Author Topic: A Texans's Answer to Welfare (must read)  (Read 9582 times)

supernick

• Getbig IV
A Texans's Answer to Welfare (must read)
« on: August 24, 2011, 09:44:55 AM »
A Texan’s Answer to Welfare

Submitted by Trevor on June 11, 2011

Reportedly from the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco, Texas, Nov 18, 2010.

Put me in charge

Put me in charge of food stamps. I’ll get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho’s, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese, and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I’d do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we’ll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke, or get tattoos and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your “home” will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a “government” job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good.”

Before you write that I’ve violated someone’s rights, realize that all of the above are voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be “demeaning” and ruin their “self esteem,” consider that it wasn’t that long ago that taking someone else’s money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we taxpayers are expected to pay for other people’s mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

And finally, while you are on Government subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will lose your voting privileges while you are receiving a Government welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job!”

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: A Texans's Answer to Welfare (must read)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:44:12 AM »
Best thing I've read this week!

GOOD

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 10:46:44 AM »
What does getting a tattoo or a piercing have to do with "Medicaid"?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 10:47:59 AM »
And if you are fat, do you have to burn it off before you can get anything to eat ?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 10:49:57 AM »

A fresh tattoo can get infected of course....you are not allowed to go outdoors in your free time as well, you could be bitten by a bug or twist your ankle.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »

Haha..I noticed that, too.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 10:52:52 AM »
A fresh tattoo can get infected of course....you are not allowed to go outdoors in your free time as well, you could be bitten by a bug or twist your ankle.

I'm not against the entire premise of the article, but there is really some lines there... Sure, I can be on board with the food stamps and even the housing, but rules for medicaid against tattoos? That seems just weird.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 10:54:32 AM »

people have paid some laser treatment places thousands through medicaid for tattoo removal.
Deep Tissue Massage

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 10:56:12 AM »
Maybe they can allow those poor people to vote only if it's Republican... ;)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 10:57:46 AM »
people have paid some laser treatment places thousands through medicaid for tattoo removal.

Ok, so say no laser removal of tattoos by medicaid.

Has nothing to do with having one... I do not see the connection.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 11:16:14 AM »
Yeah, I'm all for this.  The wealthy have been busy using their tax breaks to create all these jobs, yet we've got all these tattooed, ho-ho loving smokers out there taking in fat welfare checks.  I'm pissed as fuck.  ::)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 11:18:01 AM »
Yeah, I'm all for this.  The wealthy have been busy using their tax breaks to create all these jobs, yet we've got all these tattooed, ho-ho loving smokers out there taking in fat welfare checks.  I'm pissed as fuck.

I think there could be more than a few tattooed, ho-ho loving smokers posting on getbig....

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 11:22:13 AM »
What is it with tattoos these days anyway? Everyone has one. What the fuck is so good about em? Oh and the "i only like guys with tattoos' skanks....inexplicable

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 11:35:39 AM »
I think there could be more than a few tattooed, ho-ho loving smokers posting on getbig....

Well, we definitely have some ding-dong lovers who are notorious pole smokers.  If "supernick" was in charge, he'd have them on treadmills to create electricity for the getbig server.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 11:38:17 AM »
What is it with tattoos these days anyway? Everyone has one. What the fuck is so good about em? Oh and the "i only like guys with tattoos' skanks....inexplicable

With chicks and their own tattoos, it's funny how the trampstamp thing just blew the fuck up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 11:42:20 AM »
like!

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 12:28:08 PM »
Tattoos are for homos
X

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 12:40:47 PM »

Put me in charge

Put me in charge of food stamps. I’ll get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho’s, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese, and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I’d do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we’ll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke, or get tattoos and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your “home” will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a “government” job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good.”

Before you write that I’ve violated someone’s rights, realize that all of the above are voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be “demeaning” and ruin their “self esteem,” consider that it wasn’t that long ago that taking someone else’s money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we taxpayers are expected to pay for other people’s mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

And finally, while you are on Government subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will lose your voting privileges while you are receiving a Government welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job!”

Whoever wrote this is a complete nutcase.  Some of the ideals are ok but other items such as taking away people's voting rights, forced medical procedures, and etc is ridiculous and would actually cost more money than what's currently out there not to mention that Norplant is illegal to use in the U.S for very good reasons.  This should be done for people who are prisoners who have broken the law but being unemployed isn't a crime.    

A

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 12:44:05 PM »

Whoever wrote this is a complete nutcase.  Some of the ideals are ok but other items such as taking away people's voting rights, forced medical procedures, and etc is ridiculous and would actually cost more money than what's currently out there.  This should be done for people who are prisoners who have broken the law but being unemployed isn't a crime.   

agree 100%. There are a lot  of Americans who desperately want a job. This guy is an idiot.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 12:46:01 PM »

Put me in charge

Bingo!   

Add in a chain gang in the 100 degree heat, mandatory PT at 5:30 am, etc, and we are good to go for these parasites.   

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 12:46:24 PM »
you do not get to post on Getbig unless you are a self made millionaire.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 12:47:19 PM »

Bingo!   

Add in a chain gang in the 100 degree heat, mandatory PT at 5:30 am, etc, and we are good to go for these parasites.   

Sometimes you are really scary dude.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 12:54:03 PM »
Sometimes you are really scary dude.

Fine - take out the chain gang - but mandatory PT at 5:30 am muster is a must.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 12:55:35 PM »
Fine - take out the chain gang - but mandatory PT at 5:30 am muster is a must.   

How about we just tell them that they can't go spending money on things like laser surgery and cup cakes?

I'm even ok with the inspections on the government housing, but you can't tell them to make up their bed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 01:01:32 PM »
How about we just tell them that they can't go spending money on things like laser surgery and cup cakes?

I'm even ok with the inspections on the government housing, but you can't tell them to make up their bed.

Screw that - I would have these bums in the parking lot doing PT twice a day and make it like FMJ