Author Topic: Protein requirements for a bber - whats the truth?  (Read 30319 times)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Protein requirements for a bber - whats the truth?
« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
I was a practically a kid and my arms were like 11.5 inches   ;D   ;D

I just curled what must have been like maybe a 15 or 20 pound dumbell and did a bunch of elevated close grip push ups off the side of a tub. did this for 2 sets each, for about twenty reps TWICE a day for one week, followed by very intense stretching (had just read about Parillo and muscle fascia stretching) after every set. Lots of protein shakes and vanadyl sulfate  ;D

I think my arms measure about 12 1/4  inches at the end of my experiment.  ::)
:o so what are you going to try to get them up to 13"?
175lbs by 31st July

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2010, 05:24:49 PM »
:o so what are you going to try to get them up to 13"?

I was going to cock thrust your "mom" in a descending set

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2010, 05:25:16 PM »
I was a practically a kid and my arms were like 11.5 inches   ;D   ;D

I just curled what must have been like maybe a 15 or 20 pound dumbell and did a bunch of elevated close grip push ups off the side of a tub. did this for 2 sets each, for about twenty reps TWICE a day for one week, followed by very intense stretching (had just read about Parillo and muscle fascia stretching) after every set. Lots of protein shakes and vanadyl sulfate  ;D

I think my arms measure about 12 1/4  inches at the end of my experiment.  ::)

My best friend from senior school when i was about fourteen, used to curl his bed from the bottom every other day, high reps, tons of sets. He built a good peak on his arms doing that. :)
Trans Milkshake.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »
I was going to cock thrust your "mom" in a descending set

i think you need to read up on ur bio mechanics man.

bicep curls gets you gurls !
175lbs by 31st July

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2010, 10:07:23 PM »
Allright man, so I will give it a go with my arm experiment ;D I plan on doing 1 set of negative only push-ups and 1 set of negative only concentration curls every 48 hours, and if I don't make progress with every 48 hours I will keep adding more rest days until I do make progress 8)

Negative only push ups? The whole point of doing negatives is to use a weight/resistance heavy enough that you are unable to do the positive portion at all.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2010, 02:24:32 AM »
Well, I have a backpack that I put on my back when I train these push-ups, and this enables me to add up to 150 pounds upon my back for these push-ups. Also, I do 10 second negatives, not 4 or 6 second ones. I train at home with a minimal amount of equipement, so I have to be creative ;D As of now, I'm only able to use 25 pounds for there push-ups, so I have plenty of room to apply the gospel of PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD, in this regard 8) As of now, my arms are just under 16 inches, and I'd like to break the 17 inch barrier, which wouldn't be so bad for a 160 pound NATURAL twink ;D

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2010, 05:27:35 AM »

True I have not progress in over 20 years. My weight has pretty much been the same since I was 25 years old. But even at 25 I had 13 years of consistent serious weight training under my belt. I'm 50 years old now. A bit past my prime I would think. I stay the same because I never let myself get out of shape. So I can just get up at any time and take a pic just like I just now did a few minutes ago and look the same. So this is me. My everyday walk around condition at 50 years of age. Don't get my tone wrong because I like you. You're a thinking person and we agree on most of the basic principles. But what kind of shape are you in? And are you willing to prove it? My guess is that you are not in that great of shape and won't post a pic. What is your excuse? I already know. It's the same list of the same excuses I hear time and time again. Sure, I don't progress and I'm sure you'll make great progress in the next few months. But will you keep it up and what will be the end result in six months.

Here I am at 50 years old without any preparation, pumping up or oiling up. No snapping countless shots trying to get that right position or shot. I should have clean my mirror though. LOL! But I just got up and snapped a couple of pics. I weighed in at 189 lbs this morning which is heavy for me. I've been sick for the last two days and tend to gain a few pounds. No doubt water retention. I eagerly await your offering or your excuse. We can talk about training methodology until the cows come home but the proof is in the pudding. Show what progressive overload has done for you.

Liar! you probaby took tons of shots trying for the perfect angle, position and lighting. This is getbig afterall. Youre not fooling anybody.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: December 31, 2010, 05:28:56 AM »
can we get back to the protein requirements discussion we had?  ;D no training here.  :)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2010, 05:35:54 AM »
Allright meso, fair enough ma man :) I will start up a "negative only" thread, so those of us who are/were discussing training theories can do so there ;D

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: December 31, 2010, 05:55:59 AM »
Allright meso, fair enough ma man :) I will start up a "negative only" thread, so those of us who are/were discussing training theories can do so there ;D
I lowered my protein intake....300 to 220.....nothing changed so far. lol  ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #185 on: December 31, 2010, 06:13:23 AM »
How much do you weigh?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #186 on: December 31, 2010, 06:14:02 AM »
I lowered my protein intake....300 to 220.....nothing changed so far. lol  ;D
seems low for some one on steroids.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: December 31, 2010, 06:31:33 AM »
im 8-10 weeks off....

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: December 31, 2010, 07:00:20 AM »
As of now, my arms are just under 16 inches, and I'd like to break the 17 inch barrier, which wouldn't be so bad for a 160 pound NATURAL twink ;D

That's hard to believe, if this was you at your "peak".

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #189 on: December 31, 2010, 07:11:35 AM »
Well, I weighed a buck 54 there in that photo, and my arms were only about 14.5 inches, but as of now I weigh bout a buck 70 and my arms are 15.75 inches, so I guess that it may be possible to have 17 inchers if I'm at God's limit: 165 to 170 at sub-6. Now my bodyfat is probably around 14 to 15% in the high 160s, so if I can "transform myself" and stay at my same weight, but lose nearly 10 percentage points of bodyfat, then yeah, I think that 17 inch arms are possible. FYI, the ONLY bodypart that I trained hard and consistantly at that time was my chest.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: December 31, 2010, 07:53:16 AM »
looking great dj181  :)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #191 on: December 31, 2010, 08:05:01 AM »
Thanks man, but that was "me at my peak", but now I'm just a fat and bloated toad :( But, I am finally "remembering" what I really had to do to look like that, and it was training very hard and very consistantly. I've been trying to get back into condition by following an "easier method" but it just didn't work for me, so I've finally realize that I can't take the easy way out, and that I MUST TRAIN CONSISTANTLY HARD, no ifs, ands, or buts about it...

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: December 31, 2010, 08:13:02 AM »
Thanks man, but that was "me at my peak", but now I'm just a fat and bloated toad :( But, I am finally "remembering" what I really had to do to look like that, and it was training very hard and very consistantly. I've been trying to get back into condition by following an "easier method" but it just didn't work for me, so I've finally realize that I can't take the easy way out, and that I MUST TRAIN CONSISTANTLY HARD, no ifs, ands, or buts about it...
Maybe you should use some low dose test, it will aid your training and diet. its no big deal...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #193 on: December 31, 2010, 08:26:18 AM »
I thought about, but it just seems like quite the pain in the ass (no pun intended) with the pct among other things, plus I'm not to fond of needles lol

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: December 31, 2010, 08:44:45 AM »
I thought about, but it just seems like quite the pain in the ass (no pun intended) with the pct among other things, plus I'm not to fond of needles lol
well its your choice..  :)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2010, 01:35:48 PM »
Liar! you probaby took tons of shots trying for the perfect angle, position and lighting. This is getbig afterall. Youre not fooling anybody.

Oh brother. Only on GetBig. But, OK, you're right. I did take more than one pic. When you post your pic on the internet it's pretty much there forever so I do want to portray myself in a positive light. When I took the first pic, the one I posted, I noticed that I left on the bright overhead light off to the side in the bathroom which coupled with the bathroom mirror light "washes" me out. Too much light and too bright. So I turned off the over head light and took another pic. Though the lighting was better I notice that my free arm was not hanging naturally to the side but held up like I was doing a curl or something. Looked lame. Also, I didn't tense my stomach a bit so I could give the illusion of epic leans. So now I had to reposition myself to give that oh so perfect "natural" pose. Then my battery went dead. The whole point was that if you are training consistently and stay in shape then at some point progress stops no matter what you do. But at least by training consistently you can maintain some level of conditioning. That there is no "off season." So I can at anytime snap a pic and prove that I can maintain a pretty good condition for a 50 yr old. Or any age for that matter. But when my battery died I realized that at the rate I'm going I'm going to be in front of that mirror forever angling for that perfect shot. Kind of defeated the purpose. So I just posted the first one where I didn't like the lighting and was not standing straight on but twisted somewhat to the side distracting from my incredible Tony Freeman-like shoulder width. Just make believe it was a candid shot. But, yes, your right. I did take more than one pic. You got me there.  

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: December 31, 2010, 01:37:29 PM »
Now that I've been exposed, in the spirit of full disclosure, here is the rejected pic -- fag!

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2010, 01:41:12 PM »
Why does your belly look so bloated in all of your pics Pellius?

Looks like you've just eaten at a buffet and drank a gallon of water

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: December 31, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »
Why does your belly look so bloated in all of your pics Pellius?

Looks like you've just eaten at a buffet and drank a gallon of water

I had an umbilical hernia some years ago. At the time I didn't know what it was and just let it go. After about nine months my belly button looked like a thumb was coming out and my belly was noticeably distended. When I went to the doctor he said it looked like my guts were about to bust out. The abdominal muscles were permanently stretched out, kind of like what happens to a person that drinks a lot of beer and gets a beer belly. Sucks because I use to have a 32 inch waist. Now it's 34. But I don't obsess over it. Most people at 50, or actually most after 25 yrs nowadays, have a distended gut due to fat.

Also, I forgot to suck it in for the pic -- which is why I didn't post it.  ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #199 on: December 31, 2010, 02:01:39 PM »
That's hard to believe, if this was you at your "peak".

Not bad alot of guys in the world would be appreciative of looking like this this type of build gets the hoes.  8)