Author Topic: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011  (Read 97058 times)

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Women's Pro BB to be renamed Female Physique and shows to add more Bikini
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2010, 09:10:24 PM »
not necessarily...as the numbers of FBB continue to decline, the plug will have to be pulled at some point.  Womens BB has become obsolete...

i was told that sometime is within the next 2 years

Anabolic Outlaw

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »

It's all just a name game. The wheel has been set in motion. Nothing is going to stop it. God's Word tells us that there will be giants in the last days... The drug abuse (sorcery) and lust of the flesh will continue at unprecedented levels.

Mark my words...watch and see.

Dennis L. Bates
www.MuscleMissions.org

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: New Women's Physique Division
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
People have been lamenting the death of women's bodybuilding since the 1990's.

I think they should go ahead and kill it.

Stop letting these women do that to themselves.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2010, 04:50:59 AM »
I'm excited about this new division, although I don't think that it should become like what figure should have been/should be.

We've already got figure and bikini.  I hope it remains more like BB.  It should be a LW version of BB that rewards feminity and overall presentation more than size.  Conditioning should still be REALLY important.  

I'm definitely interested, depending on how the criteria/standards are set.  I think it would be great, esp at the Pro level, and I think there would be alot of competitors right off the bat.  There are definitely a TON of LW/MW pro fbbs out there who would be great for it.

Btw great meeting you in Hartford Chick!   :D

:)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2010, 05:14:30 AM »
Questions for Chick....just curious...

Do you think this level of muscularity/conditioning would be considered too much for the WPD?  I'm 113 pounds in this picture.

Do you think we'll be able to continue to pose like this?

:)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2010, 05:23:16 AM »
Rip , obviously you love what you do and honestly that pic is proberly one of the best I have seen of you but you are still to masculine because of the drugs , thats what the problem is with FBB ..please dont take that to heart as im not being an asshole here just speaking the truth.

FBB should remain like females , currently most look like men facialy..Cory Everson still retained her feminine look but was muscular whilst using drugs , todays FBBs use way to many androgen based drugs and alot of the other stuff guys are using , some of them could wipe out the mens comps from the 70s and 80s with the size and condition they carry , that has got to stop , its a joke - just like the bloated mess in the majority of the top 10 at the mr o that to needs looking at..chick things need to change.  >:(

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2010, 06:10:20 AM »
Rip , obviously you love what you do and honestly that pic is proberly one of the best I have seen of you but you are still to masculine because of the drugs , thats what the problem is with FBB ..please dont take that to heart as im not being an asshole here just speaking the truth.

FBB should remain like females , currently most look like men facialy..Cory Everson still retained her feminine look but was muscular whilst using drugs , todays FBBs use way to many androgen based drugs and alot of the other stuff guys are using , some of them could wipe out the mens comps from the 70s and 80s with the size and condition they carry , that has got to stop , its a joke - just like the bloated mess in the majority of the top 10 at the mr o that to needs looking at..chick things need to change.  >:(

This.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2010, 06:25:46 AM »

FBB should remain like females , currently most look like men facialy..Cory Everson still retained her feminine look but was muscular whilst using drugs , todays FBBs use way to many androgen based drugs and alot of the other stuff guys are using , some of them could wipe out the mens comps from the 70s and 80s with the size and condition they carry , that has got to stop , its a joke - just like the bloated mess in the majority of the top 10 at the mr o that to needs looking at..chick things need to change.  >:(

RIPitup looks great! I also agree that the EXTREME drug abuse is at the root of any problems with female BB .
BUT, they refuse to drug test them because, THEN they would have to test the men and that is a NON starter. So, they threw the woman bodybuilders under the proverbial bus.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2010, 06:39:20 AM »
RIPitup looks great! I also agree that the EXTREME drug abuse is at the root of any problems with female BB .
BUT, they refuse to drug test them because, THEN they would have to test the men and that is a NON starter. So, they threw the woman bodybuilders under the proverbial bus.

so Howie, you don't mind if women use various bodybuilding drugs in moderation?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2010, 06:43:47 AM »

OWNED.  :D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2010, 06:49:36 AM »
Thought you liked the big girls, Tre?

Yes and no.  I do like and support the big girls, but my in-house favorites have always been the 'tweeners', the girls who were the most jacked fitness/figure competitors, but not quite big enough for bodybuilding...much like what we saw back in the mid-80s when I really became a fan.

I don't want to see national and pro level bodybuilding eliminated, but you can be certain that I'm going to get onboard with vocal support as well as occasional sponsorship of the new division. 

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2010, 07:13:50 AM »
Dorian Yates ,Bev Francis and IFBB judges ruined Bodybuilding for ever .

QFT

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2010, 07:30:14 AM »

Good post.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2010, 07:34:53 AM »
so Howie, you don't mind if women use various bodybuilding drugs in moderation?

I have no personal issues with individual drug use by any adult. The problem is deeper then that in reality as it pertains to bodybuilding.

1. Much of the drug use is illegal and also on the official list of banned substances in the IFBB.
2. From the start of the first Olympia, BB drugs were used by the vast majority of those winning the big titles.
3. The look obtained via drugs became the actual winning standard.
4. Since steroids are adrogenic male based hormones the female BB showed more side effects then males.

All that was needed was a basic urine test to keep things from getting too extreme. Combine that with a strict adherence to the actual judging standards and reward the best OVERALL physique. The IFBB/NPC let things get too far afield in female pro BB and kept rewarding the big, freaky woman with the top places.

Turning it into a glorified swimsuit beauty pageant will result in it being even less like a legit sport. Ya know, the Jerry Springer show is funny and makes money, but I sure don't respct it as a legit, serious program.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2010, 07:48:21 AM »
Rip , obviously you love what you do and honestly that pic is proberly one of the best I have seen of you but you are still too masculine because of the drugs you're stronger and better conditioned than me, that's what the problem is with FBB ..please don't take that to heart as I'm not being an asshole here just speaking the truth.

Fixed.

You kick ass, Rip.  In 2008-2009, you were clearly a bodybuilder, whereas your size in 2007 probably would've been just about right for Physique. 

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2010, 07:55:51 AM »
Mark my words...watch and see.

Dennis L. Bates
www.MuscleMissions.org

Could you just kill yourself instead you fucking loser.  if there is a god, he must have a good belly laugh at how trailer trash like yourself can distort the concept of religion. keep trying desperately to draw ridiculous connections between Christianity and bodybuilding

Mufasa

• Getbig II
  • Never Give Up Hope!
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2010, 09:39:35 AM »
I've said, on numerous Boards, for some time now...that it was a shame that a physique like Juliana Malacarne's had "no where to go" (except for maybe "NABBA").

She got caught right in the middle of the "Figure" transition, and ended up in a "No Women's Land" with either being told she was "too big/too hard"; OR "not big enough".

As the NPC is fine tuning their judging criteria, Chick...I hope that her type of physique remains at the forefront.
“There comes a

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2010, 09:51:49 AM »
The drug abuse (sorcery) and lust of the flesh will continue at unprecedented levels.

Allah

Praise the Lord Brother I am a convert. Now where do I get some?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2010, 09:59:59 AM »
Maybe you guys can let the "female" bodybuilders compete in the men's division...
w

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2010, 10:01:50 AM »
Questions for Chick....just curious...

Do you think this level of muscularity/conditioning would be considered too much for the WPD?  I'm 113 pounds in this picture.

Do you think we'll be able to continue to pose like this?

Hey Lori-

The posing position is spot on....

Conditioning might be a tough extreme, probably your two week out condition would be right on the money...you can keep the face full and not have to go to any lengths to "dry out"...

This looks like its right up your alley

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2010, 10:16:25 AM »
QFT

Actually, I've given this a lot of thought over the last 6 months...I've come to this conclusion...

It's EVERYONE'S fault...and No ONE'S fault.

The true fault lies in the complexity of just what FBB is....a no win situation for either side.

Judges fault....it would appear that this may be the easy finger to point, as the simple answer is "They are the ones awarding the look"...while that might be true "technically", they can also only judge whats standing before them.

Athletes fault...no one forces any athlete to use whatever they want to achieve whatever look they're trying to achieve.  FBBers will do what they think necessary to win over the look that's currently holding the title, so while the bar raises every year, so does the look. The athletes will simply say that they are doing whats vital to winning.

Not the fans fault...they will support with their presence and dollars what they like, and clearly, they have chosen NOT to support the current look...and ha vent for some time.  The domino effect is what follows with no fan support comes no company support, which leads to less promoter support, which leads to less magazine support, which makes it an obsolete sport.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter WHOSE fault it is, it's WHAT it has become that needs to be addressed.  The NPC/ IFBB has adopted the stance of being proactive and making a change for the betterment of the sport and athletes alike. This is a great opportunity for those within the FBB community to transition, and move forward with a prosperous venture which can extend their careers, lend to more contracts, coverage, and no negative connotations.

It's a dog chasing its tail...

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2010, 10:36:18 AM »
I've said, on numerous Boards, for some time now...that it was a shame that a physique like Juliana Malacarne's had "no where to go" (except for maybe "NABBA").

She got caught right in the middle of the "Figure" transition, and ended up in a "No Women's Land" with either being told she was "too big/too hard"; OR "not big enough".

As the NPC is fine tuning their judging criteria, Chick...I hope that her type of physique remains at the forefront.

Well hello :)

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2010, 10:49:21 AM »

That's a great physique. A good friend of mine has a similar build and was disillusioned with figure last time she competed, so maybe the Women's Physique will get her interested again.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2010, 11:10:04 AM »
You're a little off on the title and on why its being done...here are some facts

Yes, there is a new division that will be put in place, it's called "WOMENS PHYSIQUE DIVISION"

It will not replacing WBB, it's a whole different division

They will not wear heels

WBB has phased itself out with numbers dwindling to the point that we can no longer justify it

This new division has NOTHING to do with any of the others in terms of any rule changes as you mentioned, there will be no changes to Figure, bikini.

The WPD will run much like a FBB competition except for a few things...the girls will do quarter turns, mandatories, routine...difference will be the poses will be restructured to be more feminine and the physiques will resemble more of the physiques of WBB in the early to mid 80's...

Initially, there will be only one class...as numbers grow, so will the class sizes/ structure

Figure girls that are too hard for figure would fit in , as would the same for Fitness...FBB would have to scale it WAY down to even have a chance of fitting into the criteria.  This will not resemble FBB by any stretch as to what it is today.

Hope this clarifies any questions that may come up....

Awesome!  :D
:D Weee

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2010, 11:22:58 AM »
Actually, I've given this a lot of thought over the last 6 months...I've come to this conclusion...

It's EVERYONE'S fault...and No ONE'S fault.

The true fault lies in the complexity of just what FBB is....a no win situation for either side.

Judges fault....it would appear that this may be the easy finger to point, as the simple answer is "They are the ones awarding the look"...while that might be true "technically", they can also only judge whats standing before them.

Athletes fault...no one forces any athlete to use whatever they want to achieve whatever look they're trying to achieve.  FBBers will do what they think necessary to win over the look that's currently holding the title, so while the bar raises every year, so does the look. The athletes will simply say that they are doing whats vital to winning.

Not the fans fault...they will support with their presence and dollars what they like, and clearly, they have chosen NOT to support the current look...and ha vent for some time.  The domino effect is what follows with no fan support comes no company support, which leads to less promoter support, which leads to less magazine support, which makes it an obsolete sport.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter WHOSE fault it is, it's WHAT it has become that needs to be addressed.  The NPC/ IFBB has adopted the stance of being proactive and making a change for the betterment of the sport and athletes alike. This is a great opportunity for those within the FBB community to transition, and move forward with a prosperous venture which can extend their careers, lend to more contracts, coverage, and no negative connotations.

It's a dog chasing its tail...

Its true that judges can only judge what is in front of them, but they have the freedom of choosing one physique over the other, its clear what they wanted and awarded. This, as you mentioned, leads to the athletes doing what's necessary to beat the current standard and since the bar continues to be raised the athletes wil continue to go that direction.......but who rewards the standard? The judges/judging criteria.

You're absolutelty right about this issue not being about blaming someone, but more of taking action..........its seems the IFBB/NPC is going this direction which is a great thing.