Author Topic: Protein requirements for a bber - whats the truth?  (Read 30358 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Protein requirements for a bber - whats the truth?
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2010, 05:38:07 PM »
I don't look like shit now, I just look rather average, but... If you compare how I look now to how I looked when I was at my all-time best, then yeah, I look like shit ;D BTW, I haven't trained hard and consistantly in over 7 years. Also, as far as a pic being "the proof in the pudding" that isn't necessarily true with regards to being outstandingly fit. My level of fitness has improved greatly since I started hard and regular training on my stationary bike, but I don't look much different though (basically coz I kept my calories up, and didn't cut them). Lastly, I'm still learning and "remembering" what I really did in the past, when I looked pretty good.

I wholeheartedly agree with regard to fitness but we, rather you, were talking bodybuilding. You were the one that asked if I have progressed. Have I gotten stronger and more muscular? Not if I am fit. That's what I mean and what I thought you meant when I say proof is in the pudding. It's far, far easier to gauge a person's muscular development than their fitness level. At least over the net. And when you say you look average. Average by what standard? An average bodybuilder? Just an average guy on the street? If you take a pic right now in the very same position as I did would the average person, or even the trained eye of a GetBigger, conclude that you look like someone who works out with weights or have ever worked out with weights?

Step up. It's just a click away. I always here about how great someone use to look and how great they will look but there's always some excuse why they're out of shape today.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2010, 05:57:29 PM »
Ok man, so are you saying that I should do a before and after contest with only myself? That's rather vain, ain't it ;D Plus, I need a challange/competition to really motivate me and fuel my fire, but maybe if you start saying what a bloated toad that I am it may be even to fuel my fire LOL! My waist is 32 and a half inches now, and just last year it was 38 inches. When I was sub-6 it was 29 and a quarter. And speaking of uploading pics I can't do that now, since my internet connect is through my mobile, but I can do it through my friends pc once he gets back from his holiday.

Are you a competitive athlete? When you look in the mirror and want to build and develop a better body isn't that vain. Isn't bodybuilding in it's purest form vain since it has nothing to do with functional ability or as Chick rightfully said, "It isn't how much you lift but how much you look like you can lift." And what's wrong with that? Anything can be taken too far but everyone wants to look better than they do. A fit body looks better than an out of shape body. The difference is that some actually do something about it.

I use to believe with all my heart what you and Fat believe about progressive over load and still follow the basic principles. It just made so much sense. Just constantly strive for progression. One more rep, five pounds more weight. Slowly but surely progress is inevitable. The difference between you, Fat and me is that I never quit. I never gave up. I just keep going year after year, decade after decade. It's only after practicing what I preached that I realized it wasn't that simple. And you would realize it to if you stuck with it. If it wasn't necessary to have some outside force to motivate you and challenge you. If you simply had just raw discipline. Even when I was putting myself through school working full time seven days a week I always made myself train. Only three days a week of an hour at most. Three hours a week out of my life.

I don't want to call you fat and insult you to motivate you but I want you to consider what kind of person you want to be in life. There's more than just vanity to getting up and heading to the gym year after year. You get something other than just fitness by putting yourself through this until the day you die. Don't think that indulging your body and living a soft and complacent life only effects your appearance. I was taught from an early age the saying, "Indulge the body, corrupt the soul."  

We live in a very self-indulgent and complacent society. The concept of sucking it up seems to be fading or lost all together. You already know that it is much better to be fit and strong but do you have the guts, the discipline, the grim determination to just get up and do it no matter how you feel? Are you going to be guided in life by how you feel or by what you know is the right thing to do?

I don't care what size your waist is. I don't care what your measurements are. Few are honest about it. Lets just see it. Then we'll know what your body composition is.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2010, 06:03:25 PM »
Well, you can find my all-time best look right on getbig, the thread is entitled "Me at my peak" and there is a recent pic of my left arm here also, but that one would be harder to find since I don't remember it's exact title, but I know that it had the word creatine in the title. And I look average, like the average non-obese fella, I would say that my bf is in the mid-teens.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2010, 06:04:50 PM »
I heard so many times 1-2 grams per pound of LBM, which i follow... but i was wondering is we really need that much..

Bottom line is that everyone has different requirements when it comes to protein intake...some require more, some less...It takes a good amount of time to figure out whether you respond and build better with more or not.

People are always debating this, when in fact, much like training...there is no magic number or any one system that will be tried and true for everyone.

The only thing that matters in BB, is what the end result looks like...how anyone achieves it and with what methodology, is irrelevant

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2010, 06:05:57 PM »
In my training, as mentioned numerous times and just like I did on this thread, I keep track of my reps and weights and always try to increase both in addition to intensity variable. This year after a rib injury when I couldn't roll on the mats I decided to go on a bulking program. I did gain weight. By the time I got up to 200lbs I was definitely getting fat and strength was not going up.
how long were you bulking for ?

how much strength did you gain above your normal lifts ?

did ur injury limit your gains ?

strength comes from the core. any heavy lift involves tensing the midsection, i imagine a rib injury would have caused pain during this.

what did ur workouts look like ? sets reps exercises ? split ? etc
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2010, 06:08:12 PM »
Bottom line is that everyone has different requirements when it comes to protein intake...some require more, some less...It takes a good amount of time to figure out whether you respond and build better with more or not.

People are always debating this, when in fact, much like training...there is no magic number or any one system that will be tried and true for everyone.

The only thing that matters in BB, is what the end result looks like...how anyone achieves it and with what methodology, is irrelevant

no chick.

study after study has came to a conclusion - its 1g per pound.

genetics aren't involved, no tinkering is needed, everyone isn't unique or special.

unless we are talking about steroid users where the amount used can effect protein requirements.
175lbs by 31st July

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »
great posts pellius and chick.

i'm pretty sure no one is disagreeing here... everyone knows you have to push yourself to force your body to change.  pellius is just saying that, realistically, this only goes on for so long before your body's adaptive mechanisms are fully exploited, and no more significant progress is possible.

one thing I would like to ask you, pellius, is how your workouts have felt in the past couple decades as compared to when you were still making steady progress.  do they feel the same, same pump and soreness, or whatever, it's just that you don't grow?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2010, 06:10:18 PM »
how long were you bulking for ?

how much strength did you gain above your normal lifts ?

did ur injury limit your gains ?

strength comes from the core. any heavy lift involves tensing the midsection, i imagine a rib injury would have caused pain during this.

what did ur workouts look like ? sets reps exercises ? split ? etc

This is very involved. Maybe later. Rib injury only effected over head pulling movements esp. negative portion. And that was for only the first 6 weeks.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2010, 06:10:26 PM »
no chick.

study after study has came to a conclusion - its 1g per pound.

genetics aren't involved, no tinkering is needed, everyone isn't unique or special.

unless we are talking about steroid users where the amount used can effect protein requirements.

Ok....you would know ::)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2010, 06:11:27 PM »

you've seen his pic, right Bob?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2010, 06:11:43 PM »
175lbs by 31st July

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »

lol all that needs to be said.
Trans Milkshake.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2010, 06:16:31 PM »
since I started hard and regular training on my stationary bike, but I don't look much different though (basically coz I kept my calories up, and didn't cut them).
So diet is more important than hard training , I see  ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2010, 06:23:19 PM »
great posts pellius and chick.

i'm pretty sure no one is disagreeing here... everyone knows you have to push yourself to force your body to change.  pellius is just saying that, realistically, this only goes on for so long before your body's adaptive mechanisms are fully exploited, and no more significant progress is possible.

one thing I would like to ask you, pellius, is how your workouts have felt in the past couple decades as compared to when you were still making steady progress.  do they feel the same, same pump and soreness, or whatever, it's just that you don't grow?

As I'm still sick I'm too lazy to cook so I'm heading to the lunch wagon down the street so I have to be brief as I'm starting to go catabolic.

Progress has never been steady. Always comes in burst with agonizingly long levels of stagnation.
When it comes to your body, it sucks getting old. It really does. Things don't work and respond the way they use to. I first started feeling it at 38 yrs old. But I could still keep up with my training and competing in Jiu-Jitsu/MMA. Things started to go down hill really fast when I turned 46 years old.

When people say that age is all in the mind it just tells me that they've never taken their body to the limit. My mind still wants to go. Still wants to train and fight. I still have that fire in my belly. It's the body that doesn't keep up.

Only fine dining in the islands.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2010, 06:26:32 PM »
As I'm still sick I'm too lazy to cook so I'm heading to the lunch wagon down the street so I have to be brief as I'm starting to go catabolic.

Progress has never been steady. Always comes in burst with agonizingly long levels of stagnation.
When it comes to your body, it sucks getting old. It really does. Things don't work and respond the way they use to. I first started feeling it at 38 yrs old. But I could still keep up with my training and competing in Jiu-Jitsu/MMA. Things started to go down hill really fast when I turned 46 years old.

When people say that age is all in the mind it just tells me that they've never taken their body to the limit. My mind still wants to go. Still wants to train and fight. I still have that fire in my belly. It's the body that doesn't keep up.

Only fine dining in the islands.

i feel as i get older i still have the ability and strength but i enjoy not bothering with workout and find myself working more and doing shit around the house but working out alot less if at all
A

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2010, 06:26:47 PM »
BTW, don't get me wrong. I'm very grateful that I have my health and at 50 years old I'm still ahead of the game. And I don't forget that all this training and talking about our bodies is a luxury that only wealthy countries like the US can even talk and care about.

Sure I'm way past my prime but things could be worse. Way worse.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2010, 06:28:25 PM »
i feel as i get older i still have the ability and strength but i enjoy not bothering with workout and find myself working more and doing shit around the house but working out alot less if at all

Physically, you are the most gifted white boy I've ever seen.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »
wow, great arms!

seriously I could see that being a pic of a guy in his early twenties...

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2010, 06:30:21 PM »

as in special ?
175lbs by 31st July

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2010, 06:31:09 PM »
Yeah you caught me che ;D And I have a confession to make, I don't really know as much as I say and I, I basically use this board to try and "refresh my memory" as to what I really did to look like I did when I was at my peak. And even with this PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD mantra that I pushed, it was basically for my own benefit, and completely and utterly selfish, basically these discussions jarred my memory as to what is actually required for me to get my best results 8)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2010, 06:32:16 PM »

yes mentally i am very strong it helps me make the right choices about eating in order to stand longer hours painting
A

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »
no imo this is too much!!..

"just a pilgrim" stated before that he was consuming about 300 gms of protein every day then decreased them to 150 or so and didnt lose any muscles!!..

sure protein is what we need to build muscles but eat it in a good healthy way or you will hate your life!!.. it's not logical to force yourself to eat more and more chickens or beefs thinking you are building your muscles!!.. this right thing must be reasonable and bearable!!..

bro I could drink 3 cartons of 32oz egg beater substitute in less than 5 minutes of my day(spread out). That gives me almost 300 grams of protein and I have 23 hours and 55 minutes left in the day to do whatever the fck I want.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »
dear god of hormones

if i could only afford either steroids or gh which should i take?

if i could only get access to one oral steroid what should it be - dbol or adrol or ?

if i could only get access to one injectable what should it be - test or tren or ?

if i only had access one fat burner what should it be ? eca, clen, t3 , dnp or ?

if you were a fat fuck and had to diet what would it look like and what would the simplest cycle be ?

if you were a skinny fuck and wanted a simple cycle with the most bang for the buck what would it be ?

always gh,, ALWAYS GH ,,ALWAYS GH,,always always always,,you always want gh in system so you can eat whatever you want and be lean all the time,,you do not understand fellas how important it is to be lean to be LEAN ,,if you try to take anapolon and you have 12% and you think you have single digit but in reality you are 12% ,,you will look like compete and utter bloofy shit on anadrol ,,you got to understand it fellas,,anywhere over single digit....you will look very very bad on specific drugs,,hgh is a must must must inorder to be able to take any hormone you wish and eat alot

dianabol ,,always dianabol

testosterone,,trenbonlone is very good indeed but only when you have enough gh in system to create nasty mutation

hgh

hgh ,,test,,equipoise,, tren ace masteron mainly for anti estrogenic properties,,id be careful on the test doses keep them lower than average gym rat somwhere around 400-500mg for fellas that are really fat

skinny fucks are a dependent of what kind of skinny are they ,,skinny built as in low body fat and some muscle will grow into mutation with hgh test eq and masteron ,,mutation out of this world,,he will also be able to use dianabol because he is skinny and very low body fat,,

skinny fat....they have a problem
hgh test eq and tren ace ,,no orals what so ever ,,anavar is good but girly drug at low dose,,higher dose is too costly better buy gh

gh15 approved
fallen angel

jordyb80

• Getbig II
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2010, 06:39:38 PM »
Just remember that you can only digest 25-30g at a time...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2010, 06:52:37 PM »
So pellius, did you get a look of my pic in my "me at my peak" thread? I'm just asking bro, so you can see that I did indeed "walk the walk" at a certain time in my life, and that I'm not just talking out of my ass.