• Getbig II
« on: October 13, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: Adonis - lookin large and in charge
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 04:39:49 PM »
ROFL! @ both pictures.

I have decided I want to put on some size again.  But I just want to make one note about being thin which is that TA is right that being thinner is healthier.  Especially for TA who is light and also very ripped and not holding much body fat.  It wouldn't surprise me if TA's resting heart rate was below 60.  Even though there are definitely social benefits to being more muscular, the fact is it is quite healthy to be thin or even skinny.

At 165, my heart rate and blood pressure is the best it has been in a while and the last time it was this good was when I was 165!  It leads me to believe that simply by gaining mass I have to accept the fact that I won't be quite as healthy.  Is that worth the social benefits and other benefits of being a bit bigger?  I would say yes.  And I think it is hardly unhealthy to be 180-190 at my height.  Jay Cutler is around my height and bulks up to over 300.  But again, TA is right about the health benefits of being thinner.  It's simply a fact.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 04:53:57 PM »
ROFL! @ both pictures.

I have decided I want to put on some size again.  But I just want to make one note about being thin which is that TA is right that being thinner is healthier.  Especially for TA who is light and also very ripped and not holding much body fat.  It wouldn't surprise me if TA's resting heart rate was below 60.  Even though there are definitely social benefits to being more muscular, the fact is it is quite healthy to be thin or even skinny.

At 165, my heart rate and blood pressure is the best it has been in a while and the last time it was this good was when I was 165!  It leads me to believe that simply by gaining mass I have to accept the fact that I won't be quite as healthy.  Is that worth the social benefits and other benefits of being a bit bigger?  I would say yes.  And I think it is hardly unhealthy to be 180-190 at my height.  Jay Cutler is around my height and bulks up to over 300.  But again, TA is right about the health benefits of being thinner.  It's simply a fact.
I am actually in the process of "gaining" if you will.  I am about 160 right now and have decided to up my calories to 2500-3000 each day instead of my cutting caloric intake of around 2000-2500.  The gain will be slow of course and my strength will shoot up a bit and hopefully I will put just a tiny amount of muscle on.  Once I reach about 165 I will drop the calories back to my cutting amount until I get down to 160 again to where I will evaluate my bodyfat and overall look to see if I did gain anything.  I will do this again and again until its time to get super ripped which will be about March.  Each "cycle" should take around 2-4 months (the amount of time I predict to where I will weigh 5 lbs more than I do)

I think I will go 2 or 3 rounds of this, most likely 2, and by then it will be time to get lean again.  I know I can safely ingest around 2800 and maintain weight pretty well so I may be eating towards the 2800-3000 end.

Last year I got back up to 185 lbs and I did not like it, although I was deadlifting 500 and Benching in the 300s and Ass to floor squatting around 350 every now and then.

Anyways, we shall see what happens.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 05:12:44 PM »
TA,

Was your Caloric increase slow and steady or did you increase them all at once?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 05:14:45 PM »
 :D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 05:22:36 PM »
TA,

Was your Caloric increase slow and steady or did you increase them all at once?
Since my "gaining" is relatively close to my cutting/maintaining, I just hit full throttle.  I was eating 2200 for a few months and last week decided to bump it up to 2500-3000.  Most days since last week have been around 2500-2700.  I don`t think I hit 3000 yet, but I may tonight since I already had 2 pieces of Oreo Cheesecake that I made last night: 1000 calories right there and then I had the rest of my 5 Spice Hoisin Sauce Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Sesame Stir-Fry Broccoli and Sticky Rice: 675 calories there and a FlufferNutter Sandwich: 540 calories there.  I have Deep Dish Pan Pizza dough fermenting and ready to bake tonight with mozzarella and Pepperoni after the gym and I will probably have nearly 700 calories there.  So there you have it.

I won`t be going over 3000 calories a day though on average.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 05:24:22 PM »
we look forward to you talking about posting pics when this all happens.  i can see you are in stellar shape in the above photo.   perhaps some dieting advices so we can get ripped 15" arms?
Sure thing.  Let me know when you want to diet and I will help you.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 05:35:03 PM »
Since my "gaining" is relatively close to my cutting/maintaining, I just hit full throttle.  I was eating 2200 for a few months and last week decided to bump it up to 2500-3000.  Most days since last week have been around 2500-2700.  I don`t think I hit 3000 yet, but I may tonight since I already had 2 pieces of Oreo Cheesecake that I made last night: 1000 calories right there and then I had the rest of my 5 Spice Hoisin Sauce Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Sesame Stir-Fry Broccoli and Sticky Rice: 675 calories there and a FlufferNutter Sandwich: 540 calories there.  I have Deep Dish Pan Pizza dough fermenting and ready to bake tonight with mozzarella and Pepperoni after the gym and I will probably have nearly 700 calories there.  So there you have it.

thank you for your answer

I know I may have asked this but i have forgotten but what is your maintainance range for your normal dimensions.  Just wanted to compare notes since we are of similar build, weight and height

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 05:41:41 PM »
thank you for your answer

I know I may have asked this but i have forgotten but what is your maintainance range for your normal dimensions.  Just wanted to compare notes since we are of similar build, weight and height
Well I diet on around 2200 calories so my cutting range would be 2000-2500.  I can basically eat around 2800 or up to that amount and not gain really much weight at all. (VERY SLOWLY if at all).  At around 2500-3000 will be my "gaining" as I won`t be undereating or really overeating by that much at all, just a perfect amount.  This is all without cardio and around 3-4 days a week of lifting at 45 minutes or so each time.

This is a bit different than usual, but not much at all.  Just a few things different.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 05:44:44 PM »

why so much junk food?

bad macronutrient ratio.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 05:46:56 PM »
also 2200 calories sounds high to cut on for someone 155 lbs

unless you run like 5 miles/day

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 05:47:45 PM »

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 05:48:57 PM »
I am actually in the process of "gaining" if you will.  I am about 160 right now

whoa, easy tiger- you dont want to outgrow jezebelles clothes.

ps. christ you're ugly.
b

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 05:50:02 PM »
also 2200 calories sounds high to cut on for someone 155 lbs

unless you run like 5 miles/day

even at 155 you need a good amount of calories even on a rest day. Nothing excessive but you should be floating around 2000-2500 calories.

Then again everyone is different

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 05:50:53 PM »
why so much junk food?

bad macronutrient ratio.
Pizza is one of the most healthiest things you can possibly eat.  It prevents cancer you know.  (I`ll post the study up on this thread when I get back)

The FlufferNutter is also VERY good for you and is also incredibly environmental Friendly.

Whats wrong with a Chinese Pork Tenderloin, Stir Fry and Sticky Rice?

The Oreo Cheesecake is not junk!  It tastes wonderful and made with the best Heavy Cream, White Chocolate and Egg Yolks I can crack.  I also used a whole package of Oreos in it and 2 LBS of Cream Cheese and a Stick of Butter.  :)

I am a Cake,Pie and Sweets hound and ALWAYS have to have a caked Baked so I can eat it for Breakfast.

My Macros are not bad at all and would be willing to calculate them to show you.  (I don`t normally keep track of them whatsoever, but I Know they are fine by default based on tracking a few times in the past just for shits and giggles)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 05:53:29 PM »
Well Adonis you are about same height as Croatch right.

If your diet is so good then how come Croatch outweighs you by 50 lbs?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 05:54:20 PM »

good point.
b

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 06:03:41 PM »

I'm just guessing from photos, but I assumed Adonis was taller?

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 06:09:17 PM »
Why do jews have some large facial features. I mean usually jews have large noses, like matt c, however adonis skipped that jean and it somehow went to his ears. What gives. ???

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 07:31:33 PM »
I'd rather be black than look like adonis.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 07:34:03 PM »
I'd rather be black than look like adonis.
X2

Oh shit, wait.........
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 07:34:53 PM »

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 07:37:55 PM »
Does anyone else find it "GAY" that Adonis is really close to Branch and is even touching him? Just stand a foot or two away and interview him.  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 07:52:19 PM »
Does anyone else find it "GAY" that Adonis is really close to Branch and is even touching him? Just stand a foot or two away and interview him.  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Placing your hand on someone instantly lowers their guard and you become the dominate force in the conversation.  Also, it shows friendship and comfort and defenses (if any are present) are eliminated.