Author Topic: Bob Chick - modern pros vs classic pros - bullshit on gear  (Read 12216 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Bob Chick Is A Lying Sack Of Shit.
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2011, 11:11:48 PM »
God damn, you gotta give Bob credit for still posting on here with all the bullshit he has to put up with!

Bobs a cool guy and has accomplished much more in bodybuilding than all of us, some of you need to give credit where credit is due and stop being so damn bitter all the time!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2011, 03:44:26 AM »
Naaaaaah....they just had a "Moral Compass" that prevented them from taking anything over Basile-like quantities.   

Not a moral compass, but what they considered safe and effective by the standards of that day. The philosophy was that steroids were a compliment to training, and not that drugs did most of the job like today. If the bodybuilders of the 1970s took as much as modern pros, then answer me the following questions: Why there has seldom if ever been a case of the old timers having liver and kidney damage, whilst there are so many modern pros with damaged kidneys and liver? Why do all bodybuilding writers and bodybuilders themselves say that modern pros take much more than the 1970s pros took? Why do several modern pros like Munzer and Benazia died due to complication from drug use, but I've never heard of any old timers die from damage caused by steroids. The biggest piece of evidence that they took less, though, besides the much lower incidence of side effects that they experienced compared to modern pros, is the fact that they were much smaller. I am sorry, but neither insulin nor GH are anabolic enough to cause a gain of over 50 lean pounds without a concomitant increase in sterroid dose.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 04:15:27 AM »
Its NOT complicated...unless youre retarded enough to believe that the body has no "ceiling" when it comes to its ability to utilize AAS.

The pro's of yesteryear took everything under the sun....it's what the gear of the time, diet, knowledge, allowed.

So basically, the pros went from competition weight of 210 lbs to 280 lbs by just adding insulin and GH with no concomitant increase in steroid dose? Bull...fucking...shit. Let's see...my 86 year-old grandfather takes GH 3 times a week to combat lethargy and poor muscle tone, and even though he has more defined muscles than what his age would otherwise allow, he has gained very little weight since then. I know women who use GH for fat loss and they hardly become Kim Chizevsky from it. I have a cousin who injects insulin every day, several times a day, workouts and he has less muscle than what a normal dude his age has. Neither GH nor insulin have  

Now, if you argue that GH and insulin potentiate the effects of steroids, first of all there is no evidence of that besides anecdotal. Also, even if true, it cannot explain up to 70 lean pounds. It is too much. Common sense tells me this is bullshit. And it can only be insulin and GH, because all the steroids we have today have been available in the market since the 1960s with only the name of the brand name changing. And IGF-1 is too expensive(hundreds of Dollars per dose) for even pros with endorsement contracts to be using. Here are the reasons why I believe it is certain that modern bodybuilders take more steroids than old timers:

1. Several modern pros have experienced liver and kidney damage which is typical of steroid(Tom Prince, Don Long, Flex Wheeler, Matarazzo) and not insulin or GH use, whilst I am not aware of any pros from the 1970s that experienced damaged liver and kidneys - there might be, but they are certainly much less than modern pros. One modern pro even died(Munzer) This tells me that the doses of steroids have increased since otherwise the incidence of kidney and liver problems in modern bodybuilders would be as low as that of pros from the 1960s and 1970s and we wouldn't have a pro actually dying from it like Munzer did - and no, he didn't die due to diuretics. It was primarilly heart and liver failure from steroids.

2. Several very successful  bodybuilders who competed in the 1980s and were still young in the 1990s retired because they claimed the dosages that needed to be taken to remain competitive were getting ridiculous and they didn't want to jeopardize their health such Shawn Ray, Francis Benfatto.

3. Several bodybuilding insiders who have been coaching bodybuilders for decades state that the doses today are much higher than in the past. Charles Glass, who has been training bodybuilders for over 20 years, flat out said in MuscleMag that the amounts taken by modern pros are nightmarish compared to what they took when he was a youth starting to help pros prepare for contests.

4. Finally, the size increase. Try to explain it away by the introduction of insulin and GH, but it cannot explain the 60-90 pounds of lean muscle that pros have gained over the last 25 years. Neither insulin or GH are anabolic enough to explain that. It has be have been a massive increase in steroid doses. If insulin and GH can potentiate steroids to this degree, I want to see hardcore evidence for it. I am willing to retract and admit that I was wrong if anyone can prove to me that just adding GH and insulin to stroids can cause an increase in mass of up to 90 lbs without an increase in steroid dose. I know several people who take GH and insulin on their own and neither these compounds are very anabolic. They may synergistically increase the anabolic effect of steroids, but I don't think based on how anabolic they are by themselves that they can cause these ginormous mass increases without increasing the doses of steroids as well.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 04:18:00 AM »
Suckmymuscle has been offline since he started this thread... ;D ;D

Yeah, because just like you I had nothing better to do on a Saturday night than argue with a guido on an internet message board all night long.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2011, 04:22:56 AM »
  Yeah, because just like you I had nothing better to do on a Saturday night than argue with a guido on an internet message board all night long.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Actually having "things to do" on saturday is gay  :-\

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2011, 04:28:01 AM »
Maybe some of this size difference nowdays could be due to the fact that the pros switched from training their legs hard and heavy twice a week (which was the norm in the 70s and 80s) to just once a week (which became the norm in the 90s until now). Just saying...

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2011, 04:35:02 AM »
Actually having "things to do" on saturday is gay  :-\

x2

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2011, 04:37:35 AM »
Chick is watching you.

O

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2011, 04:47:07 AM »
 Not a moral compass, but what they considered safe and effective by the standards of that day. The philosophy was that steroids were a compliment to training, and not that drugs did most of the job like today. If the bodybuilders of the 1970s took as much as modern pros, then answer me the following questions: Why there has seldom if ever been a case of the old timers having liver and kidney damage, whilst there are so many modern pros with damaged kidneys and liver? Why do all bodybuilding writers and bodybuilders themselves say that modern pros take much more than the 1970s pros took? Why do several modern pros like Munzer and Benazia died due to complication from drug use, but I've never heard of any old timers die from damage caused by steroids. The biggest piece of evidence that they took less, though, besides the much lower incidence of side effects that they experienced compared to modern pros, is the fact that they were much smaller. I am sorry, but neither insulin nor GH are anabolic enough to cause a gain of over 50 lean pounds without a concomitant increase in sterroid dose.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
GREAT post!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2011, 04:55:50 AM »
Bob is a real pro bodybuilder with an extensive resume  in BB and shows like American Gladiators, etc.
While it is fine to disagree with him, you should give the man some respect for his standing in the sport.

Most will just sit behind their cpu and lack the basic integrity to post under their real name.
It is pretty lame to hurl insults sitting hidden in the weeds.

What extensive resume? If you mean an extensive resume of failures, then I agree with you:

- Failed as a pro bodybuilder - never placed well at the really top shows.

- Failed as an I.F.B.B representative. Even Shawna was better than him.

- Failed as a Hollywood star - more people know who Dolph Lundgren is than Chick, and he hasn't made a film in 15 years.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2011, 04:58:29 AM »
  What extensive resume? If you mean an extensive resume of failures, then I agree with you:

- Failed as a Hollywood star - more people know who Dolph Lundgren is than Chick, and he hasn't made a film in 15 years.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Yeah, poor Bob never won a show and never got adime from bodybuilding, supplement company and acting industries  ::)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2011, 05:02:13 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

::) ::) ::)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2011, 05:06:41 AM »
Yeah, poor Bob never won a show and never got adime from bodybuilding, supplement company and acting industries  ::)

Mr.Olympia he is not. Tom Cruise he is not. And being hired by a supplement company is not like having your own brand of Nike tennis shoes.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2011, 05:08:08 AM »

Even Gerard Depardieu is better known than Chick...in the U.S.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2011, 05:19:54 AM »
  Even Gerard Depardieu is better known than Chick...in the U.S.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I don't like Chick very much, but come on, give the guy a break.

He's a bodybuilder that had 2 or 3 20 second roles in some shitty movies, can't compare that to the biggest french actor.

Guy's an asshole and lying most of the time, but his statements about the oldtimers is spot on imo.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2011, 05:21:42 AM »
Chick is watching you.

Are you sure he's not just watching himself???

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2011, 05:37:26 AM »
STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2011, 05:42:36 AM »
God damn, you gotta give Bob credit for still posting on here with all the bullshit he has to put up with!

Bobs a cool guy and has accomplished much more in bodybuilding than all of us, some of you need to give credit where credit is due and stop being so damn bitter all the time!

Exactly - one of the few guys who can realistically make a living from bodybuilding without needing to have won the Mr Olympia - and he still comes on here and takes all the shit from the usual clowns.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2011, 05:43:47 AM »
Exactly - one of the few guys who can realistically make a living from bodybuilding without needing to have won the Mr Olympia - and he still comes on here and takes all the shit from the usual clowns.

AGREED!  Bob is a good, stand-up guy AND from ROCK CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2011, 06:06:06 AM »
 So basically, the pros went from competition weight of 210 lbs to 280 lbs by just adding insulin and GH with no concomitant increase in steroid dose? Bull...fucking...shit. Let's see...my 86 year-old grandfather takes GH 3 times a week to combat lethargy and poor muscle tone, and even though he has more defined muscles than what his age would otherwise allow, he has gained very little weight since then. I know women who use GH for fat loss and they hardly become Kim Chizevsky from it. I have a cousin who injects insulin every day, several times a day, workouts and he has less muscle than what a normal dude his age has. Neither GH nor insulin have  

Now, if you argue that GH and insulin potentiate the effects of steroids, first of all there is no evidence of that besides anecdotal. Also, even if true, it cannot explain up to 70 lean pounds. It is too much. Common sense tells me this is bullshit. And it can only be insulin and GH, because all the steroids we have today have been available in the market since the 1960s with only the name of the brand name changing. And IGF-1 is too expensive(hundreds of Dollars per dose) for even pros with endorsement contracts to be using. Here are the reasons why I believe it is certain that modern bodybuilders take more steroids than old timers:

1. Several modern pros have experienced liver and kidney damage which is typical of steroid(Tom Prince, Don Long, Flex Wheeler, Matarazzo) and not insulin or GH use, whilst I am not aware of any pros from the 1970s that experienced damaged liver and kidneys - there might be, but they are certainly much less than modern pros. One modern pro even died(Munzer) This tells me that the doses of steroids have increased since otherwise the incidence of kidney and liver problems in modern bodybuilders would be as low as that of pros from the 1960s and 1970s and we wouldn't have a pro actually dying from it like Munzer did - and no, he didn't die due to diuretics. It was primarilly heart and liver failure from steroids.

2. Several very successful  bodybuilders who competed in the 1980s and were still young in the 1990s retired because they claimed the dosages that needed to be taken to remain competitive were getting ridiculous and they didn't want to jeopardize their health such Shawn Ray, Francis Benfatto.

3. Several bodybuilding insiders who have been coaching bodybuilders for decades state that the doses today are much higher than in the past. Charles Glass, who has been training bodybuilders for over 20 years, flat out said in MuscleMag that the amounts taken by modern pros are nightmarish compared to what they took when he was a youth starting to help pros prepare for contests.

4. Finally, the size increase. Try to explain it away by the introduction of insulin and GH, but it cannot explain the 60-90 pounds of lean muscle that pros have gained over the last 25 years. Neither insulin or GH are anabolic enough to explain that. It has be have been a massive increase in steroid doses. If insulin and GH can potentiate steroids to this degree, I want to see hardcore evidence for it. I am willing to retract and admit that I was wrong if anyone can prove to me that just adding GH and insulin to stroids can cause an increase in mass of up to 90 lbs without an increase in steroid dose. I know several people who take GH and insulin on their own and neither these compounds are very anabolic. They may synergistically increase the anabolic effect of steroids, but I don't think based on how anabolic they are by themselves that they can cause these ginormous mass increases without increasing the doses of steroids as well.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

He wasn't a body builder, but Lyle Alzado did so many injectables that he had to have surgery to remove cyst from his arse.  He later died from a brain tumor in which he blamed from steroid use, but I am not sure was ever actually ever proven.  I think the size difference isn't wheter or not the pros are abusing more, is that the physiology of muscle content and the bodies need for growth is better understood today.  And lets not forget how oil has been a new mix for some of our currrent mass monsters.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2011, 06:43:33 AM »
a much needed thread whose time is long long over due.

not a day goes by where the bodybuilding industry doesnt have to deal with some kind of screw up and blunder directly linked to bobby's stupidity.

his once youthful body is now ravaged by father time-and its quite sad that instead of realizing his glory days are over forever, he continues to try and fit in with the younger more well known and popular meatheads.

his lies, bad attitute,and his questionable past all are strong parts of the tornado of failure that bob subjects other people to be caught in just because he knows them.

Im willling to bet he doesnt even have a parking space at bsn headquarters.

his only accomplishments as far as i know are walking on a rickity old treadmill and getting out of breath, stepping in dog poop, not knowing how to speak into the microphone correctly during a voice over session, sitting down to watch pj braun squat,susposedly hosting arm pit sniffing sessions, and angering lou ferrigno because he was so out of shape when he played him in that dumb movie.

just leave us alone bobby chciky boom boom and stop yelling at people on this forum.

Are you suggesting that when Bob heads to BSN for work, they don't have anything for him to do except grab the outgoing mail and sweep the floors? And at lunch time, he heads out to his car (parked on the street two blocks away) and grabs a Bob-bowl from the cooler in his trunk and eats it while sitting on the curb?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2011, 06:46:26 AM »
I love Gene's battles with Bob.
O

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2011, 07:28:46 AM »
You know when your life sucks when you worry so much about a person on an internet forum, who you'll never meet, and who has no impact on your real life what so ever.

lesaucer

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2011, 07:40:48 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

lol, says the guy posting on gb all day long, waiting his father death to take his money, pathetic

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2011, 11:30:50 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE
well,
all the stuff we have tody was there back then as well.
exept hgh and the slin we have today.
only thing that changed, is hgh megadosing together with slin.
and..... alot more test! because of hgh you can use more of it.
other anabolics will be about the same.

Oh livers and kidney's will be fine on steroids, just make sure your bp is ok!
problems in that area are due to diuretics and (rec) drugs.
Munzer died because he supressed his estrogen tooo long en to much with cytadren.
That got him sick, also using epo did not help him in his final moments.

guys from the 70 and 80's were using a lot!
steroids were cheap, readily available and not illegal.
if you were a bb ate that time and saw your buddy take 1000mg of steroids a week, what would yu be doing to get an edge?
that's right.... same as they did.. up the dose!
Be Happy,
Optimus