Re: Split Routines Are For Steroid Users
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 12:40:11 PM »
BB Lex Reeves welcome.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 12:42:36 PM »
Maybe you should stop reminiscing about the "old" days,get on some gear and shut the fuck up :)

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »
Dude's right. These modern bodybuilding routines (of, say, the last four or so decades) are designed with the drug-enhanced trainer in mind.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:48:29 PM »
Steroids have given certain lifters the ability to lift weights up to six days a week, sometimes twice a day!  It's unnatural and its assinine.  These guys are digging an early grave.  In my day it was three full body workouts per week and plenty of eggs, beef and peanut butter sandwiches along with gallons of milk.  I could turn anyone in here into a muscle-man without steroids.

No one I can think of in this day and age of bodybuilding trains twice per day with weights, if anything most have bought in the fallacy that training one body part per day, once a week actually works.....well, with drug users anything works, but with non-drug users it's a waste of time. if they do train twice per day, it's usually a slow "cardio" session either in the morning or evening.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 12:55:26 PM »
3 Philadelphia officers, 12 others charged in steroid bust
By Marina Landis, CNN
April 27, 2011 3:43 p.m. EDT

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Police detective charged with distributing steroids, HGH nationally
Man picked up some shipments at UPS, indictment says
(CNN) -- Three members of the Philadelphia police department and 12 others are being charged with conspiracy to distribute anabolic steroids, U.S. Attorney Zane David Memeger announced Wednesday.
The charges against the defendants, including Philadelphia Police Detective Keith Gidelson, a 14-year department veteran, and fellow police officers Joseph McIntyre and George Sambuca, come after a lengthy investigation by the Philadelphia Police Department's Internal Affairs Anti-Corruption Task Force, the FBI and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.
"Another dark day for our department, but one that certainly does not reflect the good work that goes on every single day by the men and women of this department," Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey said. "Unfortunately, we do have some that tarnish the badge and continue to do so and we will very aggressively continue to go after them and get them out of our ranks."
According to the 17-count federal indictment, Gidelson operated an anabolic steroid and human growth hormone distribution organization in Philadelphia and throughout the U.S. It's alleged that he got monthly shipments from foreign suppliers in Europe and China, some from a rented UPS mailbox.
Gidelson and his wife Kirsten allegedly stored and packaged steroids and HGH at their Philadelphia home. The indictment says the couple would meet drug customers, including some of the defendants, at their home and at fitness centers in the Philadelphia area to distribute the drugs. Gidelson also allegedly distributed to customers across the U.S. whom he met through online weightlifting chat rooms.
In a press release, Memeger said, "Police officers swear an oath to uphold the law. When an officer breaks the law, no matter the infraction, he not only violates his oath, he violates the public's trust. This indictment alleges that three officers placed personal gain ahead of their duty to protect and serve."
Ramsey has suspended all three for 30 days with the intent to dismiss.
All 15 defendants are now in custody. Each count charged carries a maximum possible sentence of 10 years imprisonment and $250,000 fine.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 12:55:40 PM »
No one I can think of in this day and age of bodybuilding trains twice per day with weights, if anything most have bought in the fallacy that training one body part per day, once a week actually works.....well, with drug users anything works, but with non-drug users it's a waste of time. if they do train twice per day, it's usually a slow "cardio" session either in the morning or evening.

I tried the "one part a day once a week" thing for about a couple months earlier this year and gained jack shit.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 01:06:43 PM »

I've done it from time to time, no roids needed. It usually works best when training a smaller bodypart early in the morning and a larger bodyparts in the afternoon.

Most of the time, it's the usual training four times per week (Upper body on Mondays and Thursdays; legs on Tuesdays and Fridays).

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 01:08:35 PM »
this smells like a Gimmick all over

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 01:08:39 PM »
You must train the wholw body three days per week.  Squats, bench press, chin-ups, barbell presses, deadlifts, etc.  Marvin could bench over 500 lbs steroid free.  Drugs are for sick people.  If you are not sick and take drugs you're a creep and a sissy.

BBLR what do you bench?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 01:17:35 PM »
this smells like a Gimmick all over

Seems like we get a new crop every week these days....too many.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 01:17:58 PM »
Oh at my age I don't bench much at all. Sets with 225, could press 315 once or twice I imagine.  Tough on these old joints.

Not bad for an older fella.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 02:24:03 PM »
GIMMICK ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 02:46:52 PM »
Coach,based on your experince as a trainer, what do you think is the best routine for a natural bodybuilder?

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 07:42:06 PM »
Do the following Mon,Wed, and Fri:
Squats 3x20
Pullovers 3x20
Bench Press:3x10
Chin Ups: 3x15
Overhead Press: 3x10
Barbell Curls: 3x10
French Curls: 3x10
Slant Board Sit Ups:3X15
Be sure to superset the Squats with the Pullovers.  Drink a gallon of whole milk throughout the day.  Eat plenty of steaks, eggs and peanut butter sandwiches.  Rest on your off days.  Keep away from any creeps who take steroids.

I AGREE WITH THIS R0UTINE IN THE BEGGINING. H0WEVER, 0NCE THE WEIGHT GETS HEAVY, Y0U W0N'T BE ABLE T0 KEEP UP THE INTENSITY IN THE SAME W0RK0UT. I W0ULD ACTUALLY RECC0MEND. Y0U HAVE A PUSH,PULL,AND A LEG W0RK0UT. TW0 HEAVY PRESSING M0VEMENTS IN THE SAME W0RK0UT W0ULD BE T00 MUCH 0N THE J0INTS. F0R EXAMPLE 0NCE Y0U START BENCHING 225 BLS, THERE'S N0 WAY Y0U'D BE ABLE T0 ALS0 D0 ALL TH0SE 0THER EXERCISES HEAVY LIKE MILITARY PRESS. WITH 3 EXERCISES Y0U CAN. ALS0 N0 REAS0N T0 DRINK A GALL0N 0F MILK A DAY. THAT'S 0VERKILL. UNLESS Y0U WANT T0 GET FAT.

M,W,F

BENCH PRESS
SQUATS
B-R0WS
S0ME ARM W0RK0UT AT THE END.

cross-of-iron

• Getbig IV
  • TRIBALISMO BLANCO
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 07:47:52 PM »
Do the following Mon,Wed, and Fri:
Squats 3x20
Pullovers 3x20
Bench Press:3x10
Chin Ups: 3x15
Overhead Press: 3x10
Barbell Curls: 3x10
French Curls: 3x10
Slant Board Sit Ups:3X15
Be sure to superset the Squats with the Pullovers.  Drink a gallon of whole milk throughout the day.  Eat plenty of steaks, eggs and peanut butter sandwiches.  Rest on your off days.  Keep away from any creeps who take steroids.

Great old school lifter gimmick.  I take it you've read super squats?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 08:05:25 PM »
Steroids have given certain lifters the ability to lift weights up to six days a week, sometimes twice a day!  It's unnatural and its assinine.  These guys are digging an early grave.  In my day it was three full body workouts per week and plenty of eggs, beef and peanut butter sandwiches along with gallons of milk.  I could turn anyone in here into a muscle-man without steroids.

Haven't you been banned already twice before  ::)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 08:26:42 PM »
I've never been banned from anywhere in my life.  That's because I respect myself, those around me and I repected my parents.  How about you?
Get screwed - does that answer your question cock breath

Agent69

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 10:52:13 PM »
I remember Billy Pearl Posing in 1971, he would have blown this lump of cheese Jay Cutler off the stage!
Hate to burst your bubble but Billy was on GEAR(drugs as u call them) when you saw him .. ;D

Stavios

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 10:53:52 PM »
I do and I love it

of course I don't go to faillure as much tho, but more volume

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 11:05:50 PM »
Nonsense.  John Grimek would bench over 400 for reps, military press in thr high 200's and squat in th low five hundreds for twenty reps all in the same workout three days per week.  Same with Reg Park.  You guys today pussyfoot around the weights like you're gonna die if you put in a real workout.  That's why you'll never look like a man.

THEY WERE 0N GEAR.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 02:00:14 AM »
AGREED - Today's stuff is all about gimmicks. In reality a few basic exercises hitting the whole body 2-3 times a week will always work best for naturals. All the negativety on hear comes from guys who rely on drugs for 99% of their muscle.
People should re-visit the routines of Steve Reeves and Reg park. Big muscular guys and enough muscle for anyone to be happy with.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 02:48:17 AM »
Nonsense.  John Grimek would bench over 400 for reps, military press in thr high 200's and squat in th low five hundreds for twenty reps all in the same workout three days per week.  Same with Reg Park.  You guys today pussyfoot around the weights like you're gonna die if you put in a real workout.  That's why you'll never look like a man.

Lol, I like this dude.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 02:59:30 AM »
  Lol, I like this dude.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Yeh, refreshingly correct