Author Topic: Mega Guess Who  (Read 42572 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Mega Guess Who
« on: August 26, 2005, 03:11:30 AM »
This thread will be dedicated to ONLY Guess Who pics.  We have allot of knowledgable people on this board.  This thread will test your memory and jog your memory at the same time.  The old-timers are the ones who paved the way for bodyuilding.

If you can find a "Now" pic of an old-timer please post.  In fact post a "now" pic and lets see if we can guess who it is and show how they have changed over the years

It was so much fun back then.  Not to knock today BB, but I think most of us agree that is was a whole lot funner and interesting back in the heyday.

Here are a couple fairly easy ones.  I remember talking with the first one on many occassions.  For months I never knew who is was.  When I found out,  it  was allot more memorable and interesting to talk to him.

Sorry if you guys think this is stupid.  I rather like the past a whole better than nowadays.  If you don't like it we can get rid of it.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: Mega Guess Who
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 08:49:54 AM »
the black dude in the second pic looks like Leroy Colbert.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 09:21:20 AM »
First pic: Don't know but looks like an old Italian sand & sandel flick, probably late 50's earily-mid 60's.

Second pic: Nicky Adams (who killed himself). Mickey Hargaty (misspelled name big time) married to Jane Mansfeild and who's daughter is doing very well on L&O SVU. Gentleman on the right looks a lot like the great Joe Louis though I'm probably wrong.

Side bar: speaking of sand & sandel pic's anyone know what happened to Gordon Scott? He played Tarzan for awhile. Lot of the old timer BB'ing vet told me that he had a greater natural potentional than Steve Reeves. Seen old pic's of him and his shoulder width was something else. As was his deep rib box and small waist. They tell me he workout lighly & did a lot of swimming. An old guy I used to know said he saw him a lot around the Bert Goodrich gym in Hollywood before he got into the business.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 11:08:10 AM »
Wow yes it's Joe Louis and Mickey.  I am really surprised you haven't figured out the first one.  Please everyone post some pics of some legends for us to guess.

Gary

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 12:31:54 PM »
Ist pic is Brad Harris

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 04:35:35 PM »
Leroy Colbert ..... I believe I just ran into Leroy a few weeks ago. If it was him, he is owner/manager of a health food store just west a bit of Studio City about a mile or two west of the old Vince's Gym location.

I was in a rush to get back to the car which was illegally parked and intended to return for a short visit, but the opportunity to chat never arose again.

I am 99.9% sure it was Leroy. Anyone else know for certain?

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 08:45:18 PM »
Leroy Colbert ..... I believe I just ran into Leroy a few weeks ago. If it was him, he is owner/manager of a health food store just west a bit of Studio City about a mile or two west of the old Vince's Gym location.

I was in a rush to get back to the car which was illegally parked and intended to return for a short visit, but the opportunity to chat never arose again.

If I am not mistaken he used to have ads in muscle and fitness with his pic and caption first man to build 20" arms....the ads were for his health food store, but don't remember where it was

619Rules

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 10:40:51 PM »

I have heard that Leroy does have a health store in tat area-so you are right Stunt-now where is my muscle beach picture CD?

If I am not mistaken he used to have ads in muscle and fitness with his pic and caption first man to build 20" arms....the ads were for his health food store, but don't remember where it was

Leroy had massive guns in those ads. Him and Dave Draper back in the 60's and 70's ran Joe Weiders supplement/equipment warehouse together, they both worked for Joe in New jersey and both moved out to CA when Joe moved.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 11:01:19 PM »
Okay who are these.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 08:14:29 AM »
Even though some people think all the brothers look alike I'm still going with Joe Lewis in the first set of pictures. Colbert had pretty near 21" arms and that gentleman would have a noticeable bulge in his arm sleeve which he doesn't. He is also older looking for a younger Colbert at that time. That looks like some old studio PR or pub setup photo selling something or somebody. So they get the actor, fitness guy and ex boxer together for a shoot.

In the second set of pic that would be Zabo on the bottom. Top guy I do not know though I want to say a guy named Brown from Orange county. Forgot his first name. Is it Arron?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 12:00:20 PM »
Yes it is Joe Louis the boxer with Mickey.  Yes that Zabo (Chief), no not Brown

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 03:50:02 PM »
A couple of real oldies.  Anyone know any of these guys, from the heyday

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 05:09:31 PM »
Issac (spelled wrong?) Berger jerking the bar...former Olympic games lifter. I was told he most always  had sun glasses on like that other Olympic lifter Dave Ashman around Bergers time. Don't know the BB'er but he must be 75 years old now. No matter what year some women are still attractive.

Wait a minute isn't that a guy named Lentz or something like that?

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2005, 05:38:42 PM »
Here's a big  f   ker for ya .....

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 07:24:05 PM »
that dude has a hell of a build, looks like a jacked up version of the Rock.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2005, 06:34:32 PM »
It's a young S.S.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2005, 04:06:14 AM »

619Rules

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 01:42:39 PM »
guess who's, got any females?

Yes, females, but must have big boobies...... ::)

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005, 01:53:26 PM »
Here's a big  f   ker for ya .....

That's J.S.  He was a big dude.  He competed mostly in NABBA, right?

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2005, 06:01:22 PM »
That's J.S.  He was a big dude.  He competed mostly in NABBA, right?

Yes that's JS and he competed in AAU, NPC and NABBA.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2005, 01:33:38 PM »
Old and Newer

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2005, 06:24:49 PM »
Old and Newer

before photo shop programs exsisted

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2005, 07:12:43 PM »
obviously steve reeves.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2005, 03:41:56 AM »
is that a pic of Aaron Baker
Scouser on Tour

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2005, 03:44:09 AM »
that bif Fker you said looks like the late , great Sonny Schmidt minus his moustache. Masters Olympia 1995
Scouser on Tour