Author Topic: Fucked up psyche of the bodybuilder  (Read 4490 times)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: Fucked up psyche of the bodybuilder
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 05:07:36 AM »
Problem is you covered your self with stupid looking tribal shit so cant be vain any more cos you look silly - no disrespect - you did look good lean though could of done with another 20 pds of muscle whilst holding the condition you carried - thats just an outsiders point of view though.

1) it's not "tribal".....it's "Polynesian Tribe Art"....BIG DIFFERENCE.....plus, i'm gonna get cooler ink soon that balances out everything....
btw, the whole "tattoo" thing for me isn't a "quarter life crisis"....I just don't care to be a fitness model anymore and don't have to worry about body art being a issue

2) I'm actually working on putting on lean mass right now....all while running a legit 10 miles a day....i'm just eating my ass off right now and i'm not getting fat at all really....and honestly, I really don't care if i have a 18 pack as opposed to a 6 pack anymore.  I just want to enjoy training, maybe go back to jiu jitsu and just enjoying life

it's like night and day

the ultimate irony for me was that all the things I used to do that I thought would make me happy just made me more miserable
now, i'm doing the opposite of what I did in the past and i'm 1000 percent more happy

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2011, 05:16:23 AM »
1) it's not "tribal".....it's "Polynesian Tribe Art"....BIG DIFFERENCE.....plus, i'm gonna get cooler ink soon that balances out everything....
btw, the whole "tattoo" thing for me isn't a "quarter life crisis"....I just don't care to be a fitness model anymore and don't have to worry about body art being a issue

2) I'm actually working on putting on lean mass right now....all while running a legit 10 miles a day....i'm just eating my ass off right now and i'm not getting fat at all really....and honestly, I really don't care if i have a 18 pack as opposed to a 6 pack anymore.  I just want to enjoy training, maybe go back to jiu jitsu and just enjoying life

it's like night and day

the ultimate irony for me was that all the things I used to do that I thought would make me happy just made me more miserable
now, i'm doing the opposite of what I did in the past and i'm 1000 percent more happy
Its good you are turning the corner - I know what type of tribal art it is I have many tongan and samoan friends that sport it - it is still "Tribal" as it shows a line or what villiage you are from.. nothing wrong with getting ink - its personal to everyone what they/you apply to themselves I just find the whole tribe/tribal thing is a fashion statement - started by sportsman and most are white/honky/palangi and really have no reason for it to be on them as they have no blood line to the tribe itself... Im just traditional in this regard.

But it's good you are reflecting on your life and putting energy into other areas

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 05:23:14 AM »
... Im just traditional in this regard.

this I can respect because I know I hate when "Jersey Shore" types try to cling onto their Italian roots when they identify themselves when, in reality, they know absolutely nothing about the old country

My "tribal" art does have meaning to it- it represents Water, Silk and Iron- granted that might not be as "traditional" as classified by your standards so i may have made a faux pas

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 05:28:19 AM »
I really believe the average guy is delusional about how he looks. Most guys would describe their build as an athletic one.  That's why all these out of shape slobs are so proud to take off their shirt.

I also think the reason a juicer is embrassed to take off his shirt is that he knows the average person sitting on a beach will laugh saying look at the steroid guy.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 05:30:17 AM »
I remember going to another country and i looked at myself in the hotel mirror and thought 'Holy shit did something happen while flying, i'm ripped'. Looked no different just different mirrors. Thought i looked ripped but a bit small though, walked into a restaurant to get something to eat and the guy goes 'Wow how did you get so big' LOL

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 05:31:25 AM »
I really believe the average guy is delusional about how he looks. Most guys would describe their build as an athletic one.  That's why all these out of shape slobs are so proud to take off their shirt.

I also think the reason a juicer is embrassed to take off his shirt is that he knows the average person sitting on a beach will laugh saying look at the steroid guy.

To be fair, average guys are in decent shape. A bodybuilder that has been serious for 10+ years though (esp with juice use) blows them away and they look very average. There arn't many of us out there though.

w8m8

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 05:31:48 AM »
I have many tongan and samoan friends that sport it

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 05:37:34 AM »

this I can respect because I know I hate when "Jersey Shore" types try to cling onto their Italian roots when they identify themselves when, in reality, they know absolutely nothing about the old country

My "tribal" art does have meaning to it- it represents Water, Silk and Iron- granted that might not be as "traditional" as classified by your standards so i may have made a faux pas

there's nothing that shows off your italian heritage more than a big ass fucking Cadillac logo on your chest, bro!
Deep Tissue Massage

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 06:10:19 AM »
there's nothing that shows off your italian heritage more than a big ass fucking Cadillac logo on your chest, bro!

of course, cuz when I think "Italian" I think Detroit and I, especially, think Dearborn

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 09:10:26 AM »
It's almost like we have to be apologetic to walk around in a tank top.  People accuse us of showing off or being arrogant but it's fine for fat people to display their flab to the world.  Jealous double standard by regular people who feel the need to bring down anyone that is better or looks better than them.

I think the problem is the bar is raised so high by reading bodybuilding mags and seeing shows that unless you have veins showing in your abs and have ripped glutes that you "look like shit".  Just look at leafy's post.  He is ripped yet claimed he looks like shit.  The fact is his brain will only accept being super ripped or else he is not happy, yet he looks better than 99.99999999% of the world's population.

That's why people should remember that these fitness hoes that are super hot are actually easy to attain.  They are mentally fucked.  Despite looking hotter than ever in their minds they still see themselves as fat shits.  They may act bitchy and look like they have egos but they are fragile mentally and telling a ripped chick that she has a layer of fat will devastate her for life. She won't eat for weeks to lose that fat despite not having any of it.

I remember days of drinking like a fish then going to the pool or beach and being too self conscience to take my shirt off yet there are hundreds of dudes in horrible to average shape wearing shorts and having a blast and I'm too busy trying not to look fat because I was holding a little water and covering up in a tank top.

Fuck we are retarded.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 09:16:33 AM »
Body dismorphia.
There's treatments, probably means you're gay but won't admit to it.....kidding:LOL I recognize the story

Without it, most of us won't bust our asses in the gym. Failure is not an option, being satisfied neither.

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 11:35:45 AM »
its also because we only see huge lean steroid bodies here of these pros so we dont appreciate anymore what we archieved. we think people on the beach will think. he has no arms , traps little small and lagging hamstrings, no they think , wow these guys are fucking huge. not much people have seen extreme muscled bodies.
i dont really care anymore. i just try to be the best i can.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2011, 11:46:55 AM »
i used to be one of those that covered up all the time, i couldn't give a fuck now, soon as the suns out ( which isnt often in northen england) my tank goes on. You do get people staring and im sure alot of skinny/fat blokes will make a few snide comments to there wife/gf to try and hide there own insecurities.. i know who there gf will be thining about fucking them later that night tho!

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2011, 01:37:58 PM »
Also, remember bodybuilders and gymrats will consider <8-9 as "lean" , and if they are a little above that they could feel embarresed, meanwhile, regular people will se anything below 13 as "lean".

PS: nobody bodybuild for themselves, maybe they enjoy lifting and do it for a while for themselves, but that's not the case most of the times.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 01:42:57 PM »
Any bodybuilder that is offeason or on season will be in better shape physically than 99% of the population yet when they are not dieting for a contest they cover up and are ashamed of themselves. 

I was at the beach and there were some big fucking fat dudes, I mean obese fucks shirtless, the same with little twig dudes, yet the guys that obviously lift are wearing tank tops and afraid to go shirtless.

I just don't get it.  You spend a shit ton of money on drugs, chicken breasts, tuna, sweet potatoes etc... hours and hours in the gym yet are too fucked up psychologically to take your shirt off because you have a thin layer of water, yet the average dude who looks like shit has no problem going shirtless at the beach.

To make sure this thread doesn't sound homo, there were some serious fine teenage hoes in little string bikinis.  Just worries Chris Hansen was watching me.
read all about it here.
F

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 01:44:11 PM »
I don't hesitate to go topless when at the beach :)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2011, 01:49:59 PM »
I don't hesitate to go topless when at the beach :)

What the hell is that in your short, a condom for instant use?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2011, 01:53:48 PM »
What the hell is that in your short, a condom for instant use?

lol not sure why a condom is the first thing that comes to mind when you see a pic of me...anyway its an empty drink cup, didn't wanna litter in the ocean you know

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »
What about stretch marks :'(

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 02:03:16 PM »

This, most guys don't want to admit that they are out of shape or skinny twinks. Especially late 20s to early 30s. They still see themselves like they were in college or in their teens. I've seen several profiles of dudes when Myspace was the big thing, and they called themselves "athletic", yet they had guts and fatty arms...they lift that beer can up and down, and the fork up and down...

It's like nude beaches, the chicks that you really want to see nude don't really go nude, and the dudes who need to cover up, show their junk all over the place, and got more gut than anything...
It seems that people who are out of shape are more delusional than people who are in shape.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 02:09:20 PM »
I wear track tops most of the time, too many stares from guys when u wear a tshirt, I only want the girls to stare