Author Topic: Could Whistleblower Claims Strip Planned Parenthood of Government Funding?  (Read 63723 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Could Whistleblower Claims Strip Planned Parenthood of Government Funding?
« Reply #175 on: August 06, 2015, 06:20:19 AM »
She nailed it.

Senator Elizabeth Warren, on the Senate floor yesterday -

"I come to the Senate floor today to ask my Republican colleagues a question: Do you have any idea what year it is? Did you fall down, hit your head, and think you woke up in the 1950s? Or the 1890s? Should we call for a doctor?

I dislike her.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: August 06, 2015, 08:21:36 AM »
I dislike her.

she is 100% correct, they are retarded for attempting this shit. It prevents so many abortions it's laughable, it would be a fucking unmitigated disaster.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2015, 08:51:28 AM »
I dislike her.

So do time warp Republicans.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2015, 09:11:13 AM »
Its awful...and sad but I really don't care all that much. The dems love this shit because no matter what its the law, they don't really care and it keeps important shit like iran/isis/libya/keystone/bullshitclimateclaims/immigration/Hilary/scandals/ etc etc etc...out of the spotlight. They can't loose. The repubs or the ones that beat this horse are retards. They are making a a case, and perhaps a correct one against abortion. The Dems are portraying it as a war on women, a war on contraception...a war on women's health. Yeah cause no repub uses birth control, or is married to a woman. But the dems win on it. Say its awful....get on with it.
L

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2015, 10:15:16 AM »
Its awful...and sad but I really don't care all that much. The dems love this shit because no matter what its the law, they don't really care and it keeps important shit like iran/isis/libya/keystone/bullshitclimateclaims/immigration/Hilary/scandals/ etc etc etc...out of the spotlight. They can't loose. The repubs or the ones that beat this horse are retards. They are making a a case, and perhaps a correct one against abortion. The Dems are portraying it as a war on women, a war on contraception...a war on women's health. Yeah cause no repub uses birth control, or is married to a woman. But the dems win on it. Say its awful....get on with it.

listen, if you defund something that has proven to reduce teen pregnancy, provides protection and contraception, education etc. most of these morons should be sterile, it will cost way more money to take care of this kid (burden to society), it will be crippling if removed.

The last thing we need is more welfare cases.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #180 on: August 06, 2015, 10:55:14 AM »
You must be trolling, you are a mod dude. You can't be this stupid can you? I mean, this whistleblower is wrong, flat out wrong as evidenced above. You then come back with shit like this?

An admitted troll is asking me if I'm trolling?  Funny.   :)

You are telling me I'm a mod, as if (a) I don't know that and (b) that actually has some relevance to this thread.  

Asking me if I'm stupid then completely misunderstanding what a whistleblower is?  Again, funny.  All they are doing is playing video of people in their own words.  There is nothing "flat out wrong" about the words coming out of those people's mouths, unless you have watched the clips and concluded they are actually lying.  

I'll go out on a limb and say you probably haven't watched the clips.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2015, 10:56:47 AM »
listen, if you defund something that has proven to reduce teen pregnancy, provides protection and contraception, education etc. most of these morons should be sterile, it will cost way more money to take care of this kid (burden to society), it will be crippling if removed.

The last thing we need is more welfare cases.

Abortion as a form of social engineering.  Margaret Sanger approved. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: August 06, 2015, 10:58:18 AM »
Powerful commentary.

Planned Parenthood videos and the killing of innocents
By Judge Andrew P. Napolitano 
Published August 06, 2015 
FoxNews.com

FILE -- July 28, 2015: Andrew Ward, left, and Bill Pauls discuss their positions on abortion during a rally across the street from the Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri in Columbia, Mo. (Don Shrubshell/Columbia Daily Tribune via AP)

The recent broadcast of videotapes taken of persons employed at Planned Parenthood -- the prolific and notorious abortion provider -- has brought the issue of abortion to the national consciousness again and front and center to the Republican presidential primary campaign. The tapes were made secretly by a pro-life group determined to show to the world the dark side of Planned Parenthood’s use of federal funds.

What the world saw was terrifying and damning. The tapes are difficult to watch, just as any discussion of human slaughter is difficult to watch. If you have seen these tapes, you witnessed physicians and others talking about the profits Planned Parenthood is making in the sale of baby body parts, even though such sales are criminal under federal law.

The cavalier demeanor of those who profit from this slaughter is chilling, and the moral punch in the nose to the Democratic Party is excruciating. That’s because Planned Parenthood is virtually a branch of the Democratic Party. It has a lock on the federal treasury to the tune of $500 million per year. It pays for or performs more than 325,000 abortions a year, which is about one-third of all abortions in America. It contributes heavily to the campaigns of Democratic office seekers. You can see the cycle.

Even though federal law has prohibited the use of federal funds for abortions for nearly 18 years, money is fungible. The Planned Parenthood folks may be baby killers, but they are not dumb. They know how to dedicate federal funds for maternal health and free up maternal health funds for the slaughter of babies -- and make it all look legal.

Seeing is believing. The tapes are the abortionists’ nightmare, because in their wanton slaughter they have let slip the utter humanity of their victims.

The reason these tapes are so upsetting to the Democrats, and to some Republicans as well, is that they have convinced themselves that the fetus in the womb is not a person. Yet, watching their abortionists graphically discuss the monetary value of body parts and the physical manipulation of fully formed babies so as to maximize the harvesting of their organs ironically humanizes the body parts and the babies from which the parts came, and is thus so upsetting to those who deny fetal personhood.

But this is more than upsetting -- it seriously challenges the underlying commitment of today’s Democratic Party that the fetus is not a person. This is, of course, the central holding of the Supreme Court’s 1973 decision in Roe v. Wade. Just as in Dred Scott v. Sandford, wherein the court held in 1857 that African-Americans were not persons, so did Roe v. Wade make that holding for fetuses.

And the stated reason for the holding was the absence of consensus in 1973 among philosophers, physicians, theologians and scientists about when life begins. Yet, the duty of the court is to say what the Constitution means, not to count noses. Roe is the only Supreme Court decision in history grounded on the absence of discernible consensus among the populace.

Is the fetus in the womb a person? Before answering this, consider the depravity to which we have sunk due to its legal non-personhood. The slaughter of babies, some where it is legal in their ninth month of gestation, the sale of their body parts, and the taxpayer financing of this have become so morose that even their staunchest supporters cannot confront these realities publicly for fear of losing political support.

Is the fetus in the womb a person? Before answering this, consider the danger of a Supreme Court possessing the power to declare any human offspring to be a non-person. Two months ago, we witnessed the spectacle of the court finding four plain English words -- “established by the States” -- to be ambiguous and, 21 pages later, telling us that legally those words do not mean what they say. If the court can change the meaning of ordinary words, can it change the meaning of life?

It has.

Is the fetus in the womb a person? Of course it is. It has two fully human parents and the fully actualizable human genome to achieve post-natal existence. The single-cell zygote in the mother’s womb came from her flesh and cannot be anything but a human person. For 600 years, the law has permitted the fetus in the womb to inherit property. How could that be if the fetus were not a human person? If you kill a pregnant woman and the fetus dies, you can be charged with the murder of two persons. If the reason for government in the first place is to protect rights, the government’s prime obligation is to protect the rights of persons to live.

The Democrats are not alone at fault here. In the first six years of the presidency of George W. Bush, when the Republicans controlled the White House and the Congress, numerous efforts were made to introduce a simple one-line statute: “The fetus in the womb shall be, for all constitutional and legal purposes, a person.” Republican congressional leaders kept all such proposals from being voted upon.

But seeing is believing. The tapes are the abortionists’ nightmare, because in their wanton slaughter they have let slip the utter humanity of their victims. And the souls of the Holy Innocents who have been slaughtered before drawing their first breaths are no doubt praying for the conversion of the hearts and the salvation of the souls of those who killed them.

Andrew P. Napolitano, a former judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, is the senior judicial analyst at Fox News Channel.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/08/06/slaughter-babies.html?intcmp=hplnws

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2015, 11:58:07 AM »
An admitted troll is asking me if I'm trolling?  Funny.   :)

You are telling me I'm a mod, as if (a) I don't know that and (b) that actually some relevance to this thread. 

Asking me if I'm stupid then completely misunderstanding what a whistleblower is?  Again, funny.  All they are doing is playing video of people in their own words.  There is nothing "flat out wrong" about the words coming out of those people's mouths, unless you have watched the clips and concluded they are actually lying. 

I'll go out on a limb and say you probably haven't watched the clips. 

where did I mis-understand what a whistleblower is? this is a doctored video, nothing to see here, move along.

If you read my post, it is in relation to defunding planned parenthood, what do you think I am referring to? they are wrong, it's been proven, the numbers don't lie. WE NEED MORE TEEN PREGNANCIES AND WELFARE BABIES

you clearly don't understand what a whistleblower is as this is bullshit, made up non-sense.

what did they blow the whistle on? the fact that they are not making profit as implied?

I have yet to see one fucking fact and you guys just keep repeating the same lie, despite being shown it;s wrong. Keep going, we should check out benghazi since no one looked into also.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: August 06, 2015, 12:35:59 PM »
where did I mis-understand what a whistleblower is? this is a doctored video, nothing to see here, move along.

If you read my post, it is in relation to defunding planned parenthood, what do you think I am referring to? they are wrong, it's been proven, the numbers don't lie. WE NEED MORE TEEN PREGNANCIES AND WELFARE BABIES

you clearly don't understand what a whistleblower is as this is bullshit, made up non-sense.

what did they blow the whistle on? the fact that they are not making profit as implied?

I have yet to see one fucking fact and you guys just keep repeating the same lie, despite being shown it;s wrong. Keep going, we should check out benghazi since no one looked into also.

You responded to my post about these latest rounds of videos and the president's inconsistency when it comes to harvesting body parts.  Those videos aren't technically dealing with whistleblowers.  They are people showing video clips. They are not PP employees exposing misconduct, which is more like a traditional whistleblower. 

I understand you think we need more abortions to prevent "welfare babies."  That isn't factual.  It's also a pretty despicable form of social engineering. 

You haven't watched the clips about the sale of dead babies and dead baby body parts for profit, so you don't even know what the "facts" are in this scenario.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2015, 12:38:06 PM »

Obviously, some party thinks we do.
Guess the color of the poorest states.
Guess the color of the states with the highest rate of unwed/teen pregnancies.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2015, 04:38:52 PM »
I realize that it's hard to ever get an unbiased view or opinion on something. That in most cases (this one included) someone always has an agenda. I try to read between the lines with most news, and form my own opinions. I'm under no delusions that the makers of this video want to portray something in a certain light, and by doing so may have not adhered 100% to some sort of journalistic code. It doesn't change what this doctor said though, as she did say these things, but I am well aware these videos are highly edited. None of us are perfect, and I'm sure that on any given day any of us could be caught in a situation that doesn't paint ourselves in the best light.

the are edited with the sole purpose of misleading you

I doubt anyone (other than people who work in the medical field) like the casual way that these people talk about the subject but the fact remains that this woman in the first video said over and over again that this is not a money making thing, they don't make a profit etc.. and all of that was left out.

You were smart enough to realize this but others on here have been are still are completely duped (this is of course willful ignorance on their part)

When I know someone is intentionally misleading me then their entire credibility goes out the window and nothing they say matters to me

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2015, 04:42:24 PM »
To be honest, they almost have to be cold and distant, humour probably helps. Surgeons are the same way.

check this on out

the dude leaves his cell phone on during an coloscopy and records the doctors talking all kinds of shit about him

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/anesthesiologist-trashes-sedated-patient-jury-orders-her-to-pay-500000/2015/06/23/cae05c00-18f3-11e5-ab92-c75ae6ab94b5_story.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2015, 02:09:02 PM »
Alabama Becomes Third State to Defund Planned Parenthood

Image: Alabama Becomes Third State to Defund Planned Parenthood (Getty Images)
By Cathy Burke   |   Thursday, 06 Aug 2015

Alabama's Republican Gov. Robert Bentley is choking off funds for Planned Parenthood under Medicaid, the third state to move against the organization amid a controversy over the group's sale of fetal tissue.

The decision, announced Thursday, follows a similar move in Louisiana to cancel the Medicaid contract there.

Separately, New Hampshire's executive council rejected a family planning contract for Planned Parenthood, The Hill reports.

A Senate vote to defund the group federally failed Monday.

"The deplorable practices at Planned Parenthood have been exposed to Americans, and I have terminated any association with the organization in Alabama," Bentley said in a statement.

"As a doctor and Alabama's Governor, the issue of human life, from conception to birth and beyond, is extremely important to me. I respect human life, and I do not want Alabama to be associated with an organization that does not."

The furor over federal funding to Planned Parenthood comes after disturbing undercover videos – taken by an anti-abortion group – have shown Planned Parenthood officials discussing the price of fetal tissue for medical research.

Planned Parenthood denies wrongdoing, and says compensation was legal and covered expenses only.

Bentley wrote a letter to Planned Parenthood saying the state is exercising its ability to terminate the Medicaid contract within 15 days' written notice. It gives the group 60 days to ask for a fair hearing if it disputes the move.

Nationwide, Planned Parenthood receives about 75 percent of its roughly $500 million in annual government funding from Medicaid, The Hill reports.

Planned Parenthood Southeast CEO Staci Fox issued a statement in response to the governor's announcement.

"We are disappointed that Governor Bentley has been distracted by a deceptive attack against our organization instead of staying focused on what really matters to women in Alabama," Planned Parenthood Southeast CEO Staci Fox said in a statement, AL.com reports.

"What Alabamians need is more access to health care, not less."

Fox added that federal courts have ruled federal law prohibits state from excluding abortion providers from Medicaid, AL.com reports.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/alabama-defund-planned-parenthood/2015/08/06/id/665854/#ixzz3iAKsKx8B

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2015, 02:18:58 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great - I assume fundies will be stepping up to adopt all those unwanted babies

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2015, 05:57:25 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't know what the answer is. It's pretty sad. After having children, my views have changed. I never had a girl get an abortion or anything, because I took precautions, but I think that it's a terrible thing if it is just being used for convenience. Again, as I stated earlier in this thread, each person has to mKe their own decision and deal with the consequences on their own.

Straw, what are your personal views on abortion, if you don't mid me asking?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2015, 08:06:45 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HAHAHAHA.   They don't even want them to have healthcare. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2015, 08:14:09 PM »
I don't know what the answer is. It's pretty sad. After having children, my views have changed. I never had a girl get an abortion or anything, because I took precautions, but I think that it's a terrible thing if it is just being used for convenience. Again, as I stated earlier in this thread, each person has to mKe their own decision and deal with the consequences on their own.

Straw, what are your personal views on abortion, if you don't mid me asking?

Very simple, I think a woman has a right to do whatever she wants with her own body period

totally her choice and no one else

i.e. I support the law exactly as it is

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2015, 06:01:55 AM »
Very simple, I think a woman has a right to do whatever she wants with her own body period

totally her choice and no one else

i.e. I support the law exactly as it is

Do you ever think our society, with as litigious as it is, will ever see a father sue a mother who chooses to abort his child, or where a father who wants the abortion and the woman does not, not be liable for child support?  While intend to agree that it is the woman's choice with what she ultimately decides, I find it a bit wrong that the father has no legal say. I doubt the two issues I have proposed ever arise, but I don't find it out of the realm of possibility.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2015, 08:22:34 AM »
Do you ever think our society, with as litigious as it is, will ever see a father sue a mother who chooses to abort his child, or where a father who wants the abortion and the woman does not, not be liable for child support?  While intend to agree that it is the woman's choice with what she ultimately decides, I find it a bit wrong that the father has no legal say. I doubt the two issues I have proposed ever arise, but I don't find it out of the realm of possibility.

I've had this discussion on this board many times before

The rules are really simple.  If you're a guy and you don't want to have to pay child support then don't leave your seed in her womb.  Once you break that rule you're subject to child support or having the women get an abortion if she chooses to do so (even if you don't want her to)

It's really simple

It's her body and you have no say over it

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2015, 07:20:03 AM »
I've had this discussion on this board many times before

The rules are really simple.  If you're a guy and you don't want to have to pay child support then don't leave your seed in her womb.  Once you break that rule you're subject to child support or having the women get an abortion if she chooses to do so (even if you don't want her to)

It's really simple

It's her body and you have no say over it

its about personal responsibility on the man's part.

if you can't take the consequences of having sex.  don't have sex.

if you don't want to have a baby, wear a fucking condom.  if you choose not to, then you have a life to take care of because, as a man, if you create a life, you are morally obligated to protect that life.

women have recourse for a irresponsible sexual decision, men do not. 

GET FUCKING USED TO IT.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2015, 09:13:19 AM »
its about personal responsibility on the man's part.

if you can't take the consequences of having sex.  don't have sex.

if you don't want to have a baby, wear a fucking condom.  if you choose not to, then you have a life to take care of because, as a man, if you create a life, you are morally obligated to protect that life.

women have recourse for a irresponsible sexual decision, men do not. 

GET FUCKING USED TO IT.

Agreed. No need to yell.  ;D

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2015, 10:00:53 AM »
Agreed. No need to yell.  ;D

for women life starts when the baby leaves the hospital.

for men, life begins at conception.

these are our new rules.  enjoy.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2015, 12:22:56 PM »
for women life starts when the baby leaves the hospital.

for men, life begins at conception.

these are our new rules.  enjoy.

Life just isn't always fair.  :-\

I just do the best I can and make the right choices for me and my family.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2015, 12:31:03 PM »
Whole lotta red states in this list showing just how anti abortion Republicans really are.

25 States with Most Abortions

Is abortion a crime against the unborn or an important medical procedure that helps women control their own bodies and destines?

Americans are unlikely to agree anytime soon. But whether or not you think it's a good thing, a new study from the Guttmacher Institute suggests abortions are a common thing.

Half of all pregnancies are unintended, according to the report which studies numbers from 2008. And of those, four out of ten end in abortion.

Good, bad, or otherwise? You decide. Here are the 25 states with the highest rates of abortion, ranked by percentage, not total abortions.

25: Tennessee

2008 Abortion Rate

15.5 abortions per 1,000 women (15-44)

19,550 total abortions

24: Colorado

2008 Abortion Rate

15.7 abortions per 1,000 women (15-44)

15,960 total abortions

23: Louisiana

2008 Abortion Rate

16.1 abortions per 1,000 women (15-44)

14,860 total abortions Louisiana