that your personal beliefs are contrary to what was repeatedly stated by the woman in the video that's perfectly fine but don't expect me to go along

Again, recovering the costs of donated tissue is PERFECTLY LEGAL

You seem to acknowledge this in your post but then you say they are "profiting"

I thought you were a CPA or something similar

If you have proof they are truly profiting and this is something they do to "make money" (i.e. in excess of expenses and to maximize PROFIT) then get off this board and go provide your evidence to someone who can do something about it

If not then you and agree, as you put it "they've probably done nothing illegal" (I would exclude the "probably" but I wanted to use your exact quote)

so if we put that aside then we're probably back to the starting point which I'm guessing is that you oppose abortion and I support a woman's right to choose to have an abortion

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2015, 12:10:16 PM »

I approve of this post.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2015, 12:11:57 PM »
If so how did you miss the multiple times they said this is not a money making endeavor and that no one should construe it as such.  

If you have some proof to the contrary then stop wasting your time here and contact the authorities

If you just want to insists that your personal beliefs are contrary to what was repeatedly stated by the woman in the video that's perfectly fine but don't expect me to go along

If you have proof they are truly profiting and this is something they do to "make money" (i.e. in excess of expenses and to maximize PROFIT) then get off this board and go provide your evidence to someone who can do something about it

If not then you and agree, as you put it "they've probably done nothing illegal" (I would exclude the "probably" but I wanted to use your exact quote)

so if we put that aside then we're probably back to the starting point which I'm guessing is that you oppose abortion and I support a woman's right to choose to have an abortion

Also approved.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2015, 12:45:27 PM »

yes she says what she's supposed to say.

if what you're saying is true you could (because she would have said) tell me what their cost to cover is.  you can't.  we would have learned what their cost to cover is.   

that's the argument from all the watch dogs.  she obviously doesn't have a fixed price for what they do.  and you don't need to be a CPA to gather that from that video.  anyone with half a brain would tell that it's fishy.

i'm not saying that this is a huge deal.  all i'm saying is when I see that video, something kind of stinks. 

but you're a good lil soldier and you will defend them to the death.....no matter what.  ANY oversight is unfair, racist, and evil.  we get it.

but i'm sure you defend all non profits with the same vitriol as them.  i'm sure it has nothing to with them being the largest abortion provider in the US.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2015, 02:09:29 PM »
yes she says what she's supposed to say.

if what you're saying is true you could (because she would have said) tell me what their cost to cover is.  you can't.  we would have learned what their cost to cover is.[/b]  

that's the argument from all the watch dogs.  she obviously doesn't have a fixed price for what they do.  and you don't need to be a CPA to gather that from that video.  anyone with half a brain would tell that it's fishy.

i'm not saying that this is a huge deal.  all i'm saying is when I see that video, something kind of stinks.  

but you're a good lil soldier and you will defend them to the death.....no matter what.  ANY oversight is unfair, racist, and evil.  we get it.

but i'm sure you defend all non profits with the same vitriol as them.  i'm sure it has nothing to with them being the largest abortion provider in the US.

Again, if you believe this is a profit center for them you must have some personal knowledge of this other than your gut and your belief that Jesus is against abortion

I assume since you claim there are no costs to be covered that you have some kind of reference to proof of this (link please) or some personal expertise in this area

if not, then again you're simply suggesting that I must just agree with your personal ignorance on the subject and contrary to the opinions of actual experts on the subject of the costs associated with the procurement and handling of medical specimens.

again, these are all from links on the prior page.  Please go read them before you ask me to respond again

sorry for the large bold print but it seems like you're either just not reading the info I've provided or choosing to ignore it

Four experts in the field of human tissue procurement told us the price range discussed in the video — $30 to $100 per patient — represents a reasonable fee. “There’s no way there’s a profit at that price,” said Sherilyn J. Sawyer, the director of Harvard University and Brigham and Women’s Hospital’s “biorepository.”

Nucatola’s comment, though, isn’t evidence that Planned Parenthood or its affiliates are selling “body parts” or fetal tissue for profit. The full video shows that after Nucatola mentions the $30 to $100, she describes how those amounts would be reimbursement for expenses related to handling and transportation of the tissues. Nucatola talks about “space issues” and whether shipping would be involved.

We also asked experts in the use of human tissue for research about the potential for profit. Sherilyn J. Sawyer, the director of Harvard University and Brigham and Women’s Hospital’s “biorepository,” told us that “there’s no way there’s a profit at that price.”She continued in an email:

Sawyer, July 20: In reality, $30-100 probably constitutes a loss for [Planned Parenthood]. The costs associated with collection, processing, storage, and inventory and records management for specimens are very high. Most hospitals will provide tissue blocks from surgical procedures (ones no longer needed for clinical purposes, and without identity) for research, and cost recover for their time and effort in the range of $100-500 per case/block. In the realm of tissues for research $30-100 is completely reasonable and normal fee.

Jim Vaught, president of the International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories and formerly the deputy director of the National Cancer Institute’s Office of Biorepositories and Biospecimen Research, told us in an email that “$30 to $100 per sample is a reasonable charge for clinical operations to recover their costs for providing tissue.” In fact, he said, the costs to a clinic are often much higher, but most operations that provide this kind of tissue have “no intention of fully recovering [their] costs, much less making a profit.”

Carolyn Compton, the chief medical and science officer of Arizona State University’s National Biomarkers Development Alliance and a former director of biorepositories and biospecimen research at the National Cancer Institute, agreed that this was “a modest price tag for cost recovery.” Compton told us in an email: ” ‘Profit’ is out of the question, in my mind. I would say that whoever opined about ‘profit’ knows very little about the effort and expense involved in providing human biospecimens for research purposes.”

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2015, 02:39:06 PM »

Again, if you believe this is a profit center for them you must have some personal knowledge of this other than your gut and your belief that Jesus is against abortion

I assume since you claim there are no costs to be covered that you have some kind of reference to proof of this (link please) or some personal expertise in this area

if not, then again you're simply suggesting that I must just agree with your personal ignorance on the subject and contrary to the opinions of actual experts on the subject of the costs associated with the procurement and handling of medical specimens.

again, these are all from links on the prior page.  Please go read them before you ask me to respond again

sorry for the large bold print but it seems like you're either just not reading the info I've provided or choosing to ignore it

I'm not claiming that they are or they aren't.  but the rhetoric in that video I believe should raise some eyebrows. 

I'm assuming you're pissed off at Hillary that she described these videos as "disturbing" right?

like I said before I don't think this is a big deal. 

and for the record I have always maintained that the fetus parts should be allowed to be sold.....at a profit.  It's not a human.  never was.  it's not human tissue.  However the mother's should be getting some of that profit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2015, 03:00:07 PM »
I'm not claiming that they are or they aren't.  but the rhetoric in that video I believe should raise some eyebrows. 

I'm assuming you're pissed off at Hillary that she described these videos as "disturbing" right?

like I said before I don't think this is a big deal. 

and for the record I have always maintained that the fetus parts should be allowed to be sold.....at a profit.  It's not a human.  never was.  it's not human tissue.  However the mother's should be getting some of that profit.

I disagree with many things that many politicians say, including Hilary and Obama

and

there is NO PROFIT to "share"

go back and read the last post

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2015, 03:52:25 PM »
Pretty safe to say that libs are completely void of ANY morals. From abortion to racism, gay rights, transgendered, etc. no commonsense and definitely not knowing right from wrong.