Author Topic: Bin Laden dead.  (Read 38724 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Bin Laden dead.
« Reply #600 on: May 10, 2011, 05:45:36 PM »
the event i was speaking of was 2005, wasn't it?

what does your 06 and 08 events prove?

No. The event you JUST RECENTLY started talking about was 2005. And you've yet to post anything about the event besides your opinion.

Again, your little quips and digs at Bush for not wanting to go into Pakistan have turned out to be bullshit. Thanks for playing. The dozens of dead JSOC operators killed in Pakistan over the last 10 years say hello, by the way. Twat.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #601 on: May 11, 2011, 03:55:42 AM »
Well, this destroys 240's credibility for the umpteenth time:

Gutsy Call: Bush Ordered SEAL Raids Into Pakistan in 2006 and 2008

ON a moonless night, US helicopters carrying a team of America's most elite forces crossed the Afghanistan border into Pakistan in pursuit of one of the world's most wanted terrorists.

Hovering over the compound, heavily armed US Navy SEALs scrambled expertly down ladders on to Pakistani soil as Pentagon officials in Virginia watched the events unfold by video link from a camera in an unmanned drone flying over the site.

But this did not happen last week, and the target was not Osama bin Laden.

It was 2006 and the man in the American's sights was bin Laden's

al-Qa'ida deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, who is still believed to be hiding within or close to Pakistan's tribal areas.

The little-known operation in Pakistan's remote Bajaur Agency near the Afghan border, ultimately unsuccessful, is rarely talked about and was never publicly claimed by the US administration.

But what it reveals is that last Monday's operation, which has sparked ferocious debate in Pakistan over national sovereignty, is far from the first time that elite USforces have mounted military operations on the ground in the nuclear-armed nation.

Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani was to address parliament last night to reiterate a message driven home last week by Pakistani military chiefs - that the country would not tolerate any further breaches of sovereignty by the US or any other nation.

He was also expected to announce a parliamentary inquiry into the intelligence services' failure to detect bin Laden, who lived for five years under their noses in the garrison town of Abbottabad.

Pakistani army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani told senior Pakistani journalists last week that "certain red lines had been crossed" by the US military.

Several people present at that briefing have suggested the subtext of his message was that the US had crossed a line by carrying out an operation in an area where Pakistan's urban and increasingly anti-US population could bear witness to it.

The Navy SEAL operation in Bajaur Agency was first reported by The New York Times in 2008, which cited a former top CIA official as confirming the mission.

A former ISI station chief for Pakistan's Pashtun-dominated northwest and tribal areas from 2001 to 2003, Asad Munir, yesterday also confirmed the 2006 operation took place, and was different to the drone strike on a suspected Zawahiri compound in January of the same year that is said to have killed up to 25 civilians.

"They flew over in helicopters, people came out on ladders and searched the compound, found nothing, and flew back," Brigadier Munir told The Australian.

"It was known by the ISI, but not by the media, and never made it to the newspapers. It was a very low-profile operation, but I have no doubt that it occurred."

He said yet another operation occurred in 2008 just over the Afghan border in South Waziristan, in which three US special operations officers raided a madrassa suspected of being used as a base from which insurgents were firing on coalition forces.

Rustam Shah Mohmand, a former chief secretary of the northwest frontier province and Tribal Areas Commissioner, also confirmed the fact that last week's Navy SEALs raid was not the first on Pakistani soil.

"Americans have carried out small operations mostly on the border areas in the past, but they were hidden from public view," he said. "But this time they came deep inside Pakistan territory."

Authority for such sovereignty-breaching operations is believed to have been given in a 2004 classified US document called "Al-Qa'ida Network Exord", which streamlined the approval process for the US military to act outside officially declared war zones.

US President Barack Obama has conceded his administration took a giant risk by launching such a high-profile operation within an urban area when they were not certain bin Laden was even in the compound.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/seals-have-been-over-there-before-just-quietly/story-fn8ljzlv-1226052818060

And countless other unknown excursions into Pakistan.

Onward and upward to the neck stupid fucking claim for you, 240.  :)

That's why we needed Obama. Bush failed by putting a majority of his resources into Iraq.

That's a fact whether you like or not, kid.
G

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #602 on: May 11, 2011, 11:09:37 AM »
That's why we needed Obama. Bush failed by putting a majority of his resources into Iraq.

That makes zero sense.  It wasn't resources or a surge that resulted in killing Osama.  It was a handful of SEALS. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #603 on: May 11, 2011, 11:56:43 AM »
That makes zero sense.  It wasn't resources or a surge that resulted in killing Osama.  It was a handful of SEALS. 

True... The two are not connected.

Should Bush have stayed out of Iraq... yes.

Did he do good things in Afghanistan / Pakistan too though... yes.

They are not mutually inclusive.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #604 on: May 11, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »
Iran can prove Bin Laden was dead long before US raid – Iranian minister
RT.com ^ | May 11 2011 | RT.com

Iranian Intelligence Minister Heydar Moslehi claims that Osama Bin Laden died from an illness before the US raid on his compound in Abbottabad. Iran has documents to prove it, he said.

"We have credible information that Bin Laden died some time ago of a disease," Moslehi said on the sidelines of a cabinet meeting on Sunday, as quoted by ISNA news agency.

(Excerpt) Read more at rt.com ...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #605 on: May 11, 2011, 12:22:09 PM »

Iranian Intelligence Minister Heydar Moslehi claims that Osama Bin Laden died from an illness before the US raid on his compound in Abbottabad. Iran has documents to prove it, he said.

"We have credible information that Bin Laden died some time ago of a disease," Moslehi said on the sidelines of a cabinet meeting on Sunday, as quoted by ISNA news agency.

(Excerpt) Read more at rt.com ...

You believe something that Iran says?

That pretty much means that we can bet the US killed him.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #606 on: May 11, 2011, 12:23:46 PM »
No, I'm just reporting what i read.   

I believe the SEALS (Who i have endless admiration for) killed him in that room, but OBL was probably on the floor in the fetal position at the time.   Not like i care, shit - i would not have shot him myself - but stabbed him endlessly with my KA BAR.   

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #607 on: May 11, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »

That entire post was one gigantic contradiction. It's clear that you don't possess the mental firepower to troll beyond making posts about dicks in your ass. I suggest you stick to those.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #608 on: May 11, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »
That entire post was one gigantic contradiction. It's clear that you don't possess the mental firepower to troll beyond making posts about dicks in your ass. I suggest you stick to those.
One gigantic contradiction.

I broke it up into small sentences just for you.

I don't find your criticism constructive, buddy.
G

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #609 on: May 12, 2011, 06:30:52 AM »

LOL!  I love it how they paint it as iran's story.  So to even look at the info there, or any evidence they may present, is instantly stained.  Smart!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #610 on: May 12, 2011, 08:48:57 AM »
Inhofe first member of congress to see Bin Laden photos
Last Updated: 4 hours and 2 minutes ago
By: Jason Grubbs
www.drudgereport.com

TULSA - More people are starting to see photos of Osama Bin Laden's body.

On Wednesday, U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe was the first member of Congress to view them.

Fifteen images were shown during a secure briefing with the Senator.

"It's a little easier for me to talk to people and say what I've seen. I felt like I owed that to my constituents," Sen. Inhofe (R) said.

He talked with 2NEWS via Skype from Washington, D.C. after seeing them.

He said several of the photos were taken inside the compound where Bin Laden was killed.

"The bullet either went in the ear and out the eyeball or in the eyeball and out the ear," he said.

The senator said the most identifying photos were taken onboard the USS Carl Vinson.

That's the aircraft carrier where Bin Laden's body was cleaned before the burial at sea.

"It's easier to identify who it is by looking at those shots," he said.

Senator Inhofe told 2NEWS he didn't have doubts before and he doesn't now.

He said some of the pictures are graphic. But he continues to rally for at least one of them to be released to the public.

"I just want to make sure that the people are entitled to and have a picture that they can look at and say he's dead," Sen. Inhofe said.

The Obama administration has said a release could spark retaliation.

Senator Inhofe calls that a "phony argument."

"Since 9/11 there have been 32 attacks on America that we stopped through our intelligence. They would do anything they could to kill everyone of us who's watching right now if they could. But this isn't going to make them try anymore, they're trying right now anyway," he said.

The office of Oklahoma Congressman Dan Boren (D) told 2NEWS he is expected to view the photos sometime this week.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #612 on: May 12, 2011, 09:39:08 AM »
The Gun That Killed Bin Laden Revealed...(HK416-5.56)
USNews ^ | 05/11/2011 | Paul Bedard

Sources say the HK416 rifle was used to kill bin Laden. The biggest secret in the special operations community—what gun did SEALs from "DevGru" kill Osama bin Laden with—has been revealed. Two military gear blogs, citing multiple insider sources, credit the highly reliable HK416 rifle, an M-16 type weapon, with the "double tap" of 5.56 mm bullets to bin Laden's head.

While the military isn't talking about what SEALs from United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group, formerly SEAL Team Six, carried in, two sites—Military Times Gear Scout and Soldier Systems—said the gun used was the German made, Delta Force designed Heckler & Koch rifle used by several militaries.

"I've just heard from a SOCOM vet," says Military Times "He tells me the stack of SEAL assaulters from Red team that went through Osama bin Laden's bedroom door were running HK416s."

Soldier Systems adds that bin Laden "was gunned down using German engineering – the HK416 which was my gut feeling from the very beginning."

(Excerpt) Read more at usnews.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _______________

hhhhmmm - maybe need to get one.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #613 on: May 12, 2011, 10:08:29 AM »
which getbigger claimed it was a handgun?  LOL!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #614 on: May 12, 2011, 10:11:25 AM »

Not me - I like my Bushmaster and Glocks.   

Only Gun I dont have but really want is the SA SOCOM 2       

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #615 on: May 12, 2011, 11:51:56 AM »

Actually... no one claimed it was a handgun.

They claimed it could be one of many weapons, but that at the time we didn't know what the gun was... As a matter of fact... I listed a whole shit ton of possibilities... I think left out the 416 though, but yes... It's a very viable option. I can put my hands on one if need be.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #616 on: May 12, 2011, 11:52:47 AM »
Actually... no one claimed it was a handgun.

They claimed it could be one of many weapons, but that at the time we didn't know what the gun was... As a matter of fact... I listed a whole shit ton of possibilities... I think left out the 416 though, but yes... It's a very viable option. I can put my hands on one if need be.

Can you get me a leftover for free?   ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #617 on: May 12, 2011, 11:56:56 AM »
Can you get me a leftover for free?   ;D

HAHAHA!!!

I wish... Notice I said put my hands on one... I didn't say I own it.

Sometimes a couple of the Tier1 guys will go with us out to the desert to shoot their toys.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #618 on: May 12, 2011, 05:12:33 PM »
which getbigger claimed it was a handgun?  LOL!

You claimed OBL's wife killed him. You think she had a HK416 in her hands? Maybe she picked it up in between broadcasting holograms of planes flying into skyscrapers.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #619 on: May 12, 2011, 05:20:46 PM »
Ha ha ha ha ha lmfao! 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #620 on: May 12, 2011, 07:41:42 PM »
You claimed OBL's wife killed him. You think she had a HK416 in her hands? Maybe she picked it up in between broadcasting holograms of planes flying into skyscrapers.

good one ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #621 on: May 12, 2011, 07:45:41 PM »
You claimed OBL's wife killed him.

No, I didn't.

I said we don't know what happened in that room because the white house keeps changing the story.

Maybe we shot him after he surrendered.  Maybe his wife did it.  Maybe he capped himself.  Maybe he was cowering in his underwear.  Maybe he was armed, maybe unarmed. 

So much bullshit coming out of the white house, we will probably never know what really happened in that room.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #622 on: May 12, 2011, 09:02:42 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/12/eveningnews/main20062410.shtml?tag=cbsContent;cbsCarousel

The electronic files the SEALs carted away from bin Laden's compound contain -- among many things -- the names of terrorist operatives which until now were unknown to U.S. intelligence. The files also contain a small, 12-page journal of bin Laden's handwritten notes about launching a major attack against the United States. He instructed against using Arabs because they arouse too much suspicion, to go after trains and to time the attack to coincide with the 10th anniversary of September 11.

Bin Laden wanted to attack U.S. on 9/11 anniversary

There are also messages to his senior lieutenants and to al Qaeda affiliates, urging them not to waste time on small, local operations and focus their efforts on the United States.
Ruppersberger said, "He kept all that information and he kept all of the data, computers, hard drives and this is what we're analyzing and it shows that his focus was clearly the United States."
U.S. officials cannot understand why bin Laden apparently left what amounts to the keys to his terrorist kingdom just lying around his compound in plain sight -- none of it rigged for self destruction.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #623 on: May 13, 2011, 06:28:18 AM »
CBS Evening News .May 12, 2011
SEAL helmet cams recorded entire bin Laden raid
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/12/eveningnews/main20062410.shtml?tag=cbsContent;cbsCarousel

More accurate version of what happened includes details that bin Laden first emerged on third floor, retreated to bedroom after shot fired
By David Martin .

Every minute of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden was captured by the SEALs' tiny helmet cams, and the video is now helping investigators construct a picture of exactly how it all went down. David Martin reports.

.(CBS News)  WASHINGTON - A new picture emerged Thursday of what really happened the night the Navy SEALs swooped in on Osama bin Laden's compound in Pakistan.

CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports the 40 minutes it took to kill bin Laden and scoop his archives into garbage bags were all recorded by tiny helmet cameras worn by each of the 25 SEALs.

Officials reviewing those videos are still reconstructing a more accurate version of what happened. We now know that the only firefight took place in the guest house, where one of bin Laden's couriers opened fire and was quickly gunned down. No one in the main building got off a shot or was even armed, although there were weapons nearby.

Special Report: The Killing of Osama bin Laden

The SEALs first saw bin Laden when he came out on the third floor landing. They fired, but missed. He retreated to his bedroom, and the first SEAL through the door grabbed bin Laden's daughters and pulled them aside.

When the second SEAL entered, bin Laden's wife rushed forward at him -- or perhaps was pushed by bin Laden. The SEAL shoved her aside and shot bin Laden in the chest. A third seal shot him in the head.

The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee went to CIA headquarters Thursday to view photos the SEALs took of bin Laden's body.

Lawmakers see bin Laden photos

"There were probably about maybe four, five or six photos," said Rep. C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger, D-Md. "There are just a couple body shots. He was like, in a white undershirt and a tan robe."

The electronic files the SEALs carted away from bin Laden's compound contain -- among many things -- the names of terrorist operatives which until now were unknown to U.S. intelligence. The files also contain a small, 12-page journal of bin Laden's handwritten notes about launching a major attack against the United States. He instructed against using Arabs because they arouse too much suspicion, to go after trains and to time the attack to coincide with the 10th anniversary of September 11.

Bin Laden wanted to attack U.S. on 9/11 anniversary

There are also messages to his senior lieutenants and to al Qaeda affiliates, urging them not to waste time on small, local operations and focus their efforts on the United States.

Ruppersberger said, "He kept all that information and he kept all of the data, computers, hard drives and this is what we're analyzing and it shows that his focus was clearly the United States."

U.S. officials cannot understand why bin Laden apparently left what amounts to the keys to his terrorist kingdom just lying around his compound in plain sight -- none of it rigged for self destruction.The killing of Osama bin Laden

Why didn't bin Laden protect his files? The best guess is he thought the United States would never find him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #624 on: May 13, 2011, 06:29:38 AM »
but but but but I thought Hilary claimed they weren't even watching anything there.

I'm sure every single eyeball in that room was just fixed on a spot on that wall for no reason, huh?  ;)