Author Topic: So, is San Diego a nice place to live?  (Read 15446 times)

newmom

Re: So, is San Diego a nice place to live?
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2011, 06:06:27 PM »
Translation =  Im a tease attention whore and I love hanging out on a male dominated bodybuilding board where the majority of posters are 20something out of work males living with their parents and it makes me feel young again but aint none of you ever getting a piece of this ass only in your wildest dreams  :)  lol.   

close

Inglourious Basterd

• Getbig I
PACIFIC BEACH in the house
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2011, 01:38:54 PM »
I've lived in NYC (loved it there) and San Francisco (loved it there, too) currently I live a block from the beach in PB and it's great. You're too late though as they banned alcohol on the beach about 3 years ago. The boardwalk in PB and MB (Mission Beach), on 3-day weekends, was one one of the best places in the world to be on a day like July 4th or Memorial Day. Just as worse, District 2 city councilman Kevin Faulconer banned the PB Block Party. The PBBB, with many outdoor music stages, used to draw approx 100,000 fun loving, dance-happy people (people from L.A. used to attend) and now it's gone. Faulconer had a hand in banning alcohol on the beach. The boardwalk now, on 3-day weekends, is a little like a graveyard in that it no longer rocks like it used to and is far, far too somber. Those were good times that are gone forever - the boardwalk on those days was like being attending the Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Kevin Faulconer screwed it up for everyone.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2011, 04:00:09 PM »
You, Tom, and a million other people.  When you have a firm job offer in hand, let's talk. Otherwise keep daydreaming.  ::)

BAWHAHWHHA I was just about to say the same thing, but you put it in better words, thinking of applying for a job?  LOL just apply for the damn thing and interview, if you get an offer then think about moving, your way ahead of yourself, do you think your the only one applying?

Not these days  ;D
TEAM Nasser

newmom

Re: PACIFIC BEACH in the house
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2011, 04:29:16 PM »
I've lived in NYC (loved it there) and San Francisco (loved it there, too) currently I live a block from the beach in PB and it's great. You're too late though as they banned alcohol on the beach about 3 years ago. The boardwalk in PB and MB (Mission Beach), on 3-day weekends, was one one of the best places in the world to be on a day like July 4th or Memorial Day. Just as worse, District 2 city councilman Kevin Faulconer banned the PB Block Party. The PBBB, with many outdoor music stages, used to draw approx 100,000 fun loving, dance-happy people (people from L.A. used to attend) and now it's gone. Faulconer had a hand in banning alcohol on the beach. The boardwalk now, on 3-day weekends, is a little like a graveyard in that it no longer rocks like it used to and is far, far too somber. Those were good times that are gone forever - the boardwalk on those days was like being attending the Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Kevin Faulconer screwed it up for everyone.

that sucks about no drinking on the beach. I still enjoy Mission Beach though

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2011, 05:13:37 PM »
cologne is very nice and here you have many homosexuals, i think it's ranked 2 after san francisco, so you'de be happy

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2011, 05:30:57 PM »
I am considering applying for a job there but to be honest I am not a sunny, warm weather person. What's the temperature usually like? is it dry heat or high humidity and what is living in California like in general compared to say, NYC?
awesome weather, awesome pussi... what else do you need/want ?

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2011, 06:00:21 PM »
awesome weather, awesome pussi... what else do you need/want ?

he needs to realize applying for a job and getting a job are two different things, he seems to think he already has a lock on this job he hasn't applied to and is already talking about moving for it lol.

TEAM Nasser

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2011, 06:16:37 PM »
I am considering applying for a job there but to be honest I am not a sunny, warm weather person. What's the temperature usually like? is it dry heat or high humidity and what is living in California like in general compared to say, NYC?

you're in london, no?  i like london, esp hackney and brixton.  what do you do?  maybe we can switch locations.

Hottest Music on the Planet!

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2011, 07:19:37 PM »
It's a nice place to visit.  Spent 4 days in SD in 2007.  Weather and people are great.