Author Topic: 1994 Olympia - the physiques were great  (Read 16350 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
1994 Olympia - the physiques were great
« on: December 30, 2010, 04:07:56 AM »
Was watching the 94 "O" and of course made me realize how Great the physiques of the 90's were. What a great lineup...

Wanted to post a few vids of my favorites that are never really talked about:

Therry Pastel - Best ABs ever...phenomenal arms as well

Sonny Schmidt RIP

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: 94 O
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:09:52 AM »
Cziurlock aka GH 15

Clairemont - another one of my personal favorites

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 04:11:26 AM »
Porter

Top 6

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 04:33:48 AM »
you should have added aron paker too!!..

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 04:41:32 AM »
Always makes me laugh when people say Ray was a clear winner. Levrone and Dillett could (should?) have placed higher than him that year. I think even Dorian said to Levrone that he thought it was going to be between the two of them like in '92.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 04:49:29 AM »
imo P. C. too didnt deserve his 5th place.. there were some better bbs who came after him!!..

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 05:02:45 AM »
Dorian destroyed everyone in the contest, with a torn arm no less

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 05:29:06 AM »
Dorian destroyed everyone in the contest, with a torn arm no less

One clear thing is that he was considerably thicker than anyone else. When they're walking around during the posedown, he's litterally making everyone look like fax papers.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 06:39:05 AM »
Czurlock was the big surprise and a a crowd favorite at the 94 O. I saw Roland before the prejudigng in the lobby, he was wearing fake tan and pacing around like an animal. I thought he was just some Bucket Head that had came to watch the show. He made a big impression on the audience.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 07:22:35 AM »
The real winner of the 1994 Olympia:

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 07:24:59 AM »
I think the Sandow's still at Dorian's place. The midget looked pathetic next to Dorian (fuck, look at the shoulder width difference), Levrone and even Dillett as I said could have place higher than him. I sincerely don't see how they placed him ahead of Levrone.

theonlyone

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 07:37:29 AM »
 Rewatched many time  94 O, Doryan was the clear winner and Tierry Pastel should have been in the top 6.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 08:23:35 AM »
let's nasserise this thread ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 08:24:47 AM »
Bull fucking shit...Shawn should have one...Yates had zero taper on his waist and a fucked up arm...Shawn was complete...This contest was the beginning of the end of being complete vs. being a huge blob of shit....Shawn got robbed.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 08:27:44 AM »
Considering Dorian had his torn bicep and his tan was running he was still hard enough to smoke everyone in the contest.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 08:28:33 AM »
Pastel has some of the best arms I've ever seen. full bis, full tris no weaknesses....better than heath's overall.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 08:30:00 AM »
Pastel has some of the best arms I've ever seen. full bis, full tris no weaknesses....better than heath's overall.

Good physique when standing alone, but the fact he was only about 5'2 would be considered a weakness in my book.

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 08:41:22 AM »
The real winner of the 1994 Olympia:

True..if they had used the same judging criteria as back in the late 70's, when a complete physique with the least amount of flaws couple with an artful posing routine was deemed the best, Sean ray would have won. Which means if they used the 94 judging criteria back in the 70's, Zane would have gotten beat by guys like Ken Waller or Mike Katz...just because they were bigger..

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 08:46:29 AM »
Good physique when standing alone, but the fact he was only about 5'2 would be considered a weakness in my book.

Holy shit, I just googled it.  He really was only 5'2.... :-X :-X :-X

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 08:49:54 AM »
Holy shit, I just googled it.  He really was only 5'2.... :-X :-X :-X

Yep - even shorter than Lee Priest. (if that's possible)

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 08:57:14 AM »
True..if they had used the same judging criteria as back in the late 70's, when a complete physique with the least amount of flaws couple with an artful posing routine was deemed the best, Sean ray would have won. Which means if they used the 94 judging criteria back in the 70's, Zane would have gotten beat by guys like Ken Waller or Mike Katz...just because they were bigger..

Kidding I see. Sure, Arnole was real complete (half a body just not there), even Oliva before wasn't exactly complete. Columbu? Let's all laugh together. Zane I won't disagree but the first real complete physique to be rewarded was Bannout. And then even Haney wasn't exactly complete. Judges almsot never rewarded the most complete physique but actually Bbers with one or two outstanding parts (since Haney's days, preferably a back). Dorian was ten times as complete as Arnold ever was. Not as aesthetic but that has nothing to do with being complete.

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 09:28:15 AM »
Kidding I see. Sure, Arnole was real complete (half a body just not there), even Oliva before wasn't exactly complete. Columbu? Let's all laugh together. Zane I won't disagree but the first real complete physique to be rewarded was Bannout. And then even Haney wasn't exactly complete. Judges almsot never rewarded the most complete physique but actually Bbers with one or two outstanding parts (since Haney's days, preferably a back). Dorian was ten times as complete as Arnold ever was. Not as aesthetic but that has nothing to do with being complete.
What are you talking about..as far as Arnold having half a body? Have you seen his legs in 73 and 74..as good as anyone competing back then and way more separated. Yes, in 75 and 80 they were light because he came in smaller (75..had to lose 30 pounds for "Stay Hungry" and then only a few months to regain.. and 80 after a 5 year layoff. ) Oliva was pretty complete..just needed to come in more cut. Columbu wasn't bad untill his comeback in 81 and then his legs were bad because he destroyed his knee a few years befor that. Haney's arms were pretty weak untill after 84 when he brought them almost up to par with the rest of him. You know as well as I do, the guys today with the bloated guts and syntholed arms and crappy calves would never place high with 70's judging standards. The judging was better back then in my opinion.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 09:51:53 AM »
What are you talking about..as far as Arnold having half a body? Have you seen his legs in 73 and 74..as good as anyone competing back then and way more separated. Yes, in 75 and 80 they were light because he came in smaller (75..had to lose 30 pounds for "Stay Hungry" and then only a few months to regain.. and 80 after a 5 year layoff. ) Oliva was pretty complete..just needed to come in more cut. Columbu wasn't bad untill his comeback in 81 and then his legs were bad because he destroyed his knee a few years befor that. Haney's arms were pretty weak untill after 84 when he brought them almost up to par with the rest of him. You know as well as I do, the guys today with the bloated guts and syntholed arms and crappy calves would never place high with 70's judging standards. The judging was better back then in my opinion.

I agree with the bloated guts and synthol arms but those flaws (and the fact that aestethics have been thrown out of the window) doesn't change the fact that whatever era you're talkINg about there was always very few "complete" Bbers and they rarely got rewarded. Arnold had just decent/good legs in '73 and '74 but not on par with his arms and pecs (even his shoulders were lacking compared to the rest of the upper front). Columbu wasn't bad (though his much praised back were just big lats with no detail whatsoever) but was he better and more complete than Zane? Labrada in his day and time was more complete and balanced than Haney but who won? Haney's legs would vary a lot from one year to another (his best being in '91, otherwise he would have lost to Dorian) and no, his arms were never on par with neither his pecs or his back. And how do you think the '70s Bbers would fare with todays or the 90's judging standards.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: 1994 Olympia - the physiques were great
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 10:17:27 AM »
All of them 2nd on down should be happy Flex wasn't there...It means that their places were bumped up. Flex said that he went to the 94 O, and said thar he thought that that there was no way he could compete with these "Monsters"...

And Pastel to me, had the best arms of any short guy, bar none---better than Priest's.

theonlyone

Re: 1994 Olympia - the physiques were great
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 10:24:39 AM »
All of them 2nd on down should be happy Flex wasn't there...It means that their places were bumped up. Flex said that he went to the 94 O, and said thar he thought that that there was no way he could compete with these "Monsters"...

And Pastel to me, had the best arms of any short guy, bar none---better than Priest's.

Histrory is history. Pastel was better than Porter Cotrell, no racist bullshit!