Author Topic: Could Whistleblower Claims Strip Planned Parenthood of Government Funding?  (Read 63592 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Could Whistleblower Claims Strip Planned Parenthood of Government Funding?
« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2015, 03:28:58 PM »
maybe ben carson will be willing to cut planned parenthood a little slack now.

His team did a little shopping with them, didn't they? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2015, 03:40:32 PM »
maybe ben carson will be willing to cut planned parenthood a little slack now.

His team did a little shopping with them, didn't they? 

I doubt they procured the fetal tissue themselves (and this will be his excuse) but he absolutely did research with aborted fetal tissue

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2015, 03:42:50 PM »
I'm not a drug addict (much less life long) and I've never been divorced

If you think I'm lecturing you or anyone on morals you're truly retarted

I've said I support a womans right to choose....period

you really perceive that to be a lecture.

would you like me to repost your lectures from this thread ?

we all lecture on morals.  its a fucking politics thread.  whether you want to believe it or not you lecture on morals.

I comment when I see someone making fun of a conservative view on when life starts as stupid and devoid of science and then they give their definition and its just as silly and arbitrary as the one they make fun of.

the bottom line is I believe abortion is killing a baby.  and so do you.  you just don't like to say it.  you would abort a baby 5 months into gestation when you know that there are doctors operating on babies 5 months into gestation in order to save their lives.  so you know its a baby.  you simply choose to ignore that it is.

any ob gyn knows that there is absolutely ZERO physiological difference from a baby 6 months into gestation and a baby that's 2 hours old.  but people like you think it's OK to kill the former but an absolutely atrocious act punishable by death to do the same to the latter.  i'm sorry.  I find that fucking hilarious.  it makes no sense to me....and it shouldn't.  the argument just doesn't hold water.

which is why I get so fired up on these threads.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2015, 03:45:46 PM »
we all lecture on morals.  its a fucking politics thread.  whether you want to believe it or not you lecture on morals.

I comment when I see someone making fun of a conservative view on when life starts as stupid and devoid of science and then they give their definition and its just as silly and arbitrary as the one they make fun of.

the bottom line is I believe abortion is killing a baby.  and so do you.  you just don't like to say it.  you would abort a baby 5 months into gestation when you know that there are doctors operating on babies 5 months into gestation in order to save their lives.  so you know its a baby.  you simply choose to ignore that it is.

any ob gyn knows that there is absolutely ZERO physiological difference from a baby 6 months into gestation and a baby that's 2 hours old.  but people like you think it's OK to kill the former but an absolutely atrocious act punishable by death to do the same to the latter.  i'm sorry.  I find that fucking hilarious.  it makes no sense to me....and it shouldn't.  the argument just doesn't hold water.

which is why I get so fired up on these threads.

I don't believe that at all

WTF is it with you trying to put words in my mouth?

My statements could be more clear on this topic

Women have the right to choose what do with their body and that included whether to get an abortion or to make you both parents

her body, her pregnancy and her choice

I guess I'll be like you and just say you believe that too but you just don't like to say it

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #254 on: August 13, 2015, 04:39:58 PM »
I agree that your definition of a real man is in stark contrast to mine.

your version wants to make the federal government buy rubbers for you because apparently its too hard or you can't make enough money.

my version takes control of their sexual activity and doesn't impregnate a woman unless they want a baby.  

and statistically most abortions are because of boys like you.  so of course you're pro choice.  you have to be.

Sorry that our laws will not allow you to regulate and determine what another person does with their bodies.

Must really piss you off.

Interestingly, the stats show that red states have the highest rate of abortions. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2015, 04:44:45 PM »
I agree that your definition of a real man is in stark contrast to mine.

your version wants to make the federal government buy rubbers for you because apparently its too hard or you can't make enough money.

my version takes control of their sexual activity and doesn't impregnate a woman unless they want a baby.  

and statistically most abortions are because of boys like you.  so of course you're pro choice.  you have to be.

Seeing how males are unable to physically get an abortion or legally force a female to have one, I would have your little statement here is quite incorrect.

I do see how you would just looovvveeee to be able to regulate the body of another person.  Too bad it just ain't happening for you.  Their body = their choice.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2015, 05:05:47 PM »
Seeing how males are unable to physically get an abortion or legally force a female to have one, I would have your little statement here is quite incorrect.

I do see how you would just looovvveeee to be able to regulate the body of another person.  Too bad it just ain't happening for you.  Their body = their choice.

you gotta love how bears just pulls shit out of his ass

if he had some stastistics on men forcing women to have an abortion (which is what I assume he means because the only other option is that he has no clue how reproduction works) then why not provide it

It's the WOMAN having the abortion and the men get no say anyway but apparently bears believes he has seen data showing that "statistically  most abortions are because of boys"

fucking bizzarro

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »
Wouldn't it jus make it a lot easier to put abortion to a woman only vote referendum? I'd be okay with that. It seems it would solve much of this banter back and forth between dudes on women's issues.

That said, I do not believe and it's why I asked, that any of the folks defending abortion in this thread have children. I know one doesn't.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #258 on: August 13, 2015, 06:18:59 PM »
Wouldn't it jus make it a lot easier to put abortion to a woman only vote referendum? I'd be okay with that. It seems it would solve much of this banter back and forth between dudes on women's issues.

That said, I do not believe and it's why I asked, that any of the folks defending abortion in this thread have children. I know one doesn't.

How about we put your right to own a house or drive a car to a vote referendum?
Let's just get rid of the Supreme Court and we all just vote on what rights people should have.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2015, 06:37:29 PM »
How about we put your right to own a house or drive a car to a vote referendum?
Let's just get rid of the Supreme Court and we all just vote on what rights people should have.

Democracy in its purest form. Seriously though, why would you have an issue with a democratic vote by women, on an issue that is affecting their bodies? I think for the most part people should be able to decide for themselves what they want to do to themselves, but it seems that there are too many opinions so a vote would make it clear cut. Then, do a referendum every ten years or so to keep up with the times.

I fail to see how homeownership falls into that, but if you were to say something equally as polarizing as death penalty, I'd be okay with that.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #260 on: August 13, 2015, 07:33:51 PM »
Democracy in its purest form. Seriously though, why would you have an issue with a democratic vote by women, on an issue that is affecting their bodies? I think for the most part people should be able to decide for themselves what they want to do to themselves, but it seems that there are too many opinions so a vote would make it clear cut. Then, do a referendum every ten years or so to keep up with the times.

I fail to see how homeownership falls into that, but if you were to say something equally as polarizing as death penalty, I'd be okay with that.

lets all vote and decide if red heads or left handed people should be allowed to vote
of course all the red heads and left handed people will vote yes but if the majority still say no then tough shit for them

do we vote on rights in this country ?

are majorities allowed to take away the rights of minorities?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: August 14, 2015, 05:31:30 AM »
lets all vote and decide if red heads or left handed people should be allowed to vote
of course all the red heads and left handed people will vote yes but if the majority still say no then tough shit for them

do we vote on rights in this country ?

are majorities allowed to take away the rights of minorities?

If it was an issue that only red heads or lefty's were affected by it and it was their issue, I don't think I would have a problem with it.

Majorities do take away the rights of a minority of people, just look at prohibition.  Some folks wanted to drink alcohol, but a majority didn't.  Now, if you are referring to "minorities" as in not white, then no I do not think that is okay to suppress someone's rights because of skin color.  We have checks and balances to make sure that does not happen.  In this instance, I fail to see the correlation between women getting a vote in what they do with their bodies (as it stands, that is kind of the way it is now with abortion laws, their body their choice) this way it would take the male voice out of the equation and shut the argument, at least with men getting involved, shut that argument down.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #262 on: August 14, 2015, 08:32:42 AM »
If it was an issue that only red heads or lefty's were affected by it and it was their issue, I don't think I would have a problem with it.

Majorities do take away the rights of a minority of people, just look at prohibition.  Some folks wanted to drink alcohol, but a majority didn't.  Now, if you are referring to "minorities" as in not white, then no I do not think that is okay to suppress someone's rights because of skin color.  We have checks and balances to make sure that does not happen.  In this instance, I fail to see the correlation between women getting a vote in what they do with their bodies (as it stands, that is kind of the way it is now with abortion laws, their body their choice) this way it would take the male voice out of the equation and shut the argument, at least with men getting involved, shut that argument down.

Uh, prohibition was a total failure which might serve as example of what happens when you take away a existing right and it wasn't implemented by a popular vote

If you want to get rid of abortion or gay marriage or red headed voters then you'd have to do it the same way as they did with prohibtion, with an amendment to the constitution.

We don't put the rights of a minority up to the vote of a majority in this country

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2015, 10:14:15 AM »
Pro-Choice USA Today Columnist Admits Planned Parenthood Videos ‘Raise Doubts’
By Erin Aitcheson
September 1, 2015

Here, finally, is in indication of the kind of impact the Center for Medical Progress’s Planned Parenthood videos might be having if ABC, CBS, NBC et al would stop censoring them to protect the nation’s largest abortion mill.

In the Opinion section of USA Today, Ruben Navarrette Jr., a prominent columnist, member of the Board of Contributors, and self-proclaimed pro-choicer, lamented that his pro-choice stance has taken a pounding in light of the Planned Parenthood videos.

“After forcing myself to watch what are now eight ghoulish videos exposing what goes on behind closed doors at Planned Parenthood, I’m still pro-choice,” he wrote. “I’m also anguished, despite the latest news conference raising questions about the videos.”

Navarrette has been an avid pro-choice supporter for over three decades and took up residence in the pro-choice camp during his college years adopting the usual talking points:

I became pro-choice for three reasons. First, I bought the line that the procedures should be legal, safe and rare. Second, I was repulsed by the tactics of the pro-life movement, which included threatening doctors and bombing clinics. Third, I adopted the feminist gospel that, as a man, I couldn’t tell a woman what to do with her body.

Navarrette has allegedly refrained from writing about abortion during his career until now. After watching the undercover Planned Parenthood videos for himself, he has begun questioning his support for abortion. Navarrette claimed his eyes had been opened to the horrific and egregious practices of Planned Parenthood and wrote, “[t]hese videos are just evil enough to raise doubts and change minds.” Which, again, is the abortion industry owes so much to its media protectors.

The “evils” of the videos has Navarrette coming off not only as doubting, but as being pained and conflicted by his decision to continue on as a pro-choice supporter. After watching one of the videos that included testimony from Holly O’Donnell, a former procurement technician for StemExpress, explaining her experience with gestated fetus recognizable as a baby being killed and slaughtered for its organs, Navarrette admitted, “t had a heartbeat. It was alive. Then it wasn’t.”

The Planned Parenthood videos also left Navarrette in a state of shock over the demeanor of the employees and the nature of the dialogue. “The material is heavily disturbing. Doctors and other personnel callously discuss the street value of fetal organs and negotiate prices like car salesmen.”

Navarrette still claims to be pro-choice, but with a “heavy heart.” He concluded, “I find myself envying those who are free of doubt and whose minds are made up.”

With the promise of more disturbing videos to be released, a complete change of heart may also be in Navarrette’s future.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/2015/09/01/pro-choice-usa-today-columnist-admits-planned-parenthood-videos-raise-doubts#sthash.jxjjYUYP.dpuf

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2015, 04:57:03 PM »
New PP Undercover Video Provides Chilling Detail on Intact Fetuses

Image: New PP Undercover Video Provides Chilling Detail on Intact Fetuses Planned Parenthood building (Andrew Burton/Getty Images)
By Todd Beamon   
Tuesday, 01 Sep 2015

A new undercover video from the Center for Medical Progress shows a manager for a longtime harvester and seller of Planned Parenthood fetal body parts describing with chilling ease at how intact fetuses can sometimes be easily obtained.

"I literally have had women come in and they'll go in the [operating room] and they're back out in three minutes — and I'm going, 'What's going on?'" Perrin Larton, procurement manager for Advanced Bioscience Resources Inc. (ABR), says in the video.

She was talking with CMP actors posing as executives of a new human biologics company.

"Oh yeah, the fetus was already in the vaginal canal whenever we put her in the stirrups," Larton says. "It just fell out."

ABR, founded in 1989 by CEO Linda Tracy, charges $340 per second-trimester fetal tissue specimen, regardless of its quality, Larton says in the video.

"Whenever we have a smooth portion of liver, we think that's good!" she says.

The company, based in Rockville, Maryland, has been a contractor for Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest for years, says Dr. Katharine Sheehan, the San Diego clinic's medical director until 2013.

"We have already a relationship with ABR," Sheehan says in the footage. "We've been using them for over 10 years, really a long time, just kind of renegotiated the contract.

"They're doing the big collections for government-level collections and things like that," Sheehan says.

When a CMP actor tries to negotiate fees with Sheehan, she says: "We return a portion of our fees to the clinics. Right, get a toe in and make it, make a pro — all right."

The video also features Cate Dyer, the CEO of StemExpress, a rival biotech company who also discloses some of ABR's financials.

Dyer's sister, Charlotte Ivancic, recently stepped down as health policy adviser for House Speaker John Boehner. She had been shown in an earlier CMP video discussing and laughing about shipping "intact" aborted fetal parts.

"In the twisted world of baby-parts trafficking from Planned Parenthood abortion clinics, there are few unbroken rules," said David Daleiden, the center's founder. "It is imperative for lawmakers and law enforcement to act decisively to determine the full extent of Planned Parenthood and their proxies' lawbreaking, hold them accountable, and stop the taxpayer funding of these barbaric atrocities against humanity."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/planned-parenthood-undercover-video-intact/2015/09/01/id/673081/#ixzz3kXC8k2vd

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2015, 07:02:52 AM »
Ya, i won't be watching anymore doctored videos from morons on the right.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2015, 12:23:33 PM »

:'(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2015, 12:25:11 PM »
8 Shocking Facts Uncovered by the Planned Parenthood Videos

Image: 8 Shocking Facts Uncovered by the Planned Parenthood Videos (Planned Parenthood)
By Mike Garcia  
Wednesday, 02 Sep 2015

Pro-life activists from The Center for Medical Progress posed as fetal tissue buyers in meetings with Planned Parenthood employees, and began posting their shocking findings in a series of videos in July.

Planned Parenthood took the videos very seriously, and hired crisis communications firm SKDKnickerbocker at the end of July to snuff out media coverage of the videos.

Many conservative members of the U.S. legislature have called for the investigation and defunding of Planned Parenthood, however Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell said it wouldn't happen as long as President Barack Obama is in office.

Gathered below are eight things we've learned from the videos.

1. Planned Parenthood is selling aborted fetal organs — The early Planned Parenthood videos showed more than one abortion doctor haggling over prices for fetal organs. It is illegal to sell fetal tissue for a profit, and the videos raised many questions about whether the organization was violating the law. Planned Parenthood defended itself by saying it was merely trying to recoup the shipping and handling fees associated with tissue donation.

2. Abortion doctors made jokes about the fetuses they killed — Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked in one video that she wanted a "Lamborghini" in exchange for fetal organs when negotiating prices.

3. Abortions are sometimes performed on babies as they're being born — In the ninth video, Perrin Larton, second-trimester fetal tissue procurement manager for Advanced Bioscience Resources Inc., a Planned Parenthood contractor, explained what she's encountered herself.

"I literally have had women come in and they’ll go in the O.R. and they’re back out in three minutes, and I’m going, 'What’s going on?' Oh yeah, the fetus was already in the vaginal canal whenever we put her in the stirrups, it just fell out."

4. Abortion providers sometimes use the cardiotoxic drug digoxin to kill babies in the womb — "Providers who use digoxin use it for one of two reasons," Planned Parenthood doctor Deborah Nucatola says in the video released July 14. "There’s a group of people who just use it so they have no risk of violating the Federal Abortion Ban. Because if you induce a demise before the procedure, nobody’s going to say you did a 'live' — whatever the federal government calls it. Partial-birth abortion."

After inducing a heart attack that kills the baby, Nocatola explained that many abortionists "actually think it makes the tissue softer and it makes it safer and easier to do the procedure."

5. Digoxin renders fetal tissue unusable for donation, so crushing the fetus is preferable — Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter explained in the second video that many drugs used to kill babies in the womb taint the tissue, making the fetal stem cells unusable for scientists.

This makes clear why Dr. Nucatola's explained in the first video that she usually crushes the baby's head with forceps and other tools inside the womb before removing it from the mother's body.

6. One baby born intact had its face cut off for brain harvesting — Holly O’Donnell, a former Blood and Tissue Procurement Technician for StemExpress, explained in the seventh video that a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, California, was instructed to harvest brain tissue from a dead fetus.

"She gave me the scissors and told me that I had to cut down the middle of the face. I can’t even describe what that feels like," O'Donnell said, referring to instructions from her supervisor.

7. Abortion doctors can make the heart of an aborted baby beat — "And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating," O'Donnell continued her story. "And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think . . . I don’t know if that constitutes it’s technically dead, or it’s alive."

8. Major news outlets refuse to cover the videos — "In fact, the three broadcast networks, ABC, NBC and CBS, haven’t reported on a single video exposing Planned Parenthood’s trafficking of aborted babies during their news shows in 31 days — or one full month," the Media Research Center’s Katie Yoder wrote August 31.

"The last time a network mentioned a particular video came July 31, when CBS This Morning correspondent Julianna Goldman acknowledged the fourth video."

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/planned-parenthood-undercover-videos-learned/2015/09/02/id/673192/#ixzz3kbwHnnBx

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2015, 07:20:22 PM »

Don't worry, morons like Bum will be glad to pick up the slack for you and guys like him don't even care if the videos are alterted to deceive.

Fundies like Bum and the liars who made these videos are used to lying.

They lie to themselves every day of their lives so lying to other people is not exactly a problem for them.

Meanwhile back in reality the leader of the Senate has said defunding Planned Parenthood isn't going happen this year (and likely never)

McConnell: Planned Parenthood defunding a no-go this year

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article33190881.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2015, 10:01:42 PM »
back off, guys.  Trump, Christie, and Romney all donated to planned parenthood.  Jeb was on a board that made it rain $ for them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: September 09, 2015, 10:03:10 AM »
Group Urges Republican Candidates to Defund Planned Parenthood

Image: Group Urges Republican Candidates to Defund Planned Parenthood (AP)
Wednesday, 09 Sep 2015

An influential conservative group is calling on Republican presidential candidates to vow they will veto any future funding for women's healthcare provider Planned Parenthood, which is under fire from abortion opponents.

In a letter seen by Reuters that is being sent to all party hopefuls in the 2016 White House race, the ForAmerica advocacy group asks candidates to make "a firm commitment" to starve Planned Parenthood of federal funding.

ForAmerica Chairman Brent Bozell - who has personally endorsed Republican Senator Ted Cruz for 2016 - also calls on the candidates to say whether they would launch an investigation by the Department of Justice into Planned Parenthood.

ForAmerica boasts a 7.7 million-member online presence, which in the past it has mobilized to bombard Republican congressional leadership with phone calls and emails to promote conservative positions.

Republicans have turned their sights on Planned Parenthood again since an anti-abortion group began posting a series of secretly recorded videos online. The center says the tapes show Planned Parenthood engaged in illegal sales of fetal tissue. Planned Parenthood counters that the videos were distorted and says that it did nothing wrong.

The effort by ForAmerica comes as a fight is brewing in Congress over Planned Parenthood that risks another government shutdown.

Cruz is threatening to block a spending bill if Planned Parenthood is not barred from receiving the $500 million in government funds it gets every year.

Having the rest of the 2016 Republican field on board would give Cruz more ammunition to push his fight against Planned Parenthood, even though the Republican leadership in Congress is wary of engaging in another high-profile battle that could fuel criticism their party is anti-women.

"We need a firm commitment from you so that voters may identify you as a pro-life man of your word, and expose fellow candidates who are giving lip service to this issue but intend to put this on the backburner if elected," Bozell writes in the letter addressed to front-runner Donald Trump.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/gop-defund-planned-parenthood/2015/09/09/id/680931/#ixzz3lGID4qtS

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: September 14, 2015, 10:14:12 AM »
Kasich: Don't shut down government over Planned Parenthood
By Tal Kopan, CNN
Sun September 13, 2015

Washington (CNN)Ohio Gov. John Kasich said Saturday that he doesn't believe Congress should shut down the federal government in the fight to defund Planned Parenthood.

Speaking to college Republicans at Saint Anselm College in New Hampshire, Kasich was asked by one of the audience members about the debate in Congress about the controversial women's health organization.

"Well if you shut down the government, the question is, will you defund (Planned Parenthood)? I think the answer is no," Kasich said. He added that in such a scenario, the government would shut down, reopen and Planned Parenthood would still be getting funds.

"The American people will say, 'What are you doing?'" Kasich said, adding, "The President is not going to sign a bill like that. He's not going to."

Ohio Gov. John Kasich speaks at the First in the Nation Republican Leadership Summit on April 18, 2015, in Nashua, New Hampshire. The summit was attended by all the 2016 Republican candidates as well as those eying a run for the nomination. Click through for more on the political career of Kasich:

Some of Kasich's opponents in the 2016 race, including Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, have been pushing for Republicans to stop federal funds from going to Planned Parenthood after a series of controversial videos purporting to depict the organization engaging in the sale of fetal tissue have surfaced. Cruz and GOP front-runner Donald Trump have explicitly called for the government to be shut down rather than continue funding for Planned Parenthood.

Congress must pass a bill to fund government this month or there will be another shutdown. Cruz has been supportive of brinksmanship efforts before, and was a driving force behind the last shutdown two years ago.

Kasich has consistently stated his opposition to abortion on the campaign trail, though he believes in exceptions for rape, incest and cases that involve saving the life of the mother. Although he believes federal money should be spent on women's health needs, he doesn't believe the federal government should fund Planned Parenthood, a position he reiterated on Saturday.

But he said a leader needs to understand how to get things done while working with people with whom he disagrees.

"My way or the highway doesn't work in life," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/12/politics/john-kasich-planned-parenthood-government-shutdown/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2015, 01:06:42 PM »
Planned Parenthood Admits It's Terrified of Media 5x in New Video: ‘Headlines Would Be a Disaster’
By Katie Yoder
September 15, 2015

Ironically, Planned Parenthood trembles in the face of its most faithful ally: the traditional  media.

The Center for Medical Progress (CMP) released a tenth investigative video Sept. 15, that showed Planned Parenthood executives discussing aborted baby parts for money as a “valid exchange” for a “fair amount of income.” The Planned Parenthood executives admitted terror and distrust of the media – and worried about becoming a public relations or “P.R. issue” that might make headlines. A worry much unfounded, as MRC studies have found.

The video opened with Dr. Carolyn Westoff, Planned Parenthood’s Senior Medical Advisor, revealing her role in harvesting aborted baby parts to an actor posing as a tissue buyer.

“We’ve just been working with people who want particular tissues, like, you know, they want cardiac, or they want eyes, or they want neural,” she said, “Oh, gonads! Oh my God, gonads. Everything we provide is fresh.”

This isn’t the first time that the subjects of the videos have expressed zeal over the idea of chopping up human babies – like when workers laughed while sorting “5-star” baby parts in the fourth video or when a Planned Parenthood partner joked about shipping baby heads in the eighth video.

In her practice, Westhoff expressed fear of only one thing: the media.

“Obviously, we would have the potential for a huge H— P.R. issue by doing this,” she admitted.

Likewise, Vanessa Cullins, Planned Parenthood’s vice president of External Medical Affairs, “seem[ed] fully aware of the criminal exposure that fetal body parts sales present to Planned Parenthood,” according to CMP.

“This is important,” she said to the buyer in the undercover video. “This could destroy your organization and us, if we don’t time, you know, those conversations correctly.”

Getting straight to the point, Deborah VanDerhei, the National Director for Consortium of Abortion Providers (CAPS), asked the buyer about compensation for aborted baby parts: “Can I ask you about remuneration?”  According to CMP, CAPS is “an influential committee within Planned Parenthood that drives abortion policy across the organization.”

VanDerhei also admitted dread of getting caught by the media.

“I have been talking to the executive director of the National Abortion Federation, we’re trying to figure this out as an industry, about how we’re going to manage remuneration,” she admitted, “because the headlines would be a disaster.”

Because there is not Planned Parenthood national policy, VanDerhei recommended that, for those who want to “engage in remuneration,” “you really need to, like, think that through” as in “think New York Times headline when you’re creating your policy” – a sentiment she expressed more than once in the video.

But the media isn’t enough of a threat to keep her organization from trafficking aborted baby parts. When VanDerhei learned that the buyer offers around $100 per specimen, she remarked, “we have independent colleagues who generate a fair amount of income doing this.”

In regards to Planned Parenthood’s participation in aborted baby parts, VanDerhei recommended talking “in person” on the topic. “It’s an issue you might imagine that we’re not that comfortable talking about on email,” she said.

VanDerhei also appeared in a later conversation with Vanessa Russo, Compliance Program Administrator for Planned Parenthood Keystone in Pennsylvania. Russo told VanDerhei to brush off any fear of the law – and the media.

“We can’t consent to be bullied by ridiculous laws and this media that doesn’t understand the big picture,” Russo demanded before going on to talk about “research.”

Russo also argued that, “A company like this that wants to give our organization money for the tissue, like, I think that that’s a valid exchange, and that that’s okay.” VanDerhei confirmed with an, “Mhm.”

VanDerhei consoled Russo by saying that “there are Planned Parenthoods that participate in donation programs that are reimbursed for it” and adding “it’s fine.”

She listed Northern California, Mar Monte and Los Angeles as clinics that “all provide donation for remuneration.”

CMP’s press release highlighted that, “The sale or purchase of human fetal tissue is a federal felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison or a fine of up to $500,000 (42 U.S.C. 289g-2).

The video is part of CMP’s years-long investigative study and documentary web series, “Human Capital,” which delves into Planned Parenthood’s practice of harvesting aborted baby parts.

Media History

Planned Parenthood executives’ fear and disgust of the media is laughable, as the media loyally serve as a PR firm for the abortion giant.

Since the release of CMP’s first video, the broadcast networks have proven hesitant to publicize the story – and when they did, they refused to even utter the word “baby.”

On Monday, MRC Culture found that ABC, NBC and CBS had aired a mere 0.13% of the CMP footage during their news shows – or 1 minute, 13 seconds of more than 16 hours. Likewise, a month ago, MRC Culture discovered the networks spent an embarrassing 0.008% of their news shows playing the CMP footage: 1 minute, 13 seconds out of 243 hours and 30 minutes.

From the beginning, the liberal media raced to defend Planned Parenthood. In the first 9 hours and 30 minutes of news shows broadcast after the story broke, ABC, NBC and CBS, spent only 39 seconds on the first video. It took more than 24 hours before all three covered the story. In the week after the first video, the networks gave a mere 9 minutes and 11 seconds to the story (in contrast, the nets devoted more than three times that to the Susan G. Komen controversy, when the charity temporarily decided to defund the abortion giant).

ABC, NBC and CBS prioritized animals over aborted babies, covering the shooting of Cecil the lion more in one day than they did these videos in two weeks – as well as the birth of the National Zoo’s panda cubs.

The three networks haven’t mentioned the content of CMP’s last five videos. In fact, the networks haven't covered a single Planned Parenthood video release in more than one month.

Not only that, but also they refused to cover the tens of thousands of Americans speaking out against Planned Parenthood during rallies held in late August – except once, when CBS tried to connect the event to arson.

The media similarly stayed silent on the case of Philadelphia abortionist Kermit Gosnell. Gosnell's trial, in which witnesses described baby abortion survivors “swimming" in toilets “to get out,” attracted a scant 12–15 reporters. Only after 56 days, multiple letters from members of the House of Representatives and a public outcry, did all three broadcast networks report on Gosnell.

Planned Parenthood History

Planned Parenthood received more than $528 million in taxpayer funding during the fiscal year 2013-2014. That amounted to more than $1.4 million per day, through government grants, contracts and Medicaid reimbursements.

According to the Charlotte Lozier Institute, the U.S. ranks second in the world for the number of abortions performed each year. The research arm of the Susan B. Anthony List also found that, “If Planned Parenthood were included for comparison, it would rank sixth in the world in number of abortions carried out annually.”

Pro-Life Reaction

As the Project Lead for CMP, David Daleiden commented on the newly released video.

“From email black-outs to contorted oxymorons like ‘donation for remuneration,’” he said in a press release, “the lengths to which Planned Parenthood leadership will go to cover-up their illegal sale of aborted baby parts are nothing less than the desperation of a guilty conscience.”

As the president of Students for Life of America, Kristan Hawkins also challenged the practices of Planned Parenthood in this tenth video.

“Planned Parenthood knew that if it ever got out that they were taking money for the body parts of babies they were aborting, that it would be a 'PR disaster,'” she said in a press release. “That's why they don't have a written on policy on such matters. That's why they don't want it in emails.”

Call for action in Congress, Hawkins added, “Every single Congressman and Senator needs to watch these videos.” She continued, “The time for rhetoric is over; now is the time for leadership and action."

Likewise, Susan B. Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser responded to the “further evidence that Planned Parenthood profits from the illegal harvest and sale of the body parts of aborted children.”

“Senior abortion industry officials feared the New York Times headlines if these facts were to be exposed, and now they have been,” she warned, before calling on Congress to defund Planned Parenthood redirect funds to “more comprehensive health care centers.”

“No one should feel comfortable affixing his or her name to a budget that prolongs this atrocity,” she said. “It is up to President Obama to make clear why he believes our government has no higher priority than guaranteeing that the abortion industry can continue the piecemeal sale of baby body parts –‘fresh’ liver, eyes, brain, gonads, and more – without losing a dime of taxpayer dollars.”

Live Action’s Lila Rose added that the video “shows at what length Planned Parenthood executives will go to cover up the illegal harvesting of and profiting from baby parts.”

“Multiple executives also discuss the public relations nightmare should these illegal practices become public,” she said in a statement. “The nightmare is a reality, and along with continuing its multiple investigations into the abortion giant, Congress should immediately stop funneling over half a billion taxpayer dollars into Planned Parenthood and instead redirect the money to the over 13,000 community health centers that provide comprehensive healthcare to women.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/katie-yoder/2015/09/15/planned-parenthood-admits-its-terrified-media-5x-new-video#sthash.9XeV2Si3.dpuf

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2015, 10:30:10 AM »
Showing some cojones for a change.  I'm surprised two Democrats actually voted for the bill. 

House votes to freeze federal funding for Planned Parenthood
By Sarah Ferris
09/18/15

The House on Friday voted along party lines to freeze federal funding for Planned Parenthood after weeks of escalating tension surrounding its use of fetal tissue.

In a 241-187 vote, nearly all Republicans and two Democrats approved legislation that would block Planned Parenthood's federal funding for one year, giving time for Congress to fully investigate claims of wrongdoing by the provider.

Lawmakers also passed a bill tightening restrictions on abortion doctors who violate infant protections in a 248-177 vote.
“What we’ve learned about Planned Parenthood is appalling, barbaric and indefensible,” Rep. Keith Rothfus (R-Pa.) said.

Three Republicans broke ranks to vote against the funding freeze: Reps. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.), Robert Dold (R-Ill.) and Richard Hanna (R-N.Y.). The Democrats voting to defund were Reps. Dan Lipinski (D-Ill.) and Rep. Collin Peterson (D-Minn.), who are both opposed to abortion rights. Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) voted "present.”

The House vote represents the first time that congressional Republicans have approved legislation to defund Planned Parenthood in the wake of this summer’s undercover video controversy. The vote is largely symbolic, as Democrats are expected to block the bill in the Senate.

Cutting off Planned Parenthood’s federal funding would result in a net savings of $235 million over a decade, according to a report this week by the Congressional Budget Office. It would also cut off access for as many as 600,000 patients, resulting in “several thousand” unplanned births.

House GOP leaders hope the legislation will help avert a government shutdown by appeasing the dozens of conservatives who have pledged to defund Planned Parenthood at all costs. Lawmakers have five legislative days left to pass a spending bill and stop the shutdown that GOP leadership is aggressively working to avoid.

Democrats are seizing on the growing risk of a second GOP-led shutdown in two years. A half dozen House Democrats took to the floor Friday blasting the abortion bills.

“The Republicans just want to shut the government down if we don’t fund Planned Parenthood. That’s what they’re all about,” said Rep. Frank Pallone, the top Democrat on the House Energy and Commerce Committee.

GOP supporters of the bill sought to distance it from the politically toxic topic of a shutdown. “We are not on a bill about a government shutdown,” Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) said as she managed the floor debate.

“Most people think that this is common sense. If there is reason to investigate, then there is reason to withhold taxpayer dollars during that period of time,” Blackburn said. “There is bipartisan opposition from men and women to this practice.”

Republicans spoke at length about allegations that Planned Parenthood has been “harvesting” fetal organs on the floor, while Democrats sought to rebut them.

“No wrongdoing was shown. There’s no criminal charges, there’s no charges at all, pending against Planned Parenthood,” Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Col.) said.

Minutes later, Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Calif.), accused a Republican colleague of making “a complete falsehood” on the floor.

“Planned Parenthood does not sell any body parts for profit. That is a fact,” she said.

The bills passed after several hours of emotional floor speeches that included graphic descriptions of botched abortions and comparisons to the convicted abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell.

“I am getting emotional here because it is an emotional issue for me,” said. Rep Phil Roe (R-Tenn.), who said he delivered more than 3,000 babies in his 30 years as an obstetrician.

Republicans also highlighted the veto threats by the Obama administration, which has condemned the efforts to defund Planned Parenthood. Federal officials have said Obama would veto an expansion of the born-alive protection bill.

“When you saw the president come out yesterday and say he would veto this bill, how extreme can someone be?” House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-Lga.) said. “This should be a place where we can all come together.”

Democrats said the proposed changes to the born-alive protection bill are overly broad, and intended to intimidate abortion providers out of practice.

“It is already illegal to fail to provide care to an infant born alive,” Rep. Judy Chu (D-Calif) said. “What this bill does is to vilify abortion providers.”

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/254181-house-votes-to-freeze-funding-for-planned-parenthood

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: September 23, 2015, 02:54:46 PM »
Fiorina PAC defends abortion comments in graphic ad
Published September 23, 2015
FoxNews.com

A Carly Fiorina super PAC has launched a powerful and graphic online ad refuting claims that she falsely described a scene in an undercover video where a live aborted fetus is kicking its legs.

The former HP CEO made the remarks at the Sept. 16 Republican primary debate last week as she dared President Obama and Hillary Clinton to watch the Planned Parenthood videos. “A fully-formed fetus, on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking, while someone says ‘we have to keep it alive to harvest its brain,’” Fiorina said, adding that if Congress does not pass legislation defunding Planned Parenthood, "shame on us."

Some questioned the veracity of the Republican presidential candidate's remarks after the debate, claiming that the scene exactly as she described was not in any of the videos. However, the Fiorina camp circulated a video of a kicking fetus, which was included in the ad put out by CARLY for America.

In the opening of the video, the text says that “Carly won the debate, so here come the false attacks.” It then shows a number of commentators and news outlets criticizing Fiorina over her remarks.

WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO

The video goes on to show the scene to which Fiorina was referring -- a fetus with its legs kicking -- before showing another clip of an aborted fetus, and then a former Planned Parenthood technician describing how she was told: “We're going to procure brain.”

The video finishes by quoting Fiorina again: “This is about the character of our nation.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/23/new-graphic-ad-by-fiorina-pac-defends-abortion-comments/?intcmp=hpbt2