Author Topic: MuscleTech and its misleading ads!!!  (Read 19226 times)

blackpele

• Getbig III
Re: MuscleTech and its misleading ads!!!
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 01:16:41 PM »
Dude, your logic and reason is owning this thread. What Chick is saying is just more bunk.

MuscleTech was created after hours at the MMI offices by Paul Gardiner, at the time a 20-something MuscleMag store manager with dreams of being a millionaire and little else. He appeared in its initial ads with cotton in his cheeks, a forced-out gut and a sad look on his face. Him and I would hit Wendy's at lunchtime so he could eat all sorts of fat-making meals in an attempt to lose his shape (which was good) for said ads.

When they were done, he went back to his training, eating, drug regimen and returned to shape ... and then took the "after" ads. Of course, these ads never mentioned that he was Muscletech (the only employee) or that no actual product had yet to be even created. And when he DID put something in a can with fancy labelling, it was the same shit from the same vendor as 99 percent of whatever else was on the market at the time.

Tell us more of the story, if you remember.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2010, 01:28:46 PM »
just picked up some nano vapor, heard some good things about it. Fuck, if its bench approved, it's good 2 go.  8)

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2010, 09:18:01 AM »

Tell us more of the story, if you remember.
I was there from the beginning and was Paul's onetime friend. What do you wanna know? Ask away.

Kovacs hadn't been given any product either when he was brought on board. Again, the concept and all was developed long before any thought towards actual product. All the stuff about testing, trial batches, in-house science, etc. was total and absolute horseshit. When Paul did get to product, he merely called up a supplier and had them bottle his concoction with a fancy label.

The before-after shots of Paul in those original ads were a result of losing shape with fatty foods and zero exercise and then getting back to the gym and back on the stuff.

I wish MuscleTech nothing but the worst. The company is founded on total scam merchandising.

Pathetic.

Of course, Paul is now worth a few hundred million. Not that I am a fan of Kovacs, but Paul owes that dude A LOT of money. Without him, it would have been a much more difficult slog.

Heck, Paul puts the screws to Bob Kennedy for ad space and plays his hand in a very ruthless way. Without Bob's help, MuscleTech would be NOTHING.    

65stew

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2010, 10:11:50 AM »
Dude, your logic and reason is owning this thread. What Chick is saying is just more bunk.

MuscleTech was created after hours at the MMI offices by Paul Gardiner, at the time a 20-something MuscleMag store manager with dreams of being a millionaire and little else. He appeared in its initial ads with cotton in his cheeks, a forced-out gut and a sad look on his face. Him and I would hit Wendy's at lunchtime so he could eat all sorts of fat-making meals in an attempt to lose his shape (which was good) for said ads.

When they were done, he went back to his training, eating, drug regimen and returned to shape ... and then took the "after" ads. Of course, these ads never mentioned that he was Muscletech (the only employee) or that no actual product had yet to be even created. And when he DID put something in a can with fancy labelling, it was the same shit from the same vendor as 99 percent of whatever else was on the market at the time.

I remember these ads. Paul made his transformation in a month. I remember Musclemag for months kept talking about some new supplements that Canadian bodybuilders were using to get huge but unfortunately they weren't allowed to sell the supplements in the U.S. Then by some miracle they were allowed to be sold here so of course I quickly ordered before laws were made to keep it out. When I looked at my CC receit it was billed to Musclemag even though supposedly there wasn't any ties between them.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2010, 10:50:17 AM »

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2016, 04:18:29 PM »
Every pro bodybuilder wants to emulate Paul. Lie.... while making millions of dollars with their own supplement company. But the market is really saturated.

Jay Cutler was a muscletech athlete for years. Now, it's weird to hear him talking about his "legacy" while selling his own supplement line.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2016, 06:43:53 PM »
Jay Cutler refused to go to Sweden due to his high levels of creatine Nitro-Tech in his blood  

Are they still arresting guys who appear to be bb'ers in Sweden? Amazing that actually happened in such recent times....
?