Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 23, 2014, 08:50:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what was the last film(s) you watched?  (Read 33435 times)
bradistani
Getbig V

Golan-Globus Productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: August 21, 2012, 06:30:32 PM »

Piranha 3DD (2012) - even with zero expectations of this it still stunk - terrible!

[REC]³ Génesis (2012) - this was very good for a movie that's third in the series. slightly humourous and with a romantic twist (features newly weds and guest, on their wedding day), you'll probably like it if you like the previous two films.

and the lead actress was quite beautiful too as well as a bad ass

Report to moderator   Logged
bradistani
Getbig V

Golan-Globus Productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: August 24, 2012, 02:25:47 PM »

Hell (2011) - german film set in a time when the earth is fucked after huge solar flares damage the earths ozone layer making it lethal to stay in the sun.

it's wasn't bad for what it is and its budget i guess. but after a promising start it soon starts to plod along and then i just wanted it to end.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsLiuq5v5Ck" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsLiuq5v5Ck</a>
bradistani
Getbig V

Golan-Globus Productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: September 06, 2012, 04:44:25 PM »

the cabin in the woods - zero scares in this 'horror' farce.  Undecided

the being - entertaining 80s scifi cheese starring martin landau. his performance is oscar worthy compared to the rest of the cast

and soon the darkness - utter shite

run bitch run - lots of boobs and gore in this 'i spit on your grave' esque, rape revenge exploitation piece. i liked it mostly and its got a rather good soundtrack too!  

he knows you're alone - excellent early 80s slasher that unashamedly rips off carpenters legendary 'halloween'. it's also notable for being tom hanks' big screen debut.  

the octagon - i found some of the plot confusing at times  Embarrassed but found hilarity in the use of a shadowy voice-over effect that was meant to be norris' inner ninja voice.  Cool

sunset boulevard - classic with a brilliant, ott performance from gloria swanson

a force of one - narcotic cops enlist the help of a karate expert (norris) to train them in self defence after two of their fellow officers are killed by a karate man after they are betrayed by a bent cop. it gets personal for norris after his son is murdered by the bad guys and so chuck unleashes his fury upon their asses. there's a sweet scene when norris fucks up a pimp!

code of silence - the body count is high in this excellent cop action flick starring chuck norris and a very good cast including dennis farina (crime story), and henry silva.
bradistani
Getbig V

Golan-Globus Productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: September 11, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »

the omega man - chuck heston battles mutant vampire cult, 'the family' whilst battling to find a cure to the virus that wiped out most of mankind. if only 'i am legend' was only a ¼ as good and as entertaining as this is

black gunn - so-so blaxploitation starring the legendary jim brown

lone wolf mcquade - norris, carradine, a bond girl and a bond-esque wheelchair bound, dwarf villain complete with getaway revolving wall.  Cool

carradine was great and really should have had more screen time. bond girl, barbara carrera (never say never again), did all her scenes not wearing a bra, so we are treat to seeing her tits through various degrees of see through clothing throughout the film. all in all a great, fun action flick with plenty of cheese, though i'm still slightly baffled as to what the dwarf bad guy point in this film was.

Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 12, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »

Doc Martin with Martin Clunes.

Drama  TV-PG

When successful but unhappy Doctor Martin Bamford discovers his wife, Petronella, has been sleeping with three of his friends, his world is ripped apart. Bamford flees London and heads for the small fishing village of Port Isaac, on the north coast of Cornwall. DOC MARTIN: THE MOVIE tells the story of Martin Bamford as he works out the big questions in his life.
DISTRIBUTOR: American Public Television
APT PROGRAM SERVICE: Syndication
PRODUCER: Digital Rights Group (DRG)

* Doc Martin.jpg (85.93 KB, 420x240 - viewed 319 times.)
deadz
Getbig IV

Milton "Wiggs" Wiggins III is a Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 16, 2012, 06:40:58 PM »

The Possession.....stupid.

Pure Alpha
bradistani
Getbig V

Golan-Globus Productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: September 17, 2012, 08:02:04 AM »

chopping mall - security robots malfunction and go on a killing spree in a shopping mall. ludicrous 80s fun and barbara cramptons tits as an added bonus.

the asylum tapes - more found footage nonsense set in an abandoned insane asylum. the actual location was superb and creepy as fuck. the film itself was a complete dud despite one or two creepy moments. this was infact directed by oliver stones son, sean stone. and also features stone senior at the beginning of the film.  

apartment 143 - pretty good horror film

the tall man - a twist reveals a truly absurd premise for this crap starring jessica biel.  

lovely molly - i liked this quite a bit. had some pretty creepy moments. the lead character is pretty and is nude quite a few times. infact there's one hell of a great love scene in it.
24KT
Getbig V

Karatbars Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: October 29, 2012, 09:11:22 PM »

Just watched a few interesting films last night. I tried to watch "The Artist", but it bored the heck out of me, ...kept dozing off, ..not a good thing when you've got a silent film with subtitles going, so I quickly shut it off.

Saw "The Iron Lady." 2011  starring 2 of my all time favourite character actors Meryl Streep & Jim Broadbent

All I can say is Wow!! I found both women to be simply amazing.
Politics aside, you can't help but to find new found respect for Margaret Thatcher.

Trailer - Iron Lady
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZrAKdlX0SA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZrAKdlX0SA</a>

Beyond The Trailer - Review of Iron Lady
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWUp9uqPDYI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWUp9uqPDYI</a>

Also saw the 2012 BBC Documentary - Margaret Thatcher - The Iron Lady which was mainly news correspondents discussing their experiences with Mrs. Thatcher, and providing their own analysies & perspectives, interspersed with archival footage from the time.

Also saw "The Joneses" 2009 starring Demi Moore & David Duchovney.

Loved it. It was a bit of a mind-f**k, but great movie nonetheless, ...and not a bad gig.  Tongue

Plot: The Joneses are rich, beautiful and seem to be the perfect family. There's only one slight problem. When it comes to the truth as to why they're living in that upscale community, all is not necessarily what it appears to be.

The Joneses - trailer

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM70zDrERfw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM70zDrERfw</a>

What can I say... I just stocked up on about 153 titles that I've wanted to see, but somehow never quite got around to... including 4 seasons of Dr. Who  Cheesy

w
dr.chimps
Getbig V

Sophisticate

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 31, 2012, 05:30:15 PM »

Watched the new Dredd. In 3d.  The 3d was a joke, and with stolen nods from better films like Blade Runner to The Raid there really wasn't any original/good moments. To the plus, the popcorn was fresh and I refilled my soda cup twice.
deadz
Getbig IV

Milton "Wiggs" Wiggins III is a Bitch

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 01, 2012, 09:14:11 PM »

30 Days of Night.... again, well done i'd say.

Pure Alpha
bradistani
Getbig V

Golan-Globus Productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: November 06, 2012, 06:33:29 PM »

total recall - the action scenes were fucking great. the effects looked fantastic. well, apart from the lens flare that is. beckinsale kicked ass like a good 'un and biel looked great too. oh!i liked the blade runner-esque look to the city and the nods th the original and those robot things looked awesome. however, the plot was paper thin and i wasn't exactly sure what was going on at times  Embarrassed and there wasn't much of any character development unlike in the original.

three boobed girl, though pointless, was gorgeous...

ever notice farrell always does that annoying thing with his eyes ?

bradistani
Getbig V

Golan-Globus Productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: November 12, 2012, 12:25:31 PM »

the amazing spider-man - i liked it. dunno if it was any better than raimi's effort, but garfield as spiderman sure as hell is a lot better than maguire. same with emma stone being way better (and hotter) in her role than dunst.

willie dynamite - average blaxploitation starring that bald chap from sesame st. the pimp costumes were great, not that that made up for the sever lack of female nudity, but it helped.

chernobyl diaries - not as absolutely terrible as reviews suggest.

wrong turn 5 - well it was certainly much better than wt4. dunno if that's saying much though.

dark shadows - pfifer looked beautiful, as did helena bonham carter. sadly i was bored shitless through most of this 'comedy' that barely raised a few chuckles. burton is done! hard to believe it's the same man that gave us the magnificent , 'ed wood' and ' edward scissor hands'

when the lights went out - british 'supposedly based on a true story' supernatural horror set in the 70s. complete and utter rubbish.

the thing - carpenters brilliant film looking even better on blu. the practical effects in this 80s masterpiece totally blows the shite cgi effects of the 2011 prequel well and truly out of the water!!

ted - fucking brilliant! the 'flash gordon' scene is pant pissingly awesome :8

the apparition - set your expectations at absolute rock bottom.... then leave them there!
tu_holmes
Getbig V

With a keen eye for details, one truth prevails.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: November 12, 2012, 01:06:40 PM »

the amazing spider-man - i liked it. dunno if it was any better than raimi's effort, but garfield as spiderman sure as hell is a lot better than maguire. same with emma stone being way better (and hotter) in her role than dunst.

The Amazing Spiderman was about a million times better than any of Raimi's shit.

bradistani
Getbig V

Golan-Globus Productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: November 15, 2012, 03:08:51 PM »

The Amazing Spiderman was about a million times better than any of Raimi's shit.

well i haven't seen raimis spiderman in quite some time.. i don't recall them being bad though  Huh the first two at least...
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 15, 2012, 07:19:09 PM »

Most recently, I watched a biographical movie about the man who was the inspiration for the Robert Redford movie, The Horse Whisperer, Buck Brannaman. He is an amazing man who came from very unfortunate circumstances. As a boy, Buck and his brother were severely abused by their father who was an alcoholic. The abuse became even more unbearable after their mother died. Somehow, as if risen from the ashes, Buck has done amazing and wonderful things with training horses and is a loving and caring family man as well. Just goes to show that we aren't destined to carry on a family culture of abuse.

* Buck-Brannaman-007.jpg (32.86 KB, 460x276 - viewed 242 times.)
garebear
Time Out
Getbig V

Never question my instincts.

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 17, 2012, 03:32:16 AM »

Most recently, I watched a biographical movie about the man who was the inspiration for the Robert Redford movie, The Horse Whisperer, Buck Brannaman. He is an amazing man who came from very unfortunate circumstances. As a boy, Buck and his brother were severely abused by their father who was an alcoholic. The abuse became even more unbearable after their mother died. Somehow, as if risen from the ashes, Buck has done amazing and wonderful things with training horses and is a loving and caring family man as well. Just goes to show that we aren't destined to carry on a family culture of abuse.

Yeah, I remember that documentary. Pretty good.

I recently watched "The Fog of War" again. It's about the life of Robert McNamara. Great documentary!

* splash.jpg (40.08 KB, 480x346 - viewed 209 times.)

G
tu_holmes
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: November 17, 2012, 12:35:24 PM »

well i haven't seen raimis spiderman in quite some time.. i don't recall them being bad though  Huh the first two at least...

Hated both sequels and had issues with certain story aspects of the entire trilogy.
bradistani
Getbig V

Golan-Globus Productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: November 18, 2012, 07:35:08 PM »

the dark knight rises - bloody fantastic. loved tom hardy as bane. i actually had some empathy for his character. look forward to getting this on blue and watching the whole trilogy in one.

tu_holmes
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: November 18, 2012, 10:28:06 PM »

the dark knight rises - bloody fantastic. loved tom hardy as bane. i actually had some empathy for his c

Didn't like it as a Batman film.

It was almost completely untrue to the Batman mythology in regards to what Bane is / was along with more than a few other things.

It was a pretty good Superhero film, but it should never have had "Batman" in it.
bradistani
Getbig V

Golan-Globus Productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: November 25, 2012, 01:36:57 PM »

Didn't like it as a Batman film.

It was almost completely untrue to the Batman mythology in regards to what Bane is / was along with more than a few other things.

It was a pretty good Superhero film, but it should never have had "Batman" in it.

deshi, deshi! basara, basara! deshi, deshi! basara, basara! deshi, deshi! basara, basara!
CalvinH
Getbig V

The Y boarders are Ron's merry band of misfits.

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 26, 2012, 07:00:24 AM »

Skyfall Cool
funk51
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 26, 2012, 08:18:13 AM »

Skyfall Cool
skyfall and later dawn of the dead, ving rhames one ,nice flick for the holidays.
bradistani
Getbig V

Golan-Globus Productions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: November 27, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »

sinister - yeah, wasn't bad at all. had some creepy moments interesting/decent story to it.. well worth a watch.

garebear
Time Out
Getbig V

Never question my instincts.

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 28, 2012, 06:01:13 AM »

I watched "End of Watch" and "Lawless" today.

"End of Watch" was great, and "Lawless" was ok.

Watch "End of Watch". Very good movie.

G
lulu
Getbig IV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: November 28, 2012, 07:18:43 AM »

I didn't know they had a movie / biography on the real "Horse Whisperer"

I will look for it
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!