Author Topic: Protein requirements for a bber - whats the truth?  (Read 30381 times)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Protein requirements for a bber - whats the truth?
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2010, 08:05:40 AM »
Can your body utilize lots of protein? Say you consume 50 grams of fat a day, 400 calories. I include fat because you need some fat to survive. You can survive without carbohydrates and there are some cultures that do. Well, at least one that I know of because I saw it on National Geographic. Now say in addition to the fat you consume 600 grams of protein a day. 2,400 calories calories in protein. Say you need just 2,000 calories a day to maintain your weight. You are consuming 2,800 calories. Will you gain weight? Will you starve to death because your body can only utilize only so much protein. If you are not utilizing all the protein where does it go? If you eat 60 grams of protein in a meal but supposedly can only utilized 30-35 grams what happens to the rest of the protein?

your body converts the excess protein to glycogen via gluconeogenesis.
175lbs by 31st July

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2010, 08:09:09 AM »
Ok pellius, I see your point man. So let me tell you my "weight training history" I 1st picked up a barbell when I was 13 years old, and I trained consistantly for nearly 15 years, when I say consistantly I mean at least 3x a week, every week, year after year, and I made dismal and piss-poor progress til I hit the age of 24. So I basically had nil progress for over 10 years, then when I was 24 I met a bright guy who set me on the right path, and then I finally made some decent gains over a 2 year period of time. My plan now is to get into get shape (sub-8) and then assess my physique, and then work on sculpting it from there. For example, maintain chest size while increasing arm size. So yeah, I suppose that I am a bit vain 8)

What changes did you make to your routine?

Trans Milkshake.

Formerly_Owner76

• Getbig III
  • Long Time Troll!
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2010, 08:11:25 AM »
Someone should ask this Mass Monster ?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2010, 08:12:05 AM »
thats pelius

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2010, 08:14:06 AM »
depends on hormone levels, size, how much you train.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2010, 09:26:39 AM »
Well, before that change I basically used a whole body routine 3x a week, old-school HIT style, then this fella had me train on a 3-way split as follows: Push/Pull/Legs/off repeat cycle. Also I did 1 heavy compound exercise for each day Push-DB Inclines Pull-Wide grip Pulldowns Legs-Leg Press for 4 work sets of 6 reps per set. Later, I got even better results when I started training everything every 6 days.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2010, 09:51:39 AM »

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2010, 11:58:22 AM »
thats pelius

Why would you even say that? That's a guy from the Ironage site who is in his sixties. We don't even look related. BTW, have you ever posted a pic?

I wear MMA shirts. Don't fuk with me.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2010, 12:00:23 PM »
your body converts the excess protein to glycogen via gluconeogenesis.

Exactly. Or turn to fat. That's why I don't understand when people say your body can't use excess protein. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the point made but it seems to me your body is going to utilize in some way all maco nutrients.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2010, 12:03:53 PM »
Ok pellius, I see your point man. So let me tell you my "weight training history" I 1st picked up a barbell when I was 13 years old, and I trained consistantly for nearly 15 years, when I say consistantly I mean at least 3x a week, every week, year after year, and I made dismal and piss-poor progress til I hit the age of 24. So I basically had nil progress for over 10 years, then when I was 24 I met a bright guy who set me on the right path, and then I finally made some decent gains over a 2 year period of time. My plan now is to get into get shape (sub-8) and then assess my physique, and then work on sculpting it from there. For example, maintain chest size while increasing arm size. So yeah, I suppose that I am a bit vain 8)

Sounds like a lot of guys who weight train. And we're all a bit vain. At least  I hope so. Otherwise we'd all look like homeless people smelling like urine.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2010, 12:04:10 PM »
kyomu was taking 800grms of protein  ???
800 grams of protein a day is the minimun for a natural like kyomu! ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2010, 12:14:15 PM »
"Sounds like alot of guys who weight train" Are you serious when you say this pellius? Actually, I think that it is a very great minority who say that man. Most guys just lift weights to get bigger and stronger, and they don't really try to create "a work of art" through thier training, like I plan on doing ;D

Formerly_Owner76

• Getbig III
  • Long Time Troll!
« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2010, 12:49:31 PM »
Why would you even say that? That's a guy from the Ironage site who is in his sixties. We don't even look related. BTW, have you ever posted a pic?

I wear MMA shirts. Don't fuk with me.

True, Pelius makes this guy look like hell. Pelius seems like a cool dude, this IronAge guy is a shit talker, believe it or not.
If I looked like that, I wouldn't be cutting down everyone else. Plus he's a pole smoker, who is infatuated with Steve Reeves, mentions his name in every thread. (Then cracks one off to Gladiator movies).

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2010, 02:02:51 PM »
"Sounds like alot of guys who weight train" Are you serious when you say this pellius? Actually, I think that it is a very great minority who say that man. Most guys just lift weights to get bigger and stronger, and they don't really try to create "a work of art" through thier training, like I plan on doing ;D

I must have quoted the wrong post or misread what you wrote. I was referring to the part where you said that you were training for so many years with little or no results. I was like that when I was doing the six day a week two hour/ day Arnold type work outs.

And everyone here are works of art. All in our own special way.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2010, 02:07:40 PM »
True, Pelius makes this guy look like hell. Pelius seems like a cool dude, this IronAge guy is a shit talker, believe it or not.
If I looked like that, I wouldn't be cutting down everyone else. Plus he's a pole smoker, who is infatuated with Steve Reeves, mentions his name in every thread. (Then cracks one off to Gladiator movies).

Work of art. All the way work of art. But in all fairness to Tito, this is probably me 9 months off the HRT, training and muscle milk.

BTW, I thought it was only women who color their hair orange when they get old.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2010, 02:29:42 PM »
As you see, I didn't make hardly any progress training with the Jones/Darden 3x a week whole body protocol, and training each muscle group twice a week gave me some gains, but once I switched to training each muscle group roughly once a week (every 6 to 8 days) then the gains were MUCH better. So I'm curious pellius, what training schedule and protocol gave you your best results? Also I would like your opinion on a quote from Darden's most recent book, so here is the quote, "For muscular growth, you need heavy resistance. Then, you can improve the growth process by extending your sets."

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2010, 07:51:28 PM »
get in touch with your body and eat as much as you feel you need. satiety is a natural thing in healthy people. carb intake dependend of course. the more carbs, the less protein you need.

GWAR

« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2010, 08:00:42 PM »
Work of art. All the way work of art. But in all fairness to Tito, this is probably me 9 months off the HRT, training and muscle milk.

BTW, I thought it was only women who color their hair orange when they get old.

you really use muscle milk ?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2010, 12:26:38 AM »
As you see, I didn't make hardly any progress training with the Jones/Darden 3x a week whole body protocol, and training each muscle group twice a week gave me some gains, but once I switched to training each muscle group roughly once a week (every 6 to 8 days) then the gains were MUCH better. So I'm curious pellius, what training schedule and protocol gave you your best results? Also I would like your opinion on a quote from Darden's most recent book, so here is the quote, "For muscular growth, you need heavy resistance. Then, you can improve the growth process by extending your sets."

For any given number of reps, say between 6-20, after warming up and beginning your work sets you should always use as heavy a weight/resistance possible that you can handle with good form. You should continue to move this weight until you can't move it any longer. I'm not sure what you mean by extending your sets. Do you mean intensity variables after positive failure is reached? Force reps, drop sets, partials, negatives.... Sure. I agree with that. If by extended sets you mean adding more sets then that begs the question how many more sets. Two? Four? Twelve? Sixty? Like Arnold claimed he use to do for squats up in the mountains of Austria?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2010, 12:29:42 AM »
you really use muscle milk ?

They had a bunch sale at the Vitamin Shopped on Muscle Milk for around $16 a tub around six months ago. It was about to expire in 3 months. I picked up a bunch. Tasty stuff. I'd buy it regularly for that price. But not worth it to me at regular price.

epic_alien

« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2010, 12:33:10 AM »
They had a bunch sale at the Vitamin Shopped on Muscle Milk for around $16 a tub around six months ago. It was about to expire in 3 months. I picked up a bunch. Tasty stuff. I'd buy it regularly for that price. But not worth it to me at regular price.

dude, why are you chiming in about how to train and what not? your about 160lbs right?

GWAR

« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2010, 12:57:46 AM »
you know theres no protien in muscle milk right ?  its just fat and lead

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2010, 01:27:46 AM »
dude, why are you chiming in about how to train and what not? your about 160lbs right?

STFU dick. I'd beat your ass even with the fake cock you stuff in your thong.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2010, 01:28:47 AM »
you know theres no protien in muscle milk right ?  its just fat and lead

If you can prove that you'll have a sweet class action law suit going.

GWAR

« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2010, 03:20:05 AM »
If you can prove that you'll have a sweet class action law suit going.
i think there already is google muscle milk lead