Author Topic: Magikusar's daily/weekly musings  (Read 74634 times)

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
Re: Democrats wont cure inequality
« Reply #675 on: December 03, 2012, 01:52:54 AM »
Perhaps, but many of the advances in technology we take for granted today come from NASA and the Space program in general. And frankly, I'd much rather see my tax dollars fund NASA than just about any other part of the Federal government. Hell, I'd gladly donate money to NASA.

I see no evidence that voting Republican would have any impact on this; the particular projects may differ and the names on the check may change, but the memo line will always read the same: "PORK".

I don't think it's the job of the government to train doctors - so whether 90,000,000,000 can train one thousand or ten thousand doctors is irrelevant. It's a red herring.

Repeating an unproven assertion won't magically make it true and doesn't count as proof. You are welcome to provide specifics that prove your assertion if you can get them. But I won't hold my breath, because (a) there is no such evidence and (b) even if there was you never provide evidence to back up the word salad you throw around the boards with remarkable regularity.

You're welcome.

You sound like low iq.
You need to argue some points.
Communism has proven a failure time and time again.
The inequality you hate is caused by the very democrats like Obama you vote for.
Obama has a goldman sachs guy named geithner as treasurer.
!!!
Fed is giving money not to poor but to rich banks.
bailouts to run of 4T went to same banks.

and repeatedly avoiding the issues is not an arguement

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: Watching red dawn kinda makes me wana nuke china, is that bad?
« Reply #676 on: December 03, 2012, 01:53:27 AM »
no comment on the import tax idea?

obsessed schmoe style with the combover eh?

Raising import taxes will hurt American consumers way more than it will hurt China. Perhaps in the long term it would have an effect, but short term it would cause a lot of pain for us, and the benefit is questionable.

I understand that you find naïve and simplistic, one sentence solutions appealing; you're not alone. Such "solutions" are partly why we are in the mess we are in.

But the simple, one sentence counter-argument to this "idea" is that it hurts more than it helps.

Frankly, the fact that Donald Trump supports it should have been enough to see that it doesn't merit serious consideration.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #677 on: December 03, 2012, 02:08:05 AM »
You sound like low iq.

Really? Well then it's a good thing I'm actually writing instead of speaking. That way you can focus on what I'm saying instead of focusing on my voice.

You need to argue some points.

Alright... If it's your custom.

Communism has proven a failure time and time again.

It's a historical fact, so there's nothing to argue. If you want I can argue that communism cannot work even in theory.

The inequality you hate is caused by the very democrats like Obama you vote for.

Seeing how I didn't vote for Obama or any Democrats, this silly statement collapses like a house of cards. But riddle me this: which inequality is it that I'm supposedly hating? I mean, shit, if I'm wasting my energy hating something I might as well know exactly what it is.

Obama has a goldman sachs guy named geithner as treasurer.

OK, and?

!!!

I'm sorry, but that's not a point. That's just three exclamation marks.

Fed is giving money not to poor but to rich banks.

Why should the Fed be giving money to poor people?

bailouts to run of 4T went to same banks.

Point: I opposed the bailouts on principle. 

and repeatedly avoiding the issues is not an arguement

Hey! There's hope for you yet!

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Nader: War Criminal Obama Worse Than Bush
« Reply #678 on: December 03, 2012, 02:25:59 AM »
Nader is desperate to have people remember who he is

btw - why would this be on Breitbart since the douchebags who run that site (the fat, drunken dipshit who started the site) probably agree with every single thing drone strike if it were a Republican POTUS

This!!

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: debt to 17T how big will it be when obama leaves? Bush isn't spending this $$
« Reply #679 on: December 03, 2012, 02:28:38 AM »
Really!? Thanks for letting me know. You see, I thought it was a term that referred to a law that has already been passed and which is scheduled to go into effect shortly, resulting in tax increases and drastic spending cuts across the board. It's so good to know I was wrong! ::)

After such a schooling, I feel almost silly to ask you to also explain how anything that you said actually answers my question, which was "how will actually going off the "Fiscal Cliff" help in improving the precarious economic situation of our country?"

It doesn't? Oh, ok.

;D

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #680 on: December 03, 2012, 02:36:49 AM »
The film Red Dawn featured invading North Koreans with their Russian allies.......not the Chinese(although it was originally penned that way). 

And since when did Americans all of a sudden want a bunch of manufacturing jobs?  Do they really want to stand up in a factory all day doing the exact same thing for 8 hours a day?  Let the SE Asians do all that stuff.  Thanks to cheap overseas manufacturing, we can buy electronics, phones, toys, and clothes at rock bottom prices.  I sure as hell wouldn't want to pay twice the amount just so Trailer-Park Terry can have a job stamping something day in and day out.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #681 on: December 03, 2012, 02:43:02 AM »
Freedom?  Here in the US?  Gimme a break.

- By far the highest incarceration rates for its populace than any other nation in the world.

- Thousands of laws on the books that can land you in jail.

- All citizens under constant surveillance.

- A negative credit report or criminal history, however minor, can easily deny you a job, school or a loan.

- Political correctness.  Sure, you CAN say anything, but be prepared to lose your job, income,  and reputation.

- Federal law, State law, County law, local ordinances, homeowner associations....too many blankets and layers of laws, ordinances, regulations, and rules.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #682 on: December 03, 2012, 03:20:34 AM »
The film Red Dawn featured invading North Koreans with their Russian allies.......not the Chinese(although it was originally penned that way). 

And since when did Americans all of a sudden want a bunch of manufacturing jobs?  Do they really want to stand up in a factory all day doing the exact same thing for 8 hours a day?  Let the SE Asians do all that stuff.  Thanks to cheap overseas manufacturing, we can buy electronics, phones, toys, and clothes at rock bottom prices.  I sure as hell wouldn't want to pay twice the amount just so Trailer-Park Terry can have a job stamping something day in and day out.
There are plenty of Americans who want manufacturing jobs.  The manufactuing industry was torn out of America in a very short time period in respect to our nation's history.  There are plenty of people wanting those jobs back.  I don't know what the fuck you're thinking.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #683 on: December 03, 2012, 03:34:07 AM »
Raising import taxes will hurt American consumers way more than it will hurt China.
It won't hurt consumers in the long run.  We did just fine before we started exporting labor for goods and they have reaped the fucking benefit to the max.  It's time that we start backing off on the 20 years of what is pure good will to level the playing field a bit.  

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Obama is for the rich
« Reply #684 on: December 03, 2012, 06:14:59 AM »
Obama was rich before he was even a senator. His source of money is a mystery. I hope Obama supporters get everything they can get out of government. When the economy crashes and the taxes go through the roof continue to blame George Bush.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #685 on: December 03, 2012, 06:24:12 AM »
the stupidity in this thread is too much. Coach saying he posted it "somewhere" just trust him, you know the guy who can't be trusted. The guy with twenty ex wives, forty two accounts a dozen lost and reneged bets.

The guy who believes the earth is six thousand years old, evolution and global warming are lies and accepts the bible literally. Facts have no bearing on his life.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #686 on: December 03, 2012, 06:25:45 AM »
Obama is for the nigs

and crashing all of them with kale greens

poor and middle calss nuked by this black bean burrito

vote republican

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/50229

How so Magikuser?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #687 on: December 03, 2012, 06:28:13 AM »
He's also going to Fuck the middleclass. There is no way around it.
Sorry. The MC started getting squeezed during Reagan's tenure. It is too late for any kind of income recovery. Game over. 

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #688 on: December 03, 2012, 06:47:44 AM »
There are plenty of Americans who want manufacturing jobs.  The manufactuing industry was torn out of America in a very short time period in respect to our nation's history.  There are plenty of people wanting those jobs back.  I don't know what the fuck you're thinking.

I can see higher-end manufacturing, such as military equipment and transportation, being desirable as a job, but those do in fact require some vocational training at the very least.  The days of landing a high wage manufacturing job assembling widgets as soon as one graduates high school are over.  You can beg for those jobs all you want, but no piece of legislation or lobbying will ever make it happen when you can get the product made so much cheaper in SE Asia.

The US is a Service-based economy within the globalized economy.  Protectionism is on the trash heap of history.  You need to have a formal education and/or specialized vocational training to make it anywhere nowadays......along with good credit and zero criminal history.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #689 on: December 03, 2012, 06:53:03 AM »
Sorry. The MC started getting squeezed during Reagan's tenure. Sorry, the MC started getting squeezed during Reagan's tenure. It is too late for any kind of income recovery. Game over. 

Fixed it for you, Mr. Chimps.
all drugs - TPPIIP

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #690 on: December 03, 2012, 07:06:09 AM »
Freedom?  Here in the US?  Gimme a break.

- By far the highest incarceration rates for its populace than any other nation in the world.

Even if true that doesn't mean that you can't have freedom in the U.S.. It just means that many people are convicted of crimes and sent to jail. I may not agree that all those convicted are convicted of crimes that deserve jail time but that is another topic.

- Thousands of laws on the books that can land you in jail.

Doesn't seem unrealistic to me. This doesn't mean that I necessarily agree with each and every one of those laws, mind you. Just that a few thousand laws which incarceration as punishment aren't that many. Hell, if each State had 40 laws, we'd be up to a thousand laws - before we get to any Federal laws.

- All citizens under constant surveillance.

Nonsense. While the government tries to erode civil liberties at every opportunity it's laughable to claim that citizens are under constant surveillance.

- A negative credit report or criminal history, however minor, can easily deny you a job, school or a loan.

Red herring. You aren't entitled to a job or a loan (although you are entitled to education up to a certain level) and if others choose to not provide jobs or loans to you because of your financial or criminal history doesn't make the U.S. a less free place.

F- Political correctness.  Sure, you CAN say anything, but be prepared to lose your job, income,  and reputation.

But you can say (almost) anything. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from the consequences of speech; it just means freedom of speech. Also note that the freedom of speech clause of the Constitution binds the Government; not private individuals, who can (by and large) fire you and/or think less of you because you say things they do not agree with.

- Federal law, State law, County law, local ordinances, homeowner associations....too many blankets and layers of laws, ordinances, regulations, and rules.

First of all you're mixing apples and oranges.

When it comes to the apples: Yes, our system has multiple layers of government, each layer imposing some laws or regulations. It's by design but nobody ever said it was perfect.

And as for the oranges, HOAs are provate entities that one voluntarily "joins". Nobody is forcing you to deal with an HOA. If you don't want to, then don't buy property in a common interest community.

You seem to have the misconception that freedom means that there must be no rules and no consequences. Sorry, that's not how it works.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #691 on: December 03, 2012, 07:08:05 AM »
It won't hurt consumers in the long run.  We did just fine before we started exporting labor for goods and they have reaped the fucking benefit to the max.  It's time that we start backing off on the 20 years of what is pure good will to level the playing field a bit.  

Right. Americans won't be hurt if what costs $1.99 today costs $7.99 tomorrow because of duties and tariffs... You are delusional.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #692 on: December 03, 2012, 08:27:06 AM »
How Obama says he wants to raise taxes on the wealthy, then says $250k is laughable.  $250k For a family is not wealthy, it is middle class in most of Cali.  Fuck, in the poorest country in the world $250k is not wealthy.

Wealthy is 8 figures a year.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #693 on: December 03, 2012, 08:41:38 AM »
Any other president would have done the same - there's still too many folks with too many pesky rights and opinions which have to be dealt with - lots o' wealth and property, both mental and physical, still has to be confiscated.
Obama is president because he's black, well a very pale black man in reality, and that gives more opportunities to shield him from criticism.
He was just the most fitting "man" for the job of pushing communism forward.

the trainer

« Reply #694 on: December 03, 2012, 08:47:53 AM »
and crashing all competition with penalties and lawyer

poor and middle calss nuked by this guy

vote republican

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/50229

And you are for the poor so why are you not donating money to the poor.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #695 on: December 03, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »
President Obama wants to raise taxes on anyone making over $250,000.

Yeah, but if we roll over the fiscal cliff, the households making 60-79k a year will be the ones that get crushed, everybody else's goes up 3%.  Now, this is based on the tax breakdown I received from the NFIB.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #696 on: December 03, 2012, 09:00:37 AM »
Stop pretending there's a difference between Republicans and Democrates. Reagan, Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. all grew the government and had open borders. Some of you people obviously don't know how high the income tax rates were in this country over the past century. Hell, if the top rate were 50%(which it isn't) the rates would still be lower than what some of your great granddads were paying.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #697 on: December 03, 2012, 09:08:27 AM »
How Obama says he wants to raise taxes on the wealthy, then says $250k is laughable.  $250k For a family is not wealthy, it is middle class in most of Cali.  Fuck, in the poorest country in the world $250k is not wealthy.

Wealthy is 8 figures a year.

no it's not, do you understand percentages, how is 250k which is in the top 3% nationally  not wealthy?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #698 on: December 03, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »
no it's not, do you understand percentages, how is 250k which is in the top 3% nationally  not wealthy?

Get out of the hood man.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #699 on: December 03, 2012, 09:28:46 AM »
the stupidity in this thread is too much. Coach saying he posted it "somewhere" just trust him, you know the guy who can't be trusted. The guy with twenty ex wives, forty two accounts a dozen lost and reneged bets.

The guy who believes the earth is six thousand years old, evolution and global warming are lies and accepts the bible literally. Facts have no bearing on his life.

Great comeback douchbag. Except for this debacle of an "election" I have been very far off in this four years this asshole has been in office. Here ya go kool aid boy....

http://www.heritage.org/research/projects/taxmageddon-interactive-map