Author Topic: Natural bodybuilding is a joke  (Read 30778 times)

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
Natural bodybuilding is a joke
« on: November 14, 2010, 03:49:30 PM »
 If you're gonna lift naturally it's best to just lift hard a few times a week, eat a normal 3 meals per day and that's it.

If you decide to go the extra mile and eat 8 times a day, lift 6x per week, sleep 10 hours per day, eat tons of protien, etc. It's only make like an extra 10% of difference. Is it worth it to bust your ass for an extra 10%?

On top of that, if you go on a vacation for a month or get sick, you'll lose a lot of your gains and it'll take a couple months to get it all back.

Bodybuilding = steroids

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: Natural bodybuilding is a joke
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 03:52:20 PM »
1st
w

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 03:54:39 PM »
Big & fat, abs and skinny.  >:(

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 03:56:04 PM »
Big & fat, abs and skinny.  >:(

that's the unfortunate truth for naturals. :'(

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 03:59:01 PM »
I disagree with a lot of that stuff.

If you enjoy it do it by all means. As long as it isn't harming people or myself people can do as they please.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 03:59:36 PM »
I agree with you on this. I remeber being 18 thinking I could get huge if I ate a couple more times a day and worked my freaken ass off. When I was 21 I blew up from 185 pound to 205 with 1 amp a week of hg sustanon. It was amazing!

Jizzacked

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 04:07:17 PM »
it's hard out here for a natural.   ;D  I have been clean for a couple years, but I still train and eat the staples of fish, eggs, beef etc... however as long as I get the protein in I will eat whatever else I want to within reason.  

the worst part in my case is the fact that I have brutal stretchmarks all over my body and I don't have the brutal size anymore to go with it.  I will eventually go back on probably long term low dose test, but I still enjoy 'bodybuilding' whilst on or off.  helps keep me sane..

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 04:19:11 PM »
Problem is, define natural...the chicken you eat has been grown hormones, the fish, eggs as well. The beef as well. The fruits as well.

Then, what about lifting because you like it, instead of lifting because you want to get huge. The negative thinking of natty bbing sucks, is why many don't do so well, don't develop a base and hope on the chemical route.
Anytime you have a love and passion for something, it shows...you may not be Phil Heath huge, but if you set realistic goals, shit everything will fall into place.

Jizzacked

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 04:24:34 PM »

Then, what about lifting because you like it, instead of lifting because you want to get huge. The negative thinking of natty bbing sucks, is why many don't do so well, don't develop a base and hope on the chemical route.
Anytime you have a love and passion for something, it shows...you may not be Phil Heath huge, but if you set realistic goals, shit everything will fall into place.

true, I first started lifting as a teenager and mass was the one and only real goal in mind.  somewhere along the way though, I learned to respect and enjoy the process.  mass is a distant third or fourth as far as my motivations go these days at 30 years old (but still relatively important :D).  

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
 That's why I keep on lifting 4x per week. It makes me feel great and I love doing it.

The gains to my physique though. I think i've peaked out. And no matter how much I slam away on the weights or what I eat I just stay at this peak.

There is a difference between "weight lifting" and "bodybuilding". Bodybuilding suggests that you are changin your body and building it up. Weightlifting is just lifting iron for health, fun, or whatever. I feel like i'm just weight lifting now.

I've stopped stuffing myself with protien and lots of food for the past 6 months and I havn't lost any strength or size.

I think a lot of the basic principles about natural bodybuilding are false. Driven by money and the fitness industry.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 05:06:44 PM »
You can build a very respectable physique naturally, even though you will never look anything close to a pro. But it takes years and years of solid, consistent effort, which most people don't have the patience for.

And you'll only look impressive if you have fairly good genetics, which rules out a lot of people, unfortunately. I'm talking about just building up the physique here and not competing naturally, which is a bit of a joke in more ways than one.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 05:11:29 PM »
If all the pros got off drugs there would be no Olympia contest.  If there was one it would be held in a highschool gym.  The sport can't exist without drugs. 

I am a fan of natural bodybuilding but the sub culture that follows bodybuilding would leave for good if by magic drugs went away.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 05:14:30 PM »
I blew up from 185 pound to 205 with 1 amp a week of hg sustanon. It was amazing!

Human grade  ::) I went from 208 to 240 on Chinese garbage... I may have dosed it a little higher than 250mgs a week though  ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 05:20:33 PM »
1st

Oh god please don't start that shit here...

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 05:21:36 PM »
If you're gonna lift naturally it's best to just lift hard a few times a week, eat a normal 3 meals per day and that's it.

If you decide to go the extra mile and eat 8 times a day, lift 6x per week, sleep 10 hours per day, eat tons of protien, etc. It's only make like an extra 10% of difference. Is it worth it to bust your ass for an extra 10%?

On top of that, if you go on a vacation for a month or get sick, you'll lose a lot of your gains and it'll take a couple months to get it all back.

Bodybuilding = steroids

Great points and I agree...very pointless naturally....

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 05:23:41 PM »

Great points and I agree...very pointless naturally....

Well I think weight lifting naturally to be "in shape" is alright.

But trying to "bodybuild" naturally is retarded. When you are lifting hard naturally you just peak out after a couple years and that's it, nothing more you can do but maintain it.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 05:27:14 PM »
When you are lifting hard naturally you just peak out after a couple years and that's it, nothing more you can do but maintain it.

You're wrong - you just don't know how to train to keep improving ;)

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 05:31:11 PM »
You're wrong - you just don't know how to train to keep improving ;)

I do actually. Been lifting for 15 years. Done it all.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 05:32:38 PM »
natural bodybuilding = oxymoron

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 05:33:59 PM »
Well I think weight lifting naturally to be "in shape" is alright.

But trying to "bodybuild" naturally is retarded. When you are lifting hard naturally you just peak out after a couple years and that's it, nothing more you can do but maintain it.

correct

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 05:38:37 PM »
I do actually. Been lifting for 15 years. Done it all.

Lifting for x number of years doesn't necessarily mean you know what you're doing (not saying you don't). I started when I was around 12, although I had no clue the first 3 - 4 years and trained mostly arms every time. But I read and learnt a fair bit along the way and started improving over time.

Never stopped growing, although the rate of size increase does decline over time and it's harder & harder to improve on size and strength after the first few years.

Majority of people who exercise for years look the same. Out of 1000 or so people, maybe 5 or 6 keep improving over time after the first couple of years. So it can happen and isn't impossible.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »
Lifting for x number of years doesn't necessarily mean you know what you're doing (not saying you don't). I started when I was around 12, although I had no clue the first 3 - 4 years and trained mostly arms every time. But I read and learnt a fair bit along the way and started improving over time.

Never stopped growing, although the rate of size increase does decline over time and it's harder & harder to improve on size and strength after the first few years.

Majority of people who exercise for years look the same. Out of 1000 or so people, maybe 5 or 6 keep improving over time after the first couple of years. So it can happen and isn't impossible.

Yawn....

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 05:42:28 PM »

Golly you're right.

Maybe i'm not growing cuz all i'm doing is calf raises and reverse curls all day.

I've just been doinng it wrong all along  :-[

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2010, 05:45:13 PM »
Natural bodybuilding is a joke  
If you want to compete as natural status in now aday,then thats a joke.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=117526.new#new

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 05:46:04 PM »
And away we go.