Author Topic: Obama's illegal war  (Read 66720 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Obama's illegal war
« Reply #675 on: June 06, 2011, 06:14:11 PM »
LIBYA: ALGERIAN ARMY CLASHES WITH INFILTRATING REBELS

(ANSAmed) - ROME, JUNE 6 - For the first time, the Algerian Army fought Libyan rebels who - taking advantage of a football match between Algerian and Morocco on Saturday - infiltrated into Algerian territory in order to try to take control of the Libya-Algeria border checkpoint in the area of Debdab in the extreme southeast of the country. Clashes between the Algerian Army and Libyan rebels lasted until yesterday morning, according to Algerian daily Al Nahar Al Jadeed. The Libyan rebels, underlined the daily, tried to surprise the pro-Gaddafi forces that control the border checkpoint on the Libyan side by launching an attack from Algerian territory. The attempt by the Libyan rebels, explained the daily, failed thanks to the fast reaction of the Algerian Army, which forced the Libyan rebels to retreat after violent clashes. (ANSAmed).

http://www.ansamed.info/en/news/ME.XEF22439.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #676 on: June 06, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »
damn.... nato killing kadaffi's men.... and the rebels getting killed off too?

I know i've been saying it for months... but to me it really looks like the mission is to kill as many libyans with weapons as possible, whether they're rebels (some of which are al-Q) or they're under kadaffi.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #677 on: June 06, 2011, 06:20:41 PM »

I know i've been saying it for months... but to me it really looks like the mission is to kill as many libyans with weapons as possible, whether they're rebels (some of which are al-Q) or they're under kadaffi.

Can you substantiate that or is this another OBL moment with you? Color me surprised that you're trying to paint Obama as some master manipulator and tactician here. Really, I'm stunned by this about-face from you.  ::)

It's nothing more than incompetence of the highest order from a man that hasn't the faintest fucking idea in the world what he's doing with regards to foreign policy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #678 on: June 06, 2011, 06:27:12 PM »
Yeah ok 240.  That's why obama invited the rebels to establish an official office in wash dc.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #679 on: June 06, 2011, 06:28:44 PM »
Yeah ok 240.  That's why obama invited the rebels to establish an official office in wash dc.

This guy defends literally 100% of everything this guy does. He will not criticize anything.

But don't worry, he voted Barr.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #680 on: June 06, 2011, 06:36:14 PM »
Can you substantiate that or is this another OBL moment with you?

It's nothing more than incompetence of the highest order from a man that hasn't the faintest fucking idea in the world what he's doing with regards to foreign policy.

maybe it's incompetence.  I'm not trying to analyze the motives or obama or un or anyone else, really.  I''m looking at the results...

neither side is winning.  both sides getting killed left and right.

Maybe it has to go on for 1, 2, 5 years of dead libyans with weapons before my theory could be proven, who knows.  

But I believe the US, the UN, Obama, whoever... sure does love seeing lots of libyans blown up, sure.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #681 on: June 06, 2011, 06:38:54 PM »
Along w the us const. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #682 on: June 06, 2011, 06:39:56 PM »

This is true.  At the DOD we're typically briefed on how many Libyan's we kill each morning.  From there we do a lot of high-fiving, some low-fiving, and then dance to "Just can't get enough" - and that's just before the 1st of our 3 morning doughnut breaks.

It's actually my job to draw little tiny guns on the people you see in the aerial photographs (for kicks I make it look like the kids are walking around with uzi's - sucka's at Strategic Air Command are totally fooled).

Well, once again you've outed our massive conspiracy....back to the drawing board. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #683 on: June 06, 2011, 07:36:05 PM »
hahahahhahha!!!!!!!!!!  awesome post :)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #684 on: June 06, 2011, 07:37:17 PM »

This is true.  At the DOD we're typically briefed on how many Libyan's we kill each morning.  From there we do a lot of high-fiving, some low-fiving, and then dance to "Just can't get enough" - and that's just before the 1st of our 3 morning doughnut breaks.

It's actually my job to draw little tiny guns on the people you see in the aerial photographs (for kicks I make it look like the kids are walking around with uzi's - sucka's at Strategic Air Command are totally fooled).

Well, once again you've outed our massive conspiracy....back to the drawing board.  

Are there holograms involved? I mean, if OBL's wife could use them then why not you guys or these rebels?

maybe it's incompetence.  I'm not trying to analyze the motives or obama or un or anyone else, really.  I''m looking at the results...

neither side is winning.  both sides getting killed left and right.

Maybe it has to go on for 1, 2, 5 years of dead libyans with weapons before my theory could be proven, who knows. 

But I believe the US, the UN, Obama, whoever... sure does love seeing lots of libyans blown up, sure.

You're such a fucking retard it's astounding. You know why no one is winning? Because, as was touched on MONTHS AGO by people who know a hell of a lot more about this stuff than you do, no one wins a war like this without boots on the ground. And I'm not talking about a handful of special operations teams that are probably having their hands tied behind their backs by your God-King.

You really do defend everything Obama does and you never stop trying to paint him as the master of everything he touches. Sorry, you're not convincing anyone, you DNC shill. He is failing miserably in Libya. I don't know why you're surprised given that failure is the name of his game.

Come on, tell us again how you're really a conservative who voted Barr. I need a good laugh.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #685 on: June 06, 2011, 07:54:12 PM »
Are there holograms involved? I mean, if OBL's wife could use them then why not you guys or these rebels?

:D

My clearance isn't high enough to know.  You better check with 240 and SAMSON/JAG.  They're usually "in" on the top top secret stuff - I just handle Bilderburg shit and below.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #686 on: June 06, 2011, 07:55:49 PM »

My clearance isn't high enough to know.  You better check with 240 and SAMSON/JAG.  They're usually "in" on the top top secret stuff - I just handle Bilderburg shit and below.

Your Google-fu isn't strong enough yet, young padawan. The only solution is for you to drop everything and move into a trailer in some Florida swamp.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #687 on: June 06, 2011, 07:56:19 PM »

You are on a roll. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #688 on: June 06, 2011, 08:03:49 PM »
Your Google-fu isn't strong enough yet, young padawan. The only solution is for you to drop everything and move into a trailer in some Florida swamp.

lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #689 on: June 06, 2011, 08:44:51 PM »
Obama to pressure Merkel on Libya
Published: 6 Jun 11 08:57 CET

US President Barack Obama will ask Angela Merkel for a stronger German contribution to the military intervention in war-torn Libya when the chancellor visits Washington on Monday, according to a media report.
Germany in 2011: Economic giant, political dwarf - Analysis & Opinion (31 May 11)
“I look forward to discussing with the Chancellor how we can enhance our work together to more effectively address the changes underway in the region, including in Libya,” Obama told the Monday edition of Berlin daily Der Tagesspiegel.

He praised Germany’s pledge to provide indirect military support for the struggle against the Libyan leader, Muammar Qaddafi, who has since February been brutally suppressing an uprising that has evolved into a civil war in which thousands have been killed.

But he also said that people in Libya, Egypt and other north African countries going through political upheaval deserved the help of Germany and the US.

“We know that there are many challenges ahead in the Middle East and North Africa. These are not easy transitions and they will take time. But, as I’ve said, this is also an historic moment of opportunity.

“The demands for political and economic reform that are coming from the people of the region are legitimate and must be addressed. Violence against peaceful protesters is unacceptable and must stop.”

Traditional German allies the US, Britain and France are using missile strikes and a no-fly zone to protect civilians and help the rebels fighting Qaddafi’s forces, in a military intervention coordinated by NATO. Germany, however, refused to participate.

Obama quoted something Merkel herself had said: “Freedom does not come about of itself. It must be struggled for, and then defended anew, every day of our lives.”

This refusal, as well as Germany's abstention in the UN Security Council vote on a resolution authorizing the use of force, annoyed allies including Washington. Relations between Germany and the US are widely thought to have cooled lately. Many German commentators noted the fact that Obama skipped Germany during his recent European tour on which he visited Ireland, Britain, France and Poland.

Obama is set to present Merkel with the Washington the Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honour in the United States. He praised the chancellor as a “good friend” of America and “one of my closest global partners.”

“My friendship with Chancellor Merkel is based on my deep respect and admiration for her as a leader and the fact that I trust her when she makes a commitment,” he said.

“I consult with the Chancellor on every important issue on my international agenda and I very much appreciate her pragmatism and her straight talk.

“We don’t always agree on everything; no two allies do. But in our meetings and discussions, we always speak honestly and openly, as close friends should, and I believe that our approach to shared challenges is stronger because of it.”

Click here for a transcript of Obama's interview.

The Local/djw

http://www.thelocal.de/politics/20110606-35481.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #690 on: June 07, 2011, 05:51:48 AM »
Obama Kills the War Powers Act. The President simply ignores the law.
National Review ^ | 06/07/2011 | Rich :Lowry

________________________ ________________________ __

Somewhere, Richard Nixon is smiling. In 1973, he vetoed the War Powers Act, insisting that it was unconstitutional. Congress overrode him, but almost every one of Nixon’s successors has agreed with his assessment of the resolution.

It took Pres. Barack Obama, though, to rip the War Powers Act into little pieces and sprinkle it over his Libyan intervention like the confetti in a premature victory parade.

The thrust of the War Powers Act is clear enough: Sixty days after reporting the start of a military intervention, the president must secure congressional authorization or a declaration of war, or remove our forces. Presidents have typically acted “consistent with,” but not “pursuant to,” the law’s provisions — basically, humoring Congress while never conceding the law’s constitutional legitimacy.

President Obama is dispensing with all pretense. He’s simply ignoring the law. This is the kind of highhandedness that Dick Cheney was always accused of, although the Bush administration was old-fashioned enough to get prior congressional approval of its wars.

Obama launched the Libya War on his say-so, and doesn’t even want to bother to explain to Congress why the War Powers Act doesn’t apply to a conflict begun some 80 days ago. On Libya, the Obama administration is making a gigantic rude gesture to Congress and all the liberal professors and national-security experts who have made such a fetish of the War Powers Act through the years.

Before tangling with Moammar Qaddafi, Obama counted himself among their number. As a senator, he maintained, “The president does not have the power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.”

President Obama joins a long list of presidents going back to Thomas Jefferson whose views of the limits of executive power didn’t survive their first contact with the presidency.

President Obama isn’t doing his reputation for consistency or the legal theories of his supporters any favors, but he is paying a backhanded compliment to the Constitution. The War Powers Act is an excrescence on the American constitutional order that deserves to be the dead letter that President Obama is making it. The president’s inherent powers as commander in chief do not depend on affirmative acts of Congress.

What Congress can do is wield its own powers — most decisively, the appropriation of funds — to limit or end a military action. Of course, Congress usually refuses to do that, since it involves an action for which it could be held politically accountable. Predictably, the grand confrontation between the legislative and executive branches over Libya has been an instance of the cowardly fighting the disingenuous.

The Obama administration implausibly pretends that the president’s posture hasn’t changed on the War Powers Act. A spokesman argues that its briefings of members of Congress constitute compliance. But the resolution doesn’t call for collegial chats after 60 days. The administration’s other possible defenses — that Libya isn’t really a war, that it’s a piddling war, that we are “leading from behind” — don’t help, either. The act doesn’t make exceptions for small, euphemistic wars waged under NATO auspices by reluctant presidents.

If this were the Bush administration, Nancy Pelosi would be agitating for impeachment. Yale law professor Bruce Ackerman has written in despair that “Obama is breaking new ground, moving decisively beyond his predecessors.” At this rate, he notes, “history will say that the War Powers Act was condemned to a quiet death by a president who had solemnly pledged, on the campaign trail, to put an end to indiscriminate warmaking.”

History comes full circle. In the aftermath of Vietnam and the midst of Watergate, liberal Democrats passed the War Powers Act as part of a broad assault on presidential powers. The act reached the end of the line with a liberal Democrat in the White House, who wanted to avail himself of the full sweep of his powers. No doubt, Nixon wouldn’t just relish the result, but appreciate the irony.

— Rich Lowry is the editor of National Review

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #691 on: June 07, 2011, 07:32:32 PM »
Gaddafi defiant as Nato strikes intensify
By Michael Peel in Abu Dhabi and Daniel Dombey in Washington
Published: June 7 2011 19:43 | Last updated: June 7 2011 19:43
Nato air strikes pounded Tripoli with the heaviest bombardment of the alliance’s 11-week Libya campaign, as Colonel Muammer Gaddafi vowed to fight to the death against intensifying efforts to oust him.

The aircraft launched more than two dozen strikes throughout the day on Tuesday on the area around the leader’s compound and other targets as leading world powers upped the diplomatic pressure for him to stand down.

The escalating Nato action – which critics say has gone beyond the military alliance’s UN mandate to protect civilians – comes amid other signs of a weakening in Col Gaddafi’s resistance to an almost three-month rebel uprising against his 41-year rule.

Nato aircraft had launched at least 27 strikes by mid-afternoon, reporters in Tripoli said, with smoke visible above Col Gaddafi’s sprawling and heavily fortified Bab al-Aziziya compound. State television said some bombs had hit the compound, while a government spokesman said others were targeted at a barracks nearby hit by previous air strikes.

The fresh strikes came as President Barack Obama gave an upbeat assessment of progress in the military action against Col Gaddafi’s forces, and called on Germany to join other US allies in preparing for life after the regime.

“It is just a matter of time before [Col] Gaddafi goes,” the US leader told reporters at a joint news conference with Angela Merkel, the German chancellor.

“There is going to be a lot of work to do when Gaddafi does step down in terms of getting the Libyan people back on their feet – economic, political work that’s going to have to be done,” he said. “My expectation is going to be that there will be full and robust German support.”

Libya has been a point of contention between the US and Germany following Berlin’s abstention in the UN Security Council vote authorising the use of force, although Ms Merkel noted that Germany supported the Nato mission – not least by freeing up other alliance members’ assets by doing more in Afghanistan.

Col Gaddafi responded to the fresh strikes with a rare and defiant audio broadcast on state television in which he warned: “We will not kneel. We will not surrender.”

As well as the bombings, the Libyan leader has been hit by defections from his regime, and shortages of fuel and other goods as economic sanctions bite, as well as rebel gains in the strategically important Nafusa mountains south of Tripoli.

The US and other anti-Gaddafi forces are part of an international contact group on Libya that is due to meet on Thursday in the United Arab Emirates.

The increasingly heavy Nato bombing is causing growing divisions between those countries – such as the US, Britain and France – that argue they are helping hasten the end of a regime responsible for mass killings of civilians, and critics who say the strategy is destroying any prospect of a negotiated transition of power.

The International Crisis Group, a respected Brussels-based conflict-resolution body, argues that the insistence by rebels and western powers that Col Gaddafi leave and face trial for war crimes will almost certainly ensure “that he will stay in Libya to the bitter end and go down fighting”.

Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2011. You may share using our article tools. Please don't cut articles from FT.com and redistribute by email or post to the web.

Print articleEmail articleOrder reprints

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #692 on: June 07, 2011, 08:58:06 PM »
Can you substantiate that or is this another OBL moment with you? Color me surprised that you're trying to paint Obama as some master manipulator and tactician here. Really, I'm stunned by this about-face from you.  ::)

the dickface knows all

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #693 on: June 07, 2011, 08:58:45 PM »
This guy defends literally 100% of everything this guy does. He will not criticize anything.

But don't worry, he voted Barr.  ::)

and you criticize 100% of what he does..how are you any different?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #694 on: June 08, 2011, 04:20:25 AM »
the dickface knows all

Obama's laying the groundwork for how the next century of wars will be fought! Incompetence, embarrassment and months without any identifiable progress will set the standard for 21st century warfare! He's a GENIUS! I'm in awe of your and 240's ability to see through the bullshit and recognize that Obama is simply the greatest military mind to ever grace this planet.

Shame on guys like MacArthur for not realizing that you can win wars by claiming it will takes "day, not weeks" and then arming terrorists while bombing radio towers and other useless shit, all while managing to accidentally bomb the same terrorists you want to help in the process! Talk about impressive!

I'm in so much awe of Obama's tactical prowess that it was hard for me to even type this post.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #695 on: June 08, 2011, 04:25:43 AM »
Please don't ever put macarthur and obama in the same thread BF.   

Let the great general rest in peace for gods sake. Lol. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #696 on: June 08, 2011, 04:36:34 AM »
Please don't ever put macarthur and obama in the same thread BF.   

Let the great general rest in peace for gods sake. Lol. 

;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #697 on: June 08, 2011, 05:37:49 AM »
Trump grilling Wiener! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #698 on: June 08, 2011, 08:27:10 AM »
Libya crisis: Pro-Gaddafi forces attack Misrata
BBC ^ | June 8 2011 | BBC

"Gaddafi forces are shelling Misrata from three sides," rebel spokesman Hassan al-Misrati told Reuters news agency from inside the town.

"He has sent thousands of troops from all sides and they are trying to enter the city."

(Excerpt) Read more at bbc.co.uk ...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #699 on: June 08, 2011, 08:52:41 AM »
Obama's laying the groundwork for how the next century of wars will be fought! Incompetence, embarrassment and months without any identifiable progress will set the standard for 21st century warfare! He's a GENIUS! I'm in awe of your and 240's ability to see through the bullshit and recognize that Obama is simply the greatest military mind to ever grace this planet.

Shame on guys like MacArthur for not realizing that you can win wars by claiming it will takes "day, not weeks" and then arming terrorists while bombing radio towers and other useless shit, all while managing to accidentally bomb the same terrorists you want to help in the process! Talk about impressive!

I'm in so much awe of Obama's tactical prowess that it was hard for me to even type this post.

sigh.....you so much want to blame Obama you aren't thinking straight....Obama is not running the war..the Europeans are...we are in a mostly support role....Obama is not running tactics