Author Topic: Strikeforce has the best HW division in the world, no doubt about it.  (Read 9886 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Strikeforce has the best HW division in the world, no doubt about it.
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 06:10:08 AM »
The UFC actually re signed Baroni after he was cut for getting destroyed by Joe Riggs in Strikeforce.  So in reality, they signed a Strikeforce reject lol, go figure that one.  

Actually, berzerkfury, as we all know you and him are the same gimmick, Baroni was originally a UFC guy.  He flunked out, when the route of pride and strikeforce, then strung a few wins together to make it back into the UFC.  Now, he's lost a bunch, and will be dropped back down into the minor league, i.e. strikeforce.. if even them.

THAT is the reality you speak of.  Look at one's entire career before you chirp in.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 08:08:01 AM »
  I think the UFC needs to bring Bob Sapp. It would give credibility to it's heavyweight division. He used to fight in PRIDE.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 10:23:08 AM »
Actually, berzerkfury, as we all know you and him are the same gimmick, Baroni was originally a UFC guy.  He flunked out, when the route of pride and strikeforce, then strung a few wins together to make it back into the UFC.  Now, he's lost a bunch, and will be dropped back down into the minor league, i.e. strikeforce.. if even them.

THAT is the reality you speak of.  Look at one's entire career before you chirp in.

actually, baroni was 0-2 in strikeforce.  his last fight in strikeforce he lost to joe riggs, then he signed with ufc.
I dont like twinks.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 10:29:53 AM »
actually, baroni was 0-2 in strikeforce.  his last fight in strikeforce he lost to joe riggs, then he signed with ufc.

When i said "strung a few wins together", i meant in other orgs other than strikeforce.  

Regardless, Baroni blows.  

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 10:10:32 PM »

He lost to Joe Riggs in Strikeforce and then the UFC re-signed him, is that the win streak you are referring too?  You made a remark about Strikeforce signing him for being a reject after this last fight, when in reality, that's how the UFC picked him up this second time around, after Strikeforce cut him for losing. Surprise, surprise, people hate TUF nuthuggers, that dosent mean they are all gimmicks.  You however are part of a small group of 2 (more like one), which is pretty suspicious if you ask me.  (midspin/evolver/stoolpshr/col"gay"ne)
Predictions
 40/61

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 04:26:36 AM »
He put a string of wins together prior to getting another crack in the ufc.  Look at his record moron.    Its funny that all you strikeforce wannabes' only statement when some likes the ufc is that they're a gimmick etc. ..but when in reality the very large majority of mma fans watch ufc. 

Shitboxe:  explain to me why you dislike and have so much resentment towards the ufc org.

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 10:20:52 AM »
OK, you can argue who has the best HW division, however this isnt a good example. Fedor is the best HW of all time but is he still the best right now, he has to prove that and he has done nothing to do that in a long time. Werdum, still has a lot of proving to do as in beat Fedor twice and maybe another top contender. Arvloski, joke. Rogers, overated as Reem exposed. Kharn whatever his name is, was tough in his day but that was in his day, there is a reason no one has heard from him, Strikeforce getting desparate throwing him in there to fill a void. Silva, fought no one. Reem has the potential and hype, but can he pass a test and he still has to fight better MMA competition to prove himself in MMA, yes I know his K-1 accomplishments and yes they make a difference. I have a lot of hope for Reem to live up to his hype. I will say this, the tourney will prove these fighters legitamacy for later arguments though.....on another note, Pride was great but was full of a bunch of rejects that were fed to the Nog's, Barnett', Fedors, Wand's and cro-cops. The only good fights were when those fought each other. The rest were washed up Ken Shamrocks, Joyce, Sapp, and a bunch of 50/50 fighters that never made it anywhere else. It made for great entertainment but does not make for an argument that Pride was so much better than UFC. Not that the UFC then was better than them. The UFC of today smokes them though but you can't compare the two now vs then, apples and oranges.
TEAM LESNAR

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 12:30:31 PM »
He put a string of wins together prior to getting another crack in the ufc.  Look at his record moron.    Its funny that all you strikeforce wannabes' only statement when some likes the ufc is that they're a gimmick etc. ..but when in reality the very large majority of mma fans watch ufc. 

Shitboxe:  explain to me why you dislike and have so much resentment towards the ufc org.

He was signed immediately after Joe Riggs shut him out in Strikeforce, their was no string of wins after that, he lost, Strikeforce axed him = the UFC signed him right afterwords.  I am well aware of his record previous to that.  I don't have resentment towards the UFC, just ignorant people who think they are the only brand out there, and that they are free from all sin, and don't make mistakes.  They make mistakes too, like signing someone directly after an embarrassing shut out loss.
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 12:35:06 PM »
Coltrane, just shut up. You were embarrassed to high heaven here and continuing on only proves that you know it. TUF fanboys don't know shit and you're confirming that.  8)

Brutal owning, Chute.  :)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »
You two Twinkies are one in the same.

Boxe:  he had three wins in a row then his loss in SF.  My point is is that he strung together some wins and was thought to be good enough for some better fights.   I prefer ufc as they have the best fighters IMO. 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 08:02:52 PM »
OK, you can argue who has the best HW division, however this isnt a good example. Fedor is the best HW of all time but is he still the best right now, he has to prove that and he has done nothing to do that in a long time. Werdum, still has a lot of proving to do as in beat Fedor twice and maybe another top contender. Arvloski, joke. Rogers, overated as Reem exposed. Kharn whatever his name is, was tough in his day but that was in his day, there is a reason no one has heard from him, Strikeforce getting desparate throwing him in there to fill a void. Silva, fought no one. Reem has the potential and hype, but can he pass a test and he still has to fight better MMA competition to prove himself in MMA, yes I know his K-1 accomplishments and yes they make a difference. I have a lot of hope for Reem to live up to his hype. I will say this, the tourney will prove these fighters legitamacy for later arguments though.....on another note, Pride was great but was full of a bunch of rejects that were fed to the Nog's, Barnett', Fedors, Wand's and cro-cops. The only good fights were when those fought each other. The rest were washed up Ken Shamrocks, Joyce, Sapp, and a bunch of 50/50 fighters that never made it anywhere else. It made for great entertainment but does not make for an argument that Pride was so much better than UFC. Not that the UFC then was better than them. The UFC of today smokes them though but you can't compare the two now vs then, apples and oranges.

I couldn't possibly disagree more. PRIDE was better than the UFC at everything, and the best UFC fighters are from PRIDE, like Anderson and Mauricio and Nogueira. I am convinced that Nog would still be UFC heavyweight champion if it weren't for the multiple injuries he has sustained over the years. The Nog of 2003 would smoke the heavyweight ranks of today. But I agree with you that Fedor is sucking dick lately. I can't judge him from his last fight because he made a stupid mistake and got caught and it ended so soon, but if he fiights like that even Big Foot has a chance of beating him.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2011, 01:51:47 AM »
That is the fuckin best fight card I've seen in 10 years

True that

GWAR

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2011, 03:03:20 AM »
your a fucking idiot

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 11:33:08 AM »
your a fucking idiot
Explain in an attempt to show your not the idiot. Suckmymuscle at least displayed his reason and point of view for his disagreement. And I am sure me and him could go post for post trying to prove who's right but we would at least demonstrate our opinion in a way that shows we have followed the sport long enough to have a valid opinion.
TEAM LESNAR

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2011, 03:59:45 PM »
StrikeFarce does have a decent heavyweight line up.  Too bad they're so fucking stupid that they'll never pull this tournament off.  Barnett is not licensed to fight in CA because of his repeated steroid usage and he failed to show up to the last hearing.  Imagine if Barnett makes it to the finals...they won't be able to hold the event in their back yard as planned.  And what is this shit about the heavyweight title on being on the line?  Isn't that the point of a tournament?  To find out who the best is?  Or, at the very least determine a #1 contender?  So, let me get this straight, for Fedor to win this, who would be fighting 3 times this year!?  LOL...will never happen.

This won't be the 1st time StrikeForce tries to do a tournament.  Last year they tried to do it with the middle weights and it all fell apart.  I see the same thing happening again.
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2011, 04:04:26 PM »
What talent? You and your other accounts hailed Cock Chestnar as the greatest fighter to ever grace the sport. We saw how that ended up.

It's not even debatable at this point that's how far behind the UFC HW division is. You actually had to include Carwin, a guy who punched himself out in less than 60 seconds to the biggest embarrassment of a HW champ ever, in the list of "top guys" to actually build some sort of argument. Thanks for playing.

LOL...is that all you have to cling on to in life?  So what if the UFC doesn't have the "best" heavies.  Big fucking deal.  They still put on better fights, all their other divisions eclipse strikeforce and they make a shitload more money.  Every single TUF episode with Lesanar & JDS will have better ratings that any of the StrikeForce cards. 

Does strikeforce have better heavies?  Perhaps, but it's just a matter of time before SF folds, and then what will you have to cling to?  Fedor's shriveled and sweaty balls?

HAhahahahah!
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 01:03:40 AM »
LOL...is that all you have to cling on to in life?  So what if the UFC doesn't have the "best" heavies.  Big fucking deal.  They still put on better fights, all their other divisions eclipse strikeforce and they make a shitload more money.  Every single TUF episode with Lesanar & JDS will have better ratings that any of the StrikeForce cards. 

Does strikeforce have better heavies?  Perhaps, but it's just a matter of time before SF folds, and then what will you have to cling to?  Fedor's shriveled and sweaty balls?

HAhahahahah!

Heavyweight division > all other weight divisions.

The heavyweight World MMA champion is the best MMA fighter on the planet because he can beat all other champions from other weight division due to simple physics. This why the World heavyweight champion is called "the baddest man on the Planet" and not the other division champions. The UFC is hurting it's credibility as the premier MMA organization by not having Fedor and Overeem in it's roster.

And there is more talent in the other weight divisions, no doubt. Guys like JSP and Anderson and probably even Shogun are better pound-for-pound than Overeem, Barnett and Fedor. But it doesen't matter because the interest of fans is directly correlated to how high the weight class is, with the heavyweight class being the most important followed by the light-heavyweigts and so on. Fighting is about establishing masculine dominance, and size is an attribute of masculinity. So the bigger fighters are perceived as more masculine, and thus their fights are considered as more relevant contests of masculinity and dominance than the fights between smaller fighters. It's just the way it is. No one gives a shit that BJ Penn is such an outstanding fighter for his weight because any 220+ lbs bodybuilder or powerlifter with no fighting experience would beat the shit out of him due to sheer physics. He weights the same as a woman!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 06:11:52 AM »

Who cares about what organization has the "Best heavies" etc?  Obviously the strikeforce balllickers are making that claim cause it's their only argument that carries any sort of weight.

Can't we just talk and debate upcoming fights?  If you don't wanna discuss UFC, then don't, and vice versa.  Quit attacking others on these threads.  It gets annoying.  And i'm not saying i don't do it, cause i do. 

Cant we all just get along?   ;D ???

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 07:42:23 AM »
  Heavyweight division > all other weight divisions.

The heavyweight World MMA champion is the best MMA fighter on the planet because he can beat all other champions from other weight division due to simple physics. This why the World heavyweight champion is called "the baddest man on the Planet" and not the other division champions. The UFC is hurting it's credibility as the premier MMA organization by not having Fedor and Overeem in it's roster.

And there is more talent in the other weight divisions, no doubt. Guys like JSP and Anderson and probably even Shogun are better pound-for-pound than Overeem, Barnett and Fedor. But it doesen't matter because the interest of fans is directly correlated to how high the weight class is, with the heavyweight class being the most important followed by the light-heavyweigts and so on. Fighting is about establishing masculine dominance, and size is an attribute of masculinity. So the bigger fighters are perceived as more masculine, and thus their fights are considered as more relevant contests of masculinity and dominance than the fights between smaller fighters. It's just the way it is. No one gives a shit that BJ Penn is such an outstanding fighter for his weight because any 220+ lbs bodybuilder or powerlifter with no fighting experience would beat the shit out of him due to sheer physics. He weights the same as a woman!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

You'd have a solid point if it wasn't for the fact that most MMA fans don't have a clue who Fedor or Alistar are. 
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 09:12:56 AM »
You'd have a solid point if it wasn't for the fact that most MMA fans don't have a clue who Fedor or Alistar are.  

Fedor and Overeem are better known by fans in Asia, Europe and Latin America than any of the UFC heavyweights. They used to fight in PRIDE, and that promotion was more broadcasted in the aforementioned continents than the UFC was. Fedor and Overeem have almost god-like status in Asia. Even Fedor's defeat didn't seem to affect his reputation with Asians given that Fedor still receives fat paychecks to do appearances and seminars in Asian countries. The UFC is restricted to the U.S, Canada and to a minor extent in Great Britain. In continental Europe, Asia and Latin America UFC fighters are almost completely unknown. I live in Brazil and the only Brazilian UFC fighters known here are Anderson and Shogun because they used to fight in PRIDE. The other Brazilian fighters like JDS are unknown to Brazilians. This is true of Brazilian fighters who fight in Strikeforce as well, like Big Foot and Werdum.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2011, 08:11:33 PM »
Great card gotta make shure not to miss that one
P

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2011, 04:29:35 AM »

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
w

w8m8

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2011, 11:45:20 AM »

but there are some that do .. so it does give creedance to his point

I like watching all the fights .. I am not choosing between them when I don't have to

I am a Fedor fan .. and I don't care if he's not in Dana's camp .. I really am not keen on Dana most of the time TBH :-\

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2011, 12:46:25 PM »
but there are some that do .. so it does give creedance to his point

I like watching all the fights .. I am not choosing between them when I don't have to

I am a Fedor fan .. and I don't care if he's not in Dana's camp .. I really am not keen on Dana most of the time TBH :-\

I disagree...Today's average MMA fan has no clue who either of these guys are.  "Some" is not enough.  Fedor is a recluse who doesn't speak English to top it off.  How can you even market him?

Aliistar has potential to help the UFC.  He interacts with the fans and makes himself accessible (the reem documentary was fun to watch).  But similar to Barnett, who has Allistar beaten recently in MMA that holds any merit. K-1 champ is great, but it's not MMA. His win over Duffy was a joke. Duffy had a week to get ready and was coming off of an injury layoff.  Plus Duffy has always been overrated.