Author Topic: Obama's Post-Osama Poll Numbers  (Read 7688 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama's Post-Osama Poll Numbers
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2011, 09:51:45 AM »
Obama Approval Hits New Low on RCP
Pundit Press ^ | 9/20/2011 | Thomas Ferdousi

President Obama has a lot to worry about in the coming weeks. The economy appears to be slipping again, the media is actually reporting on the Solyndra scandal, and he faces an increasingly confident Republican field.

Now it appears that the public is catching up with all of his problems. For months, even as the public grew dissatisfied with the way the country was headed, Obama's approval did not slip as much as it could have. Now, with not one, but two polls showing him below 40%, he is doing worse.

In the Real Clear Politics average of the major polling indices, the President has fallen to his lowest level yet. While his disapproval has not reached that point currently, he is just coming off his record disapproval.

(Excerpt) Read more at punditpress.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2011, 10:20:25 AM »
Latest McClatchy/Marist poll: 39% Approval Rating for Obama, Lowest of Presidency
McClatchy-Marist ^ | September 20, 2011 | Marist

President Barack Obama faces a litany of bad news. The president’s job approval rating, his favorability, and his rating on the economy have hit all-time lows. To compound matters, three in four Americans still believe the nation is in a recession and the proportion who thinks the country is moving in the wrong direction is at its highest point in more than a decade. President Barack Obama

According to this McClatchy-Marist Poll, the president’s approval rating is at 39% among registered voters nationally, an all-time low for Mr. Obama. For the first time a majority — 52% — disapproves of the job he is doing in office, and 9% are unsure.

(Excerpt) Read more at maristpoll.marist.edu ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2011, 11:00:18 AM »
This is huge if these poll numbers are accurate and if they carry into next year. There is no hope for Barry if this continues.

Agree.  He was able to tap into independents and "undecided" voters in 2008.  Now that he is a known quantity, and his record stinks, he will not get those voters this time around. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2011, 05:58:09 AM »
Poll: 56% of surveyed think Barack Obama is worse President, or just as bad, as George W. Bush
BY JOHN LAUINGER   
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Saturday, September 24th 2011, 4:00 AM

Saul Loeb/Getty
George W. Bush, President Barack Obama, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter in the Oval Office of the White House.
Daly: They don't remember cause of this mess
Obama is the most admired man in U.S.
In key states, Latino vote fueled Obama's victory
Obama buoyed by Hispanic voters
Why Obama thanks Cheney
Kirchick: Who are left-wing haters to point fingers at McCain?
More than half of those surveyed in a new poll - 56% - say that President Obama has been worse in the White House, or just about the same, as George W. Bush.

A result, from a USA Today/Gallup poll out Friday, could not have gone over well with Obama's political strategists.

"The fact that less than half of Americans say Obama has been a better president than Bush, given the low regard Americans have for the Bush presidency, poses a clear challenge for Obama," Gallup's website declared in a breakdown of the poll, which surveyed 1,004 Americans, living in all 50 states, from Sept. 15-18.

Those surveyed were asked to rate Obama's presidency against Bush's, and also against Bill Clinton's, by choosing one of three answers: better, worse or about the same.

The problem for Obama is that too many - 22% of those surveyed - gave the same-as-Bush answer. Bush left office dogged by widespread discontent and bleak economic developments, creating a national angst that Obama rode to the White through his promise of change.

So for Obama, as an incumbent, and especially one who vowed he would improve the country's lot, the same-as-Bush answer is really a negative response.

And as the Gallup analysis points out, Obama needs to convince voters that the country is better off now than it was the day Bush permanently traded the Oval Office for his Texas ranch.

"The outcome of presidential elections, particularly for incumbent presidents, largely turns on performance evaluations," the analysis reads. "If Americans are generally happy with the state of the nation, they are generally likely to re-elect the incumbent. If they are dissatisfied, the incumbent is at risk of defeat."

Only 12% said they believe Obama is doing a better job than Bill Clinton. Among Democrats, only 20% said Obama tops Clinton, but 51% said they were about the same.

Obama, predictably, took a pounding among Republicans, with just 9% saying he has been a better chief executive than Bush. Among Independents, that percentage was somewhat better but by no means encouraging: 33%.

With the election little more than a year away, Obama is staring at a lengthy campaign checklist, topped by the need to quiet liberal disenchantment and to play up the moves he made that many political observers credit with pulling the economy back from the brink of full-blown depression.

But, as Obama maneuvers for a second term against the backdrop of bitter partisan bickering on the Hill, the dreadful economy is a major problem for him, as the Gallup analysis stresses.

"Voters may give Obama more leeway because of the poor state of the nation when he took office; and as of now, they appear to be doing so, as Americans still blame Bush more than Obama for the country's economic problems," according to the analysis, citing an earlier poll.

That poll, also by USA Today/Gallup earlier this week, found that 7 out of 10 Americans blame Bush either a great deal or a moderate amount for the current economic mess. But that poll also found that 53% assigned blame to Obama for the economy.

And while Obama has time to make improvements and sway voters, as the Gallup analysis suggests, there is another way of looking at things, as former New York Times executive editor Bill Keller outlined in a column.

"In our political culture, if you inherit a problem and do not fix it, you own it," Keller wrote in a piece posted on todayonline.com.

"So at some point it became the popular wisdom that Iraq and Afghanistan were 'Obama's wars,' and that the recession had become 'Obama's economy.'"

jlauinger@nydailynews.com

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2011, 10:16:12 AM »
This may be partly a function of Bush's increased popularity since he left office, but it will it more difficult for Obama to run against Bush again. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2011, 10:18:15 AM »
Obama is a sad joke. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2011, 04:03:18 PM »
Ya think?  This is pretty funny.   :)

Fox News Poll: Majority Says as a CEO, Obama Would Have Been Fired
By Dana Blanton
Published September 29, 2011
FoxNews.com

Sept. 28: President Barack Obama delivers his third annual back-to-school speech at Benjamin Banneker Academic High School in Washington.

If Barack Obama were president of a major U.S. company, he’d be fired by now. That’s what American voters think -- by a 52-38 percent margin.

Fifty-six percent of independents think a corporation’s board of directors would have already handed Obama his pink slip. Nearly a quarter of Democrats also believe Obama would be out (23 percent).

In Obama’s real job as president, a Fox News poll released Thursday found that while 43 percent of voters approve of his performance, just over half -- 51 percent -- disapprove.

A month ago, 44 percent approved and 47 percent disapproved (August 29-31).

Click here for the poll results.

Among those who approve of the job Obama is doing as president, 15 percent think he would have been fired if he were in the private sector.

Eight in 10 Democrats approve (80 percent) of the job Obama’s doing, while nine in 10 Republicans disapprove (90 percent).

President Obama receives 31 percent approval among independents, which matches a previous record low in August. Over half of independents -- 55 percent -- disapprove.

Moreover, nearly half of independents (47 percent) say Obama’s policy positions have “significantly changed” since taking office and two-thirds (67 percent) describe their feelings about the administration as “disappointed” or “angry.”

Overall, 40 percent of voters have positive feelings about the administration (7 percent “very happy” and 33 percent “satisfied”), while a 58-percent majority feel the opposite (38 percent feel “disappointed” and 20 percent “angry”).

Most Democrats have positive feelings toward the White House. Still, one in four (25 percent) is “disappointed” or “angry.” Those negative views could be driven in part by the fact that just 17 percent of Democrats think, as president, Obama has stayed true to his campaign positions.

In general, 13 percent of voters think Obama has stayed true to his campaign positions, 45 percent think he has made small changes, and 40 percent think he has significantly changed his positions since taking office.

Meanwhile, a record-high 83 percent of voters disapprove of the job Congress is doing. Republicans (86 percent), independents (86 percent) and Democrats (80 percent) alike give lawmakers a thumbs-down.

Few -- 11 percent -- approve of Congress. That’s up one point from a record-low 10 percent approval in early August.

One example of voter skepticism about lawmakers: almost as many (47 percent) think the Social Security system will go broke before Democrats and Republicans agree how to fix it as think the parties will work together to fix the system before it runs out of money (49 percent).

Solyndra a Problem for Obama?

The poll asked voters about the $535 million dollar government loan to the now-bankrupt solar company Solyndra. The same number (46 percent) suspect the loan involved unethical behavior as think it was a good faith loan that went bad.

It is not surprising that most Republicans (75 percent) think something unethical happened. The bad news for the White House: 51 percent of independents and 19 percent Democrats agree.

The Fox News poll is based on landline and cell phone interviews with 925 randomly chosen registered voters nationwide and was conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R) from September 25 to September 27. For the total sample, it has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/29/fox-news-poll-majority-says-as-ceo-obama-would-have-been-fired/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2011, 04:27:11 PM »
Not according to 240.  He probably thinks Obama deserves a massive bonus plus stock options. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2011, 06:04:26 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2011, 10:52:03 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2011, 10:54:01 AM »
He better go to the Rose Garden and make a speech. 

Christies is tied with him. 

Ron Paul is tied with him

he is so done. 

2012 is going to be almost an apoloclyptic reckoning against the communist left like we have never seen.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »

Ron Paul is tied with him

he is so done. 

2012 is going to be almost an apoloclyptic reckoning against the communist left like we have never seen.   

I pretty much agree.  I'm not sure it will be a blowout, but I don't see him winning in 2012. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2011, 11:01:20 AM »
I pretty much agree.  I'm not sure it will be a blowout, but I don't see him winning in 2012. 

Disagree.    2010 is going to look like NOTHING compared to what is coming in 2012.   2010 was the warm up.   2012 is the main event to take out these communist pieces of garbage. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2011, 11:07:26 AM »

Disagree.    2010 is going to look like NOTHING compared to what is coming in 2012.   2010 was the warm up.   2012 is the main event to take out these communist pieces of garbage. 

Certainly possible.  I don't care if he loses by 1 percent or 20 percent, so long as he's gone. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2011, 12:06:39 PM »

When did he become a candidate?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2011, 12:10:27 PM »
When did he become a candidate?

Rasmussen is running numbers today.   I actually think Christie is jumping in.   

he beats Romney and perry by a mile for sure and will probably do away with huntsman, bachmann, newt, santorum,

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2011, 12:11:17 PM »
Rasmussen is running numbers today.   I actually think Christie is jumping in.   

he beats Romney and perry by a mile for sure and will probably do away with huntsman, bachmann, newt, santorum,

As of right now, I agree... I still gotta admit I like Paul.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2011, 12:16:54 PM »
As of right now, I agree... I still gotta admit I like Paul.

Me too, but i have a few practical reservations about Paul, nothing related to issues though.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2011, 03:47:46 PM »
Obama approval plummets in NH
By: CNN Political Producer Rachel Streitfeld

Manchester, New Hampshire (CNN) - Sixty-five percent of New Hampshire residents disapprove of President Obama's handling of the economy, according to a new poll.

The American Research Group's September 2011 Quarterly New Hampshire Poll also found the president's approval rating in the first-in-the-nation primary state is pegged at 31%.

Dante Scala, a political science professor at the University of New Hampshire, said the notable shift in Obama's support is among undeclared, or independent voters. Sixty-seven percent of undeclared voters in the state say they disapprove of how the president has handled the economy.

Even though New Hampshire's unemployment rate is much lower than the national figure, Scala said voters here are affected by rampant displeasure in the economy.

Obama lost New Hampshire's primary to Hillary Clinton in 2008 but triumphed over John McCain here with 54% in the general election. The state carries four electoral votes.

The American Research group poll was conducted by telephone from September 25-29, surveying 547 adults in New Hampshire. The sampling error was plus or minus 4.2 percentage points.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/30/obama-approval-plummets-in-nh/#more-178408

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2011, 07:26:30 PM »
Newest state where Obama’s approval is underwater: Connecticut
Hot Air ^ | 30 Sep 2011 | Allahpundit
Posted on September 30, 2011 7:18:00 PM EDT by mandaladon

He won there in 2008 by 22 points, but no worries, Democrats. He still leads Romney there today — by, er, two points. Look on the bright side: If fully 100 percent of the public said that the economy stinks instead of the 90 percent who say it now, it might be a dead heat.

You know who this poll benefits? Ahem:

Obama’s poor showing in Connecticut is mostly a function of his own unpopularity. Despite having won it by 23 points in 2008 his approval numbers are now under water at 48/49. That represents a 17 point net shift in the wrong direction since PPP last polled the state in March- at that time Obama’s approval was a positive 55/39 spread. The decline has come because he’s unpopular with independents (41/53) and also because an unusually high 20% of Democrats disapprove of the job he’s doing.

Romney’s favorability is 41/42, not great numbers but better than he is doing in most states. In the head to head with Obama he takes independents by 12 points at 48-36 and gets crossover support from 14% of Democrats while losing just 9% of the Republican vote.

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...

DONE! 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »
So his approval rating was 43.9 percent as of 19 October.  Will be interesting to see if he gets a post-Qaddafi bump.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2011, 05:31:03 PM »
Newest state where Obama’s approval is underwater: Connecticut
Hot Air ^ | 30 Sep 2011 | Allahpundit
Posted on September 30, 2011 7:18:00 PM EDT by mandaladon

He won there in 2008 by 22 points, but no worries, Democrats. He still leads Romney there today — by, er, two points. Look on the bright side: If fully 100 percent of the public said that the economy stinks instead of the 90 percent who say it now, it might be a dead heat.

You know who this poll benefits? Ahem:

Obama’s poor showing in Connecticut is mostly a function of his own unpopularity. Despite having won it by 23 points in 2008 his approval numbers are now under water at 48/49. That represents a 17 point net shift in the wrong direction since PPP last polled the state in March- at that time Obama’s approval was a positive 55/39 spread. The decline has come because he’s unpopular with independents (41/53) and also because an unusually high 20% of Democrats disapprove of the job he’s doing.

Romney’s favorability is 41/42, not great numbers but better than he is doing in most states. In the head to head with Obama he takes independents by 12 points at 48-36 and gets crossover support from 14% of Democrats while losing just 9% of the Republican vote.

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...

DONE! 

Hahaha, if he's losing Connecticut.... Outside of Fairfield County this state is about as leftist as it gets.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2011, 05:37:14 PM »
Hahaha, if he's losing Connecticut.... Outside of Fairfield County this state is about as leftist as it gets.

Oh I think the Aloha State could give you a run for your money.   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2011, 05:39:38 PM »
Oh I think the Aloha State could give you a run for your money.   :)

I live in NYC and spend most of my time in lower Westchester.   trust me - I know far leftists and communists more than most. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2011, 05:59:03 PM »
I live in NYC and spend most of my time in lower Westchester.   trust me - I know far leftists and communists more than most. 

I'm surrounded by them too.  This is how out of touch these people are:  I had the displeasure of listening to a state senator give a speech the other day, and she mentioned a "bipartisan" committee she sits on.  There is ONE Republican senator (out of 25) in our state senate.  I felt like walking out.   ::)

At least your voters don't completely have tunnel vision in polls.  You should see some of the incompetent numbskulls they put in office here (and send to DC).