Author Topic: Radical Islam  (Read 103348 times)

Erik C

• Getbig IV
Re: Radical Islam
« Reply #300 on: June 29, 2016, 08:47:46 PM »
Is there really an argument that radical Islam isn't a problem.

Fuck people.

The people who died in turkey were almost all Muslim!

Radical Islam is terrorizing not radical Islam. How does the Muslim community not get pissed off over this?

Islam is a fatalistic religion. If something happens, then it was allah's will, it was written. This is why Islam can easily be beaten, if we had "leaders" with the will to do so. We could nuke mecca, and say to muslims, "See, it happened, so it is allah's will, otherwise it wouldn't have happened. You don't want to disagree with allah, now do you?"

Islam has always been beaten by superior, ruthless, uncaring, and overwhelming force. They lost so allah must be punishing them, is the message muslims got. That sort of will power, and psychological warfare, worked for Chinggis Khan, who never lost a battle with Islam, and they kissed his feet.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2016, 09:22:54 PM »
Islam is a fatalistic religion. If something happens, then it was allah's will, it was written. This is why Islam can easily be beaten, if we had "leaders" with the will to do so. We could nuke mecca, and say to muslims, "See, it happened, so it is allah's will, otherwise it wouldn't have happened. You don't want to disagree with allah, now do you?"

Islam has always been beaten by superior, ruthless, uncaring, and overwhelming force. They lost so allah must be punishing them, is the message muslims got. That sort of will power, and psychological warfare, worked for Chinggis Khan, who never lost a battle with Islam, and they kissed his feet.

I hate to think that in 2016 that is what it takes. I am fearful though that it is. It saddens me.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #302 on: June 29, 2016, 09:32:51 PM »
I hate to think that in 2016 that is what it takes. I am fearful though that it is. It saddens me.

That IS what it takes to defeat islam. A simple case of survival of the fittest. They exist only because of the West's lack of will power.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2016, 05:12:46 PM »
ISIS claims responsiblity after attackers seize hostages in attack on Bangladesh restaurant
Published July 01, 2016
FoxNews.com

DEVELOPING: Up to nine attackers shouting "Allahu Akbar" stormed a popular restaurant in Dacca, Bangladesh Friday, taking hostages and setting off bombs in a siege claimed by ISIS.

The Islamic State's Amaq News Agency said the attack on the restaurant was carried out by "Islamic State commandos," according to the SITE Intelligence Group which monitors jihadist activity.

Bangladesh TV stations reported that the attackers entered the Holey Artisan Bakery in Dhaka's Gulshan area around 9:20 p.m. Friday and were holding customers and staff hostage.

There was no immediate casualty count. However, police told the Associated Press two officers were killed by the attackers.

In addition, hospital authorities said another 25 officers and one civilian were being treated for injuries, including 10 people listed in critical condition, the Associated Press reported. The injuries include bullet wounds and broken bones, the hospital officials said.

The exact number of hostages also was not known. While some reports said there could be up to 60, others put the figure lower.

Italian state TV, quoting the Italian ambassador to Bangladesh, said seven Italians were among the hostages, Reuters reported.

The U.S. State Department said all Americans working at the U.S. mission in the area had been accounted for, according to Reuters.

"We have accounted for all Americans working for the chief of mission authority" in Dhaka, John Kirby, a State Department spokesman said. He called the situation "fluid."

The reports say a huge contingent of security guards cordoned off the area and the restaurant as they traded gunfire with the attackers who set off explosions.

Jamuna Television reported, quoting a kitchen staff worker at the restaurant who escaped the attack, said that the gunmen chanted "Allahu Akbar" as they launched the attack.

Sumon Reza, the worker, told The Daily Star that several armed men entered the restaurant and took hostages.

“They blasted several crude bombs, causing wide-scale panic among everyone.”

Benazir Ahmed, director general of the elite anti-crime force Rapid Action Battalion or RAB, told reporters that security forces were working to save the lives of the people trapped inside. Several foreigners are believed to be among the hostages.

"Some derailed youths have entered the restaurant and launched the attack. We have talked to some of the people who fled the restaurant after the attack. We want to resolve this peacefully. We are trying to talk to the attackers, we want to listen to them about what they want," Ahmed said.

"Some of our people have been injured. Our first priority is to save the lives of the people trapped inside.," he said. He would not confirm the number of those trapped inside.

Earlier this month, authorities in the country rounded up about 1,600 criminal suspects, including a few dozen believed to be Islamist radicals, in a nationwide crackdown aimed at halting a wave of brutal attacks on minorities and activists.

Only 37 of them were suspected to be radical Islamist militants, according to authorities. Those include three charged with alleged membership in the banned militant outfit Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh.

The country saw a significant increase in terrorist attacks in 2015, as groups including ISIS and Al Qaeda targeted foreigners, religious minorities, police, secular bloggers and publishers. ISIS last November called for attacks in Bangladesh in an article in its online magazine, Dabiq.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/01/hostages-reported-in-attack-in-restaurant-in-bangladesh-capital.html?intcmp=hpbt1

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: July 02, 2016, 02:47:46 PM »
That IS what it takes to defeat islam. A simple case of survival of the fittest. They exist only because of the West's lack of will power.

I said I hate to think it is. I understand that just because I don't like it, doesn't mean it's not true.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #305 on: July 02, 2016, 07:00:09 PM »
I said I hate to think it is. I understand that just because I don't like it, doesn't mean it's not true.

Exactly, in the real world, we need to kill all muslims, for the sake of Humanity.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: July 02, 2016, 10:08:18 PM »
Exactly, in the real world, we need to kill all muslims, for the sake of Humanity.

I don't care about eliminating islam. I will eliminate any person who means to do my family harm. Islam, Christian, Mormon. Anyone.

If it is us or them, then I will choose us.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: July 15, 2016, 10:08:57 AM »
2 Americans, 10 children among at least 84 killed in Bastille Day terror attack in Nice
Published July 15, 2016 
FoxNews.com

A father and son from Texas and 10 children are among the 84 people murdered Thursday night when a terrorist plowed an explosives- and weapons-laden truck into a crowd of thousands gathered along a seaside promenade in Nice, France, to watch the city's Bastille Day fireworks.

The driver, who sources identified to Fox News as a 31-year-old Tunisian national, left a mile-long swath of carnage along the seaside walkway before police killed him in a shootout. French authorities did not hestitate to pronounce the attack, which began at 10:40 p.m. local time, an act of terrorism.

"Such a monstrosity," French President Francois Hollande said Friday morning. "France is deeply saddened, but it is also very strong. I can assure you we will always be stronger than the fanatics who are trying to attack us."

There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but two sources, including a U.S. counterterrorism source who collects and monitors jihadist social media, told Fox News that accounts linked to ISIS were “celebratory” and their followers were told to use the hashtag “Nice.”

Social media captures bodies of victims strewn in the street, police officers training their weapons on truck
The Americans were identified by a relative as Sean Copeland, 51, and his 11-year-old son Brodie. They were from the Austin area and were vacationing with other family members, according to relatives.

Hill Country Baseball, an Austin-area Little League where the boy played, also mourned their deaths on its Facebook page. 

"Nobody deserves this type of fate, especially not such a wonderful family," a memorial passage stated. "You are in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers. Rest in peace, Brodie and Sean, you will be remembered by many."

Initial reports said the man, identified as Nice resident Mohamed Bouhlel, was driving alone in a rented truck. Bouhlel, who shot at revelers after driving through the crowd and was then killed by police, was reportedly known to police prior to the attack.

The death toll was confirmed by French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve early Friday morning. A source told Fox News that two Americans – a father and his son – were among the dead in the attack.

Regional President Christian Estrosi also said that more than 10 children were among the dead. A children’s hospital in Nice said it had treated some 50 children and adolescents injured in the attack. Many of the dead were reportedly Muslim, including women whose bodies were seen still clad in the faith's head scarves.

Hollande announced that he would extend France's state of emergency by another three months, until Oct. 26. France has been on its highest state of alert since ISIS terrorists killed 130 people in Paris this past Nov. 13.

Thursday's attack ravaged one of Europe's most scenic tourist destinations.

“Why Nice?" Hollande asked. "Because it is a city that is known through the world – it’s one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Why Bastille Day? Because it is the celebration of liberty.”

The Paris prosecutor's office announced that it was opening an anti-terrorism investigation into the attack. French police conducted several raids in Nice on Friday morning.

Estrosi said some of the city's 1,200 security cameras had pinpointed the moment the attacker boarded the truck, far from the seaside "in the hills of Nice" and could follow his path to the promenade. Estrosi called for the investigation to focus on any accomplices.

A U.S. official told Fox News that the attack was in line with ISIS, which has become "increasingly brazen" in its attacks as it comes under increasing military pressure in Iraq and Syria.

A 2010 edition of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula's propaganda magazine "Inspire" also called on would-be terrorists to "use a pickup truck as a mowing machine ... to mow down the enemies of Allah."

A local government official told Fox News that the truck was driving full speed when it hit the crowd on the Promenade des Anglais, a major boulevard along the Mediterranean Sea.

Damien Allemand, a journalist for Nice-Matin, said the fireworks display was over and people were getting up to leave when they heard a loud noise and screams.

"A fraction of a second later, an enormous white truck came along at a crazy speed, turning the wheel to mow down the maximum number of people," he said. "I saw bodies flying like bowling pins along its route. Heard noises, cries that I will never forget."

Allemand said people took shelter in a nearby restaurant, where he continued to hear people shouting for missing family members. He ventured out and saw bodies, blood and body parts all along the road.

"This evening, it was horror," Allemand concluded.

Nice-Matin posted an image of the truck on Twitter, captioning it, "The truck that drove into the crowd."

Another witness, Wassim Bouhlel, told The Associated Press that he saw the truck drive into the crowd, then witnessed the driver emerge with a gun and start shooting.

"There was carnage on the road," Bouhlel said. "Bodies everywhere."

Video showed men and women -- one or two pushing strollers -- racing to get away from the scenes. And, in what appeared to be evidence of a gun battle, photos showed a truck with at least half a dozen bullet holes punched through its windshield.

Graphic footage showed a scene of horror up and down the Promenade, with broken bodies splayed out on the asphalt, some of them piled near one another, others bleeding out onto the roadway or twisted into unnatural shapes.

"Help my mother, please!" one person yells out amid a cacophony of screaming and crying. A pink girl's bicycle is briefly seen overturned by the side of the road.

Nice's public prosecutor told reporters early Friday that bodies of the victims were scattered for over a mile.

Another witness, identified only as Chloe, told FranceTV Info, "We heard gunfire, a lot. A crowd came to us and told us to run ... We went into a tapas bar and hid in the bathroom for half an hour.

"We went out and again we heard people running and saying 'truck, truck,' so we hid in the bathroom for an hour. The manager took us out by the back door and then I went home."

In addition to extending the country’s state of emergency and the Sentinel operation with 10,000 soldiers on patrol, Hollande said he was calling up "operational reserves," those who have served in the past and will be brought in to help police, particularly at French borders.

He reiterated that France is also bolstering its presence in Iraq and Syria, where he said earlier that military advisers would be on the ground to help Iraqis take back the Islamic State stronghold of Mosul.

President Obama said he condemned "what appears to be a horrific terrorist attack" in the strongest terms.

"On this Bastille Day," Obama said, "we are reminded of the extraordinary resilience and democratic values that have made France an inspiration to the entire world, and we know that the character of the French Republic will endure long after this devastating and tragic loss of life."

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump announced late Thursday that he would postpone the announcement of his running mate, which had been scheduled to take place Friday morning.

France's ambassador to the United States, Gerard Araud, characterized the events in Nice as a "terrorist attack."

"Our democracies -- France, the United States, our other partners, we are besieged, we face a terrible threat," Araud said at a Bastille Day reception at the French Embassy in Washington late Thursday.

Flags were lowered to half-staff in Nice and in Paris. Marseille also canceled their fireworks celebrations for Friday.

July 14 is a national holiday in France that commemorates the storming of the Bastille prison in Paris and the start of the French Revolution.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/15/2-americans-10-children-among-at-least-84-killed-in-bastille-day-terror-attack-in-nice.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: July 20, 2016, 05:52:47 PM »
US intel bulletin warns of persistent threat from 'Western female violent extremists'
By  Matthew Dean 
Published July 20, 2016
FoxNews.com

Two women with family ties to Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik, seen here, were charged in an immigration fraud case in April. (US Customs and Border Protection/Handout)

The U.S. intelligence community is warning law enforcement agencies around the country of persistent terror threats posed by radicalized Western women.

In a Joint Intelligence Bulletin – or JIB – distributed Tuesday and obtained by Fox News, the FBI, Department of Homeland Security, and National Counterterrorism Center note a “continued trend of Western female violent extremists… engaging or attempting to engage in plotting against targets in the West, including their home countries.”

The information was circulated after a review of recent arrests, as well as observations made following successful and disrupted plots.

The agencies find that extremist-sympathizing Western women “are likely to continue” to follow persistent calls by terror groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda to plot and/or carry out lone wolf-style terror attacks in their home countries or other Western nations.

Additionally, FBI, DHS and NCTC warn of the women’s potential role in carrying digital surveillance of potential targets over the Internet through a practice known as “doxing.” Doxing leverages publicly available information on the web to plot attacks against specific individuals or locations.

“Western female violent extremists have also demonstrated an ongoing interest in conducting supportive activities such as fundraising or traveling to marry foreign fighters, according to a body of court documents, press reporting, and public social media postings,” the Joint Intelligence Bulletin went on to warn.

Since January 2015, fourteen women have been implicated in terrorism cases or charged with crimes related to terror attacks in the United States, according to data from the Justice Department.

The most recent charges came in April in an immigration fraud case against two women with family ties to San Bernardino gunman Syed Farook and his wife and co-attacker Tashfeen Malik.

In its latest assessment, FBI, DHS and NCTC also note the global trend of Western female violent extremists going down the path to terrorism at a younger age. The Joint Intelligence Bulletin specifically cites several cases in which European female teens either attempted or conducted attacks on behalf of a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) or tried to travel to ISIS-controlled territory in Iraq and Syria.

“We remain concerned Western female violent extremists who are unable or unwilling to travel abroad could instead choose to engage in violence at home,” the intelligence bulletin added.

Neither the FBI nor DHS would comment directly on the Joint Intelligence Bulletin.

In an emailed statement, an FBI spokesperson told Fox News, “As part of the continuous dialogue with our law enforcement partners, the FBI routinely shares information about potential threats to better enable law enforcement to protect the communities they serve. We urge the public to remain vigilant and report suspicious activity to law enforcement.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/20/us-intel-bulletin-warns-persistent-threat-from-western-female-violent-extremists.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: July 26, 2016, 10:19:57 AM »
That Jihad Attack on the Orlando Gay Nightclub Never Happened, Says President Obama

AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais
by NEIL MUNRO
25 Jul 20161,907

Do you remember the June 12 jihad attack by a Muslim that killed 49 Americans in the Pulse gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida? It was a big thing in the media at the time, complete with reports about a cellphone confession by the jihadi, and evidence that his immigrant Muslim family knew about the planned jihad attack.

Well, you imagined it, see, because the extensively documented jihad attack didn’t happen, President Barack Obama told the world on Sunday.

It was just “a deranged man killing scores of people,” Obama insisted to CBS.  No jihad there, he says.

But it was also terrorism deliberately designed to terrify, although it was done by a deranged man, he insisted, without explaining how a deranged man can plan a deliberate terror attack.

“We’ve had a terrorist attack in Orlando, although it does not appear externally motivated, but a deranged man killing scores of people,” he told CBS’s Sunday show, Face The Nation.

That claim seems unfounded, incoherent, and improper.

It is improper because Obama’s law-enforcement deputies are investigating the attack, and Obama should not be suggesting that his political preferences override a criminal investigation.

Obama’s no-jihad-here interpretation of the evidence is unfounded because of the government-supplied text of the killer’s coherent and consistent statements to the 9-1-1 services, in which he identified himself as a Islamic volunteer of the Islamic jihad army run by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the self-described, properly appointed, Allah-approved Islamic leader of the Islamic State’s Islamic army in Islamic Syria.

Police: Orlando Police Dispatcher

Killer: Omar Mateen

Police: Emergency 911, this is being recorded.

Killer; In the name of God the Merciful, the beneficial [in Arabic]

Police: What?

Killer: Praise be to God, and prayers as well as peace be upon the prophet of Allah [in Arabic]. I let you know, I’m in Orlando and I did the shootings.

Police: What’s your name?

Killer: My name is I pledge allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi of the Islamic State.

Police: Ok, What’s your name?

Killer: I pledge allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi may Allah protect him [Arabic], on behalf of the Islamic State.

Police: Alright, where are you at?

Killer: In Orlando.

Police: Where in Orlando? [End of call].

The plain-spoken statement made by the Muslim killer shows no sign of mental derangement, but merely compliance with orthodox Islamic scriptures that urge the killing and terrorization of non-Muslims. In fact, he cleared up his personal finances and family issues before the attack, and repeatedly tried to clear up potential confusion in Obama’s Oval Office by calling himself an “Islamic soldier.” This combination of planned terror, murderous cruelty and Islamic self-identification is too coherent to be considered deranged, and also too Islamic to be seen as purposeless, random terrorism. So it is difficult to see how Obama can describe him as both a “terrorist” or a “deranged man” — but not a jihadi.

But Obama knows best, as he told CBS on Sunday. “Terrorism is a real threat. And nobody knows that better than me.”

Obama doesn’t believe the United States of America can fix the jihad problem soon — even though it is the home of 300 million Americans, the U.S military, Silicon Valley and Hollywood, with a $18 trillion economy. “It is going to be an ongoing threat for some time … ISIL is being defeated in Syria and Iraq. But we’re going to have circumstances in which small cells, individuals are going to be able to do some harm to innocent people,” says Obama.

Obama’s strategic problem is that he can’t admit that jihad is part of Islam without also denigrating the Islamic theology that is embraced by the Islamic immigrants that he wants to bring into the United States. That denigration would be bad for Islam and Islamic immigration, so he’s decided that the best way to fight Islam’s jihad is to bring even more Islamic believers — AKA potential jihadis — into the United States.

One of the best ways of preventing [terror attacks] is making sure that we don’t divide our own country .. that we don’t succumb to fear, that we don’t sacrifice our values, and that we send a very strong signal to the world and to every American citizen that we’re in this together …  [if] we start suggesting that we would apply religious tests to who could come in here, that we are screening Muslim-Americans differently than we would others, then we are betraying that very thing that makes America exceptional and that, by the way, has helped to insulate us from some of the worst, you know, patterns of terrorist attacks, because the Muslim-American here — community here feels deeply American and deeply committed to upholding the rule of law and working with law enforcement and rejecting intolerance and extremism that’s represented by the perversions of Islam that ISIL is sending out to the Internet or carrying out in the Middle East. But that requires leaders, political leaders, religious leaders, business leaders, all of us, to send a very clear signal that we are not going to be divided in that fashion.

Obama doesn’t like using the term “radical Islam” because U.S.-based Islamist groups don’t want him to do so, he said.

The reason that I haven’t used the particular phrase “radical Islam” on a regular basis is because, in talking to Muslim allies, in talking to the Muslim-American community here, that was being heard as if we were ascribing to crazy groups like ISIL or al Qaeda the mantle of Islam. And since we need them as allies, I think it’s useful for us to listen to how the president of the United States’ words and messages are being received, because, if we’re going to defeat those organizations, we need help from the billion-plus Muslims in this world, so that they can help root out this perversion of Islam that’s taking place.

Admittedly, the Islamic groups recognized by Obama as legitimate leaders of the growing Islamic population in America are actually entwined with jihadis and a Islamic revolutionary group, the Egypt-based Muslim Brotherhood.

For example, the Council on American-Islamic Relations is so closely entwined with Islamists and with jihadis that court documents and news reports show that at least five of its people — either board members, employees or former employees — have been jailed or repatriated for various financial and terror-related offenses.

CAIR has been declared a terrorist organization by the United Arab Emirates and was named by federal prosecutors as an unindicted co-conspirator in a Hamas-funding operation.

Breitbart News has published evidence highlighted by critics showing that CAIR was named an unindicted co-conspirator in a Texas-based criminal effort to deliver $12 million to the Jew-hating HAMAS jihad group, was founded with $490,000 from HAMAS, and that the FBI bans top-level meetings with CAIR officials. “The FBI policy restricting a formal relationship with CAIR remains … [but] does not preclude communication regarding investigative activity or allegations of civil rights violations,” said an Oct. 2015 email from FBI spokesman Christopher Allen.

In 2009, a federal judge concluded that “the government has produced ample evidence to establish the associations of CAIR… with Hamas.” CAIR posts its defense here.

Moreover, Obama’s  Islamic-friendly strategy doesn’t seem to be working — multiple Islamic groups in the United States have rejected Obama’s proposed alliance that would require them to suppress pending jihadi attacks.

Obama’s insistence that the Islamic groups have nothing to do with Islamic terrorism is also handcuffing FBI anti-jihad programs into the myriad Islamic jihad suspects and groups in the United States, just as if the FBI’s anti-Mafia investigators had been told that the Mafia’s “social clubs” were legitimate enterprises and immune from surveillance.

Obama was more expansive about America and Islam earlier this month, when he described Americans’s love of their own culture, and their natural hostility to Islamic ideology, as an animal-like “impulse” that needs to be suppressed by governments.

I think have to step back [from the Nice jihad truck attack] and reflect on what we are doing to eliminate this kind of chronic violence. It’s been a difficult several weeks in the United States.  But the divide … is between people who recognize the common humanity of all people and are willing to build [international] institutions that promote that common humanity, and those who do not — those who would suggest that somebody is less than them because of their tribe, or their ethnicity, or their faith, or their color.  And those impulses exist in all our countries.  And those impulses, when we do not speak out against them and build strong institutions to protect people from those impulses, they can take over, they can be unleashed — so that all of us [international leaders] have responsibilities.

At the same meeting with ambassadors, Obama also declared that “Islam [is] a religion that teaches peace and justice and compassion.”

The political reason for Obama’s support of Islamic immigration is printed in his 2006 autobiography. “In my mind, at least, the fates of black [Americans] and brown [immigrants] were to be perpetually intertwined, the cornerstone of a [political] coalition that could help America live up to its promise” of progressive government in perpetuity, he wrote in his 2006 book, “The Audacity of Hope.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/25/orlando-jihad-pulse-never-happened-obama/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: July 26, 2016, 10:21:30 AM »
Priest murdered during Mass in terror attack on Catholic church in France
Published July 26, 2016 
FoxNews.com

Two knife-wielding attackers who had pledged allegiance to ISIS, shouting "Allahu Akbar," slit the throat of an 86-year-old priest and critically wounded at least one other person during a Tuesday morning terror attack on a Catholic church near the Normandy city of Rouen, officials said.

The terrorists, who were later shot and killed by police, forced priest Jacques Hamel to kneel before they slaughtered him, and the Islamist attackers captured the bloody episode on film, according to a nun who escaped the assault.

Priest Jacques Hamel was killed in a terror attack on a France church.

"They forced him to his knees. He wanted to defend himself. And that's when the tragedy happened," said the nun, identified as Sister Danielle.

"They recorded themselves. They did a sort of sermon around the altar, in Arabic. It's a horror," she told BFM television.

The church is in the French region of Normandy.

ISIS' Amaq news agency said the France attack was carried out by two Islamic State "soldiers," Reuters reported.

"[ISIS] has declared war on us," French President Francois Hollande said Tuesday. "We must fight this war by all means, while respecting the rule of law -- what makes us a democracy."
The priest, identified by Sky News as Hamel, was dead at the scene, and another person, was clinging to life, Interior Ministry spokesman Pierre-Henry Brandet said.

"Everyone knew him very well," Claude-Albert Seguin, 68, said of Hamel. "He was very loved in the community and a kind man."

The killing Tuesday inside the church, in the small northwestern town of Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray, "is obviously a drama for the Catholic community, for the Christian community," Brandet told reporters.

The church was reportedly on a "hit list" discovered at the residence of a would-be ISIS attacker in April 2015, The Sun reported. Sid Ghlam was believed to be planning "imminent attacks" in France when investigators arrested him. Officials allegedly uncovered an arsenal of weapons and found that Ghlam was talking with someone in Syria who had ordered him to strike specific churches -- including the one in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray.

One of Tuesday's attackers was on the radar of French police and had traveled to Turkey, said Mohammed Karabila, president of the Regional Council of the Muslim Faith for Haute-Normandie.

"The person that did this odious act is known, and he has been followed by the police for at least a year and a half," he told the AP.

Karabila said the attacker "went to Turkey and security services were alerted after this."

The attackers, who were not immediately identified, entered through the back door of the church and took the priest, two nuns and two parishioners hostage during morning Mass, police said.

Police responded and later confirmed that the attackers had been "neutralized," Sky News reported. Three hostages were rescued in good condition, while another was taken away on a stretcher, according to reports.

French prosecutors said one person had been detained in connection with the assault. That person, however, was not named and any possible role in the attack wasn't revealed.

Hollande and Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve were heading to the northwestern town of Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray where the hostage-taking took place, Brandet said.

Brandet, speaking later on BFM TV, said the RAID special intervention force was searching the church and its perimeter for possible explosives. Terrorism investigators had been summoned, he said.

Vatican Spokesperson Greg Burke told Fox News, Pope Francis was "shocked" especially because the attack "happened in a house of worship." He added the Pope was "…praying for the victims of the attack."

France is currently on high alert after an attack in Nice on Bastille Day — July 14 — that killed 84 people and a string of deadly attacks last year claimed by ISIS that killed 147 victims.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/26/priest-murdered-during-mass-in-terror-attack-on-catholic-church-in-france.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: July 27, 2016, 09:51:37 AM »
Video captures ISIS killers using nuns as human shields after slaughtering French priest
Published July 27, 2016 
FoxNews.com

The two self-proclaimed "soldiers of ISIS" who stormed a church in northern France during Mass Tuesday and slit the throat of an 85-year-old priest held nuns at gunpoint as they tried to flee, in a dramatic moment caught on video just before police marksmen killed them.

Video posted on the French news site Le Telegramme captures the jihadists, who had earlier pledged allegiance to ISIS, as they spill out of the church, using the nuns as human shields.The killers, identified by police as Adel Kermiche and Abdel Malik, shout “Allahu Akbar” as they run from the church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray, each holding a gun to the head of a nun as police snipers take aim.

The video, which is trained on the church and a parking lot, shows a group of heavily armed French police moving in unison outside the church. Toward the end of the footage, gunshots ring out.

Authorities in France are working to piece together any security lapses leading up to the attack. France's anti-terrorism prosecutor said one of the men in the attack evaded police twice using relatives' ID cards in attempts to reach Syria.

Paris prosecutor Francois Molins told reporters that Kermiche was wearing an electronic surveillance bracelet when he and another attacker slit the throat of a priest in the town of Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray Tuesday. Kermiche and the other assailant were killed by police.

Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray (76). Prise d'otages ŕ... by Letelegramme
Molins said the bracelet was deactivated for a few hours every morning, corresponding with the time of the attack.

He said Kermiche was arrested in Germany in March 2015 trying to join extremists in Syria using his brother's ID, and then was arrested in Turkey two months later using a cousin's ID.

A family friend says Kermiche had a sister who is a doctor in the nearby city of Rouen, and a brother. Their mother is a professor. The family alerted authorities to his radicalism to try to stop him from going to Syria, the friend said.

Molins said the person who was injured in the attack is no longer in life-threatening condition.

French President Francois Hollande is vowing to win his country's war against terrorism.

In a televised address to the nation Tuesday, he said: "To attack a church, kill a priest, is to profane the republic."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/27/video-captures-isis-killers-using-nuns-as-human-shields-after-slaughtering-french-priest.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: August 01, 2016, 04:39:22 PM »
ISIS details 'Why We Hate You' in new magazine
Published August 01, 2016
FoxNews.com

In the new edition of its full-color, glossy magazine, ISIS mocks those who claim Islam is a peaceful religion, and even wades into the controversy surrounding Donald Trump and the parents of a dead Muslim U.S. soldier.

The 15th issue of Dabiq, published on July 31, is titled “Break The Cross” and appears to be primarily directed at those that ISIS considers its enemies, particularly Christians. One section is devoted to the words and actions of Pope Francis and is headlined “In The Words Of Our Enemies.” An editorial titled “Why We Hate You and Why We Fight You” takes aim at Westerners and “apostate ‘Imams’ in the West” who refuse to define ISIS’ motivation as being Islamic. ISIS calls this rhetoric purely political.

The new issue of ISIS' magazine is called "Break The Cross." (MEMRI)

“Many Westerners, however, are already aware that claiming the attacks of the mujahidin to be senseless and questioning incessantly as to why we hate the West and why we fight them is nothing more than a political act and a propaganda tool,” the article says. “The politicians will say it regardless of how much it stands in opposition to facts and common sense just to garner as many votes as they can for the next election cycle.”

The argument echoes a current debate in the U.S. between some on the right who have been vocal about challenging high-ranking left-leaning politicians to specifically label the ISIS threat as “radical Islamic terror.” President Obama has said on multiple occasions that he has refused to use the term in an effort to avoid lending religious legitimacy to the terror group.

The ISIS author of the “Why We Hate You” piece aims to settle the argument, and “clarify” in “unequivocal terms” that ISIS is Islamic. The author says that those on the “social fringe” who identify Islam with ISIS are correct.

The magazine featured a section called "Why We Hate You." (MEMRI)

“There are exceptions among the disbelievers, no doubt, people who will unabashedly declare that jihad and the laws of the Shari’ah – as well as everything else deemed taboo by the Islam-is-a-peaceful-religion crowd – are in fact completely Islamic, but they tend to be people with far less credibility who are painted as a social fringe, so their voices are dismissed and a large segment of the ignorant masses continues believing the false narrative,” the article says.

Showing just how quickly the magazine was produced – and how intently members of ISIS watch U.S. politics – an image in the publication shows the grave of Capt. Humayun Khan, who was killed in Iraq in 2004. Khan’s parents rebuked Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump during a speech at the Democratic National Convention last week, prompting Trump, in turn, to criticize their “right” to censure him in front of a national audience. Adding its own voice to the debate, ISIS declares in a caption below Khan’s grave that the soldier is an “apostate” of the Muslim religion and urges other Muslims to “beware” a similar fate.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/08/01/isis-details-why-hate-in-new-magazine.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: August 15, 2016, 04:21:55 PM »
Commission on Radical Islam?  Meh.

Trump Pins ISIS on Obama, Says Hillary Too Weak to Take It On
By Bill Hoffmann   |    Monday, 15 Aug 2016

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump says Hillary Clinton lacks the "mental" and "physical" stamina to take on the Islamic State (ISIS) and defeat the global threat of "radical Islamic terrorism."

Trump said he will create a "Commission on Radical Islam" to establish protocols in identifying and stopping terrorists.

He likened it to fighting organized crime — singling out the Mafia — saying law enforcement would be allowed to "viciously, if necessary" take terrorists out.

"In America, we have seen one brutal attack after another.... In Europe, we have seen the same carnage and bloodshed," Trump said Monday during a policy speech in Youngstown, Ohio, on his plans to defeat ISIS.

"We cannot let this evil continue.... We will defeat radical Islamic terrorism."

Trump called the rise of ISIS the "direct result" of policies initiated by President Barack Obama and Clinton, his former secretary of state.

Either mentally or physically, Clinton does not have the ability to make the decisions to destroy ISIS and its ongoing spread throughout the world, he said.

And with Obama unable to frame the world carnage as the work of "radical Islamic" terror groups, he lacks the "moral clarity" to be president, as does his potential successor Clinton, according to Trump.

Obama and Clinton have allowed the Islamic State to become a potential "dominant world power," Trump said.

He described Clinton's policy decisions in Libya as a "total disaster."

The fight will not be limited to ISIS, Trump said, adding, "We will decimate al Qaida."

Trump also said the United States will work in tandem with "moderate Muslim reformers."

"Extreme Vetting" I call it. Extreme, extreme vetting. Our country has enough problems, we don’t need more," Trump said.

He said when he takes office he will work with the State Department and Department of Homeland Security to identify countries "where adequate screening cannot take place."

Trump also believes a Clinton administration will welcome more immigrants into the United States.

"Hillary Clinton wants to be America's Angela Merkel," he said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Donald-Trump-Hilary-Clinton-ISIS-radical-Islamic-terrorism/2016/08/15/id/743675/#ixzz4HRiYpTvs

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: August 30, 2016, 10:15:23 AM »
Depraved new ISIS video shows child executioners gunning down Kurds
Published August 26, 2016 
FoxNews.com

A stomach-turning new video released Friday by ISIS shows the depraved terrorist army’s so-called “cubs” executing five Kurdish fighters, as well as a twisted montage of mass murder in the name of Allah.

The 9-minute video was posted online by ISIS leaders in its stronghold of Raqqa, Syria, under the title, "The Nations [are] Uniting Against You." It was first reported by Middle East Media Research Institute, which tracks terrorist groups’ communication throughout the region.

The children exclaim "Allah Akbar!" before dispatching their victims. (MEMRI)

"What lies between me and you are days that make young men turn old,” warns one child identified as Abu Al-Baraa Al-Tunisi, as he and the others point handguns skyward. “The war against you has not started yet and the U.S., France, the U.K., Germany, and neither humans nor Jinn devils will avail you. Prepare you coffins, dig your graves, and await a fate similar to that of these men."

With that, the children, who appear to be as young as 10 years old, shout “Allah Akbar,” lower their guns and shoot the kneeling men in the backs of their heads.

The other children are identified as Yousouf Al-Ozbaki, Abu Fuad Al-Kurdi, Abu Ishaq Al-Masri and Abu Abdalla Al-Britani, whose name indicates he is British.

The video ends with a warning to Shia Muslims - and more executions. (MEMRI)

ISIS has released several videos showing its enemies’ executions, including some by children. But Friday’s video was believed to be the first showing a mass execution carried out by multiple children, who are known as the “cubs” of the black-clad jihadist group.

"ISIS wants to you to know that their children will continue their jihad, and that killing current fighters isn't much of a net gain if their many offspring will replace them," said Ryan Mauro, a national security analyst with Clarion Project, which tracks the international terrorist threat. "For ISIS, this is a show of strength; that even their little kids are capable of violent devotion beyond what their enemies' adults can muster."

The video begins with masked fighters beheading and shooting five men accused of being members of Sahawat militias. One of the fighters delivers a message to the Sahawat calling on them to repent before ISIS finds them.

"Allah's willing," he said "we will cut off your heads and purify the earth of your filth," the fighter states.

The video intersperses scenes of kiling with depictions of destruction across ISIS' caliphate and civilians who purportedly were killed in allied airstrikes.

The group also levels threats at President Obama and Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad.

The video ends with an ISIS fighter threatening Shia Muslims, who have historically been at odds with the Sunnis who include ISIS.

"Today, we kill your sons here, and tomorrow [we will kill them] in Qardaha, Tartus and Lattakia, Allah's willing," before he and three other fighters execute four men accused of being Syrian soldiers.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/08/26/depraved-new-isis-video-shows-child-executioners-gunning-down-kurds.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: September 06, 2016, 07:56:55 PM »
Muslims complain about town's 9/11 memorial
By Todd Starnes 
Published September 06, 2016 
FoxNews.com

A photograph of the new memorial. (Photo Courtesy of WICZ)

A group of New York Muslims has taken offense at a small town’s new memorial honoring those who died in the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks.

The Islamic Organization of the Southern Tier fired off a letter to city leaders in Owego – alleging that words engraved in the granite memorial would encourage hatred toward Muslims.

Click here to join Todd’s American Dispatch: a must-read for Conservatives!

The memorial, which will be dedicated on Saturday, identifies those responsible for the attacks as “Islamic terrorists.”

That’s a problem for the Islamic Organization of the Southern Tier, based in nearby Johnson City, N.Y.

A spokesperson told our Fox television affiliate that having the words “Islamic terrorists” on the monument is a “broad brush against the many Muslims who live in the Southern Tier.”

“They want us to change the word from ‘Islamic Terrorist’ to either ‘terrorist’ or ‘Al Qaeda terrorist,’” City Manager Donald Castelluci told me. “I sent them back an email saying I disagreed with their premise 100 percent.”

The entire inscription reads:

“On September 11, 2001 nineteen Islamic terrorists unsuspectedly boarded four airliners departing east coast airports to hijack the planes and carry out a series of coordinated attacks against the United States. This is a tribute to all the lives lost that day and to the heroic sacrifice of all who rushed to help. As Americans, we honor their memory by living our lives in freedom. We will never forget.”

Mr. Castelluci said they have no plans to change a single letter in the town’s memorial.

“I don’t live in a politically correct world,” he told Fox affiliate WICZ. “I live in a historical fact world…whether it’s American, homegrown, Christianity, Islamic, you call it what it is. And we don’t whitewash things, especially here.”

Amen, Mr. City Manager!

“This is not about religion,” he told me. “It’s about one event on one day that killed more than 3,000 people.”

I reached out to the Islamic Center of the Southern Tier but they did not respond to my inquiries.

I want to commend Mr. Castelluci and the good people of Owego for refusing to bow at the altar of political correctness.

The facts surrounding 9/11 are very clear. Islamic radicals committed jihad on American soil. They were not shouting, “Jesus Saves” when they flew those jetliners in the buildings.

On Saturday, the citizens of Owego will commemorate the 15th anniversary of that terrible day by dedicating their memorial park – a park that honors a local resident who died in one of the twin towers.

His name was Derek Statkevicus and he worked on the 89th floor of 2 World Trade Center. And his life was taken by an Islamic terrorist.

That’s a fact.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/09/06/muslims-complain-about-towns-911-memorial.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: September 19, 2016, 11:02:59 AM »
FBI INVESTIGATES MINNESOTA STABBINGS AS POSSIBLE TERROR ACT
BY JEFF BAENEN AND AMY FORLITI
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Sep 18, 2016

ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) -- A man in a private security uniform stabbed nine people at a Minnesota shopping mall, reportedly asking one victim if he or she was Muslim before an off-duty police officer shot and killed him in an attack the Islamic State group claimed as its own.

None of the nine people who were stabbed in Saturday night's attack received life-threatening wounds, St. Cloud police Chief Blair Anderson said. He said it doesn't appear that anyone else was involved in the attack at the Crossroads Center in St. Cloud, which began at around 8 p.m. and was over within minutes.

At a news conference Sunday, FBI Special Agent-in-Charge Rick Thornton said the attack was being investigated as a possible act of terrorism and that agents were still digging into the attacker's background and possible motives. Authorities were looking at social media accounts and the attacker's electronic devices and talking to his associates, Thornton said.

An Islamic State-run news agency, Rasd, claimed Sunday that the attacker was a "soldier of the Islamic State" who had heeded the group's calls for attacks in countries that are part of a U.S.-led anti-IS coalition.

It was not immediately clear if the extremist group had planned the attack or even knew about it beforehand. IS has encouraged so-called "lone wolf" attacks. It has also claimed past attacks that are not believed to have been planned by its central leadership.

Authorities didn't identify the attacker, but the Star Tribune of Minneapolis said the man's father identified him as Dahir A. Adan, 22. Speaking to the newspaper through an interpreter, Ahmed Adan, whose family is Somali, said his son was born in Africa and had lived in the U.S. for 15 years.

A spokesman for St. Cloud State University confirmed that Adan was a student there, but has not been enrolled since the spring semester. Spokesman Adam Hammer said Adan's intended major was information systems, which is a computer-related field.

Ahmed Adan said police told him around 9 p.m. Saturday that his son had died at the mall, and that police had raided the family's apartment, seizing photos and other materials. He said police said nothing to him about the mall attack, and that he had "no suspicion" that his son had been involved in terrorist activity, the newspaper reported.

Anderson said police had had three previous encounters with the attacker, mostly for minor traffic violations.

According to Anderson, the attacker, dressed in a security uniform and wielding what appeared to be a kitchen knife, began attacking people right after entering the mall, stabbing people in several spots inside the building, including corridors, businesses and common areas.

Five minutes after authorities received the first 911 call, Jason Falconer, a part-time officer in the city of Avon, shot and killed the attacker. Anderson said Falconer fired as the attacker was lunging at him with the knife, and continued to engage him as the attacker got up three times.

"He clearly prevented additional injuries and potential loss of life," Anderson said. "Officer Falconer was there at the right time and the right place," he said.

Anderson earlier said the man reportedly made at least one reference to Allah and asked a victim if he or she was Muslim before attacking them.

Leaders of the Somali community in central Minnesota united to condemn the stabbings. They said the suspect does not represent the larger Somali community, and they expressed fear about backlash over the attack.

Minnesota has the nation's largest Somali community, with census numbers placing the population at about 40,000. But community activists say the population - most of it in the Minneapolis area - is much higher. The immigrant community has been a target for terror recruiters in recent years. More than 20 young men have left the state since 2007 to join al-Shabab in Somalia, and roughly a dozen people have left in recent years to join militants in Syria. In addition, nine Minnesota men face sentencing on terror charges for plotting to join the Islamic State group.

For years, law enforcement officials have worried that young Somalis who embrace radical messages might carry out violence in the U.S. While the motive in Saturday's stabbings isn't yet known, if it turns out to be a terrorist attack, it would be the first carried out by a Somali on U.S. soil, said Karen Greenburg, director of the Center on National Security at Fordham University School of Law.

The attack in St. Cloud, a city of about 65,000 people 60 miles (95 kilometers) northwest of Minneapolis, began shortly after an explosion in a crowded New York City neighborhood injured 29 people. A suspicious device was found a few blocks away and safely removed. Hours before that, a pipe bomb exploded in Seaside Park, New Jersey, shortly before thousands of runners were due to participate in a charity 5K race. There was no immediate indication that the incidents were linked.

The mall remained closed Sunday. Of the nine victims - seven men, a woman and a 15-year-old girl - three remained hospitalized, officials said.

Photos and video of the mall taken hours after the incident showed groups of shoppers waiting to be released, including some huddled together near a food court entrance.

Harley and Tama Exsted, of Isle, were in St. Cloud to watch their son play in a college golf tournament and were in the mall when the attack happened.

"All of a sudden I heard pop, pop, pop," Harley Exsted told the St. Cloud Times. "I thought someone tipped over a shelf. All of a sudden these people started running. I just saw everybody running our way."

The couple were unharmed and said they helped another woman who was running from the scene to her car.

Falconer, who was shopping when he confronted the attacker, is the former police chief in Albany, which is about 15 miles northwest of St. Cloud, and the president and owner of a firing range and firearms training facility, according to his LinkedIn profile. His profile says he focuses on firearms and permit-to-carry training, and also teaches "decision shooting" to law enforcement students at St. Cloud State University.

No one answered the door late Sunday at a home address listed for Falconer, and a voicemail box for a telephone listing was full and not accepting new messages. In a brief interview with the Star Tribune, Falconer said he had "been trying to stay away from it all, for the time being."

He told the newspaper he wasn't hurt and declined to talk further, citing the ongoing investigation for not saying more.

--

Associated Press writer Bassem Mroue in Beirut, Lebanon, contributed to this report. Forliti reported from Minneapolis.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MALL_ST_CLOUD_MINNESOTA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-09-18-09-40-44

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: September 19, 2016, 11:06:06 AM »
Officials capture Afghan-born man sought in connection with New York, New Jersey bombings
Published September 19, 2016  FoxNews.com

Ahmad Khan Rahami, the man sought in connection with weekend bombings in New York and New Jersey, was taken into custody after a shootout with police on Monday morning, multiple law enforcement sources confirmed to Fox News.

Authorities had launched a dragnet earlier Monday in search of the 28-year-old Afghan-born man, whom they described as being "armed and dangerous"

A naturalized U.S. citizen, Rahami was wanted for questioning regarding the Saturday night blast in New York's Chelsea neighborhood, an explosion in New Jersey's Seaside Park on Saturday morning and a foiled bomb attack Sunday night near a train station in Elizabeth, NJ.

Two officers were wounded in the gun battle in Linden, NJ where Rahami was captured, but the cops were not believed to have been seriously hurt, authorities said.

Linden Mayor Derek Armstead said the episode began when the owner of a bar reported someone asleep in the doorway of his business on Monday morning. A police officer went to investigate and recognized the man as Rahami, police and the mayor said.

Rahami pulled a gun and shot the officer -- who was wearing a bulletproof vest -- in the torso, and more officers joined in a running gun fight down the street, eventually bringing Rahami down, police Capt. James Sarnicki said.

News cameras showed Rahami being loaded into an ambulance on a stretcher. He appeared to be conscious and looking around.

Linden is about four miles from Elizabeth, where Rahami was last known to have lived. The FBI had launched a raid at his apartment, located above a fried chicken restaurant, on Monday morning. Elizabeth is also the city where investigators discovered five suspicious devices -- one of which exploded while a bomb squad robot tried to disarm it -- near a train station on Sunday night.

"Today I believe we're going to find out that [the bombing] was influenced by foreign sources," Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday on "Fox & Friends."

Two U.S. officials told Reuters on Monday that the bomb plot likely involved several individuals, a revelation that came hours after federal authorities on Sunday night conducted a traffic stop in Brooklyn of a “vehicle of interest” in the bombings. A law enforcement source told Fox News that a “number of individuals” who are possibly connected to the explosions were taken into custody. At least five men were being questioned, The Associated Press reported.

A weapons stash was found in the vehicle and investigators were trying to determine if the occupants were attempting to drive out of town or take a plane, The New York Daily News reported.

The FBI said in a statement that no one had been charged with any crime and the investigation was ongoing.

Following the Chelsea explosion -- which injured 29 people -- on West 23rd Street at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, police found a second, unexploded device four blocks away. The device was described as a pressure cooker with wires and a phone attached. The contraption, which bore a resemblance to the bomb used in the 2013 Boston Marathon attack, was placed in a plastic bag.

Officials said Rahami's fingerprint was found on the unexploded bomb on West 27th Street.

The Chelsea bombing came 11 hours after a pipe bomb exploded about 80 miles south in a New Jersey garbage can near the route of a charity 5K race. That explosion occurred in Seaside Park, a borough about 60 miles from Elizabeth. No one was injured in that blast. Runners were slated to be near the location of the explosion when it went off, but the race was delayed after an unattended backpack was discovered.

Authorities said the New York and New Jersey bombs used flip phones as detonators. Several media outlets also reported the New York bombs contained shrapnel consisting of ball bearings and BBs.

Fox News' Rick Leventhal and Matt Dean and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/19/person-interest-to-named-in-nyc-bombing.html

James

« Reply #318 on: September 19, 2016, 11:55:18 AM »

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #319 on: September 19, 2016, 12:02:10 PM »

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #320 on: September 19, 2016, 12:27:48 PM »

+1

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #321 on: September 19, 2016, 12:32:37 PM »
Officials capture Afghan-born man sought in connection with New York, New Jersey bombings
Published September 19, 2016  FoxNews.com

Ahmad Khan Rahami, the man sought in connection with weekend bombings in New York and New Jersey, was taken into custody after a shootout with police on Monday morning, multiple law enforcement sources confirmed to Fox News.

Authorities had launched a dragnet earlier Monday in search of the 28-year-old Afghan-born man, whom they described as being "armed and dangerous"

A naturalized U.S. citizen, Rahami was wanted for questioning regarding the Saturday night blast in New York's Chelsea neighborhood, an explosion in New Jersey's Seaside Park on Saturday morning and a foiled bomb attack Sunday night near a train station in Elizabeth, NJ.

Two officers were wounded in the gun battle in Linden, NJ where Rahami was captured, but the cops were not believed to have been seriously hurt, authorities said.

Linden Mayor Derek Armstead said the episode began when the owner of a bar reported someone asleep in the doorway of his business on Monday morning. A police officer went to investigate and recognized the man as Rahami, police and the mayor said.

Rahami pulled a gun and shot the officer -- who was wearing a bulletproof vest -- in the torso, and more officers joined in a running gun fight down the street, eventually bringing Rahami down, police Capt. James Sarnicki said.

News cameras showed Rahami being loaded into an ambulance on a stretcher. He appeared to be conscious and looking around.

Linden is about four miles from Elizabeth, where Rahami was last known to have lived. The FBI had launched a raid at his apartment, located above a fried chicken restaurant, on Monday morning. Elizabeth is also the city where investigators discovered five suspicious devices -- one of which exploded while a bomb squad robot tried to disarm it -- near a train station on Sunday night.

"Today I believe we're going to find out that [the bombing] was influenced by foreign sources," Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday on "Fox & Friends."

Two U.S. officials told Reuters on Monday that the bomb plot likely involved several individuals, a revelation that came hours after federal authorities on Sunday night conducted a traffic stop in Brooklyn of a “vehicle of interest” in the bombings. A law enforcement source told Fox News that a “number of individuals” who are possibly connected to the explosions were taken into custody. At least five men were being questioned, The Associated Press reported.

A weapons stash was found in the vehicle and investigators were trying to determine if the occupants were attempting to drive out of town or take a plane, The New York Daily News reported.

The FBI said in a statement that no one had been charged with any crime and the investigation was ongoing.

Following the Chelsea explosion -- which injured 29 people -- on West 23rd Street at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, police found a second, unexploded device four blocks away. The device was described as a pressure cooker with wires and a phone attached. The contraption, which bore a resemblance to the bomb used in the 2013 Boston Marathon attack, was placed in a plastic bag.

Officials said Rahami's fingerprint was found on the unexploded bomb on West 27th Street.

The Chelsea bombing came 11 hours after a pipe bomb exploded about 80 miles south in a New Jersey garbage can near the route of a charity 5K race. That explosion occurred in Seaside Park, a borough about 60 miles from Elizabeth. No one was injured in that blast. Runners were slated to be near the location of the explosion when it went off, but the race was delayed after an unattended backpack was discovered.

Authorities said the New York and New Jersey bombs used flip phones as detonators. Several media outlets also reported the New York bombs contained shrapnel consisting of ball bearings and BBs.

Fox News' Rick Leventhal and Matt Dean and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/19/person-interest-to-named-in-nyc-bombing.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: September 19, 2016, 02:31:12 PM »
LOL!   ;D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #323 on: September 19, 2016, 02:37:09 PM »
Nice little Super Beetle fading away with a flat tire, probably left for good in that lot.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: September 19, 2016, 03:23:00 PM »
Bomb suspect Rahami a deadbeat, hated America, says his daughter’s mother
By  Perry Chiaramonte, Robert Gearty 
Published September 19, 2016

The man who police nabbed and shot Monday after a day-long dragnet in connection with a series of terror attacks in and around New York was a bad father who disliked America, hated gays and took long trips to his homeland of Afghanistan, according to the mother of his young daughter.

Maria, whose full name is being withheld by FoxNews.com, said her high school sweetheart, Ahmad Khan Rahami, didn’t pay child support and often railed against American culture. The 26-year-old, who spoke after her grandmother called her for a reporter who produced his press credential and identified himself at the grandmother’s home in Elizabeth, said she had not seen Rahami in two years.

"He would speak often of Western culture and how it was different back home,” she said. “How there weren't homosexuals in Afghanistan.

The break came when a Linden, NJ, police officer recognized Rahami.

"He seemed standoffish to American culture, but I never thought he would cross the line," she added.

Rahami, 28, was identified by authorities early Monday, following a weekend of possibly related bombings in Seaside Park, N.J., and the Chelsea section of Manhattan. In addition, five homemade bombs were found in Elizabeth late Sunday, including one that was detonated by police. Authorities told Fox News Rahami’s fingerprint was found on an unexploded bomb discovered in Manhattan Saturday night, and it is believed the same person or persons were behind the bombs, none of which caused fatalities.

Five men detained in connection with the probe after a traffic stop in Brooklyn were released Monday, and authorities said they do not believe the bombs were the work of a terror cell.

The family's restaurant was closed down after issues with local code enforcement officers.

Maria recalled one chilling exchange in which the father of her child – a “class clown” in high school – demonstrated his hatred for the U.S. military.

"One time, he was watching TV with my daughter and a woman in a [military] uniform came on and he told [their daughter], 'That's the bad person,'" she said.

It was not clear when Rahami’s family came to the U.S., but officials said Rahami, who worked at one of his family’s restaurants, First American Fried Chicken, in Elizabeth, is a U.S. citizen. That restaurant is now closed after long-running code-enforcement problems with city inspectors, according to Elizabeth officials.

Rahami was taken into custody late Monday morning after a shootout with police in Linden, N.J., near Elizabeth after the FBI circulated a wanted poster. No one was killed in the shootout, and Rahami was seen being placed in an ambulance just before noon.

At Edison High School, where Rahami and Maria met, Rahami got along with classmates and was known as the class clown, she said. But he often criticized American culture, comparing it to the strict Islamic code of his homeland.

"I never thought he would do something like this,” she said through tears. “I think he was brainwashed.”

Maria recalled that Rahami would often go back to Afghanistan to see family, and would stay for weeks, or even months. Right before their daughter was born, Rahami was in Afghanistan and had trouble returning because authorities in Afghanistan confiscated his passport for unknown reasons, Maria said. The last time Maria knows that Rahami visited his homeland was nine years ago. He brought back a wife and another child, she said.

Maria did not say what prompted their breakup, and cut the interview short saying she did not want to speak to a reporter. But she did say she did not want Rahami around their daughter, whom she did not name.

"I didn't want him to see my daughter,” she said. “If he loved her, he would have paid child support. My greatest fear is that he would try to take my daughter."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/19/bomb-suspect-rahami-deadbeat-hated-america-says-his-daughter-s-mother.html