Author Topic: the face book addiction  (Read 6781 times)

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
Re: the face book addiction
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 08:51:43 AM »
I despise the way people try to use it to make their lives seem interesting, GTFO, nobody cares.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 08:53:55 AM »
I don't have facebook.  Everyone that counts to me is in my life already.  What do I need with a bunch of dipwads from past years tracking me down and 'friending' me?  Putting one's life on the internet strikes me as weird.  I enjoy my anonymity.

It's a part of the lifestyle of the upcoming generation who are in their teens and 20s now. Conceptually, it's no different than Getbig, except it has the opposite kind of atmosphere where everyone is nice to each other (for most parts), since it's just people having online conversations with their friends and sharing stuff like pics and related interests.

As with Getbig and other forums, there are those who post trivial, mindless shit, but that's what it is for. The friend finder thing is a big plus for lots of people, since it lets them find people they've fallen out of touch with. It also allows businesses to easily interact with and engage their clientele and prospects for pretty much zero cost and little effort, and is a lot more effective than media advertising. Facebook is HUGE and here to stay.

I still love Getbig and prefer killing time here, though ;D I never post in FB.

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 09:00:50 AM »
It's a part of the lifestyle of the upcoming generation who are in their teens and 20s now. Conceptually, it's no different than Getbig, except it has the opposite kind of atmosphere where everyone is nice to each other (for most parts), since it's just people having online conversations with their friends and sharing stuff like pics and related interests.

As with Getbig and other forums, there are those who post trivial, mindless shit, but that's what it is for. The friend finder thing is a big plus for lots of people, since it lets them find people they've fallen out of touch with. It also allows businesses to easily interact with and engage their clientele and prospects for pretty much zero cost and little effort, and is a lot more effective than media advertising. Facebook is HUGE and here to stay.

I still love Getbig and prefer killing time here, though ;D I never post in FB.

True , true.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 09:24:36 AM »
I find GetBig to be much more rewarding than Facebook.

"1"

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 09:52:56 AM »
I think getbig hates facebook, not because it's stupid and lame  ::), because it's not, it's super awesome.

getbiggers have a hard time representing themselves with pics, videos etc... in facebook it's normal... so all these goblin men and dwarf mutants that dwell here are afraid that place.

ofcourse I could be full of shit, what do I know.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 09:57:41 AM »
I find GetBig to be much more rewarding than Facebook.

"1"

Ditto. But this place is about extreme personalities and over the top, politically incorrect opinions that will never fly in FB. FB is more for the mainstream population who don't share our passion for men in thongs. It has beaten Google to get #1 ranking on the internet, which is nothing short of phenomenal for a relatively new site that is fully content driven - that shows you how popular it is.

People who think FB is lame should see Twitter, which is far worse. Only businesses and perhaps people like celebrities have any business using Twitter. Never understood the common people having 2000+ followers when all they do is post the most retarded thoughts and trivial shit like how they have to pee ::) :-\ ;D

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 10:00:21 AM »
I think getbig hates facebook, not because it's stupid and lame  ::), because it's not, it's super awesome.

getbiggers have a hard time representing themselves with pics, videos etc... in facebook it's normal... so all these goblin men and dwarf mutants that dwell here are afraid that place.

ofcourse I could be full of shit, what do I know.

It's good between actual friends, but people on the whole are irritating. You've got to admit that there are only so many times you can look at photos of middle of the road white people throwing up gang signs and pouting their lips.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 10:04:12 AM »
It's good between actual friends, but people on the whole are irritating. You've got to admit that there are only so many times you can look at photos of middle of the road white people throwing up gang signs and pouting their lips.

let me guess, you had 2000 mafia and farmwillve friends  ::)

what about 500 friends that you know from your school, parties, work, gym? in actual person?

lol, fail

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 10:12:45 AM »
let me guess, you had 2000 mafia and farmwillve friends  ::)

what about 500 friends that you know from your school, parties, work, gym? in actual person?

lol, fail

Guy I have a little over 200, all of which I know from all of those ;school etc, and I don't know for the life of me how to play farmville or mafia wars. Now, Poker, that's different.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »

Guy I have a little over 200, all of which I know from all of those ;school etc, and I don't know for the life of me how to play farmville or mafia wars. Now, Poker, that's different.

I was just refering to your "white peoples dick suck lip poses" etc, as if they were strangers...

but in any case, it's annoying sometimes to see people trying to top everyones status... noone admits it and sayes it directly, but deep down everyone knows that they try to top their status quotes everytime how exciting they are etc  ::)

this flash puts it together just right

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2011, 10:27:23 AM »
Facebook is the Ghey. For attention whores.
Carry on..

It's beyond that, it's Cirque du SoGhey.  Everyone of these clowns wants to be in middle of the mental masturbation in the round that is Facebook.  South Park got it right.

Want to meet people?  Do it in person.  Facelessbook is the Matrix for those unwilling to take on reality. Fuck that "Social Network" noise.   

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2011, 10:30:13 AM »
To be fair it's good for posting random vids that are too random to bring up in regular day conversations. I.E. there's this crazy nutbag from saskatoon who took 12k out of the bank just to settle an online feud.

dogma5914

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2011, 10:35:54 AM »
It was a lot more fun in college when you could learn more about women you'd see everyday. The worst thing they did was opening it up to everyone outside of the ivy league. It was more fun when it had an elitist vibe to it because it was only for the ivy league.

Everyone knew once that happened it would just become a ghetto and classless sesspool (which it is now).

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2011, 10:37:11 AM »
It was a lot more fun in college when you could learn more about women you'd see everyday. The worst thing they did was opening it up to everyone outside of the ivy league. It was more fun when it had an elitist vibe to it because it was only for the ivy league.

Everyone knew once that happened it would just become a ghetto and classless sesspool (which it is now).

qft

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2011, 10:43:11 AM »

Myspace is classless, facebook is more "adult", and the Ivy League-Bush, Clinton, Obama, etc are all part of the Ivy League, and none of them have that "stiff upper lip" vibe...
Besides, The Main Man would not have gotten to be a billionaire if he didn't open it up....besides, there is a bigger pool of better looking women outside the Ivy League---epic not fwd thinking...

Jizzacked

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2011, 10:46:38 AM »
I was talking to an old friend one time and she wanted to show me pictures, but you needed a facebook account to see them all.  reluctantly I obliged and made one.  the next day, I had 3 or 4 'friend invites' all from people I used to know and had no desire to even ever talk to again.  I don't know how the fuck they all found me so fast, but I shitcanned my account that day.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2011, 10:47:52 AM »
I was talking to an old friend one time and she wanted to show me pictures, but you needed a facebook account to see them all.  reluctantly I obliged and made one.  the next day, I had 3 or 4 'friend invites' all from people I used to know and had no desire to even ever talk to again.  I don't know how the fuck they all found me so fast, but I shitcanned my account that day.

for some reason this made me chukle  ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2011, 11:31:57 AM »
fuck facebook.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2011, 11:32:35 AM »

What's a "sesspool"?  Is that how they taught you to spell cesspool at Alcorn State, Mr. not so subtly implying you went to an ivy league school?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2011, 11:37:44 AM »

What's a "sesspool"?  Is that how they taught you to spell cesspool at Alcorn State, Mr. not so subtly implying you went to an ivy league school?

lol

dogma5914

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2011, 12:08:45 PM »
Oh wow. You corrected a spelling error typed on an iphone  ::)

Did that make you feel better for the day? Why would I lie about going to an ivy league school to impress some korean online who probably calls
himself Japanese to make himself look cool to Americans (even though anyone familiar with asian culture knows that koreans are considered filth in asian culture).

Alcorn State. Sorry but what would I be doing going to a HBCU???

It has become an addiction to plenty of people now but it is honestly just corny now! Plain and simple!

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2011, 12:24:09 PM »
Oh wow. You corrected a spelling error typed on an iphone  ::)

Did that make you feel better for the day? Why would I lie about going to an ivy league school to impress some korean online who probably calls
himself Japanese to make himself look cool to Americans (even though anyone familiar with asian culture knows that koreans are considered filth in asian culture).

Alcorn State. Sorry but what would I be doing going to a HBCU???

It has become an addiction to plenty of people now but it is honestly just corny now! Plain and simple!

Funny, my iphone has an automatic spellcheck... and its c key is not next to its s key. :-\

I don't know what kind of issues you have that make you want to impress people online.  :-\

All I know is that you definitely have those issues. ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2011, 12:25:15 PM »
Pfffffftttttt........... ....Pffffffffffffffttttt tttttttttttttt...... CAT FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2011, 12:27:10 PM »
Funny, my iphone has an automatic spellcheck... and its c key is not next to its s key. :-\

I don't know what kind of issues you have that make you want to impress people online.  :-\

All I know is that you definitely have those issues. ;D
quite true...anybody who knows how to phonetically spell, including some hotties I know from Alcorn St, knows that word begins with a "c".

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2011, 12:27:37 PM »
I don't have facebook.  Everyone that counts to me is in my life already.  What do I need with a bunch of dipwads from past years tracking me down and 'friending' me?  Putting one's life on the internet strikes me as weird.  I enjoy my anonymity.

x2