Author Topic: Who here believes that a clean diet gets an outstanding physique?  (Read 25139 times)

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
Re: Who here believes that a clean diet gets an outstanding physique?
« Reply #250 on: January 19, 2011, 02:25:40 PM »
Feeling physically good has absolutely nothing to do with a "clean diet" it is all based upon an extremely high level of fitness. If you are supremely fit, you will feel supremely good, either on a clean diet or a dirty diet. Extreme level of fitness=Extreme level of feeling good 8)

No. Fucking retarded bro.
Trans Milkshake.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #251 on: January 19, 2011, 02:37:49 PM »
I can only speak for myself in this regard, and I basically ate very healthy a few months back (plenty of fresh fruits and vegtables, etc) and honestly I really didn't feel much different. Now, I have greatly improved my fitness level (just 2 months ago, I could just bearly break an 8 min mile, now I can run a 6 min mile) and guess what? I feel physically fantastic ;D So, this healthy diet made me feel a bit better, but... Getting into good condition made me feel MUCH BETTER

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #252 on: January 20, 2011, 07:09:24 AM »
I can only speak for myself in this regard, and I basically ate very healthy a few months back (plenty of fresh fruits and vegtables, etc) and honestly I really didn't feel much different. Now, I have greatly improved my fitness level (just 2 months ago, I could just bearly break an 8 min mile, now I can run a 6 min mile) and guess what? I feel physically fantastic ;D So, this healthy diet made me feel a bit better, but... Getting into good condition made me feel MUCH BETTER

How do you know that your diet was that much healthier then? Even (real) expert's opinions on the subject change every year.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #253 on: January 20, 2011, 07:14:02 AM »
How do you know that your diet was that much healthier then? Even (real) expert's opinions on the subjects change every year.
Careful. If you bring such relativism into the argument, you basically void your own thesis.   ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #254 on: January 20, 2011, 07:26:56 AM »
Careful. If you bring such relativism into the argument, you basically void your own thesis.   ;D

Not really since I've never made any claims about health. I'm not a doctor.
Regarding fat loss however, (real) expert's opinions haven't changed in eons.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2011, 07:31:18 AM »
Not really since I've never made any claims about health. I'm not a doctor.
Regarding fat loss however, (real) expert's opinions haven't changed in eons.
Um. You just said they change every year.  ;)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #256 on: January 20, 2011, 09:41:40 AM »
No he didn't. He said that about health, not fat loss.
Fat loss/diet!? Fair enough, but it's a niggardly discrepancy.  (no racist)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #257 on: January 20, 2011, 09:48:48 AM »
The problem is that there is no scientific definition of "clean" food. It's a bullshit made up term. So any discussion about it is pointless.

No scientific definition but its understood that clean food = low fat & low sugar.

I believe clean food is a bit overrated, but I also think if you're eating low calories + junk food its hard to get your min. protein so you are kinda forced to eat clean most of the time.

For example if you're trying to get lean on a 2000 calorie diet with 200 grams of protein, that alone gives 800 calories, so you have 1200 to play with...chances are that even from lean meat sources you'll have an extra 400 calories from animal fat and carbs from sauces to make it taste decent, so now you only have 800 more calories to play with, and you need your fiber...even a high fiber carb source will have a total of about 300 calories to get your daily fiber intake, now you only have 500 calories left, so that's what - one small burger from a fast food restaurant per day?  While most other meals are clean.  That would work, but you're still forced to eat clean most of the time if you want to keep protein high (while not drinking gross whey isolate or egg whites), enough fiber, and low overall calories.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #258 on: January 20, 2011, 10:08:11 AM »
No scientific definition but its understood that clean food = low fat & low sugar.

I believe clean food is a bit overrated, but I also think if you're eating low calories + junk food its hard to get your min. protein so you are kinda forced to eat clean most of the time.

For example if you're trying to get lean on a 2000 calorie diet with 200 grams of protein, that alone gives 800 calories, so you have 1200 to play with...chances are that even from lean meat sources you'll have an extra 400 calories from animal fat and carbs from sauces to make it taste decent, so now you only have 800 more calories to play with, and you need your fiber...even a high fiber carb source will have a total of about 300 calories to get your daily fiber intake, now you only have 500 calories left, so that's what - one small burger from a fast food restaurant per day?  While most other meals are clean.  That would work, but you're still forced to eat clean most of the time if you want to keep protein high (while not drinking gross whey isolate or egg whites), enough fiber, and low overall calories.

i agree with this post.

i couldn't do my diet without protein shakes helping make up the numbers.
175lbs by 31st July

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #259 on: January 20, 2011, 10:26:35 AM »
Why do people insist on eating junkfood on a diet?? You just keep making sorry excuses because you have have a lack of willpower. There is only one way to diet and thats the "hard" way. Clean food, cardio and weight training all the way through. However, throwing in a cheat day once a week will not do any harm and can help kick start your metabolism throughout the next week. But eating bad food consitently on a daily basis on a diet is just wrong. Good luck with hitting your numbers... ::)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #260 on: January 20, 2011, 11:10:47 AM »
Allright wave, my non-healthy diet had ZERO vegtables and ZERO fruits. I basically had my standard breakfast of coffee and cheese. And my other meals were pizzas, cheeseburgers, french fries. Then for my healthy diet I still had the same breakfast, but I eliminated pizzas, cheeseburgers, and french fries, and I replaced them with chicken breasts, protein shakes, and fresh fruits and vegtables. So you tell me, was my second diet "healthier"?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #261 on: January 20, 2011, 11:38:58 AM »
Why do people insist on eating junkfood on a diet?? You just keep making sorry excuses because you have have a lack of willpower. There is only one way to diet and thats the "hard" way. Clean food, cardio and weight training all the way through. However, throwing in a cheat day once a week will not do any harm and can help kick start your metabolism throughout the next week. But eating bad food consitently on a daily basis on a diet is just wrong. Good luck with hitting your numbers... ::)

i've never seen such an ironic, stupid, and contradicting post in all my years here.

i would ask for further chuckles but i've lost the will to live with some of the posts on nutrition here this past week.
175lbs by 31st July

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #262 on: January 20, 2011, 11:43:12 AM »

What is bad food?

che

• Getbig V

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #264 on: January 20, 2011, 11:49:40 AM »
What is bad food?

If you're going to have a meal like lunch and want to eat 800 calories, you can eat steak, potatoes and a fruit salad or yoghurt, OR you can eat a couple of Snickers bars and wash it down with a bottle of Coke. The latter is bad food.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #265 on: January 20, 2011, 11:55:26 AM »
If you're going to have a meal like lunch and want to eat 800 calories, you can eat steak, potatoes and a fruit salad or yoghurt, OR you can eat a couple of Snickers bars and wash it down with a bottle of Coke. The latter is bad food.
Good, common sense answer. Now watch Fats post up his deep-fried sophistry.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #266 on: January 20, 2011, 11:58:57 AM »
i've never seen such an ironic, stupid, and contradicting post in all my years here.

i would ask for further chuckles but i've lost the will to live with some of the posts on nutrition here this past week.

just looking like this should be enough to have that effect on someone.
b

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #267 on: January 20, 2011, 12:11:28 PM »

Explain? How is it contradicting? You mean the having a cheat day once a week thing? Thats perfectly normal on a long diet. Eating bad food throughout the whole week is not.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #268 on: January 20, 2011, 12:17:13 PM »

nothing wrong with having a donut, now if you're constantly binging on them its a different thing.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #269 on: January 20, 2011, 12:22:27 PM »

Sure, but you can have your steak, potatoes and fruit salad for lunch and later in the day have a snickers bar too and nothing bad will happen to you.

Why is a snickers bar bad? Because it has sugar? trans fat? saturated fat?
You can easily fit in a snickers bar into the calorie numbers of your normal diet and be fine eating them every once in a while.

I just don't get the idea of good vs bad foods and 'cheat' meals and the such.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2011, 12:22:47 PM »
nothing wrong with having a donut, now if you're constantly binging on them its a different thing.

Amazing concept

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2011, 12:28:27 PM »
Its all math = you take in less than you need you lose - more you gain. Now health factors are totally different if you eat a high sugar and fat diet everyday you will run into issues sooner or later so healthy or "clean" is best but mixing it up to keep your sanity is best.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »
Its all math = you take in less than you need you lose - more you gain. Now health factors are totally different if you eat a high sugar and fat diet everyday you will run into issues sooner or later so healthy or "clean" is best but mixing it up to keep your sanity is best.

Please stop trying to make sense!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: January 20, 2011, 12:31:40 PM »
A calorie is a calorie

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #274 on: January 20, 2011, 12:32:03 PM »

Please stop trying to make sense!
Yes its getting on my nerves as well time for a drink. 8)