Author Topic: Another Bush in the White House?  (Read 44132 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Another Bush in the White House?
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 08:26:31 AM »
he would tear apart obama, i dont doubt that.

and sure, he'd be more neocon than tea party.

i'd like to see it just for the entertainment value.  All the tea party types would have to suddenly support wars in iran, egypt, syria, whatever cause jeb/FOX are crying about it again.  Ah, the good old days!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 08:28:37 AM »

Doubt it.  People still hate Bush and a great deal of Obamas campaign was linking McCain to Bush claiming more of the same.  I think it would be the exact same thing with Jeb - no matter how hard he tried to differentiate himself.

That dog don't hunt no more. NOW Obama has to run on his own record. He's got 10% unemployment and ObamaCare, hanging around his neck. He's got $3+/gallon gas and bungling foreign policy issues, as well.

Blaming Bush for everything from male-pattern baldness to erectile dysfunction ain't going to cut it, this time.

And it ain't a pretty one. Besides, Obama wanted to run against "Bush". Now, he may (unlikely, though) get the chance.

Jeb has his record in Florida to hold up high. Obama

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 08:43:46 AM »
actually..... if we get another neocon in there, then we'll have to hear all the tea party types (who were silent on borrowing trillions during the bush years) finally STFu about the debt :)

They only get pissed off at govt spending when it's a dem doing it.  When bush wanted to blow another trillion in Iran, they couldn't hoot and holler loud enough.  Let's give em what they wanted.
who said they were silent during the bush years?  They were formed largely in part because of the Bush years.  They were labled paleo conservatives during the Bush years and relegated to nothing.  It doesn't mean they didn't say anything or want to say anything because they did as loud as they could.  If you read some of the stuff written by Pat Buchanan in the Bush years, that shit is awesome and of course Ron Paul.  Several years ago, even before the political board was around, I was on here trying to talk people like BB into reading Pat's shit but nobody gave a shit.  If you go back and read Buchanan's writings from the Bush years, oh yea, it's dead on and contrary to what you've just stated.

Point being that the tea party wasn't silent back then, they were just not known as the tea party.  They were alive and well and it was those years that pissed them off and got them going full steam.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 08:49:47 AM »
240 is playing willfully blind again. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 01:16:05 PM »
That dog don't hunt no more. NOW Obama has to run on his own record. He's got 10% unemployment and ObamaCare, hanging around his neck. He's got $3+/gallon gas and bungling foreign policy issues, as well.

Blaming Bush for everything from male-pattern baldness to erectile dysfunction ain't going to cut it, this time.

And it ain't a pretty one. Besides, Obama wanted to run against "Bush". Now, he may (unlikely, though) get the chance.

Jeb has his record in Florida to hold up high. Obama

Maybe, but I think the campaign will be structured that way. 

240 is playing willfully blind again. 

Blaming the one brother for the sins of the other?  Not really fair.  But, I think that would def. be Obama's tactic.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »
Several years ago, even before the political board was around, I was on here trying to talk people like BB into reading Pat's shit but nobody gave a shit.  If you go back and read Buchanan's writings from the Bush years, oh yea, it's dead on and contrary to what you've just stated.

I disagree.  I remember you posting links from Buchanan and I remember reading them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 04:10:40 PM »
Obama would beat Jeb Bush big, says poll
By: CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Washington (CNN) - Some Republicans continue to hope Jeb Bush will get off the sidelines this presidential election, but a new poll out Monday indicates that President Obama would soundly defeat the former Florida governor.

According to the new survey from Fox News, Obama outpaces Bush by a 54-34 percent margin in a hypothetical head-to-head matchup. That's a significant uptick for the president from a September poll that indicated that Obama would only beat the younger brother of former President George W. Bush by a spread of eight points.

The release of the poll comes two weeks after Bush was featured on the cover of conservative magazine The National Review along with a story that hailed the former governor as a "can-do conservative reformer." In an interview with the magazine, Bush emphatically closed the door to a run in 2012, though left open the possibility of a White House bid in the future.

But National Review editor Rich Lowry later wrote he thinks this is the most favorable election cycle Bush is likely to face, given he has already been out of the governor's office for five years and is by-and-large removed from the public eye.

"No doubt he will have made many contributions to the cause in the interim, but by then his main credential – his governorship and its accomplishments – will seem like yesterday's news. Right now he has the feel of an elder statesman of the party while his time in office is still fresh," wrote Lowry.

The Fox News poll surveyed 911 registered voters nationwide by telephone between February 7-9. It carries a sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/14/obama-would-beat-jeb-bush-big-says-poll/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 04:14:54 PM »
No more damn bushes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 12:10:12 PM »
The Perfect GOP Ticket In 2012 Would Have Jeb Bush and Rob Portman's Names On It
By Juan Williams
Published June 21, 2011
FoxNews.com

A Wall Street Journal/NBC poll reported last week that 45 percent of GOP voters are not satisfied with the candidates running for their party’s presidential nomination.

While the exact same percentage said they are content with the field, the current split is a long way from the same point in 2008 when 72 percent of Republicans said they were pleased with candidates running for the nomination.
The poll comes as the 2012 presidential field is pretty much set.

Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman formally enter the race Tuesday. Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann made her entry official at the beginning of last week’s debate in New Hampshire. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani continue to flirt with running. Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour and Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels have opted against running and so has New Jersey’s brash Gov. Chris Christie. (Christie remains a favorite with the party grassroots. One poll shows him leading the existing field the minute he gets into the race.) No matter how you mix them up, the stubborn fact is that none of the Republican candidates — in or out of the race — shows the power to beat President Obama in the 2012 general election.

This chaotic scene in the Republican primary is enough to prompt early summer fantasies for the GOP faithful. Who would be on the 2012 Republican presidential ticket if a political genius dreamed up the perfect one-two punch to knock Obama out of the White House?

The answer I’m hearing around Washington is former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Ohio Sen. Rob Portman. Bush has said flatly he is not running. Let’s ignore that for now. He would bring in big money from the Republican establishment loyal to his father and his brother, the last two Republican presidents. He and Portman would be a great bet to carry the 47 electoral votes from Florida and Ohio, so creating a huge problem for Obama’s effort to win the 270 electoral votes it takes to claim the presidency.

Candidate Obama won both states in 2008 after George W. Bush captured them in 2004 and 2000. And any backlash against the idea of a third President Bush is not going to be big enough to turn any red state into a blue state. On the other hand, Bush’s brand name, intellect and stable personality could win back some key states for the GOP such as Virginia, North Carolina and Indiana. Obama won those states in 2008 but they traditionally vote Republican in presidential races.

Bush’s appeal also helps with the growing power of Hispanic voters. He is one of the few people in his party who supports comprehensive immigration reform and a pathway to citizenship for undocumented workers currently in the country. With Bush at the top of the ticket, the Republicans may be able to undo the damage the hardliners have done to their brand by opposing immigration reforms like the DREAM Act and the 2007 McCain-Kennedy package. Bush’s appeal to Latinos could make the GOP competitive in states with large Hispanic populations like Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico.

Obama and the Democrats know how important Florida is to their strategy. This is why they selected Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz to serve as chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee last month. In an April poll conducted by the St. Petersburg Times, Bush trounces Obama 57-38 percent in a head-to-head matchup in the Sunshine State. Ever since Barbour and Daniels announced they would not seek the nomination, the GOP establishment has not coalesced around a candidate. Bush fills that void.

The perfect running partner for Bush is Portman. With unemployment hovering around 9 percent, jobs and the economy will be Obama’s biggest vulnerability. To be successful, the Republican campaign will have to make a plausible case that it could do a better job managing the economy. Portman, the former U.S. Trade Representative and President George W. Bush’s budget director can seriously campaign as Mr. Fix-It for the economy.

Bush and Portman can’t be marginalized as Tea Party extremists but they can spout enough hot rhetoric to stir the base. They are also perfectly acceptable to the social, economic and foreign policy conservatives in the Republican camp. The Bush-Portman ticket would satisfy the William F. Buckley rule for Republican Primary voters — pick the most conservative candidate who can win.

But is the perfect GOP ticket strong enough to beat the incumbent? The money among inside political strategists is still on Obama. Maybe that is why Jeb Bush is not running.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/06/21/perfect-gop-ticket-in-2012-would-have-jeb-bush-and-rob-portmans-names-on-it/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 12:10:53 PM »
Hell no! 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 12:21:43 PM »
I love Bush.....

ba doop pshhhhh

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 12:26:40 PM »
The Perfect GOP Ticket In 2012 Would Have Jeb Bush and Rob Portman's Names On It
By Juan Williams
Published June 21, 2011
FoxNews.com

A Wall Street Journal/NBC poll reported last week that 45 percent of GOP voters are not satisfied with the candidates running for their party’s presidential nomination.

While the exact same percentage said they are content with the field, the current split is a long way from the same point in 2008 when 72 percent of Republicans said they were pleased with candidates running for the nomination.
The poll comes as the 2012 presidential field is pretty much set.

Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman formally enter the race Tuesday. Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann made her entry official at the beginning of last week’s debate in New Hampshire. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani continue to flirt with running. Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour and Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels have opted against running and so has New Jersey’s brash Gov. Chris Christie. (Christie remains a favorite with the party grassroots. One poll shows him leading the existing field the minute he gets into the race.) No matter how you mix them up, the stubborn fact is that none of the Republican candidates — in or out of the race — shows the power to beat President Obama in the 2012 general election.

This chaotic scene in the Republican primary is enough to prompt early summer fantasies for the GOP faithful. Who would be on the 2012 Republican presidential ticket if a political genius dreamed up the perfect one-two punch to knock Obama out of the White House?

The answer I’m hearing around Washington is former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Ohio Sen. Rob Portman. Bush has said flatly he is not running. Let’s ignore that for now. He would bring in big money from the Republican establishment loyal to his father and his brother, the last two Republican presidents. He and Portman would be a great bet to carry the 47 electoral votes from Florida and Ohio, so creating a huge problem for Obama’s effort to win the 270 electoral votes it takes to claim the presidency.

Candidate Obama won both states in 2008 after George W. Bush captured them in 2004 and 2000. And any backlash against the idea of a third President Bush is not going to be big enough to turn any red state into a blue state. On the other hand, Bush’s brand name, intellect and stable personality could win back some key states for the GOP such as Virginia, North Carolina and Indiana. Obama won those states in 2008 but they traditionally vote Republican in presidential races.

Bush’s appeal also helps with the growing power of Hispanic voters. He is one of the few people in his party who supports comprehensive immigration reform and a pathway to citizenship for undocumented workers currently in the country. With Bush at the top of the ticket, the Republicans may be able to undo the damage the hardliners have done to their brand by opposing immigration reforms like the DREAM Act and the 2007 McCain-Kennedy package. Bush’s appeal to Latinos could make the GOP competitive in states with large Hispanic populations like Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico.

Obama and the Democrats know how important Florida is to their strategy. This is why they selected Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz to serve as chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee last month. In an April poll conducted by the St. Petersburg Times, Bush trounces Obama 57-38 percent in a head-to-head matchup in the Sunshine State. Ever since Barbour and Daniels announced they would not seek the nomination, the GOP establishment has not coalesced around a candidate. Bush fills that void.

The perfect running partner for Bush is Portman. With unemployment hovering around 9 percent, jobs and the economy will be Obama’s biggest vulnerability. To be successful, the Republican campaign will have to make a plausible case that it could do a better job managing the economy. Portman, the former U.S. Trade Representative and President George W. Bush’s budget director can seriously campaign as Mr. Fix-It for the economy.

Bush and Portman can’t be marginalized as Tea Party extremists but they can spout enough hot rhetoric to stir the base. They are also perfectly acceptable to the social, economic and foreign policy conservatives in the Republican camp. The Bush-Portman ticket would satisfy the William F. Buckley rule for Republican Primary voters — pick the most conservative candidate who can win.

But is the perfect GOP ticket strong enough to beat the incumbent? The money among inside political strategists is still on Obama. Maybe that is why Jeb Bush is not running.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/06/21/perfect-gop-ticket-in-2012-would-have-jeb-bush-and-rob-portmans-names-on-it/

Those political strategists better get their U-Hauls ready, because they could lose their houses, betting on Obama (who now sits at 43% approval according to Gallup).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 12:29:56 PM »
no more damn bushes EVER!   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 12:35:04 PM »
Man thats wild. Im going for Ralph Nader

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 12:38:37 PM »
i like it when a girl trims.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 12:47:55 PM »
no more damn bushes EVER!   

I like Jeb. To me, he was a great governor for the Sunshine State. I guarantee you, if he were governor of New York, you wouldn't be paying the taxes you're paying there.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 01:05:24 PM »
What the fuck are you thinking 240, don't promote Jeb here man... We don't want another fucking Bush.  I'm so happy he's your boy from florida... NOT...  I'll take Bachmann or Palin or whoever else but if you step up with Bush, get ready for a war you won't want.

Another Bush=FUCK OH HELL NO OVER MY......

PS... he's not even from Florida so don't get all loyal.

GOOD POST!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 01:13:03 PM »
What the fuck are you thinking 240, don't promote Jeb here man...

Jeb had the foresight to sign a martial law order, just 4 days before 9/11.

You gotta admire someone with that kind of preparedness.

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 06:50:24 PM »
The Bush's are one of the most evil families in this nation's history.  Fox News sheeple would probably vote anohter one into office though.  Why not continue the monarchy?
Live free or die

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 07:04:40 PM »

Yo i know this isnt getbig fashion, but everyone on this site knows my rep as a stand up guy even if as some people say, its just the internet. But I apologize for those remarks calling you vile.. that was over the top. I know i could have said that in a PM but i called you vile and disgusting on the board so ill apologize publicly as well... 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
Yo i know this isnt getbig fashion, but everyone on this site knows my rep as a stand up guy even if as some people say, its just the internet. But I apologize for those remarks calling you vile.. that was over the top. I know i could have said that in a PM but i called you vile and disgusting on the board so ill apologize publicly as well... 

No prob.   I think I said you were complicit in the destruction of the country.   So we are even.   ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 07:19:16 PM »
I would vote for Jeb in a second...he's the only person I would vote for over Obama

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 07:20:01 PM »
Hell I'd vote for him...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2011, 07:23:05 PM »
I would vote for Jeb in a second...he's the only person I would vote for over Obama

Ill vote for Jerry West.. been puttin killer deals together since 79

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 07:25:17 PM »
Jeb had the foresight to sign a martial law order, just 4 days before 9/11.

You gotta admire someone with that kind of preparedness.
lol