Author Topic: .  (Read 44265 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: What does it take to get striated glutes?
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2011, 05:50:35 PM »
Finally something we agree on

No one is a fucking guru....atleast no one you know or have read about.  You're not a guru, Lyle McDonald isnt' a guru, Chad Nichols isn't a guru, Ronnie Coleman isn't a fucking guru.....99% of gurus are frauds including you, especially in the bodybuilidng industry.  The facade of drugs and genetics are what make people like you and others in this industry APPEAR to know what the fuck they are talking about.  You see the real gurus aren't waiting in line jabbing their ass taking copious amounts of drugs to get big, pose in a thong, and let a gay homosexual dominated fan base touch their pecs or worse like McDonald writing books on fat loss while being a figure skater and having never ever had a muscular physique.  No the real GURUS who actually understand physiology, pharmaceuticals etc.........are in a white coat someplace working with rats and have a PhD in biochemistry......or they are running websites like www.leangains.com dissecting actual MEDICAL RESEARCH and actually helping people achieve their fitness goals.  They are not frauds and bullshitters like you and 99% of the bodybuilding and fitness industry Chick.  Get a life, like I said you're not THAT important around here.................you remind me of those assclowns over at PM Phil Hernon and Big Andrea Cardalu or whatever the fuck his name is.  In fact they are probably your long last brothers lol........they like you are the epitome of EVERYTHING that is wrong with this so called "sport". 

You couldn't hold a fucking candle intellectually to someone like Martin over at leangains.com  He's a true "GURU" in every sense of the word. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2011, 05:57:38 PM »
No one is a fucking guru....atleast no one you know or have read about.  You're not a guru, Lyle McDonald isnt' a guru, Chad Nichols isn't a guru, Ronnie Coleman isn't a fucking guru.....99% of gurus are frauds including you, especially in the bodybuilidng industry.  The facade of drugs and genetics are what make people like you and others in this industry APPEAR to know what the fuck they are talking about.  You see the real gurus aren't waiting in line jabbing their ass taking copious amounts of drugs to get big, pose in a thong, and let a gay homosexual dominated fan base touch their pecs or worse like McDonald writing books on fat loss while being a figure skater and having never ever had a muscular physique.  No the real GURUS who actually understand physiology, pharmaceuticals etc.........are in a white coat someplace working with rats and have a PhD in biochemistry......or they are running websites like www.leangains.com dissecting actual MEDICAL RESEARCH and actually helping people achieve their fitness goals.  They are not frauds and bullshitters like you and 99% of the bodybuilding and fitness industry Chick.  Get a life, like I said you're not THAT important around here.................you remind me of those assclowns over at PM Phil Hernon and Big Andrea Cardalu or whatever the fuck his name is.  In fact they are probably your long last brothers lol........they like you are the epitome of EVERYTHING that is wrong with this so called "sport".  

You couldn't hold a fucking candle intellectually to someone like Martin over at leangains.com  He's a true "GURU" in every sense of the word.  

So why do you think Martin is/was on Lyle's website? Ask him what he thinks of Lyle's knowledge base.  ;)
IIRC, they were even working on some mutual project. Don't know what happened with that.

Lyle is an extremely smart fella. Sure he doesn't know everything and doesn't have personal experience of competitive bodybuilding but he knows a lot of valauable stuff.

Duchaine was he original guru, right? What did he say about Lyle and his CKD? He said Lyle had eclipsed his (Dan's) expertise on the subject (Dan= Body Opus diet).

And I love Lyle's harsh but honest style, he is rarely wrong.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2011, 06:06:23 PM »
So why do you think Martin is/was on Lyle's website? Ask him what he thinks of Lyle's knowledge base.  ;)

Lyle is an extremely smart fella. Sure he doesn't know everything and doesn't have personal experience of competitive bodybuilding but he knows a lot of valauable stuff.

Duchaine was he original guru, right? What did he say about Lyle and his CKD? He said Lyle had eclipsed his (Dan's) expertise on the subject (Dan= Body Opus diet).

And I love Lyle's harsh but honest style, he is rarely wrong.

Lyle is a fucking douchebag.  I don't care how intelligent the guy is.  He's like one of those brainiac epic nerds in high school that have no social skills and cannot connect with anyone who doesn't fit into his little brainiac world of arrogance and conceit.  He throws tantrums like a little girl when you point out his errors or question his ideas.  Martin is one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet with some very unique ideas.  Most of his info can be found on his site.........instead of putting out overpiced books and ebooks like Lyle.  And he has a physique to back up his info.  Lyle has always been a fucking pencil necked nerd.  And Duchaine was hardly the guru he's made out to be.  Again none of his info was origianl.  It was and had been around for ever.  He just was in the right place in the right time as it applied to bodybuilding. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2011, 06:16:07 PM »
Lyle is a fucking douchebag.  I don't care how intelligent the guy is.  He's like one of those brainiac epic nerds in high school that have no social skills and cannot connect with anyone who doesn't fit into his little brainiac world of arrogance and conceit.  He throws tantrums like a little girl when you point out his errors or question his ideas.  Martin is one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet with some very unique ideas.  Most of his info can be found on his site.........instead of putting out overpiced books and ebooks like Lyle.  And he has a physique to back up his info.  Lyle has always been a fucking pencil necked nerd.  And Duchaine was hardly the guru he's made out to be.  Again none of his info was origianl.  It was and had been around for ever.  He just was in the right place in the right time as it applied to bodybuilding.  

Come on now. DO YOU THINK PERIODIC FASTING WAS INVENTED BY MARTIN?????!!!!!! ???

LOL, you know the answer. The whole concept could be summarised in a very short paragraph. There is nothing original there.
And you don't think Martin sells anything? Of course he does. He is looking to cash in, like everyone.

Yes, Lyle can be an ass but he can also be very helpful if you don't start arguing with him. He is an ass but he doesn't try to dupe you or lie to you. He still hasn't sold out, something that almost EVERYONE in this industry does sooner or later... mostly sooner. You better believe he could have made a lot more cash if he had tried to be nice and hawk bullshit supplements etc. Lyle has dropped an enormous amount of info for free and it would take years and years for someone like Martin to match that, even if he had the brains. And Martin is smart, no doubt. And he knows Lyle is smart too, which is why he started out at Lyle's forum.

Duchaine was a fucking genius and a very entertaining writer. A crazy fuck.  :D

Me? I wouldn't even try to debate Martin on that subject, because he's probably more right than wrong, and secondly because periodic fasting doesn't interest me much. Like I said, the scope is so narrow... you could lay it out in a short paragraph and that would be that.

Plus I'm not that smart. But I'm good at recognizing expertise.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2011, 06:46:45 PM »
Duchane was a pretty smart guy, some of his stuff was great some not so much, I think alot of the problems people have with helping people prep is they try to make it too complicated, I'm just not that smart, I keep it simple and it makes it easier to not make mistakes.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2011, 07:00:47 PM »
Duchane was a pretty smart guy, some of his stuff was great some not so much,

He was wrong a few times and made some reckless recommendations too. But you could tell the guy was real intelligent. The mad genius type I guess.  :D

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2011, 07:07:26 PM »
Come on now. DO YOU THINK PERIODIC FASTING WAS INVENTED BY MARTIN?????!!!!!! ???

LOL, you know the answer. The whole concept could be summarised in a very short paragraph. There is nothing original there.
And you don't think Martin sells anything? Of course he does. He is looking to cash in, like everyone.

Yes, Lyle can be an ass but he can also be very helpful if you don't start arguing with him. He is an ass but he doesn't try to dupe you or lie to you. He still hasn't sold out, something that almost EVERYONE in this industry does sooner or later... mostly sooner. You better believe he could have made a lot more cash if he had tried to be nice and hawk bullshit supplements etc. Lyle has dropped an enormous amount of info for free and it would take years and years for someone like Martin to match that, even if he had the brains. And Martin is smart, no doubt. And he knows Lyle is smart too, which is why he started out at Lyle's forum.

Duchaine was a fucking genius and a very entertaining writer. A crazy fuck.  :D

Me? I wouldn't even try to debate Martin on that subject, because he's probably more right than wrong, and secondly because periodic fasting doesn't interest me much. Like I said, the scope is so narrow... you could lay it out in a short paragraph and that would be that.

Plus I'm not that smart. But I'm good at recognizing expertise.

I never said Martin's ideas were original.  I just think he's a nice guy who is really interested in providing a system that WORKS and actually helping people achieve their goals.  All Lyle seems to do is rant and rave unwilling to show some inkling of patience with people who aren't as quick as he is to grasp certain concepts.  Those who can't do teach.  Well compared to Lyle Martin is better at both doing and teaching in my opinion.   Plus if you email the guy for personal nutrition counseling his fees are reasonable and he offers his services.  I don't think Lyle would even have the patience to work with people instead he puts all his mad science and regurgitated ideas in a book or worse an overpiced ebook.   Most of Lylle's info is just his prior work touched up and regurgitated as something new.   And Martin has the physique to back it up. 

Anyways Lyle rubbed me the wrong way when I tried to debate him that raw milk is superior nutritionally to pasteurized milk.  He was fucking clueless on the subject and acted like he knew everything.  He could have just said he doesn't care how he drinks his milk instead of trying to debate the science and look like a complete fool.  And anyone who says you can get the same nutrition from fish oil pills as you can from eating fish in my opinion is a dumbass that doesn't understand the importantce of whole foods and nutrition in general. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2011, 07:18:02 PM »
I never said Martin's ideas were original.  I just think he's a nice guy who is really interested in providing a system that WORKS and actually helping people achieve their goals.  All Lyle seems to do is rant and rave unwilling to show some inkling of patience with people who aren't as quick as he is to grasp certain concepts.  Those who can't do teach.  Well compared to Lyle Martin is better at both doing and teaching in my opinion.   Plus if you email the guy for personal nutrition counseling his fees are reasonable and he offers his services.  I don't think Lyle would even have the patience to work with people instead he puts all his mad science and regurgitated ideas in a book or worse an overpiced ebook.   Most of Lylle's info is just his prior work touched up and regurgitated as something new.   And Martin has the physique to back it up. 

Anyways Lyle rubbed me the wrong way when I tried to debate him that raw milk is superior nutritionally to pasteurized milk.  He was fucking clueless on the subject and acted like he knew everything.  He could have just said he doesn't care how he drinks his milk instead of trying to debate the science and look like a complete fool.  And anyone who says you can get the same nutrition from fish oil pills as you can from eating fish in my opinion is a dumbass that doesn't understand the importantce of whole foods and nutrition in general. 

Regarding supplemental nutrients (such as vitamins and could apply to fatty acids too), I actually remember Lyle saying that whole foods may contain nutrients we don't even know about today so whole foods we have evolved/accustomed to eat may be better. Didn't see that milk debate.

I learned a ton from Lyle. He has pissed off most people due to his lack of social skill, that's true. But the guy is just rarely wrong IMO. He hasn't started raving at me because I know how not to debate him.  :D

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2011, 07:23:53 PM »
Regarding supplemental nutrients (such as vitamins and could apply to fatty acids too), I actually remember Lyle saying that whole foods may contain nutrients we don't even know about today so whole foods we have evolved/accustomed to eat may be better. Didn't see that milk debate.

I learned a ton from Lyle. He has pissed off most people due to his lack of social skill, that's true. But the guy is just rarely wrong IMO. He hasn't started raving at me because I know how not to debate him.  :D

This may sound silly but I consider myself an expert on raw dairy and raw milk.  Lyle is a complete idiot and some of the arguments he made were absolutely bullshit.  He's not willing to open up his mind and learn from others.  There is another ass hat like him that used to post here.  Forget his name.........he had neck cancer or some shit.  He's another Lyle McDonald.  Lyle's macronutrient knowledge as it concerns dieting and fat loss, and his knowledge regarding certain subjects like bromocriptine and leptin etc are very spot on.  But for example his knowledge of strength training is  pitiful.  His bulking routine?  LMAO!   Notice how he very rarely talks about actual workouts in many of his books and most of his workout advice and knowlege is limited and generic. 

newmom

« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2011, 08:15:42 PM »
I still think she looks great...

Kim Perez looked really good but I turned around and told Rearden her delts way overpower the rest

newmom

« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2011, 08:17:56 PM »
kim

Benoitlapierre

• Getbig III
« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2011, 08:21:29 PM »
genetic made you save money

everyone can be 4% bodyfat , you just need th craziness to do it , and more you do it , from trial n error you learn , how to suffer less n kept more mass each time

below 6% in lower digits it a mind war , will , perseverance , obsession , n handle side effect help
Your messed up BLP!

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2011, 09:17:32 PM »

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2011, 09:37:05 PM »
Lyle McDonald recycles other gurus information.

The guy acts like a douchebag just to try and make a name for himself.

He stole most of his shit from Alwyn Cosgrove....not the other way around.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2011, 10:07:40 PM »
No!

I agree, but it takes much much much longer and the diet is more brutal. I am doing the best I can here, 2400cals per day, heavy lifting...It's freaking tough. No clue if I can get striated glutes, I imagine if I could maintain this diet for some crazy length of time maybe...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2011, 11:01:24 PM »
Melvin Anthony was known to have baby soft glutes. I don't ever remember seeing shredded glutes on him..........but back in the old bodybuilding days, shredded glutes wasn't even a thing to worry about, but I think regardless of genetics, some guys nowadays will go the distance to get their asses dry as stones no matter the price
Because he never was in shape---he had the same issue (and structure and similar genetics as Flex) as Flex when Flex got around the 230s he was "soft" in that area. When Flex was in the 216-220 area he had striated glutes---so it would seem that Mevlin, even though being a few inches shorter needed to come in less than the 230s that he normall competes at.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2011, 04:29:19 AM »
Dammmmmmmmmmmmm.......th is thread took a big twist ;D

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2011, 12:37:04 PM »
I still think she looks great...

Kim Perez looked really good but I turned around and told Rearden her delts way overpower the rest

They did, and it didn't matter. Her arms were spectacular. Shit, like I said, I couldn't beat this chick on an all you can eat cocktail of hormonas (actually unsure if that's true, but you get the point). Her back double biceps was downright awesome.

The main thing to me is that if I were in Lori's position (climbed the ranks, stepped on pro stage, was outclassed by genetically superior talent) I'd probably have to think real hard about what I wanted from the hobby. As it is now, I'm doing more drugs than I'd prefer to do for a local dinky show. So for me, I'd probably either quit or go for a much different look.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2011, 02:41:57 PM »
They did, and it didn't matter. Her arms were spectacular. Shit, like I said, I couldn't beat this chick on an all you can eat cocktail of hormonas (actually unsure if that's true, but you get the point). Her back double biceps was downright awesome.

The main thing to me is that if I were in Lori's position (climbed the ranks, stepped on pro stage, was outclassed by genetically superior talent) I'd probably have to think real hard about what I wanted from the hobby. As it is now, I'm doing more drugs than I'd prefer to do for a local dinky show. So for me, I'd probably either quit or go for a much different look.

What Lori should do is tone down the drugs/diuretics and give a go at physique. She's earned her pro card for bodybuilding...she can use it to compete in physique as well. If she does her hair and make-up properly she should be a contender.

Xerxes

« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2011, 05:47:38 PM »
Bikinislut Disturbia do you a ripped ass??

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2011, 05:58:11 PM »
Bikinislut Disturbia do you a ripped ass??

Nope and I NEVER want one. Ever.

Striated glutes suck. They should not be judged in a bodybuilding competition. Same with breast implants.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2011, 06:02:28 PM »
no

Weird abs or skin around the abs.  Did he used to be a lot heavier and has loose skin?  Honest question.  

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2011, 12:39:26 AM »
i read in the genotrpoin pamphlet that you have to rotate your injections because it burns fats cells

now with that being said cant you inject in your ass and burn the fat cells to get shredded glutes