Author Topic: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011  (Read 97014 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: New Women's Physique Division
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2010, 11:41:51 AM »
ttt

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Women's Pro BB to be renamed Female Physique and shows to add more Bikini
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2010, 12:20:32 PM »
Its true that judges can only judge what is in front of them, but they have the freedom of choosing one physique over the other, its clear what they wanted and awarded. This, as you mentioned, leads to the athletes doing what's necessary to beat the current standard and since the bar continues to be raised the athletes wil continue to go that direction.......but who rewards the standard? The judges/judging criteria.

You're absolutelty right about this issue not being about blaming someone, but more of taking action..........its seems the IFBB/NPC is going this direction which is a great thing.

I guess my point is, when ALL the physiques are over the top, then no matter  who you choose it isnt what you're looking for....you're assuming there are various physiques to chose from...very difficult, especially at the local/ regional level.  How many times have we seen the hard/ manly chick win a class and the smaller/ doesnt look like she trains/ fat chick winning hers....now what?  Cant pick the fat one, but the other is TOO muscular....gotta go with the muscular one....and thats where it begins...

Taking a pro active approach I believe is the right thing to do...

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2010, 01:44:14 PM »
Hey Lori-

The posing position is spot on....

Conditioning might be a tough extreme, probably your two week out condition would be right on the money...you can keep the face full and not have to go to any lengths to "dry out"...

This looks like its right up your alley

Thanks Chick... hopefully this will be a good fit for me at the PRO level.  Looking foward to hearing more about it!
:)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2010, 01:50:06 PM »
Fixed.

You kick ass, Rip.  In 2008-2009, you were clearly a bodybuilder, whereas your size in 2007 probably would've been just about right for Physique.  

Come on - bb is purely visual and these woman look like men because of the drugs - end of story.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2010, 02:11:15 PM »
THAT is a reasonable explanation Bob and I must say it helped me understand the need for change.
Thanks.

Actually, I've given this a lot of thought over the last 6 months...I've come to this conclusion...

It's EVERYONE'S fault...and No ONE'S fault.

The true fault lies in the complexity of just what FBB is....a no win situation for either side.

Judges fault....it would appear that this may be the easy finger to point, as the simple answer is "They are the ones awarding the look"...while that might be true "technically", they can also only judge whats standing before them.

Athletes fault...no one forces any athlete to use whatever they want to achieve whatever look they're trying to achieve.  FBBers will do what they think necessary to win over the look that's currently holding the title, so while the bar raises every year, so does the look. The athletes will simply say that they are doing whats vital to winning.

Not the fans fault...they will support with their presence and dollars what they like, and clearly, they have chosen NOT to support the current look...and ha vent for some time.  The domino effect is what follows with no fan support comes no company support, which leads to less promoter support, which leads to less magazine support, which makes it an obsolete sport.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter WHOSE fault it is, it's WHAT it has become that needs to be addressed.  The NPC/ IFBB has adopted the stance of being proactive and making a change for the betterment of the sport and athletes alike. This is a great opportunity for those within the FBB community to transition, and move forward with a prosperous venture which can extend their careers, lend to more contracts, coverage, and no negative connotations.

It's a dog chasing its tail...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2010, 06:39:17 PM »
THAT is a reasonable explanation Bob and I must say it helped me understand the need for change.
Thanks.

Anytime, Howie...I'm here to help

In addition to whats already been explained, You can also look at it in these terms...

If BB is considered a nitche sport, then FEMALE BB is a nitche of a nitche...which means demographically, there simply arent enough numbers to support it, and subsequently, no money.

BB has had to branch out over the years in terms of reaching to a broader spectrum of potential fans, and exposing our brand to people that might not otherwise have been a part of it....the EXPO's are a prime example, as they now extend beyond the basic BB show and include many ansellary sports like wrestling/ grappling, arm wrestling, strongman, MMA, and many other sports which use BB as a means of training....

Keeping BB as an island would only insure that eventually, it dies off...

Mufasa

• Getbig II
  • Never Give Up Hope!
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2010, 06:49:27 PM »
Question, Bob.

With this new division; what direction do you see FIGURE going?

To me, Bikini has more of a "defined" look than Figure has...and I certainly think we all see at least the "potential" of this new division...but Figure criteria have left MANY sratching their heads.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Mufasa
“There comes a

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2010, 07:35:35 PM »
Question, Bob.

With this new division; what direction do you see FIGURE going?

To me, Bikini has more of a "defined" look than Figure has...and I certainly think we all see at least the "potential" of this new division...but Figure criteria have left MANY sratching their heads.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Mufasa

This new division is the other "bookend" we were needing to make the judging criteria much more stable...now if a girl is too soft, etc...she has the option of competing in  bikini.

Same will go for ones that are too hard, naturally more muscular, or simply enjoy training and the option of performing a posing routine, they now have an option (other than FBB)...because FBB is such a extreme, it left the other end wide open for the girls to slowly get harder, more defined, etc....

This addition will help define all three, BD, FD, PD....fitness kind of stands on its own due to the routines, etc...

Mufasa

• Getbig II
  • Never Give Up Hope!
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
Makes sense.

Thanks, Bob.

Mufasa
“There comes a

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2010, 08:48:56 PM »
Lots of avenues for mid 30s single mother attention whores to strut their stuff, it sounds like. :D

2hot4u

• Getbig I
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2010, 03:18:52 AM »
Or for a seasoned female bodybuilder that has been striving for years to build muscle to be more competitive the way they where judging to now have too much muscle and have to either stop training and diet the muscle back off or just quit!!!!  Sucks but hey it is all about the money and I could use mine to go on vacation instead of giving it to the industry to only not get rewarded. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2010, 03:32:31 AM »
What would happen if we let women decide what the look should be? Would it be shebeasts from another Universe...or back to the Lenda Murray, Rachel Mclish, Corey Everson days?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2010, 03:36:00 AM »
Listen to the halfwit Bob Chick apologize for women's bodybuilding. It is your damn fault that the women use all those damn drugs, etc., because you and the committee is responsible for no testing. Then you allow fake boobs and the freaks just keep getting less attractive by the year. Now you are going to have new criteria. What a total joke this sport is. Half wits running it and even dopier stooges explaining it to the knuckleheads.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2010, 03:38:07 AM »
Listen to the halfwit Bob Chick apologize for women's bodybuilding. It is your damn fault that the women use all those damn drugs, etc., because you and the committee is responsible for no testing. Then you allow fake boobs and the freaks just keep getting less attractive by the year. Now you are going to have new criteria. What a total joke this sport is. Half wits running it and even dopier stooges explaining it to the knuckleheads.

Show him who's boss by sodomizing him Vince. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2010, 04:31:26 AM »
Or for a seasoned female bodybuilder that has been striving for years to build muscle to be more competitive the way they where judging to now have too much muscle and have to either stop training and diet the muscle back off or just quit!!!!  Sucks but hey it is all about the money and I could use mine to go on vacation instead of giving it to the industry to only not get rewarded. 

Or you could look at it as an opportunity to do all that you love and enjoy without feeling like you have to compromise your principles to do it...being that its all about money, wouldnt you rather be put into a position to actually MAKE SOME for once?

Question for you:  would you be willing to do everything it takes to be(and look) like number one?

2hot4u

• Getbig I
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2010, 05:31:28 AM »
I have been doing everything and giving everything i have to strive to be number one now!!!  And explain how i could now "make money"  All I have been doing since 2001 is spending money on hotel, flights, entry fees, and npc card renewals.  Not to mention trainers, food and supplementation to be a better competitor. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2010, 05:40:55 AM »
I have been doing everything and giving everything i have to strive to be number one now!!!  And explain how i could now "make money"  All I have been doing since 2001 is spending money on hotel, flights, entry fees, and npc card renewals.  Not to mention trainers, food and supplementation to be a better competitor. 

Exactly, an endless pit of money spending.  We all had to go through a similiar path, the difference is, there is  no pot of gold at the end of the FBB rainbow. While nothing is guaranteed in this sport as there are a number of factors involved, you would at least have a chance of securing a contract, representing a company, increased prize money, etc...

"Supp" money you could cut down to zero...no need in a division rewarding EVERY other factor...shape, symmetry, proporton, presentation, face, skin tone, etc..

The number of shows will increase dramatically, just as the figure and now bikini has done...leading to more pro cards, more competitions, more money

Magazine coverage will go up tremendously, as it has a broader appeal...coverage elads to more exposure

Look at what the 202 has done for the guys in a similiar nature...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2010, 05:45:31 AM »
I agree with this Vince, but also know from personal past experience that drug testing is a tough thing to work in .
I was once involved with AAU physique and drug testing law suits bankrupted and ended the Mr America 14 yrs ago.
My only issue with Bob's new female direction is with the huge% that  compete in bikini and not as physique or bodybuilding athletes.

2hot4u

• Getbig I
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2010, 06:53:01 AM »
So if this is the last year for fbb then how will we be judged at the shows in 2011??  I had planned on the Masters Nationals and North Americans?  I don't know how to train or eat at this point??  Wanted to try to earn my pro card.  Now I ask myself "why"  it won't be good as a bb in 2012 even if i could compete in the new physique i still have to diet and cardio off my hard earned muscle.  

So, the question is where do we go from here?  If i start to downsize and do the shows in 2011 am i then going to be beat by the bigger girls?  or balls to the wall and stay with the existing criteria and compete in 2011 to after then downsize???  

When is this going to be determined for sure so we can plan on what to do from here?  thanks cause i need to figure out what to eat and train!!

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2010, 07:07:03 AM »
2hot, is this you? If so, you're probably part of the problem, not the solution. :D

2hot4u

• Getbig I
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2010, 07:13:28 AM »
no this is me

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2010, 07:16:39 AM »
no this is me

Thanks for proving my point...

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2010, 07:21:26 AM »
That brings up a good point, who's qualified to compete in the new FPD?  Can existing IFBB fitness, figure and FBB pros automatically cross over?  I have a feeling current FBB's will be given the Monica Brant treatment if they cross over.  Low placings until you get discouraged enough to quit.     

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2010, 07:24:47 AM »
So, the question is where do we go from here?  If i start to downsize and do the shows in 2011 am i then going to be beat by the bigger girls?  or balls to the wall and stay with the existing criteria and compete in 2011 to after then downsize???  

that cliche pretty much sums up the problem with women's bodybuilding.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2010, 07:30:24 AM »
I hear what you're saying,and my own personal preference is for more curves in the figure division...

I thionk you're confused....WPD will be girls who are slightly MORE muscular than Figure...it's for girls who like to train and lift weights, but look feminine.  Cheryl is WAY more muscular than the average figure girl.
So will there be drug testing in the new WPD to dissuade drug use? Never understood why women wanted to juice in the first place of course unless they were lesbian................. ..