Author Topic: Who here believes that a clean diet gets an outstanding physique?  (Read 25050 times)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
Re: Who here believes that a clean diet gets an outstanding physique?
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2011, 09:06:55 PM »
Good point about the possible health issues, but I'm convinced that GENETICS PLAY A HUGE ROLE with regards to health. My great grandmother, God rest her soul, lived to be 96 years old, and she had a terrible diet. Fatty, greasy food, a half a gallon of ice cream per day, did ZERO exercise, and had a full and healthy 96 years. Lived on her own after my grandfather died, which happened when she was 62. Also, they was a thread someone posted about a nutrition professor who dropped 20 some pounds on a shit "diet" and he also lost a pound or 2 or muscle, and his health markers greatly improved. Now that shocked the shit out of me, basically the fact that his health markers improved. BTW, I just fucked up my stationary bike, so now I either gotta pay to get it fixed, or just start running.

nothing wrong with a little junk food brother. But when the only vitamins you get are from captain crunch your setting yourself up to fail in physique wise and health. Genetics my ass lol high fructose corn syrup (which is in everythng today) is the absolute worse thing you can put in your body and has been actually prooven to exelerate the aging process. If your like me and want to still look young and pull ass in your thirties forties or hell late twenties one day you will change your diet.I believe this is extremely important to the enhanced athlete due to the extreme abuse the body goes through. Look at Trey Brewers diet and look at how old and unhealthy looks..look at Spike on this board the fella looks 50 and eats muscle milk and tacos all day long...wonder why....now look at evan centopontio looks great and young because of his nutritious diet .  I think at least 1 gram per pound of bw protein maybe more, organic fruits and veggies are vital. Avoid simple carbs as much as possible. Here is what I ate today
1 pound of orange roughy
1 ound of extra lean ground beef
bag of blueberries and a cup of cherries
bowl of spinach and brocolli
2 greek yogurts
couple egg

feel like a god. I am only in my first week of a short mni 8 week test cycle at 500mg and am growing better than I did at 750. Shows wht a health diet can do. I tried the whole bullshit gh15 diet of eaing sushi mcdonalds etc and it sucks. Unless your on growth hormonem YES clean diet matters
l

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »
When you guys diet down do you change how you lift at all?  Obviously dj keeps the pedal to the metal  ;D, but what about the rest?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2011, 09:28:35 PM »
When you guys diet down do you change how you lift at all?  Obviously dj keeps the pedal to the metal  ;D, but what about the rest?

I lift the same all the time, there's no need to go "light" or have more reps when you diet.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2011, 09:29:47 PM »

for me it depends on drugs and dosages. on 500mg test for example I dont go over 275 on bench and 50 for curls cause you just maintan pretty much.
l

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2011, 06:40:23 AM »
Hey C, you MUST NOT let your training loads go down, if you do YOU WILL look like shit (flat, no roundness or "pop" to yo muscles)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: Who here
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2011, 06:49:58 AM »
Why is it so hard to believe Wavelength has gotten his results eating like he did? Plenty of people have done the same without drugs or anything similar.

they must have all used heavy drugs and fat burners and lied about it

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2011, 07:06:02 AM »
they must have all used heavy drugs and fat burners and lied about it

Probably....people are set in their ways and can't believe anything that goes against it.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2011, 01:42:31 PM »
And again, for the 1000th time:

You lose weight because you lose MUSCLE and water. Your diet forces the body to pile on more fat once your metabolism has adopted to the lower calorie intake. There are no "vast improvements", you are still a fat slob and look like shit.

What basically happens in your diet is what all fat women have done 10000 times in their lives:
First phase:  you lose weight, in you case muscle due to the poor quality of food because of lower calories.
Second phase: body has adapted to lower calories and stops losing weight, instead start to STORE fat because he fears lower calories coming up again. It's called "yo-yo" effect, read it up.

Then you lower calories again and it starts all over again. With your diet, you will not lose weight, you will get fatter and fatter and fatter.

Now with that other idiot, dj181, what happens is safe and EVERY ONE that has been on low BF and started to bulk has experienced this:
In the first few weeks, how long it lasts depends on the person, you start building up muscle, if you protein intake is high, caloric intake is high and training frequence is high. You look as if you lose fat and build muscle at the same time, and exactly that is also happening. It's called REBOUND.
But this will not last long, you will start getting fat when your diet sucks. You will even start getting fat with a clean bulking diet when you have a caloric excess, but the results will be much better on a clean diet.

I have said this a few times here before: When you want to start a diet, UP you calories by 1000 AND at the same time also BURN 1500 calories more ed, and you results will be much better. You will have a much higher metabolism, and much higher level of physical activity, combining both will result in much better results than doing just one, but it is also much harder.
From this starting point, you can start reducing calories and activity level and diet on from a much better starting point, which means you will have higher calories over the whole diet.

hahahahahahahahahahaha you are very stupid.
175lbs by 31st July

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2011, 01:58:11 PM »
hahahahahahahahahahaha you are very stupid.
no no no, you are the fool, fatty.eat your kitkat and go to sleep.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2011, 02:02:45 PM »
 :D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2011, 02:05:07 PM »
no no no, you are the fool, fatty.eat your kitkat and go to sleep.

i've already had a snicker, a white peanut reece cup, and a nice chicken tikka masala.

enjoy your baked potato and tuna.
175lbs by 31st July

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2011, 02:23:37 PM »
Here's the trick, I've got pictures of my grandfather from the war.  He had an outstanding physique, something like Steve Reeves.

Eat like people did in the first half of the 20th century, go a little heavy on the protein.  Get some good cardio.

Works like a charm.

Post the pic.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2011, 02:23:58 PM »
this diet can work but you gotta do alot of repetions

this type of diet would work for some as long as they can do the reps

if they dont do the reps they will get fat

ok , lemme write all this down... lol ::) ::) ::) ::)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2011, 10:32:51 PM »
cardio is important even when trying to put on size

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2011, 07:28:49 AM »
How so Ex? Is it because consisant cardio keeps the metabolism revved up? Or because of the "chemical release" caused by hard cardio training?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2011, 07:36:46 AM »
I've never done cardio getting ready for a show (no fat burners ) just a strict diet.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2011, 07:58:19 AM »
How so Ex? Is it because consisant cardio keeps the metabolism revved up? Or because of the "chemical release" caused by hard cardio training?

I find it keeps my metablism high, plus the fitter you are the more energy you have and the faster you recover

I imagine too that good cardio would translate into better pumps and cock-like vascularity

at least that's my personal experience

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2011, 08:12:34 AM »
Good point Ex, but there is an idea/theroy that cardio cuts into and depletes recovery ability. P.S. I hate you che 8) You are my arch-nemisis as everything you do is nearly directly the opposite of everything that I do. But I gotta give you props coz you looked fucking OUTSTANDING, and even my girl got a wet pus-y when she saw your pic.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2011, 08:20:34 AM »
Good point Ex, but there is an idea/theroy that cardio cuts into and depletes recovery ability. P.S. I hate you che 8) You are my arch-nemisis as everything you do is nearly directly the opposite of everything that I do. But I gotta give you props coz you looked fucking OUTSTANDING, and even my girl got a wet pus-y when she saw your pic.
What works for me may not work for you .

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2011, 10:02:07 AM »

heres a hint - its not really che  ;)
175lbs by 31st July

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2011, 10:11:12 AM »
Come on Panda, I know that you're a very skeptical fella, but I believe that che speaks the truth, well at least when he claimed that's him in that pic ;) Anyway, what's the scientific literature say about aerobic training cutting into recovery ability? Also, it's been proven that running more than 35 miles weekly drops test levels.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2011, 10:21:08 AM »
Come on Panda, I know that you're a very skeptical fella, but I believe that che speaks the truth, well at least when he claimed that's him in that pic ;) Anyway, what's the scientific literature say about aerobic training cutting into recovery ability? Also, it's been proven that running more than 35 miles weekly drops test levels.

its not him.

science says endurance activities like running can very well eat into your recovery abilities. it also transforms the muscle fibres to the smaller endurance type 1 kind.
175lbs by 31st July

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
Allright, so how much is too much? After my track and cross-country days, I never ran more than 20 miles a week tops. Do you have anything specific in this regard?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2011, 10:44:11 AM »
Indeed.

FP has done exactly SHIT in five months using his "irrefutable" methods.

Meanwhile someone using a standard "bro-science' diet could have gotten competition- lean in that time frame.

Also TA and Wavelength are both lying through their teeth about their methods
Despite what you may believe, I am not lying.  I eat whatever I want. 

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2011, 10:44:36 AM »
Allright, so how much is too much? After my track and cross-country days, I never ran more than 20 miles a week tops. Do you have anything specific in this regard?

i would imagine any activity that is primarily aerobic in nature. this could be lifting pink dumbbells like gene does, or jogging or running long distances.

energy systems come into play here, although if you listen to coach you should do every energy system at once.  ::)

science tells us we should split up training, keeping the energy systems as far apart as possible.

specifically to bodybuilding - studies show cardio and weights together interfere with each other.

i do both together because it can't be helped with my time management and its simply convenient for me. however it is not optimal for muscle and strength gains nor endurance/cardiovascular gains either.
175lbs by 31st July