Author Topic: Uh-oh.....Steelers' Ward rips NFL on safety issues  (Read 8994 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Uh-oh.....Steelers' Ward rips NFL on safety issues
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 01:09:25 PM »
hines ward is right. so was polamalu.

have you ever played football at a competitive level? no, you havent- i can tell from all your fanboy posts. your the guy who likes to sit online and play fantasy football, and watch it on tv, pretends he knows the game because he watches NFL network and knows what cover 2 means, but hasnt an ounce of athletic ability. the closest you've come to a football field is the bleachers you sit on and eat your hot dogs. you like to spout off numbers and stats cause you feel it makes you look like you know the game, but would shit his pants when a 240 fullback comes running up the a gap looking bury his helmet in your face and run you the fuck over.

because if you had played football you would know that playing at half speed, half assed, half intensity is going to get you hurt badly. maybe someone else as well. defensive players cannot play half speed, cognisant of 'am i too high am i leading with my helmet is my timing off'. THATS how guys get hurt.

stick to your stats and numbers, fool. leave the actual game to real men.

That's kind of harsh....
I agree with what the NFL is doing, I just think it should apply to everyone not just key players.
All this would do for me is key in on Brady and Manning to send a point...

Defense don't play at half speed but they can get the job done without trying to hurt someone...that hit on Fitzpatrick was clearly helmet to helmet and Harrison just isn't getting it..

It's a tough sport...I played in high school and overseas as a RB and after every game the next day I would be in pain and aching...

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 01:32:13 PM »
That's kind of harsh....
I agree with what the NFL is doing, I just think it should apply to everyone not just key players.

Defense don't play at half speed but they can get the job done without trying to hurt someone...that hit on Fitzpatrick was clearly helmet to helmet and Harrison just isn't getting it..

It's a tough sport...I played in high school and overseas as a RB and after every game the next day I would be in pain and aching...

im just tired of listening to 'nancy 88' and his 'my opinion is the be all and end all' when it comes to football. he's a 310 pound fat guy who scours stats and then comes online to sound like he's the imminent authority on all things football. the closest the guy has gotten to playing football is when he washed the jerseys in high school.

i can tell from your post you were on the other side of the ball. im not debating that there are hits that shouldn't happen- but you cant tell me harrisons hit was intent to injure. his job is to do two things- stuff the run/ kill the quarterback. last time i looked the quarterback was considered a football player, not a ballerina. if you dont want your quarterback to get hurt draft better offensive players- but his is where the problem lies, isnt it? thats why the NFL is doing this- defensive players have become far better athletes than offensive players now. heads and shoulders better. the NFL knows this dispaity is becoming evidently greater and greater every year and is attempting to even the playing field by restricting the intensity of defensive players. you take away the defenses teeth in an attempt to level the playing field. its the cold truth that many wont say due to vested interests but if you have played the game to any extent you'd see its painfully obvious. im waiting for a player to come out and say it directly. they are dancing around it but nobody will say it. can you imagine the fallout? jesus. lol goodell would have a fucking stroke.
b

brachilius

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 01:46:25 PM »
That's kind of harsh....

Helmet to Helmet????  What game were you watching.  He didn't hit Fitzpatrick anywhere near his helmet.  He hit him square in the chest!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 01:49:19 PM »
im just tired of listening to 'nancy 88' and his 'my opinion is the be all and end all' when it comes to football. he's a 310 pound fat guy who scours stats and then comes online to sound like he's the imminent authority on all things football. the closest the guy has gotten to playing football is when he washed the jerseys in high school.

i can tell from your post you were on the other side of the ball. im not debating that there are hits that shouldn't happen- but you cant tell me harrisons hit was intent to injure. his job is to do two things- stuff the run/ kill the quarterback. last time i looked the quarterback was considered a football player, not a ballerina. if you dont want your quarterback to get hurt draft better offensive players- but his is where the problem lies, isnt it? thats why the NFL is doing this- defensive players have become far better athletes than offensive players now. heads and shoulders better. the NFL knows this dispaity is becoming evidently greater and greater every year and is attempting to even the playing field by restricting the intensity of defensive players. you take away the defenses teeth in an attempt to level the playing field. its the cold truth that many wont say due to vested interests but if you have played the game to any extent you'd see its painfully obvious. im waiting for a player to come out and say it directly. they are dancing around it but nobody will say it. can you imagine the fallout? jesus. lol goodell would have a fucking stroke.
I was gonna say something about it but i didnt want to get into it with body88 so im just chillin about it. I agree with this tho

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 02:33:41 PM »
the rules had been there the NFL is just choosing to enforce them.
kind of like all the gun laws we have that the government doesn't enforce. ;D
A

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 04:17:46 PM »
Honestly he is right about Peyton and Brady, and the new rules.  Harrison hits have been good football imo......haven't seen them all but he is just a hard physical player from what I have seen.  BTW, I hate the steelers.

What is fucking hilarious to me though is a Steeler talking about a ref pushing the game in a team's favor cuz of the new rules.....HELLO you have two Super Bowl rings bcuz of officials you fucking dickhead.  The two worst called games in NFL history.....not super bowl history.......NFL HISTORY are the last two steeler's gifted championships.  A complete fucking joke!

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 05:18:43 PM »
That's kind of harsh....

omg wiggs his helmet hit him in the chest then slid up but never hit him in the head...should not have been a penalty let alone a fine  omg!!!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 06:13:53 PM »
so much for the steelers getting "special treatment" from the nfl like all the haters seem to think ::)

first the nfl suspends big ben for 4 (originally 6) games without being charged with a crime, now the issues with the way harrison tackles

watch the vid, the ref had the flag in hand before he even touched fitzpatrick

E
E

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 06:29:40 PM »
Ward (Blackie Chan), a damn good dawg.
U

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 07:26:55 PM »
Farve didn't throw the game, dude regularly throws at least 2 picks per game. Vick threw into triple coverage last week and wound up in a TD!

::)

you really believe the nfl would have let indy or the viks beat the saints when they were pushing the katrina story, 30M to fix the dome, award after award to saints' players, and the best ratings in sports' history when they made you think the saints were america's team.  ::)

too bad they cant sell the oil spill for rating.  damn BP!  ::)

body88

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »
hines ward is right. so was polamalu.

have you ever played football at a competitive level? no, you havent- i can tell from all your fanboy posts. your the guy who likes to sit online and play fantasy football, and watch it on tv, pretends he knows the game because he watches NFL network and knows what cover 2 means, but hasnt an ounce of athletic ability. the closest you've come to a football field is the bleachers you sit on and eat your hot dogs. you like to spout off numbers and stats cause you feel it makes you look like you know the game, but would shit his pants when a 240 fullback comes running up the a gap looking bury his helmet in your face and run you the fuck over.

because if you had played football you would know that playing at half speed, half assed, half intensity is going to get you hurt badly. maybe someone else as well. defensive players cannot play half speed, cognisant of 'am i too high am i leading with my helmet is my timing off'. THATS how guys get hurt.

stick to your stats and numbers, fool. leave the actual game to real men.

It's well documented that I played football at the D3 college level, and I have never claimed to be an elite athlete. I played ball for a couple season before transferring to BU to finish off my degree. While I never faced the monsters you had to deal with, I understand what you are saying.

It is absolutly possible to play football at full speed without playing like a thug. It's telling that the same guys are being fined over and over, while the rest of of the NFL is able to play within the rules.

It's also clear that you missed my point(s).

body88

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 06:40:24 PM »

LOL!

You're wrong, dude, but whatever. I'm not some fat nerd, and I've never scoured the net for a single fact I've used in an argument against you. I'm just not an ignorant person who talks a bunch of shit without knowing what I am saying. I happen to know a lot about the Patriots because I have been a season ticket holder for over a decade.

You're assumptions about superior defensive players are off base, imo. The NFL wants to extend the season and realize more revenue. They also look at their retired players who are crippled and also the average NFL player who has a shelf life of about four years, and they've realize that something needs to be done to provide these players with some sort of safety net. The players are their product, so they are attempting to extend their careers. You can play football full speed with clean hard hits. Harrison has a long record of being a thug, which is why he is being targeted. Killing the QB is no longer what the NFL is about. These guys need to change with the times or they will be replaced.

Your childish and insult ridden rants say more about you than me  :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 09:41:51 PM »
also where are these late hit fines on players roughing up big ben?

buffalo players piled on top of him while he was down and no fine ::)

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 07:52:00 AM »
how about the one on thursday where philly used shaubs head like a bongo drum with no flag?

dont think brady or the manning brothers would have had that happen without a flag and possible fine...

say what you want about ward but to deny there is a double standard in terms of brady and peyton is ignorant

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 10:04:20 AM »
Carson gets cracked in knee....out for season...no fine..no flag

Brady gets cracked in knee...out for season...flag..and fine...

I rest my case

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2010, 04:14:52 PM »
big ben gets hit far more than brady and manning

amazingly every single hit on him is apparently legal ::)

E
E

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2010, 07:55:17 AM »
big ben gets hit far more than brady and manning

amazingly every single hit on him is apparently legal ::)

E

Manning gets Grazed in the helmet at the end of the game by trent cole... 4th and 18 turns into 1st and 10.

Big ben Gets his nose broken. ... Sorry sport, come back for another play after you clean that up...
If anyone says there isnt a double standard with Manning and Brady, they have their heads up their fucking asses

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2010, 08:46:33 AM »
Manning gets Grazed in the helmet at the end of the game by trent cole... 4th and 18 turns into 1st and 10.

Big ben Gets his nose broken. ... Sorry sport, come back for another play after you clean that up...
If anyone says there isnt a double standard with Manning and Brady, they have their heads up their fucking asses

Very true.....and if almost any other QB in the league was stinking it up like Peyton is right now the media would be trashing them.....but Peyton gets a pass because he has "so many weapons out"  yeah, Reggie Wayne is a bum.....  try that line of thought for P Rivers in SD who has a cobbled together WR group and even though they lost on Sunday, he is playing at a very high level.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2010, 08:59:09 AM »
Carson gets cracked in knee....out for season...no fine..no flag

Brady gets cracked in knee...out for season...flag..and fine...

I rest my case

You forgot to add "gets rule changed to accommodate his playing style" to Brady getting cracked in the knee.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2010, 09:21:16 AM »
Very true.....and if almost any other QB in the league was stinking it up like Peyton is right now the media would be trashing them.....but Peyton gets a pass because he has "so many weapons out"  yeah, Reggie Wayne is a bum.....  try that line of thought for P Rivers in SD who has a cobbled together WR group and even though they lost on Sunday, he is playing at a very high level.

I didnt even think about that, Rivers will come close to beating Marinos record.. throwing to a bunch of Africans.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2010, 09:24:20 AM »
You forgot to add "gets rule changed to accommodate his playing style" to Brady getting cracked in the knee.

Right.. thats what i see...What kind of shit is that. "the leauge took a hit when Brady was out"

So.

Rules are rules. This is the 2nd rule they created for this guy. Now I think Brady is awesome.. He balls out with a bunch of midget WRs..but he gets special treatment. And other QBs dont... that is.. unless they play the steelers.. than if you breathe near a qb you gettin fined.

Tuck rule.. Keep Brady in playoffs
Hit in knee rule.. .keep Brady On TV.. Amazing

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2010, 01:23:55 PM »
I didnt even think about that, Rivers will come close to beating Marinos record.. throwing to a bunch of Africans.

LOL.....I can't even pronounce half their names......haha  ;D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2010, 01:35:09 PM »
LOL.....I can't even pronounce half their names......haha  ;D

desmond tutu or some shit..

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2010, 01:36:17 PM »
Ajirotutu , Seyi
Naanee, Legedu

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2010, 01:36:23 PM »

desmond tutu or some shit..

Umlegos.......Sha Ne-Ne....who the hell knows?