Author Topic: Kevin Nash  (Read 11354 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Kevin Nash
« on: August 17, 2011, 09:35:37 AM »
I am a Nash fan, but that promo between him and Punk was bad. He was stumbling over his words and to make matters worse, had no music and came out to silence from the crowd.

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Kevin Nash
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 09:37:18 AM »
pwinsider

For those of you looking for answers to the Nash/Punk/HHH/Steph/etc. storyline, you clearly didn't get them on tonight's edition of Raw. Close sources are saying that it was very chaotic backstage at Raw tonight and decisions weren't made until last minute.

One source said that the CM Punk/Kevin Nash promo was very unscripted. "Those two were working without a net out there," the source said, "and the jabs they took at each other were not planned beforehand."

The lack of resolve in the "Who texted Kevin Nash?" story is because WWE still hasn't solidified the direction they're going to take yet. "They have five ways they can go with this thing," said a WWE writer, "and it's still unclear which one they're going to choose." As I reported yesterday, WWE never intended on Del Rio to be the one who "hired" Kevin Nash. The obvious options now are Triple H, Stephanie, Johnny Ace and Vince, but WWE has proven that they don't always go with the clear choice with things like this, so no one will ever know for sure until it's finally in the books.

There's still no word on Kevin Nash's contract situation and whether he's agreed to (or even been offered) a new deal now that he's back on television. Kevin Nash is currently signed to a "Legends" contract. I would imagine something new will be worked out very soon as tonight's Raw was a very good indication that he's not going anywhere anytime soon. I've received a few emails about Nash being booked on some future independent shows and while he may or may not pull out of those, there have not been reports of him doing so yet.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:26:15 PM »
Geezus... I didn't know that Johnny Ace was still with the Fed.

Anyway, I think many Federation fans were a bit turned off to "Diesel" in part due to his all too rapid H-W championship push.
That was at a time when Vince was very short on talent - particularly heels - and was really scrambling to come up with opposition for guys like Bret to work with.
Hall was another one.

I remember reading early sheet reports on the net (c. 1996) that mentioned how Nash frequently lost his place during live interviews and Hall would often feed him lines.
I don't know how accurate that is, but I have witnessed times when Nash seemed to have "lost a step" during a promo.
I never thought he was bad, though.

In fact, the few times I've heard him out of character, Kevin Nash comes across quite articulate and intelligent.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 04:48:49 PM »

Anyway, I think many Federation fans were a bit turned off to "Diesel" in part due to his all too rapid H-W championship push.
That was at a time when Vince was very short on talent - particularly heels - and was really scrambling to come up with opposition for guys like Bret to work with.
Hall was another one.

I remember reading early sheet reports on the net (c. 1996) that mentioned how Nash frequently lost his place during live interviews and Hall would often feed him lines.
I don't know how accurate that is, but I have witnessed times when Nash seemed to have "lost a step" during a promo.

In fact, the few times I've heard him out of character, Kevin Nash comes across quite articulate and intelligent.
I remember one Royal Rumble, I think 94, where he eliminated like 10 guys in a row and was getting a big face reaction and this was at the height of his heel run with Shawn. To be fair to Nash, very few guys can go toe to toe with Punk in an ad-libbed promo, and he also had those idiotic 'what' chants to deal with. As long as he stays away from the ring, I'm glad he's back. He could fill a bunch of roles. Manager, bodygaurd, agent, or even commenator.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
I thought the intro he got last night was a bit over inflated... 'One of the most influential and charismatic superstars in the history of the WWE...'?  :-X

He's a handy guy to have on the roster though, and I didn't mind his promo with Punk.  Punk's text message shot was genius though:  "My little sister sent me a text last night, 'OMG, Kevin Nash, WTF, thought he was dead, LOL!' "

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 06:17:08 AM »
I remember one Royal Rumble, I think 94, where he eliminated like 10 guys in a row and was getting a big face reaction and this was at the height of his heel run with Shawn. To be fair to Nash, very few guys can go toe to toe with Punk in an ad-libbed promo, and he also had those idiotic 'what' chants to deal with. As long as he stays away from the ring, I'm glad he's back. He could fill a bunch of roles. Manager, bodygaurd, agent, or even commenator.

Nash could fill the role of a mgr very well.  He can talk a bit, has cred and could take and give bumps when required.  He was always very sub-par in-ring anyway, just had a great look and some charisma and knew how to pick friends.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 03:08:38 AM »
Ok so punk fights Nash on a PPV then what...this Angle is dead...

There needs to be more storylines for other wrestlers...

Only good thing I potentially see if the revivival of the Tag Team Division......

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 03:53:26 AM »
Ok so punk fights Nash on a PPV then what...this Angle is dead...

There needs to be more storylines for other wrestlers...

Only good thing I potentially see if the revivival of the Tag Team Division......

I'd love to see it, too; and I mean actual tag teams that have chemistry together instead of just two random guys they temporarily put together for a program.
IMO, true tag matches were always a thing of beauty to watch and more exciting than singles because, while two guys are working, the other two can rest.
This allows for a much a faster pace.

Benjamin/Haas is a good example of what a modern-day tag team should be.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 10:38:21 AM »
I recall a promo he did on Nitro where he kidnapped David Flair and revealed it when the Magnificent 7 were all in the ring. It could have been excellent had it not been for him forgetting his lines and holding a clenched fist (to apparently hit David with) in the air for the entire promo. Flair flipped in the ring and made it above par, bt Nash isnt someone that should have had main event status.

He'll always be Vinnie Vegas to me.......

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 06:32:57 AM »
Kevin Nash is expected to be on Monday Night Raw this coming week, and according to PWinsider, will become a regular superstar moving forward. The plan is for Nash to work a program with CM Punk, which will result in the two squaring off in the ring. As you might imagine, it was WWE’s ideas for Nash to dye his hair

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 01:16:20 PM »
Kevin Nash is expected to be on Monday Night Raw this coming week, and according to PWinsider, will become a regular superstar moving forward. The plan is for Nash to work a program with CM Punk, which will result in the two squaring off in the ring. As you might imagine, it was WWE’s ideas for Nash to dye his hair

Based on his past ring work, he should be able to still do 90% of what he did in his prime.

This is not a slam on Kevin, but merely an observation.
If I were to critique it, I'd say it's pretty damn smart: if you know you can pull off a style that allows this kind of longevity, you'd only be foolish NOT to use it.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 02:05:53 PM »
Not to excited about Punk brushed off to Nash. But that's the way it goes with the Cenation Federation. I don't see Nash choosing his style based on planning longevity. His size is what sold him. He's a huge uncoordinated guy. His style was all he was capable of doing. What does he have? Those forearms in the corner, big boot to the face, sidewalk slam, and the Jack knife.

I expected them to do more with Punk.
As far as Nash, I wasn't suggesting that he chose his work style from a list of better options. LOL

My point was that if he could/can earn a living with it, then it only makes sense to do it.
Not many guys get this kind of chance.
I criticize the shit out of Dusty, but I give him all the credit in the world for making a living doing...whatever it is he did.

If you can pull it off, then capitalize on it, and more power to you!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 05:08:15 PM »
He has a lot of fans. He got one of the biggest reactions of the year a little more than 6 months ago.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 03:43:09 AM »
The whole angle is apparently Trip's gift to his buddy, however in the long run Punk will win the war so that a credible name can be added to his list of accomplishments. He will be champion again, mark my words........

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 07:03:23 PM »
Recent Nash shoot

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »

Hall was another one.

The Bret Hart/Razor Ramon feud was pretty good, especially when Razor ambushed Owen Hart.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 07:28:31 PM »
Diesel and Bret Hart has two awesome bouts in 1995. Here's one of them:

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 07:35:27 PM »
Diesel had his best matches with Bret and if you don't believe me, just ask Bret and I'm sure he'll tell you.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 04:02:19 AM »
Diesel had his best matches with Bret and if you don't believe me, just ask Bret and I'm sure he'll tell you.

Absolutely.
Bret will always be happy to tell you how great he was.

But, yeah: those were Nash's best matches - at least to that point.
No such thing as a "veteran Vinnie Vegas."

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »

Absolutely.
Bret will always be happy to tell you how great he was.

But, yeah: those were Nash's best matches - at least to that point.
No such thing as a "veteran Vinnie Vegas."

Actually, his match with Razor at SummerSlam '94 was among one of his best, too.

Sofa King

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 07:39:04 AM »
I'm sure Nash will conveniently have another quad injury walking across the ring before he jobs to Punk, he'll still be able to cash his PPV check and go back to his cushy job in TNA squashing the X-Division like little Children. The giant leech that he is...

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 04:39:25 PM »
PWInsider.com is reporting that Kevin Nash is only expected to be working a short run on WWE TV at this point. Although he has been cancelling indy bookings as of late, it's being said that he will continue to take and work indy shows as long as they don't interfere with WWE bookings. Additionally, Nash remains signed to a Legends contract with WWE, and not a full-time wrestler deal.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 12:01:12 PM »
Source: PWInsider

WWE officials made the decision some time in the past week or so that Kevin Nash won't be wrestling for them. It's likely Nash will stick around for the time being and participate in the occasional angle but unless something changes, he won't be having a match. This is why CM Punk vs. Kevin Nash at Night of Champions was changed to Punk vs. Triple H. WWE knew going into RAW last night that Nash wouldn't be wrestling.
We reported last week that Nash recently went to Pittsburgh to do physicals for the company and something happened there that made them decide that they don't want Nash in the ring taking bumps and doing something as physical as a whole match. There is still some chance that Nash could end up wrestling but something happened after the physicals that has put a roadblack in front of Nash's return match.

The decision to put Triple H in the match with Punk wasn't made until yesterday afternoon. The original plans had Punk going over Nash at Night of Champions.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »
So, is Hunter going to put him over?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »
So, is Hunter going to put him over?
Who knows? It will probably have a screwy finish with Nash, Stephanie, Johnny Ace, or Brutus Beefcake.