Author Topic: R.I.P. Keith Jones aka Onlyme/Noworries  (Read 365069 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: R.I.P. Keith Jones aka Onlyme/Noworries
« Reply #850 on: January 20, 2011, 10:05:37 AM »
My condolences also, Young.

Jack T. Cross ...... Keith had been calling me "Uncle Bill" for a few years now, but for other reasons ... I also think that he was relatively more concerned about his health.

Hence ... the constant "Thank you"s.

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #851 on: January 20, 2011, 10:09:25 AM »
As of 3:30am this morning, my grandfather did not overcome it. :(
Condolences to you and your family.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #852 on: January 20, 2011, 11:38:59 AM »
Wow, what a shame.

One of the coolest guys on getbig.

R.I.P. big guy.

8)

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
Re: Keith Jones / OnlyMe - The very best contributions
« Reply #853 on: January 20, 2011, 04:03:55 PM »
when he was alive everyone was shiting on him, and now he s dead everyone has tons of positive things to say about someone...most never knew.

Pathetic.

naaaa its not like that son,,,  u say most never knew,,, but its the opposite.... most posters on here knew keith aka onlyme aka noworries and liked him...... sort of guy whos pm inbox was buzzin i'd imagine.....his posts were a big part of this forums history so its safe to say that most ppl knew his character on here maybe very few met him or ever knew him in person though......

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #854 on: January 20, 2011, 04:07:53 PM »
Keith sure posted a lot on Getbig. Early on he was mostly on the History and Stories Board telling his tales. Those stories captured the interest of several people. He also exchanged tales with stuntmovie and Max_Rep and many others. Those who are serious regulars at gyms often become mates and this is true of Keith. He seemed to be buddies with a lot of people he met via training, arm wrestling and promoting events in Hawaii. Big musclemen are often recruited to be bouncers at clubs and this is a way some make a few dollars. It is also a great way to meet gals if you are doing it at a club. Keith was a popular bouncer at Tequilla Willies in Manhattan Beach. Somewhere along the way Keith got interested in parts in movies and commercials. Another easy dollar to popular Keith.

When you read his stories and posts you get to know more about this big guy. His personality and values shine through and you see a good man there. Oh, he didn't suffer fools and via the internet this quality made him look mean. He got into plenty of slugging matches with Goodrum, Adonis and lots of other people for one reason or other. Mostly it was dueling with unknown anonymous people and these nobodies always got to him. Instead of ignoring their taunts he usually told them that he has done more than they ever would and he would rather be fat than a nobody. Well, read the posts here for Keith's words.

He suffered physically, socially and psychologically. The spider bite probably ruined Keith's life. It sure challenged him and he suffered more than we will know. The internet was a catharsis for him and he was able to enjoy himself and get rid of some anger as well. When the anger was about himself it became depression. He literally suffered so badly that he almost gave up and didn't care what he looked like. That led to his eating too much and gaining all that weight. Some of that weight would be fluid retention. You can see that in his swollen bad leg. Every time he committed to getting fit again he would have a relapse and never did get it all together. He sure didn't lose hope and perhaps the taunts here on Getbig helped motivate him.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #855 on: January 20, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »
Keith was a great Getbigger. He survived the taunts and bagging and kept posting. Most of the champs and big guys have disappeared but not Keith. He had to be put in Time out for being naughty. That was our Keith. He didn't give a shit and kept posting to tell it like it was. For a time he was a moderator on the History Board and I guess Ron gave him a lot of leeway. When Onlyme was put in Time out he was back the next day as noworries! Keith was self-taught and street smart. So if he wanted to keep posting on Getbig he would find a way to do it. No one was going to stop him bagging Goodrum! He took that almost as a duty. Someone had to keep the bullshitters down and expose the lies.

I have been around gyms for about 50 years. In that time I have never seen anyone bench press over 500 pounds. I managed to bench 410 which was pretty good in my gym. So to meet a guy who has done over 550 is the stuff of a superman. He beat big Cleve Dean and John Brzenk in arm wrestling. Do you people know what that represents? The guy could have broken just about anyone's arm here in arm wrestling. That is why he never took any shit from the flotsam. He gave as good as he got and maybe better. No matter what was said to bag him he would come back with retorts and putdowns. He sure knew how to handle himself on Getbig and this shows his class and intelligence. It was all in good fun because he didn't take this stuff too seriously. It was all for a laugh and a distraction from his real life which was a challenge towards the end for Keith. Damn, I sure miss that big-hearted guy. We won't see the likes of a guy like him on the net again.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #856 on: January 20, 2011, 04:45:59 PM »

Thank you everyone, but I didn't mean to take anything away from the thread. It's Keith's thread, so lets keep it that way. 8)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #857 on: January 20, 2011, 04:46:53 PM »
Vince, Didn't Keith have really bad diabetes? The poor guys legs looked really painful.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #858 on: January 20, 2011, 04:53:45 PM »

naaaa its not like that son,,,  u say most never knew,,, but its the opposite.... most posters on here knew keith aka onlyme aka noworries and liked him...... sort of guy whos pm inbox was buzzin i'd imagine.....his posts were a big part of this forums history so its safe to say that most ppl knew his character on here maybe very few met him or ever knew him in person though......

Getbig is a dysfunctional family... We can shit on you, but no one else can.

Sure, people fucked with Keith, but people also respected him... You can do both and have both. You have to care about someone enough to fuck with them... There's a thin line between love and hate.

Keith was well liked by a lot of people... sure maybe some people truly didn't like the guy, but they were probably haters.

He was a great getbigger and will definitely be missed.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #859 on: January 20, 2011, 05:43:50 PM »
I agree. On Getbig you get bagged because you piss people off or they are trying to see if they can get you to melt down. Keith never threatened anyone or wanted to sort things out in real life. He knew he could break most dudes arms here....if he could catch them! From reading the threads I don't think he ever melted down. He would get tarred and feathered and pop back up and put these nobodies in place and carry on. In that regard he was an Alpha Male on the forums. He used aliases but everyone knew who he was. Contrast that to big mouths like Goatboy who kept his identity a closely guarded secret. He didn't respect gh15 for his anonymity. Who knows who the people are on the net? We older guys grew up when a guy with big muscles was supposed to be a he-man and not some wimp. There is no need to attack others via some gimmick and think you are being tough. That is the kind of behaviour that Keith didn't approve of. That, and bullshitting like Goodrum does. To Keith, if you say something then make sure you have done it or can back up your claims. He did that with spades.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #860 on: January 20, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »
Sort of an unofficial update ....

1. My cell phone is still non-functional due to some dumb technicality. (I am paid up two months in advance and I are too damn dumb to fix it according to the service provider techs so Jamie is coming over to do that for me. She are smart!)

2. We are all gathering here at the house tomorrow night (Friday) for a BBQ hamburger farewell dinner because some of us will be heading off to LA early next week and then to the Memorial in Hawthorn on the 29th. (Hamburger dinner because a lot of young kids will be here.)

3. Keith's cell phone had Ron A's phone number on it and Jamie tried to call Ron about the question of possible donations but the number did not work so I emailed Ron her email address with the hope that they can discuss that.

If you have any questons that I am capable of answering, feel free to ask.

Thanks again for all the courtesy shown to Keith and his family on this sad occasion. They are holding up well and appreciate everything that is being done on their behalf.

There are family friends here from Texas, Arizona, Hawaii pitching in and making everything proceed as well as possible.

The crying is done until the Memorial in Hawthorn and then the ceremony in Hawaii which is a strong possibility.

Stunt

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #861 on: January 20, 2011, 08:23:12 PM »
Well my goodness, I just read the news that Keith has died.  I will surely miss him.  May the Lord wrap him in his loving embrace for all eternity.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #862 on: January 20, 2011, 09:44:25 PM »
Jack T. Cross ...... Keith had been calling me "Uncle Bill" for a few years now, but for other reasons ... I also think that he was relatively more concerned about his health.

Hence ... the constant "Thank you"s.

Yes, trying to tell to you that he really was very appreciative.  As though he knew there was some urgency in communicating the message.  When it comes to our ends of the road, it makes me think we have an internal clock we're secretly aware of.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #863 on: January 20, 2011, 09:56:13 PM »
It seemed Keith was more inclined to pick on people who were already big targets...like Goodrum and Adonis, for instance.  

Makes me wonder if there were any absolute, definite origins to these feuds.  There's the issue regarding VG's comments about the PDI, etc.  But it seems Keith's "anger" with these guys was displayed just for the sake of it, and it was a lot more bark than bite.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #864 on: January 20, 2011, 10:20:38 PM »
Well my goodness, I just read the news that Keith has died.  I will surely miss him.  May the Lord wrap him in his loving embrace for all eternity.

I like that sentiment!
and keep moving!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #865 on: January 21, 2011, 04:08:36 AM »
 :(

wow...i thought this was a hoax.  damn....i loved to read keith's stories, always asked him to post new ones.

RIP

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #866 on: January 21, 2011, 09:24:41 AM »
I'm a bit surprised by all the Keith photos I've found on this Board and other sites throughout the internet.

I've seen the photos he had at the house but those were relatively few compared to the ones posted on the net.

So I gathered as many as I could together and made a Kodak Gallery Scrapbook which I have been forwarding to his family members and friends.

It any of you GetBiggers would like to take a look, I'll need your real email address to send you an invite to take a look. I think you all have seen most of them here but maybe not.

You'll have to sign up with Kodak Gallery but they don't haunt you from my experience.

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #867 on: January 21, 2011, 12:26:11 PM »
I remember Keith had posted sometime back that he had met Mike Tyson at a party and Tyson gifted him a jacket.
Vince or Stunt can you repost the whole story?please
Thank you. :)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #868 on: January 21, 2011, 03:33:02 PM »
 Re: Tyson - amazing speed punching!
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 09:40:34 PM » Quote 

Quote from: Captain Equipoise on May 04, 2010, 07:00:10 PM
Are you kidding Keith!? he'd be on his knees ready to swallow Tyson's nuts in a heartbeat if he ever met the man..

Tyson is one scary dude, a lot of guys talk big game anonymously on the internet it'd be just a little different in real life.

Keith: Yep guaranteed.  One thing though.  I have met Mike a few times.  i spent quite a bit of time with him back in 88' or so.  We were at a party with Dr. Buss at the Forum in LA.  He was very soft spoken and almost stuck to me like glue.  It was just that I knew so many people there and as famous as he was even then he felt as an outsider I could tell.  he was almost very shy.  I remember him whispering in my ear "I want go, lets go".  Now not a faggy way of saying it (except for the tone), but he was just getting nervous I guess.  Anyway, I can't explain it right but we all ended up leaving.  he was very nice to us. At the time he was living at Chateau Marmont with Don King. My uncle Joe had a photo blown up huge and framed of him and Mike and sent to his place.  He sent me over to pick it up from Mike.  I was about an hour late or so, so when I got there he had to leave and left it for me at the front.  We gave him a jacket like the one I am wearing below.  Somewhere on the History Board I have a photo with Mike but it is gone off my hardrive.  I never saw Mike pissed but I wish I had as long as it was directed at someone else

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #869 on: January 21, 2011, 04:03:38 PM »
Keith's daughter Jaime finally replied to an email I sent her. I sent her some money today to help pay for the funeral. Those who want to help Jaime can email stuntmovie and he can forward her email address. You can send money via Paypal.

Jaime didn't know that Pete Grymkowski was her Godfather. She said she talked to Pete but he couldn't make it to the funeral. That is a real pity. Those two guys were very close for a long time.

I had to give Jaime a link to these threads because she has never read the boards here. Boy, is she in for a surprise!

She told me how very awful it was to be the one that found her Dad dead. She called him daily and when Keith didn't answer his phone after a few attempts she rang the police and they found Keith dead in his bed. How so very sad that things ended like this.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #870 on: January 21, 2011, 05:35:31 PM »
sad day for getbig.com

RIP Keith .

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #871 on: January 21, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
:(

wow...i thought this was a hoax.  damn....i loved to read keith's stories, always asked him to post new ones.

RIP
Me too. I guess dude really did die. Rip
A

newmom

« Reply #872 on: January 21, 2011, 06:55:07 PM »
oh his daughter and grandbaby are to beautiful... :'(

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #873 on: January 21, 2011, 08:14:41 PM »
Hey, Ya'll, this is Stunt with Keith's daughters, Jaime and Cassie. They are here with us for dinner with the  family. We're having BBQ hamburgers because the kids love hamburgers and they have just returned from Mt Charleston after a day of sledding down the side of a snow covered hill for a few hourss.

Jaime and Cassie  have not had a chance to read all of this but they want to take a few minutes and say a few words of there own on behalf of there dad.......

First from Jaime:

Hello everyone, I am so thankful for all of you wanting to help out. My dad loved this site and I can rememeber him being on here all the time. I just joined the getbig community yesterday, my username is fire2b12( i am pretty sure). Its been a hard last couple of weeks for me and my sister and my mom. My dad was my best friend and I talked to him at least 5 times a day. I called him for every thing. He was my rock. He was the best speller that I know of(I am a very bad speller). I just wish that I could have been there to help him. Its been 3 years since I saw my dad. He moved to Vegas in 2008. He never even got to meet his last 2 grand kids. But he loved them so much. I cry over some small things, just because something reminds me of him. But all of these stories that all these people have are TRUELY  helping me heal. The stories make me laugh and I love them.. So thank you so much for helping me smile in these crazy hard times. And I can't wait to read the getbig thread.

And here's Cassie:

Hello everyone, my name is Cassie, for those of you who don't know. well, all of this is really hard for me, it was something i just really didnt expect. my dad was superman, nothing could take him down. im glad to know that  there is so many people that are here to support me and my sister through such  a hard time. im just glad that i was able to see him as many times that i did this year. i just wish he would have swallowed his pride and told me more about how sick he really was so i could have been there. but thats how my dad was, always happy, no matter what he'll always put a smile on ur face. the last thing he wanted was for us was to worry about him. always i will have him with me in the way i am and the things he taught me. i just hope everyone knows and if you really knew him you do, he always stayed a kid at heart, all he ever really wanted was to make everyone happy, and i think he succeeded. i know my heart will never heal but i know he'll protect me. i thank him so much for teaching me to stay so strong. thank you all for being here for my sister and i. hopefully we will meet again and if we haven't i hope we do. i will alwas keep his spirit in me. thanks for listening.  

Always, Cassie Kay Jones

newmom

« Reply #874 on: January 21, 2011, 08:27:09 PM »
Stunt, thanks so much for that video gallery

To cassie and Jaime, my sincerest of sympathies for your loss.  :(