Author Topic: what was the last film(s) you watched?  (Read 186018 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: what was the last film(s) you watched?
« Reply #325 on: September 12, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »
Doc Martin with Martin Clunes.

Drama  TV-PG

When successful but unhappy Doctor Martin Bamford discovers his wife, Petronella, has been sleeping with three of his friends, his world is ripped apart. Bamford flees London and heads for the small fishing village of Port Isaac, on the north coast of Cornwall. DOC MARTIN: THE MOVIE tells the story of Martin Bamford as he works out the big questions in his life.
DISTRIBUTOR: American Public Television
APT PROGRAM SERVICE: Syndication
PRODUCER: Digital Rights Group (DRG)

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #326 on: September 16, 2012, 06:40:58 PM »
The Possession.....stupid.
T

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: September 17, 2012, 08:02:04 AM »
chopping mall - security robots malfunction and go on a killing spree in a shopping mall. ludicrous 80s fun and barbara cramptons tits as an added bonus.

the asylum tapes - more found footage nonsense set in an abandoned insane asylum. the actual location was superb and creepy as fuck. the film itself was a complete dud despite one or two creepy moments. this was infact directed by oliver stones son, sean stone. and also features stone senior at the beginning of the film.  

apartment 143 - pretty good horror film

the tall man - a twist reveals a truly absurd premise for this crap starring jessica biel.  

lovely molly - i liked this quite a bit. had some pretty creepy moments. the lead character is pretty and is nude quite a few times. infact there's one hell of a great love scene in it.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #328 on: October 29, 2012, 09:11:22 PM »
Just watched a few interesting films last night. I tried to watch "The Artist", but it bored the heck out of me, ...kept dozing off, ..not a good thing when you've got a silent film with subtitles going, so I quickly shut it off.

Saw "The Iron Lady." 2011  starring 2 of my all time favourite character actors Meryl Streep & Jim Broadbent

All I can say is Wow!! I found both women to be simply amazing.
Politics aside, you can't help but to find new found respect for Margaret Thatcher.

Trailer - Iron Lady

Beyond The Trailer - Review of Iron Lady

Also saw the 2012 BBC Documentary - Margaret Thatcher - The Iron Lady which was mainly news correspondents discussing their experiences with Mrs. Thatcher, and providing their own analysies & perspectives, interspersed with archival footage from the time.

Also saw "The Joneses" 2009 starring Demi Moore & David Duchovney.

Loved it. It was a bit of a mind-f**k, but great movie nonetheless, ...and not a bad gig.  :P

Plot: The Joneses are rich, beautiful and seem to be the perfect family. There's only one slight problem. When it comes to the truth as to why they're living in that upscale community, all is not necessarily what it appears to be.

The Joneses - trailer

What can I say... I just stocked up on about 153 titles that I've wanted to see, but somehow never quite got around to... including 4 seasons of Dr. Who  :D
w

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #329 on: October 31, 2012, 05:30:15 PM »
Watched the new Dredd. In 3d.  The 3d was a joke, and with stolen nods from better films like Blade Runner to The Raid there really wasn't any original/good moments. To the plus, the popcorn was fresh and I refilled my soda cup twice.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: November 01, 2012, 09:14:11 PM »
30 Days of Night.... again, well done i'd say.
T

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: November 06, 2012, 05:33:29 PM »
total recall - the action scenes were fucking great. the effects looked fantastic. well, apart from the lens flare that is. beckinsale kicked ass like a good 'un and biel looked great too. oh!i liked the blade runner-esque look to the city and the nods th the original and those robot things looked awesome. however, the plot was paper thin and i wasn't exactly sure what was going on at times  :-[ and there wasn't much of any character development unlike in the original.

three boobed girl, though pointless, was gorgeous...

ever notice farrell always does that annoying thing with his eyes ?

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: November 12, 2012, 11:25:31 AM »
the amazing spider-man - i liked it. dunno if it was any better than raimi's effort, but garfield as spiderman sure as hell is a lot better than maguire. same with emma stone being way better (and hotter) in her role than dunst.

willie dynamite - average blaxploitation starring that bald chap from sesame st. the pimp costumes were great, not that that made up for the sever lack of female nudity, but it helped.

chernobyl diaries - not as absolutely terrible as reviews suggest.

wrong turn 5 - well it was certainly much better than wt4. dunno if that's saying much though.

dark shadows - pfifer looked beautiful, as did helena bonham carter. sadly i was bored shitless through most of this 'comedy' that barely raised a few chuckles. burton is done! hard to believe it's the same man that gave us the magnificent , 'ed wood' and ' edward scissor hands'

when the lights went out - british 'supposedly based on a true story' supernatural horror set in the 70s. complete and utter rubbish.

the thing - carpenters brilliant film looking even better on blu. the practical effects in this 80s masterpiece totally blows the shite cgi effects of the 2011 prequel well and truly out of the water!!

ted - fucking brilliant! the 'flash gordon' scene is pant pissingly awesome :8

the apparition - set your expectations at absolute rock bottom.... then leave them there!

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: November 15, 2012, 02:08:51 PM »
The Amazing Spiderman was about a million times better than any of Raimi's shit.

well i haven't seen raimis spiderman in quite some time.. i don't recall them being bad though  ??? the first two at least...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: November 15, 2012, 06:19:09 PM »
Most recently, I watched a biographical movie about the man who was the inspiration for the Robert Redford movie, The Horse Whisperer, Buck Brannaman. He is an amazing man who came from very unfortunate circumstances. As a boy, Buck and his brother were severely abused by their father who was an alcoholic. The abuse became even more unbearable after their mother died. Somehow, as if risen from the ashes, Buck has done amazing and wonderful things with training horses and is a loving and caring family man as well. Just goes to show that we aren't destined to carry on a family culture of abuse.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #335 on: November 17, 2012, 02:32:16 AM »
Most recently, I watched a biographical movie about the man who was the inspiration for the Robert Redford movie, The Horse Whisperer, Buck Brannaman. He is an amazing man who came from very unfortunate circumstances. As a boy, Buck and his brother were severely abused by their father who was an alcoholic. The abuse became even more unbearable after their mother died. Somehow, as if risen from the ashes, Buck has done amazing and wonderful things with training horses and is a loving and caring family man as well. Just goes to show that we aren't destined to carry on a family culture of abuse.

Yeah, I remember that documentary. Pretty good.

I recently watched "The Fog of War" again. It's about the life of Robert McNamara. Great documentary!
G

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: November 18, 2012, 06:35:08 PM »
the dark knight rises - bloody fantastic. loved tom hardy as bane. i actually had some empathy for his character. look forward to getting this on blue and watching the whole trilogy in one.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: November 25, 2012, 12:36:57 PM »
Didn't like it as a Batman film.

It was almost completely untrue to the Batman mythology in regards to what Bane is / was along with more than a few other things.

It was a pretty good Superhero film, but it should never have had "Batman" in it.

deshi, deshi! basara, basara! deshi, deshi! basara, basara! deshi, deshi! basara, basara!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2012, 06:00:24 AM »
Skyfall 8)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2012, 07:18:13 AM »
Skyfall 8)
skyfall and later dawn of the dead, ving rhames one ,nice flick for the holidays.
F

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: November 27, 2012, 01:08:20 PM »
sinister - yeah, wasn't bad at all. had some creepy moments interesting/decent story to it.. well worth a watch.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #341 on: November 28, 2012, 05:01:13 AM »
I watched "End of Watch" and "Lawless" today.

"End of Watch" was great, and "Lawless" was ok.

Watch "End of Watch". Very good movie.

G

lulu

• Getbig III
« Reply #342 on: November 28, 2012, 06:18:43 AM »

I didn't know they had a movie / biography on the real "Horse Whisperer"

I will look for it

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: November 28, 2012, 11:11:36 AM »
wreck-it ralph with my niece and nephew

not bad

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #344 on: November 28, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »
wreck-it ralph with my niece and nephew

not bad

Loved it... Genius on so many levels.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #345 on: November 28, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »
Valhalla Rising

Hated it the first time I watched it. Waited for a week. Watched it again.

Masterpiece.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #346 on: November 29, 2012, 07:00:27 AM »
dirty work  not bad
F

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: December 01, 2012, 09:00:08 PM »
Savages
T

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #348 on: December 22, 2012, 12:15:00 PM »
jack reacher not bad except for bathroom scene.
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: December 22, 2012, 02:01:27 PM »
Last night I watched a documentary titled 'The Queen of Versailles' which is about David Seigel, owner of Westgate Resorts, allegedly the largest time-share company in the world and his wife Jackie. The film chronicles their indulgent lives following the crash of 2008 when David's earning power was impacted. They were building the largest home in the U.S. in Florida which is modeled after Versailles in France. Their monster house has 90,000 square feet. Construction, which was halted for several years, resumed in 2011 after the filming of this documentary. Apparently, David's financial status has improved.

In the recent Presidential election, David Seigel was among those who informed his 60,000 employees that should Obama be reelected, there would be massive layoffs. This didn't happen of course. In fact, Seigel has managed an average 5% salary increase for his employees.

If you want to see how some of the 1% live, watch this film. It may astonish you as it did me. These aren't happy people. They are simply rich people who have lost every concept of what a good life really means. Unfortunately, so have their children, it would seem.