Author Topic: Are these the best calves in BB right now?  (Read 37068 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Are these the best calves in BB right now?
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2011, 04:22:37 PM »
Sure, to an extent but if take Arnold as an example, his physique looked totally different later in his career than earlier. He was much more balanced and aesthetic. Ronnie was the opposite. Lee Labrada, at the end of his career hard started to add size which slightly altered the quality of his aesthetics. Bannout changed comnpletely from being aesthetically perfect towards being just bigger. Zane wasn't always aesthetically pleasing. In his earlier days, he was way out of balance.

But you are right in suggesting it is easier to ruin what you have. These days, the judges seem to value that approach.
labrada as an example yes was 175 in earlier olympia's at then of his career he was in the 190's and had a more vascular,thicker look all around esp arms which were a strongpoint,he did not get that way using connelly's metrx.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2011, 04:24:49 PM »

Pakulsi's got quite possibly the best calves in bodybuilding history there - can't think of many who are better.
Mike Mattazzo had 21' calves at a lesser body weight than Ben, who has 19s.

They are freaky, but I think Erik's are better.
BTW, there is a pic of Nasser measuring his calves at 21 inches.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2011, 04:30:29 PM »
Damn, was googling pics and saw this abomination. Flex Wheeler.

Instead of googling, maybe you might want to check getbig for the rare pic I posted of Flex at the 93 Arnold---Its a full backshot showing detailed, flexed diamond shaped calves---not big, but thet matched his physique.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »
im gonna be the gregg valentino of calves.  Im gonna make elephantiasis look healthy

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2011, 06:24:33 PM »
the best calves ever, half black guy

I saw Dillet in person in the late 90's at a gym in Toronto, and when he walked past me, as big as his upper body was, it was his lower body that blew me away.  Massive quads, massive hamstrings, and calves big as footballs, and they were ripped. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2011, 06:32:32 PM »
And no mention of Phil Hill, who had beastly calves regardless of race.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2011, 06:33:06 PM »
ben has the same 5 finger shoes as me
w

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2011, 06:56:15 PM »
Mike Mattazzo had 21' calves at a lesser body weight than Ben, who has 19s.

They are freaky, but I think Erik's are better.
BTW, there is a pic of Nasser measuring his calves at 21 inches.
Ben's calves have to be over 20s. There is no way in hell those are 19s.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2011, 06:57:54 PM »
Then there is Dorian's calves. Some of the best ever!

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2011, 06:59:42 PM »
Mihaly Kormany

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2011, 06:59:58 PM »
Then there is Dorian's calves. Some of the best ever!

def NOT
w

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Khofo

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • TeaM Snbaté FéLLA and kinKong
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2011, 07:10:11 PM »
Mike has some great calves

TeamGh15-snBatéFéLLa

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2011, 07:26:43 PM »

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »
Ben's calves have to be over 20s. There is no way in hell those are 19s.
Matt C spoke on this about a month ago, apparently he asked Ben, and Ben said they measured 19s, I don't think Ben is as tall as Mattarazzo, so Ben's look huge...
And I started a thread either last yr or in 2009 about whose was better Ben's or Erik'

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2011, 07:45:58 PM »
Best calves  ever

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2011, 07:55:47 PM »
Matt C spoke on this about a month ago, apparently he asked Ben, and Ben said they measured 19s, I don't think Ben is as tall as Mattarazzo, so Ben's look huge...
And I started a thread either last yr or in 2009 about whose was better Ben's or Erik'

That's pretty shocking, i thought Ben's calves were around 21", short shins i guess. Freaky calves are cool and everything as a show off muscle in the day to day, but I think Paul D and Dorian had the best looking huge calves. Erik's just look stupid to me. His calves probably measure 4 inches more than his arms, and they overpower his quads and hams, not a good look imo.

OlDirTy

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »
Matt C spoke on this about a month ago, apparently he asked Ben, and Ben said they measured 19s

2min30...

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2011, 08:05:59 PM »
2min30...

poliquin overcomplicating shit... fuckin dork

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2011, 08:25:30 PM »
At the end of the day, large calves don't make you run faster or jump higher. We've all seen fat women (and men) who have HUGE calves to the point that they look like mutant Bulls.

The most extreme example to me was a construction worker who had a beret belly and big round ass calves that started at the base of the knee and ended well down his shin...looked like he was bitten by spider, had balloons or was relates to Popeye.

And he just walked along.

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2011, 09:20:37 PM »

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2011, 10:18:06 PM »
No I'm not black, and these are seo calves, you cal tell because they taper to such a sharp and small ankle, guys with huge calves have not only the two big main muscles but also oversized supporting muscles, making the whole region very thick and making the whole leg kind of bottom heavy, but these calves I like, remind me of ronnie's
false and fail. vince always had the calves and ive seen him at many npc show here in Florida. same calves all the time. they are not injected. man has genetics for calves. you have them or you dont.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2011, 10:18:45 PM »
best calves in bodybuild history belong to mike matarazza,, when taking everything to consideration ,, both sheer size and shape,, and over all the balance and symetry ,,the diamond shape ,, and the products used,,

ben plupsosky is all insulina and gh ,, same for kuklo the kid,,  matarazza was more aas and gh ....big diff,, his calves are stil number one in the history of bodybuild,, again calves are genetic and nothing you can do about it other than  seo which is dumb to do now day because....mr o 2008 had no special calves.... you can get to top with no calves see denise wolfe,, really today it dont count ,,back in the 80s and 90s yes ...today you dont need no calves

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2011, 10:28:54 PM »
Whatever was a guy's selling point is what they always supposedly worked for. It's just ridiculous of course. The big brutal guys worked for that. The lighter so-called aesthetic guys worked for this instead. Also notice how bodybuilders always site guys who look like themselves as their inspirations and how they worked to look like their idols? Fact of the matter is that genetics is what dictates if you're going to look aesthetic or blocky. It's not a training trick. Mike Katz could never look like Zane, he could do Zane's routine exactly and it wouldn't work. And Zane couldn't look like Katz. Could Platz have been proportionate and symmetrical? No, he tried and failed. Could Arnold have Platz's quads? No.
All a bb can do is add muscle to his frame. Proportions and skeletal structure is what determines aesthetic appeal and it's all genetic. Take ANY bodybuilder at the start of their competitive career and compare to the end, when they no doubt tried balancing out their bodyparts and you'll just see a bigger version of the starting point. Training has little to nothing to do with it.

No, aesthetics isn't just for lighter guys, that's absolutely right. But lighter guys are always called aesthetic by bodybuilding fans, magazines, etc. Being light isn't necessarily aesthetic.

Like I said, the only thing you can do is avoid ruining your aesthetics with drugs and food and Synthol etc.

Fantastic post!

As for this thread, Flex Lewis calves seem to be missing from this page.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2011, 12:07:33 AM »

Matarazzo?

Nasser comes to mind too.