Author Topic: Greatest Sports Memories  (Read 23550 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Greatest Sports Memories
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 08:40:52 AM »
First time beating Bald Bull on the Mike Tyson video game...

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 10:19:51 AM »

I had the same thrill.  All those times I would try to block the blow when he charged...discovered by accident to just move to the side and uppercut him. 
~

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 08:34:02 PM »
Did you have your strong hatred for Kentucky at that time, or did that come later?

I was in the Army during the Duke game but I was at home with my (at the time) new wife.  The UNC-Michigan game took place a few months after I left the Army.

Kentucky hatred came later.  It really started when I went to see the Regional finals UNC vs Kentucky in Birmingham.  Can't remember the year but it was Dean vs Pitino and the crowd was about 75% UK fans and they were the most obnoxious fans I have ever seen.  EVERY call was whined about, no matter if it was an obvious foul, etc...  almost got into it with a guy sitting in front of me, but his friends wisely told him to shut up.  Best part was that over the last couple of minutes wallace and stackhouse had about 5 dunks and I yelled all the way back to the car.  Fun experience, but since that day UK basketball fans rank up there with Ohio State football fans as the most annoying asshats on the planet.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 05:50:38 PM »

lol.  Took me forever too.   :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2012, 08:53:17 AM »
I had the same thrill.  All those times I would try to block the blow when he charged...discovered by accident to just move to the side and uppercut him. 
lol.  Took me forever too.   :)

Lol.I can't remember if someone showed me how to beat him or if I learned myself ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2012, 07:46:55 AM »
;D i got pretty many i was in attendance when derek jeter hit a homerun for his 3000 hits. i was in phillie when joe carter got his 2000 hits. i saw mark mcgwire take batting practice in phillie and than hit a centerfield upperdeck shot in the game. barry bonds hitting a hr and next time up rickey bo who just got in the game plunk him in the ass on the first pitch, rickey bo got a black eye and an ejection for his trouble. i was there when tom tresh hit 3 hrs in one game and on and on.
not as big a deal but i was at yesterday's yankee game and bore  witness to derek jeter getting his 3141 st hit tying tony gwynn for 17 th on the all-time hit list.
F

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 07:20:18 PM »
not as big a deal but i was at yesterday's yankee game and bore  witness to derek jeter getting his 3141 st hit tying tony gwynn for 17 th on the all-time hit list.

Gwynn is only 17th?  Wow.  Thought he would have been much higher. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2012, 07:07:08 AM »
Gwynn is only 17th?  Wow.  Thought he would have been much higher. 

His son is rockin and rolling for my Big Blue Dodgers... (Best Record in the Majors...)

Ill tell you what... if the Dodgers win the WS.... i will go on a week long drinking and partying binge...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2012, 03:37:16 PM »
His son is rockin and rolling for my Big Blue Dodgers... (Best Record in the Majors...)

Ill tell you what... if the Dodgers win the WS.... i will go on a week long drinking and partying binge...

lol.  I was trying to explain to a non-sports fan how weird it is that the performance of your favorite team can affect how you feel. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »
lol.  I was trying to explain to a non-sports fan how weird it is that the performance of your favorite team can affect how you feel. 
that's true yesterday i got a double dose of it, phillies beat the boston red sox than sixers beat the boston celtics now if only the iggles could ever beat the patriots....
F

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2012, 02:53:38 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2012, 03:20:57 PM »
Most of these would result in a fine or suspension today.   ::)

Part 2:

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 06:04:17 AM »
Giants Superbowl in 86
Jeter diving into the stands and coming out with a bloody face but still making the catch against the Red Sox.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2012, 07:34:17 AM »

My friends can tell how the Dodgers are doing by my mood...The dodgers got swept by the gay SF Giants... I was the meanest fuck for like 2 days... and i keep off of sports center

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2012, 12:38:43 PM »
My friends can tell how the Dodgers are doing by my mood...The dodgers got swept by the gay SF Giants... I was the meanest fuck for like 2 days... and i keep off of sports center

Well you got Magic involved now, so the future looks good.   :)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »

C'mon, you know that's how baseball goes.  The best will rise over the course of the 162, but they're always going to lose 60+ games, and to crappy teams at that.   All the crap that you see that costs a game levels out and they get it back over the season.

Then the playoffs arrives and it's a combination of timing, luck, and skill.

Getting into the SABR side of the game has dulled the season for me.  That, and the fact that the Yankees have been a ridiclous 82% chance of making the playoffs in ST for the past decade or so.

In other words, I can't get too emotional over the regular season these days.
Y

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2012, 01:01:39 PM »
C'mon, you know that's how baseball goes.  The best will rise over the course of the 162, but they're always going to lose 60+ games, and to crappy teams at that.   All the crap that you see that costs a game levels out and they get it back over the season.

Then the playoffs arrives and it's a combination of timing, luck, and skill.

Getting into the SABR side of the game has dulled the season for me.  That, and the fact that the Yankees have been a ridiclous 82% chance of making the playoffs in ST for the past decade or so.

In other words, I can't get too emotional over the regular season these days.

I know.. but as a dodger fan, this season is a bit more critical for me. I went in with an unhealthy amount of Optimism. So im overly emotionally invested this season.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2012, 09:36:36 PM »
I know.. but as a dodger fan, this season is a bit more critical for me. I went in with an unhealthy amount of Optimism. So im overly emotionally invested this season.

Understandable.  You should be optimistic, but you need Kemp to stay healthy, and a decent acquisition at the deadline.

If LA can land Hamels or Greinke to pair up with that staff, watch out....
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 04:15:42 PM »
Jalen Rose's take on Kobe's 81 points.  Pretty funny. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2012, 03:42:50 PM »
lol....I always liked Jalen Rose and his opinions. It seems like everything he says on TV, he always has this 'are you serious?' look on his face.

One of the best trash talkers in college basketball history when he was with the fab five.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2014, 02:02:38 PM »
 :o  They don't get more difficult than this.  Definitely one of the best catches I've seen.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2015, 04:07:18 PM »
Absolutely love this.  Joe still rules.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »
Absolutely love it.