Author Topic: Question For gh15 RE: Powerlifters  (Read 19380 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Question For gh15 RE: Powerlifters
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2011, 12:52:23 PM »
Yeah well, at least i have a life outside the gym, and a life outside this board, on which you seem to be posting at least 10 hours a day. See you around buddy, keep on lying.  :-*

Dude...you're a freaking DJ ::)

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »
I'm afraid you are mistaking me for somebody else. Anyway, even if i was a DJ, why would that make me worse than you? Your misplaced arrogance is quite laughable really. You're a personal trainer who's posting lies on bb forums for hours a day. Yes you sure are saving the world with your "job".  ;)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2011, 01:11:33 PM »
I'm afraid you are mistaking me for somebody else. Anyway, even if i was a DJ, why would that make me worse than you? Your misplaced arrogance is quite laughable really. You're a personal trainer who's posting lies on bb forums for hours a day. Yes you sure are saving the world with your "job".  ;)

LOL...ok. Not trying to "save the world with my job". You couldn't do my job and can't do yours (what ever that might be).

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2011, 01:13:38 PM »
 8) Note cast on George Frenns leg in first pic............over 700 I think.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2011, 01:15:12 PM »
 8)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2011, 01:20:52 PM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2011, 01:22:30 PM »
 :'(

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2011, 01:22:43 PM »
you think a professional alchoholic and recreational steroid user
benched as much as the best powerlifter in history??  :'(
ummmmm
no

Back in the mid 90's, Tank Abbott was a 300lb monster that was extremely strong, did 315lb upright rows, 150lb swinging bumbell curls(!) and benched 585 regularly. Sounds to me like you should do some research on him before you judge him on his last few forgettable years and performances.

And no that lift wasnt legal so technically hes not lifting as much as "the best powerlifter in histoy" lol
Hope that helped you..  ???

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2011, 01:25:47 PM »
Back in the mid 90's, Tank Abbott was a 300lb monster that was extremely strong, did 315lb upright rows, 150lb swinging bumbell curls(!) and benched 585 regularly. Sounds to me like you should do some research on him before you judge him on his last few forgettable years and performances.

And no that lift wasnt legal so technically hes not lifting as much as "the best powerlifter in histoy" lol

If it's not in record books or didn't compete..it didn't happen - Monster Triceps and just about everyone else on GB.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2011, 01:30:16 PM »
If it's not in record books or didn't compete..it didn't happen - Monster Triceps and just about everyone else on GB.

Well what about your 585lb bench at 180lbs that everyone on here is always talking about..I mean thats incredible, where is the official data on that lift? Should I even keep going with this??  ???

Tank Abbott is a strong mofo, period.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
Well what about your 585lb bench at 180lbs that everyone on here is always talking about..I mean thats incredible, where is the official data on that lift? Should I even keep going with this??  ???

Tank Abbott is a strong mofo, period.

It was 535, regardless, if you an absolute 1RM that you barley eaked out then experienced lifters and trainers would know that even though you got that lift anything more, even a 2-5lb increase beyond that weight might feel like a lot more and might take along time to get to and sometimes you never even get to it. That extra 2-5lbs might feel like an extra 50lbs if that makes any sense. I've ALWAYS had a strong upper body and am basically built to bench, thick chest/short arms. 

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2011, 02:09:53 PM »
It was 535, regardless, if you an absolute 1RM that you barley eaked out then experienced lifters and trainers would know that even though you got that lift anything more, even a 2-5lb increase beyond that weight might feel like a lot more and might take along time to get to and sometimes you never even get to it. That extra 2-5lbs might feel like an extra 50lbs if that makes any sense. I've ALWAYS had a strong upper body and am basically built to bench, thick chest/short arms. 

And your a small frame dude, so that makes it even more unbelievable. But if you say so I guess  ???

BTW You think a 6'1" 300lb+ Tank Abbott would have trouble out benching you?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2011, 02:11:07 PM »
I'm not that small of frame, short in stature but not small framed.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2011, 02:13:39 PM »

HE ALWAYS SUCKED

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2011, 02:15:14 PM »
No, he's another who was built to bench, thich chest, short arms and wasn't afraid to take gear. In contrast I was training with Gus Rethwich at that time, and wasn't strong in bench. Brutally strong in everything else tho. We would always bench together.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2011, 02:37:48 PM »
HE ALWAYS SUCKED

He kicked ass in 1995   

Did you miss something   ???

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »
He kicked ass in 1995  

Did you miss something   ???

1995 L0L. YAH LIKE THE LEVEL 0F C0MPETITI0N WAS THE SAME BACK THEN.  YAH AT THAT TIME Y0U HAD CANS FIGHTING. GUYS THAT STRICTLY DID 0NE DISCIPLINE. THEY WERE N0T C0MPLETE FIGHTERS.  ::)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2011, 05:43:10 PM »
:'(

That's a great series of shots, pretty  :-\ the way Scott Wilson's bicep just rolled up on him. Those guys were tough back then.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2011, 05:44:19 PM »
1995 L0L. YAH LIKE THE LEVEL 0F C0MPETITI0N WAS THE SAME BACK THEN.  YAH AT THAT TIME Y0U HAD CANS FIGHTING. GUYS THAT STRICTLY DID 0NE DISCIPLINE. THEY WERE N0T C0MPLETE FIGHTERS.  ::)

Yeah I guess Royce Gracie sucked to   ::)

This was NHB fighting, not a watered down governed strict rule enforced reality show cage fight. Tank Abbott at that time was the last mother fucker you would ever wanna fuck with in a bar. Was one hard bastard too.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2011, 05:48:19 PM »
Yeah I guess Royce Gracie sucked to   ::)

This was NHB fighting, not a watered down governed strict rule enforced reality show cage fight. Tank Abbott at that time was the last mother fucker you would ever wanna fuck with in a bar. Was one hard bastard too.

Y0U HAD A FEW G00D FIGHTERS AT THAT TIME AND R0YCE G0T HIS ASS KICKED BY MATT HUGHES. TANK WAS ALWAYS A STREET FIGHTER WH0 L0ST T0 E VERY C0MPLETE FIGHTER INCLUDING D0N FRYE AND TAKTAR0V. THE GUY 0NLY BEAT CANS.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »

Y0U HAD A FEW G00D FIGHTERS AT THAT TIME AND R0YCE G0T HIS ASS KICKED BY MATT HUGHES. TANK WAS ALWAYS A STREET FIGHTER WH0 L0ST T0 E VERY C0MPLETE FIGHTER INCLUDING D0N FRYE AND TAKTAR0V. THE GUY 0NLY BEAT CANS.

Frye got lucky and you know it. And he went 18 minutes with Oleg till the bitter end, and Taktarov went out with a respirator on his face. Your trying to make it seem like Tank got his ass kicked by those guys when really he didn't.

He's also one of the hardest hitters ever too btw, you should know all this  ??? ???

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2011, 06:04:20 PM »
Frye got lucky and you know it. And he went 18 minutes with Oleg till the bitter end, and Taktarov went out with a respirator on his face. Your trying to make it seem like Tank got his ass kicked by those guys when really he didn't.

He's also one of the hardest hitters ever too btw, you should know all this  ??? ???

HE STILL L0ST DIDN'T HE. ALS0 TAKTAR0V WAS NEVER AN ELITE FIGHTER. HE G0T HIS ASS KICKED BY G00DRIDGE. FRYE DIDN'T GET LUCKY HE TAPPED HIM 0UT IN A MINUTE. YAH HEAVY HITTER AGAINST FIGHTERS WH0 HAVE L0SING REC0RDS. L00K MAN Y0U 0BVI0USLY D0N'T KN0W JACK SHIT AB0UT MMA IF Y0U DID Y0U W0ULDN'T SAY TANK IS/WAS A G00D FIGHTER. BRB BEING A G00D FIGHTER YET NEVER WINNING A FIGHT AGAINST AN AVERAGE LEVEL FIGHTER.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2011, 06:50:14 PM »
HE STILL L0ST DIDN'T HE. ALS0 TAKTAR0V WAS NEVER AN ELITE FIGHTER. HE G0T HIS ASS KICKED BY G00DRIDGE. FRYE DIDN'T GET LUCKY HE TAPPED HIM 0UT IN A MINUTE. YAH HEAVY HITTER AGAINST FIGHTERS WH0 HAVE L0SING REC0RDS. L00K MAN Y0U 0BVI0USLY D0N'T KN0W JACK SHIT AB0UT MMA IF Y0U DID Y0U W0ULDN'T SAY TANK IS/WAS A G00D FIGHTER. BRB BEING A G00D FIGHTER YET NEVER WINNING A FIGHT AGAINST AN AVERAGE LEVEL FIGHTER.

When did I ever say Tank was a good MMA fighter? You are completely misinterpreting what Im saying, cease and desist please. Tank was a very dangerous fighter for his time and had some crazy knockouts, but when more skilled strikers came along that actually trained he couldnt keep up and faded away. He would of smashed Royce Gracie who was considered the best at that time which is why the UFC wouldnt bring Tank in until Royce was gone. He was also the first fighter ever to use gloves in the cage, because he just hit that hard.
You know nothing about bare knuckle NHB fighting though, so this is completely hopeless. Were you raised and weened off the Ultimate fighter TV show btw?

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2011, 07:10:31 PM »
That's a great series of shots, pretty  :-\ the way Scott Wilson's bicep just rolled up on him. Those guys were tough (stupid) back then.
fixed ::)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2011, 07:20:23 PM »
fixed ::)

Not stupid, it was a power meet and that was a maximum pull. Just an accident, sometimes when you lose a dead you can't just drop it, sub-consciously you tense up and the snap it goes.....