Author Topic: Could Whistleblower Claims Strip Planned Parenthood of Government Funding?  (Read 63585 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Could Whistleblower Claims Strip Planned Parenthood of Government Funding?
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2015, 05:54:02 PM »
And it's just another video showing they are selling human body parts for profit.  Not sure that's how most taxpayers want their money spent.  Pretty gruesome stuff. 

I believe an unborn baby is a human life and I believe science should advance.  Those two aren't mutually exclusive. 

I don't think the 'profit' portion has been demonstrated.  I would agree, that should it be shown there is any profit, it needs to be stopped.  They are, after all, a non-profit.

In this sense, they probably are mutually exclusive.  They need these parts, or whole fetuses, to advance.  I would imagine that most in the medical field become desensitized to this type of stuff and try to keep things at a professional or what I would call 'clinical' level.  Lurker could probably elaborate more given his employment. 

But I don't think they are trying to devalue the fetus by having a 'clinical' type of discussion about the costs required to preserve, transport, store, etc., human remains (for lack of a better term).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2015, 06:00:16 PM »

I don't think the 'profit' portion has been demonstrated.  I would agree, that should it be shown there is any profit, it needs to be stopped.  They are, after all, a non-profit.

In this sense, they probably are mutually exclusive.  They need these parts, or whole fetuses, to advance.  I would imagine that most in the medical field become desensitized to this type of stuff and try to keep things at a professional or what I would call 'clinical' level.  Lurker could probably elaborate more given his employment.  

But I don't think they are trying to devalue the fetus by having a 'clinical' type of discussion about the costs required to preserve, transport, store, etc., human remains (for lack of a better term).

it's also a felony which is how you know that these videos are full of shit

If they had anything they would go to the authorities (it certainly would give them credibility)

Instead they edit out the many many times that the person from Planned Parenthood say this is not for profit, not a money making thing etc..

These video hoaxsters claim to be investigative journalists yet they edit out content that is contrary to the hoax they are trying to perpetrate

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2015, 06:09:01 PM »
it's also a felony which is how you know that these videos are full of shit

If they had anything they would go to the authorities (it certainly would give them credibility)

Instead they edit out the many many times that the person from Planned Parenthood say this is not for profit, not a money making thing etc..

These video hoaxsters claim to be investigative journalists yet they edit out content that is contrary to the hoax they are trying to perpetrate

Good point.  Any illegality would trigger an investigation at the very least.  I think the shock value comes from them being desensitized to this type of stuff.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2015, 06:28:52 PM »

Good point.  Any illegality would trigger an investigation at the very least.  I think the shock value comes from them being desensitized to this type of stuff.

I'm expect you'll find the same thing with surgeons, medical examiners, coroners, morticians
people who work in the medical industry in general are desensitized to stuff that would freak out the average person

just google "body farm photos" and you'll find pictures that will ruin your dinner yet people work there every day (and visit it too)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2015, 06:30:38 PM »
I didn't think you were attacking I just don't get the relevance

there are millions of people who have children and support a womans right to choose and I'm sure there are millions who don't have kids and also oppose all abortion for any reason

there are probably also people who were once con and now pro and vice versa
just like there are plenty of religious types who are now atheist and likely many atheist who are now religious

You can likely say that about many topics

Fair enough. I myself would not advocate the abortion of one of my children, but I believe everybody has to make the decision that's right for them. I obviously have no issue with it in the circumstance of rape or incest or if the mothers life is LEGITIMATELY in danger. I do have an issue with people using it as a form of birth control or because being pregnant is inconvenient for them. But, like I said, it's ultimately their choice.

Where it gets tricky, are things like these situations where there is somebody making money off of this, and how cavalier the attitudes of these doctors are being towards the lives of these unborn children. I think that they, just like that idiot who shot the lion, should be having their business picketed, and should be feeling the push back from the public for their actions. Do I think they should be put in jail? Only if laws were broken, otherwise, write your congressman and get the laws changed.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2015, 06:32:08 PM »

Fair enough. I myself would not advocate the abortion of one of my children, but I believe everybody has to make the decision that's right for them. I obviously have no issue with it in the circumstance of rape or incest or if the mothers life is LEGITIMATELY in danger. I do have an issue with people using it as a form of birth control or because being pregnant is inconvenient for them. But, like I said, it's ultimately their choice.

Where it gets tricky, are things like these situations where there is somebody making money off of this, and how cavalier the attitudes of these doctors are being towards the lives of these unborn children. I think that they, just like that idiot who shot the lion, should be having their business picketed, and should be feeling the push back from the public for their actions. Do I think they should be put in jail? Only if laws were broken, otherwise, write your congressman and get the laws changed.

For about the 5th time now on this thread....no one is making money from this

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2015, 06:52:05 PM »

I don't think the 'profit' portion has been demonstrated.  I would agree, that should it be shown there is any profit, it needs to be stopped.  They are, after all, a non-profit.

In this sense, they probably are mutually exclusive.  They need these parts, or whole fetuses, to advance.  I would imagine that most in the medical field become desensitized to this type of stuff and try to keep things at a professional or what I would call 'clinical' level.  Lurker could probably elaborate more given his employment. 

"Nonprofit organization" is often a misnomer.  All organizations have to make money, one way or another, to function.  It definitely sounds like PP is trying generate profits (revenue, income, whatever you want to call it) to advance their business, which is in part killing unborn babies.  I agree with bears on this that they cannot identify the "costs" that are being "reimbursed."  If you watch the videos, they are clearly talking about making money, not simply getting reimbursed for unstated costs.   

We don't have to sell either intact or dismembered dead babies to advance science. 

Pro abortion people absolutely dehumanize the baby.  That's partly what makes it so easy for them to embrace and celebrate one of the most gruesome practices in the country.  Whether you agree with legalized abortion or not, it is an awful procedure. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2015, 07:50:29 PM »
"Nonprofit organization" is often a misnomer.  All organizations have to make money, one way or another, to function.  It definitely sounds like PP is trying generate profits (revenue, income, whatever you want to call it) to advance their business, which is in part killing unborn babies.  I agree with bears on this that they cannot identify the "costs" that are being "reimbursed."  If you watch the videos, they are clearly talking about making money, not simply getting reimbursed for unstated costs.   

We don't have to sell either intact or dismembered dead babies to advance science. 

Pro abortion people absolutely dehumanize the baby.  That's partly what makes it so easy for them to embrace and celebrate one of the most gruesome practices in the country.  Whether you agree with legalized abortion or not, it is an awful procedure. 

for fucks sake you're a blatant liar

the full video shows them saying over and over that this not a money making endeavor

At one point in the unedited video (which was also released by the group), Nucatola says: “Affiliates are not looking to make money by doing this. They’re looking to serve their patients and just make it not impact their bottom line.”
Nucatola also says, “No one’s going to see this as a money making thing.” And at another point, she says, “Our goal, like I said, is to give patients the option without impacting our bottom line. The messaging is this should not be seen as a new revenue stream, because that’s not what it is.

here again are the statement of 4 experts in the field of tissue procurement explaining the costs involved.

or you can just look at the statement from the CNN article which dumbs it down for people like you

It turns out that cadavers, livers, kidneys, eyes and other organs don't walk themselves over to the local hospital or medical school for free.

Four experts in the field of human tissue procurement told us the price range discussed in the video — $30 to $100 per patient — represents a reasonable fee. “There’s no way there’s a profit at that price,” said Sherilyn J. Sawyer, the director of Harvard University and Brigham and Women’s Hospital’s “biorepository.”

Nucatola’s comment, though, isn’t evidence that Planned Parenthood or its affiliates are selling “body parts” or fetal tissue for profit. The full video shows that after Nucatola mentions the $30 to $100, she describes how those amounts would be reimbursement for expenses related to handling and transportation of the tissues. Nucatola talks about “space issues” and whether shipping would be involved.

We also asked experts in the use of human tissue for research about the potential for profit. Sherilyn J. Sawyer, the director of Harvard University and Brigham and Women’s Hospital’s “biorepository,” told us that “there’s no way there’s a profit at that price.”She continued in an email:

Sawyer, July 20: In reality, $30-100 probably constitutes a loss for [Planned Parenthood]. The costs associated with collection, processing, storage, and inventory and records management for specimens are very high. Most hospitals will provide tissue blocks from surgical procedures (ones no longer needed for clinical purposes, and without identity) for research, and cost recover for their time and effort in the range of $100-500 per case/block. In the realm of tissues for research $30-100 is completely reasonable and normal fee.

Jim Vaught, president of the International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories and formerly the deputy director of the National Cancer Institute’s Office of Biorepositories and Biospecimen Research, told us in an email that “$30 to $100 per sample is a reasonable charge for clinical operations to recover their costs for providing tissue.” In fact, he said, the costs to a clinic are often much higher, but most operations that provide this kind of tissue have “no intention of fully recovering [their] costs, much less making a profit.”

Carolyn Compton, the chief medical and science officer of Arizona State University’s National Biomarkers Development Alliance and a former director of biorepositories and biospecimen research at the National Cancer Institute, agreed that this was “a modest price tag for cost recovery.” Compton told us in an email: ” ‘Profit’ is out of the question, in my mind. I would say that whoever opined about ‘profit’ knows very little about the effort and expense involved in providing human biospecimens for research purposes.”

Bum - if you're still confused it's just due to willful ignorance

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2015, 07:56:27 PM »
Wrong again

there is no profit

but I know you fundie types want to keep beliving that

that's why you fellow LYING FUNDIES edited the video to exclude the ten or so times that the person from PP said that very thing

No profit yet they talk about buying Lamborghini's? So then you must be talking about what? Embezzlement?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2015, 07:57:35 PM »
To even argue this shows a complete lack of morals and not knowing right from wrong.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2015, 07:59:36 PM »
To even argue this shows a complete lack of morals and not knowing right from wrong.

great point

Planned Parenthood is doing nothing wrong

The entire right wing uproar over those videos is willful ignorance based on a fraud perpetrated by right wing religious liars

Thanks for finally making a valid point on this board

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2015, 08:07:06 PM »
great point

The entire right wing uproar over those videos is willful ignorance

And this is why 98% of the left cannot  possibly know right from wrong. Thanks for that.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2015, 08:36:59 PM »
great point

The entire right wing uproar over those videos is willful ignorance based on a fraud perpetrated by right wing religious liars

No shit.  Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes truth for the stupid sheeple that hear it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2015, 08:51:56 PM »
No shit.  Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes truth for the stupid sheeple that hear it.

Hahaha. You'll agree with anything straw and 240 put out and visa versa. Like a circle jerk. lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2015, 08:57:45 PM »
And this is why 98% of the left cannot  possibly know right from wrong. Thanks for that.

what % of the right can't tell right from wrong?   You know the dem's %.  Do you know the repubs %?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2015, 10:36:45 AM »
For about the 5th time now on this thread....no one is making money from this

Again, we will agree to disagree. While I do not think that Planned Parenthood makes money off of this, as she is right in stating it's probably a loss for them, I do not believe that an "end user" is not making a profit somewhere. It's part of this capitalist society we live in.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2015, 10:52:09 AM »
Again, we will agree to disagree. While I do not think that Planned Parenthood makes money off of this, as she is right in stating it's probably a loss for them, I do not believe that an "end user" is not making a profit somewhere. It's part of this capitalist society we live in.

If it's going to medical research then yeah somewhere way down the road there might be some profit but it could well be going to purely research

either way

so what?

Planned Parenthood is not making any profit and as you said, it's probably a loss for them

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2015, 11:37:11 AM »
So killing humans and harvesting their organs in Africa is bad, but killing humans and selling them intact or in pieces for profit in the U.S. is good.  Twisted.  

Obama: Killing Humans And Harvesting Their Organs Is An Atrocity That Must End
August 5, 2015
By Mollie Hemingway

President Barack Obama told a group of young African leaders on Monday that harvesting organs from humans that are killed as part of an African ritual was “craziness” and a “cruel” tradition that needed to stop. He warned of dehumanizing marginal groups of humans and of the problems that arise when “you are not able to see someone else as a human being.”

In a wide-ranging question and answer session with members of the Young African Leaders Initiative [YALI], a woman from Kenya said “Persons with albinism in Africa are being killed and their body parts harvested for ritual purposes. My request to you is to raise this issue with heads of state of African countries to bring these atrocities to an end.”

Obama decried the practice and went on to encourage the young people to do everything in their power to fight on the behalf of vulnerable humans.

“Young people, you can lead the way and set a good example. But it requires some courage because the old thinking, people will push back at you and if you don’t have convictions and courage to be able stand up for what you think is right, then cruelty will perpetuate itself,” he said. He added, “If there’s one thing I want YALI leaders to come out with, it’s the notion of you are strong by taking care of the people who are vulnerable, by looking after the minority, looking after the disabled, looking after the vulnerable. You’re not strong by putting people down you’re strong by lifting them up. That’s the measure of a leader.”

Obama also tied the practice of harvesting organs from albinos with racism and discrimination against gay people and urged consistency in how they view the sanctity of human life if they want to complain about human rights abuses.

You can watch the question and answer here:

Obama’s comments come in the midst of a weeks-long scandal in his own country over the killing of unborn children via abortion followed by the harvesting and distribution of their organs. The Center for Medical Progress has released five videos of Planned Parenthood officials discussing the killing of human fetuses and the harvesting of their organs — or entire cadavers — to researchers willing to pay a pretty penny for them.

On the topic of human organ harvesting, President Obama’s spokesman Josh Earnest has said that President Obama has chosen not to watch the video footage of Planned Parenthood officials dissecting human fetuses for parts. Nevertheless, President Obama has vehemently defended the abortion group.

In 2012, Planned Parenthood said, while announcing a $1.4 million ad buy on his behalf, that they had “no greater champion” than President Obama.

During his time in the Illinois Senate, Obama’s devotion to abortion was so extreme that he argued a form of infanticide should remain legal out of fear that protecting infants born alive might somehow protect young humans in the womb.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/08/05/obama-killing-humans-and-harvesting-their-organs-is-an-atrocity-that-must-end/

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2015, 03:23:22 PM »
So killing humans and harvesting their organs in Africa is bad, but killing humans and selling them intact or in pieces for profit in the U.S. is good.  Twisted.  

Obama: Killing Humans And Harvesting Their Organs Is An Atrocity That Must End
August 5, 2015
By Mollie Hemingway

President Barack Obama told a group of young African leaders on Monday that harvesting organs from humans that are killed as part of an African ritual was “craziness” and a “cruel” tradition that needed to stop. He warned of dehumanizing marginal groups of humans and of the problems that arise when “you are not able to see someone else as a human being.”

In a wide-ranging question and answer session with members of the Young African Leaders Initiative [YALI], a woman from Kenya said “Persons with albinism in Africa are being killed and their body parts harvested for ritual purposes. My request to you is to raise this issue with heads of state of African countries to bring these atrocities to an end.”

Obama decried the practice and went on to encourage the young people to do everything in their power to fight on the behalf of vulnerable humans.

“Young people, you can lead the way and set a good example. But it requires some courage because the old thinking, people will push back at you and if you don’t have convictions and courage to be able stand up for what you think is right, then cruelty will perpetuate itself,” he said. He added, “If there’s one thing I want YALI leaders to come out with, it’s the notion of you are strong by taking care of the people who are vulnerable, by looking after the minority, looking after the disabled, looking after the vulnerable. You’re not strong by putting people down you’re strong by lifting them up. That’s the measure of a leader.”

Obama also tied the practice of harvesting organs from albinos with racism and discrimination against gay people and urged consistency in how they view the sanctity of human life if they want to complain about human rights abuses.

You can watch the question and answer here:

Obama’s comments come in the midst of a weeks-long scandal in his own country over the killing of unborn children via abortion followed by the harvesting and distribution of their organs. The Center for Medical Progress has released five videos of Planned Parenthood officials discussing the killing of human fetuses and the harvesting of their organs — or entire cadavers — to researchers willing to pay a pretty penny for them.

On the topic of human organ harvesting, President Obama’s spokesman Josh Earnest has said that President Obama has chosen not to watch the video footage of Planned Parenthood officials dissecting human fetuses for parts. Nevertheless, President Obama has vehemently defended the abortion group.

In 2012, Planned Parenthood said, while announcing a $1.4 million ad buy on his behalf, that they had “no greater champion” than President Obama.

During his time in the Illinois Senate, Obama’s devotion to abortion was so extreme that he argued a form of infanticide should remain legal out of fear that protecting infants born alive might somehow protect young humans in the womb.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/08/05/obama-killing-humans-and-harvesting-their-organs-is-an-atrocity-that-must-end/

You must be trolling, you are a mod dude. You can't be this stupid can you? I mean, this whistleblower is wrong, flat out wrong as evidenced above. You then come back with shit like this?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2015, 07:07:49 PM »
If it's going to medical research then yeah somewhere way down the road there might be some profit but it could well be going to purely research

either way

so what?

Planned Parenthood is not making any profit and as you said, it's probably a loss for them

Eh, like I said , the way those doctors were being so cavalier about the fate of these fetuses and making jokes I think was not only in poor taste, but a bit morally reprehensible. I didn't see the need to start a thread about it, but reading this thread elicited some thoughts so I decided to jump in. Again, like I said, to each their own. I am not going to cram my views down another's throat, but I will make opinion noted. Just as I think that idiot dentist is getting what he deserves with the picketing etc., that these people too are getting a bit of what they deserve. Hopefully no one takes it further than just some picketing and a bit of "civil disobedience ".  I would hate to see some whacko go shooting up this ladies house.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2015, 07:23:29 PM »
Hahaha. You'll agree with anything straw and 240 put out and visa versa. Like a circle jerk. lol

Have you checked to see how much it would cost for you to get a few more brain cells from the Planned Parenthood price list?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2015, 09:04:55 PM »
Eh, like I said , the way those doctors were being so cavalier about the fate of these fetuses and making jokes I think was not only in poor taste, but a bit morally reprehensible. I didn't see the need to start a thread about it, but reading this thread elicited some thoughts so I decided to jump in. Again, like I said, to each their own. I am not going to cram my views down another's throat, but I will make opinion noted. Just as I think that idiot dentist is getting what he deserves with the picketing etc., that these people too are getting a bit of what they deserve. Hopefully no one takes it further than just some picketing and a bit of "civil disobedience ".  I would hate to see some whacko go shooting up this ladies house.

you certainly free to express your views but it seems we both agree that Planned Parenthood is profiting from this.

How do you feel about this group putting out these highly edited videos to try to create a false image of that?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2015, 03:31:33 AM »
you certainly free to express your views but it seems we both agree that Planned Parenthood is profiting from this.

How do you feel about this group putting out these highly edited videos to try to create a false image of that?

I realize that it's hard to ever get an unbiased view or opinion on something. That in most cases (this one included) someone always has an agenda. I try to read between the lines with most news, and form my own opinions. I'm under no delusions that the makers of this video want to portray something in a certain light, and by doing so may have not adhered 100% to some sort of journalistic code. It doesn't change what this doctor said though, as she did say these things, but I am well aware these videos are highly edited. None of us are perfect, and I'm sure that on any given day any of us could be caught in a situation that doesn't paint ourselves in the best light.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2015, 03:52:14 AM »

To be honest, they almost have to be cold and distant, humour probably helps. Surgeons are the same way.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2015, 05:56:40 AM »
She nailed it.

Senator Elizabeth Warren, on the Senate floor yesterday -

"I come to the Senate floor today to ask my Republican colleagues a question: Do you have any idea what year it is? Did you fall down, hit your head, and think you woke up in the 1950s? Or the 1890s? Should we call for a doctor?