Author Topic: Samoa Joe and TNA contract  (Read 8801 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Samoa Joe and TNA contract
« on: December 08, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »
Anyone feel TNA shouldn't renew his contract?  Even though Joe is a decent wrestler, his body and mic skills are horrible.  He is not the complete package in todays wrestling scene.  Maybe if this was 1980, it would be different but now people expect to see "jacked" wrestlers that have charisma.  One must wonder if Joe dieted and got on the sauce what would it bring him oppurtunity wise?  Remember the amazing transformations of Ivan Putski and Kevin Sullivan?  I wonder how much that helped both of their careers?

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
Re: Samoa Joe and TNA contract
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 01:47:55 AM »

Don't mind this guy. He is out of shape but he has a history with the company they can use to stir up old grudges heat in his matches. Maybe the bean counters think it will be cheaper to sign him, than cultivating a new group of superstars.

TNA has become too much talking and not enough wrestling. I so want them to get their act together and give Vince some sleepless nights and me some rollicking entertainment.

8)
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 04:50:07 AM »
Samoa Joe is one of the better technically sound wrestlers out there. Don't let his flabby appearance fool you. He has phenomenal ability especially his ground game. His mic skills / promos are horrible though. If he brought that side of his game up he would be much better. I do believe at one point that he will sign with TNA once again or possibley Japan because everyone who has followed wrestling religiously in the past couple of decades knows that if he were WWE bound, Vince would hype him in and bury him just as quick as he is not a Vince McMahon made charactor.

joseywaleshhh

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 05:35:15 PM »
I'm no expert on TNA, but I like Joe. His matches are always above average in my view. Plain and simple the man can wrestle. He will not end up in WWE because of his appearance. I hope that he stays on TNA because I enjoy watching him and if he goes to Japan or wherever else, I probably wont see him.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 05:37:55 PM »
TNA will resign Joe, but they need to use him better.

Keep him quiet, but make him the type of character who comes down, destroys everyone in the ring and gets out.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 05:38:28 PM »
Samoa Joe is one of the better technically sound wrestlers out there. Don't let his flabby appearance fool you. He has phenomenal ability especially his ground game. His mic skills / promos are horrible though. If he brought that side of his game up he would be much better. I do believe at one point that he will sign with TNA once again or possibley Japan because everyone who has followed wrestling religiously in the past couple of decades knows that if he were WWE bound, Vince would hype him in and bury him just as quick as he is not a Vince McMahon made charactor.
Agreed. Although, Punk and Danielson have done really well there and they were popular indy guys, but you're right. I bet he resigns with TNA, but they haven't done much with him in the past year or so. His matches with Angle were some of the best of the decade.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 06:13:46 AM »
His name sucks-ass......they should have let him be more of either a no-nonsense face or a monster heel who never speaks.  Get him a manager and pretend he doesn't speak english or something.....  his "persona" is very confusing and all over the place, so nobody really connects with him, but he is a very solid in-ring guy.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 11:29:34 PM »
Horrible.  You can see his fat creases.  Dusty was fat but Dusty was in an era where hardbodies weren't common and he had the gift of gab and charisma.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 06:21:08 PM »
Dude gets on my nerves with that 24/7 "hard" act and face sneer all the time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 04:11:10 AM »
Horrible.  You can see his fat creases.  Dusty was fat but Dusty was in an era where hardbodies weren't common and he had the gift of gab and charisma.
He may have a shit body but its what he does in the ring that counts. He is a phenomenal performer and a very hard worker. Its not a body building contest, guys.

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 05:07:35 PM »
i would resign him,but not for a whole lot.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 05:20:41 PM »
TNA Wrestling has re-signed Samoa Joe as Dixie Carter confirmed on Twitter earlier this afternoon. Carter Tweeted, Proud to report the re-signing of Samoa Joe! I feel good knowing that I have a focused & determined Samoan on my side. Congrats to us both!

I ran a story yesterday here on WrestlingNewsWorld.com Premium about how Joe had a change of heart after it was learned the Worldwide Wrestling Promotion was not going to happen and there was no interest in him from WWE. Joe was expected to re-sign as the company signed him to a short-term extension to make him available for the Impact tapings last week and it was telling where the negotiations were heading with him being taped to appear on the January 6th Impact which is the go-home to TNA Genesis.

Joe was very unhappy in TNA this summer and even had a blowup in the production truck that got him suspended but this is a case of TNA being his only option

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 10:13:28 PM »
TNA Wrestling has re-signed Samoa Joe as Dixie Carter confirmed on Twitter earlier this afternoon. Carter Tweeted, Proud to report the re-signing of Samoa Joe! I feel good knowing that I have a focused & determined Samoan on my side. Congrats to us both!

I ran a story yesterday here on WrestlingNewsWorld.com Premium about how Joe had a change of heart after it was learned the Worldwide Wrestling Promotion was not going to happen and there was no interest in him from WWE. Joe was expected to re-sign as the company signed him to a short-term extension to make him available for the Impact tapings last week and it was telling where the negotiations were heading with him being taped to appear on the January 6th Impact which is the go-home to TNA Genesis.

Joe was very unhappy in TNA this summer and even had a blowup in the production truck that got him suspended but this is a case of TNA being his only option

Big mistake.  Found out no one wants him so he goes with TNA.  He's uninteresting-nothing about him screams wrestler. 

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »
Sounds like he needs to go on a clen/meth/eca binger and come back shredded!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 05:18:04 AM »
He should do a "fat guy in a little coat" gimmick....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 05:50:51 AM »
Big mistake.  Found out no one wants him so he goes with TNA.  He's uninteresting-nothing about him screams wrestler. 
He is actually a good technical wrestler with a phenomenal ground game. He can tie a guy up in more holds than a python on a deer. Problem with Joe is his look for one thing and the entertainment side of the business is lacking. He couldn't cut you a good promo if his life depended on it.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 05:52:40 AM »
He is actually a good technical wrestler with a phenomenal ground game. He can tie a guy up in more holds than a python on a deer. Problem with Joe is his look for one thing and the entertainment side of the business is lacking. He couldn't cut you a good promo if his life depended on it.

Agree on all points.  He is a screaming example of why managers are needed.  He needs a mouthpiece badly...  Pair him with Heenan, Cornette, etc... 20 yrs ago and he would have been a big deal.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 05:53:55 AM »
Agree on all points.  He is a screaming example of why managers are needed.  He needs a mouthpiece badly...  Pair him with Heenan, Cornette, etc... 20 yrs ago and he would have been a big deal.
Funny thing is TNA wants to put him with the Main Event Mafia. He simply doesn't fit in that group of stars.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 05:55:31 AM »
Funny thing is TNA wants to put him with the Main Event Mafia. He simply doesn't fit in that group of stars.

Awful idea.  I think a decent push for him could involve him being a "hitman" of sorts who is just out to take people out.....no interviews, just interferes in matches and attempts to injure people with no explanation behind it.  sort of an "I'm fed up with it" angle.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 05:58:44 AM »
Awful idea.  I think a decent push for him could involve him being a "hitman" of sorts who is just out to take people out.....no interviews, just interferes in matches and attempts to injure people with no explanation behind it.  sort of an "I'm fed up with it" angle.
They kind of tried that. They had him carrying around a Toys R Us knife. It was ridiculous.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 06:06:34 AM »
They kind of tried that. They had him carrying around a Toys R Us knife. It was ridiculous.

:-\  Man, angles can be killed with not being implemented correctly.....like Sting with the bat that would bend when he hit people in WCW.... :(

Simple is best in most cases.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 06:10:03 AM »
Oh my goodness.... :o

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 06:12:24 AM »
Oh my goodness.... :o
He even had a penis tattooed on his face

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 06:20:17 AM »

Mmmmmm, yeah, thats not exactly what I had in mind for the angle..... :-\

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 06:31:59 AM »

Does that ever look gay....