Author Topic: Mark Dugdale's update (2011-08-30 )  (Read 12434 times)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Mark Dugdale's update (2011-08-30 )
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 05:10:14 PM »
To be honest, it was not really meant as an attack. More along the lines of a moral dilemma. Akin to cops who buy illegal drugs and engage in criminal activity, yet are supposed to uphold the law. I find it interesting how Christians, as well as other theists, call themselves men of God, yet engage in illegal activity (purchasing of illegal drugs). Now I am obviously very far from perfect; however, I am not claiming to be a man of God either. Its interesting to know how Dugdale reconciles his belief in a God with engaging in illegal activity (purchasing of steroids). But it really wasn't meant to be an attack. Others framed it better than I should have.

I'm right there with you.
It's more curiosity than anything.
Using the cop analogy as you did above, is spot on. Gets the point across using the same example, but different names and situation.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »
Look how bay runs from this thread like the devil from the cross. A man win a family is something that a leftist phag got can handle...
S

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 05:15:19 PM »
jesus never said anything about doing drugs. when asked what were the only two rules people should live by "there is one god and love your neighbor". obviously, christ thought the only thing you needed to do as a person of faith was treat other people with love and respect. taking steroids, whether legal or not, is thus no obstruction to being a christian.

He also said to obey the laws of the land ~ i.e.,: paying taxes, etc. ~ in the U.S. it is a felony offense to purchase steroids without a prescription... not to mention the irony of being a Police Officer who supposedly upholds the law.

This isn't a forum that is receptive to preaching and I need to stop with this one for fear that an unwitting soul will respond with absence of mind.

I'll agree to disagree if that's cool with you. You are my neighbor after all, right?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 05:20:02 PM »
Yall remember Francois was one step away from being a Catholic Priest...and then boom.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 05:20:55 PM »
Dugdale is a good christian man with a great family. Nothing mean to say about him.

I believe this also. Who are we to judge? My question was misconstrued.

"He who is without sin shall cast the first stone..."

I'm just curious as to the thought-processing of a professing Christian on the matter of knowingly purchasing drugs that are a felony offense. One would think he would have a little nervousness and guilt knowing he was in violation of the law.

If he were arrested, saying "I am a Christian!" also would not save him. It would be deemed hypocrisy. I am only trying to provoke thoughts, not throw stones.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 08:41:43 PM »
WOW.......

NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE HOW FOOLISH PEOPLE ARE HERE.....

THERE IS A VIDEO OF A MAN TAKING HIS FAMILY TO A WATERPARK

BEING A GOOD FAMILY MAN......A GREAT BUSINESS MAN.....A PRETTY GOOD BBER

AND YET SOME BLOKES HERE FEEL THE NEED TO BLAST THE MAN....

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO JUDGE THIS MAN.....BBING DIDN'T EVEN COME UP IN THIS VIDEO

YET SF1900 DECIDES TO INJECT HIS BULLSHIT IN HERE......GET A LIFE YOU FRIGGIN TURD!!!

I totally agree. It is like some folks can't think, write or say a nice thing to save their lives. Frankly, they must be miserable fucks.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2011, 09:28:45 PM »
WOW.......

NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE HOW FOOLISH PEOPLE ARE HERE.....

THERE IS A VIDEO OF A MAN TAKING HIS FAMILY TO A WATERPARK

BEING A GOOD FAMILY MAN......A GREAT BUSINESS MAN.....A PRETTY GOOD BBER

AND YET SOME BLOKES HERE FEEL THE NEED TO BLAST THE MAN....

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO JUDGE THIS MAN.....BBING DIDN'T EVEN COME UP IN THIS VIDEO

YET SF1900 DECIDES TO INJECT HIS BULLSHIT IN HERE......GET A LIFE YOU FRIGGIN TURD!!!

nice post. i was thinking the same thing. the guy takes time out to spend with his family showing that a pro bber can be a normal peson too.
irongearco.com

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2011, 10:28:54 PM »

nice post. i was thinking the same thing. the guy takes time out to spend with his family showing that a pro bber can be a normal peson too.

If you read a previous post of mine, it would have explained what I meant. I wrote:

To be honest, it was not really meant as an attack. More along the lines of a moral dilemma. Akin to cops who buy illegal drugs and engage in criminal activity, yet are supposed to uphold the law. I find it interesting how Christians, as well as other theists, call themselves men of God, yet engage in illegal activity (purchasing of illegal drugs). Now I am obviously very far from perfect; however, I am not claiming to be a man of God either. Its interesting to know how Dugdale reconciles his belief in a God with engaging in illegal activity (purchasing of steroids). But it really wasn't meant to be an attack. Others framed it better than I should have.

It is an interesting moral dilemma, considering people in their daily lives claim to be moralistic in one breath, then act totally different. Kind of like the numerous accounts of priest molesting little boys. Obviously, Dugdale does nothing of this nature. But you can understand the similarities between the two. Thus, this moral dilemma can be posed to anyone! I mean, look at all the videos that are posted on here of cops beating up civilians or taking the law too far. On the one hand, they are supposed to uphold the law; on the other, they are breaking the law by using excessive force. Does it make you upset when people post videos of cops and calling them "pigs" etc? Why doesn't it? Aren't they family men too? I will reiterate, I didn't mean to knock dugdale, was just posing a question.
X

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2011, 10:33:16 PM »

In a recent PM, I wrote this and standby my thoughts:

At the end of a the day, people are going to do what they want to do. Nobody will tell them they can do this and can't do that and everyone will abide by the rules set forth by the governing powers.
Religion is just a way to try to keep the reigns a little tighter and control the masses from doing what the leader of the group wants.

Be it Christian, Catholic or an uptight Anabolic Outlaw...they can say God told me to do this or to do that. But at the end of the day, Coleman, Arnold, Haney or Dugdale...whoever your good upstanding religious advocate may be, that person will do what they want and if it happens to be steroids, they'll find a loophole and exploit it in order to do what they want. Because they want to. That is the beauty of free will.

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2011, 10:36:42 PM »
i wonder if his daughters get shit from other kids in school about their dad being a steroid user?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2011, 10:42:27 PM »

He also said to obey the laws of the land ~ i.e.,: paying taxes, etc. ~ in the U.S. it is a felony offense to purchase steroids without a prescription... not to mention the irony of being a Police Officer who supposedly upholds the law.

This isn't a forum that is receptive to preaching and I need to stop with this one for fear that an unwitting soul will respond with absence of mind.

I'll agree to disagree if that's cool with you. You are my neighbor after all, right?

no jesus did not say to obey the laws. he advised two men to pay their taxes, what he said was "do unto ceasar what is ceasars and do unto the lord what is the lords". the only reason he said it was because the men were trying to tempt jesus to say something that would have had him be executed by asking if they should give their tax money to charity instead of ceasar. they thought he would tell them to give it to the church, and if he did that they would have ran to the closest official and reprted him.   there is no other mention about anything related to following man made laws.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »
If you read a previous post of mine, it would have explained what I meant. I wrote:

It is an interesting moral dilemma, considering people in their daily lives claim to be moralistic in one breath, then act totally different. Kind of like the numerous accounts of priest molesting little boys. Obviously, Dugdale does nothing of this nature. But you can understand the similarities between the two. Thus, this moral dilemma can be posed to anyone! I mean, look at all the videos that are posted on here of cops beating up civilians or taking the law too far. On the one hand, they are supposed to uphold the law; on the other, they are breaking the law by using excessive force. Does it make you upset when people post videos of cops and calling them "pigs" etc? Why doesn't it? Aren't they family men too? I will reiterate, I didn't mean to knock dugdale, was just posing a question.

and your question was a stupid one. morality is determined by how a behavior affects others. there is nothing immoral about using steroids or breaking "the law". who could possibly be hurt by such behavior? the answer is no one but the person behaving that way, and self harm is not immoral, its just stupid.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2011, 10:47:39 PM »
I'm right there with you.
It's more curiosity than anything.
Using the cop analogy as you did above, is spot on. Gets the point across using the same example, but different names and situation.
ya because dugdale puts people in jail for doing steroids  ::)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2011, 10:53:49 PM »
and your question was a stupid one. morality is determined by how a behavior affects others. there is nothing immoral about using steroids or breaking "the law". who could possibly be hurt by such behavior? the answer is no one but the person behaving that way, and self harm is not immoral, its just stupid.

Well, lets see, if Dugdale gets caught buying steroids, which is an illegal activity, then he might spend a few years in jail. Thus, his behavior would have a direct effect on his family who now have to fend for themselves. It wouldn't be too moralistic to leave your kids and wife without a father. It is rather selfish of somonee to put their own interests (body) in front of his family interest. And this might be considered pride, which is one of the seven deadly sins. Not very moralistic for a Christian man. And this goes for anyone, not just dugdale.
X

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2011, 11:01:13 PM »
Speaking of which, wasn't Branch Warren just complaining about traveling to Sweden to guest pose? What was the reason again?

The cops pull you into the station for being suspect based on your muscle size. He didn't want to be arrested like another Pro just had been.

There is some weird irony here, isn't there?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2011, 12:27:47 AM »
In my opinion, steroids should not be illegal. There are too many laws which seek to protect us from our own behaviors and do nothing to protect others from harm. If I want to roid myself into a muscular freak, that should be my choice. I may destroy my health in the process and possibly leave my family to fend for themselves if I die doing this, but it is my choice and I should be entitled to do with my life as I please.

We are a society that has become comfortable with blaming anyone but ourselves for our own choices. And why not? The law supports us. If we smoke a raft of cigarettes and die from lung cancer or emphysema, our families can sue the tobacco companies for leading us down that path....like we had no mind of our own. It is pathetic!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2011, 01:14:00 AM »
jesus never said anything about doing drugs. when asked what were the only two rules people should live by "there is one god and love your neighbor". obviously, christ thought the only thing you needed to do as a person of faith was treat other people with love and respect. taking steroids, whether legal or not, is thus no obstruction to being a christian.

Wrong. It says in Revelation 22:15 that "For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoeuer loueth and maketh a lie." The word "sorcery" is often a substitute for illicit drug use/abuse. Before that, we read in Romans 13:

1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

Whether we agree with current drug laws or not--and I certainly don't--the use of steroids without genuine medicinal purposes is illegal.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2011, 09:07:53 AM »
everyone has free will, even people who follow jesus. dont think for a minute that christian bodybuilders who use steroids dont feel guilty about it, they just try to convince themselves its okay.ive been there myself and the guilt nevers leaves you till you stop using them, but at the end of the day they know jesus wouldnt be sticking pins in ass to look good in posing trunks, after all, the whole point of following jesus word is to try to live like jesus did, its impossible for us but he still wants us to try our best
R

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2011, 09:10:14 AM »
jesus did drugs too, why should we feel sorry about using them then.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2011, 09:11:10 AM »
you also have to consider that alot of people have varying degrees of faith for different parts of the "story".

most people have a  belief in god and an afterlife of some kind, some believe in jesus because his message was so pure, and maybe half of those believe in the old testament for whatever reason.

one may be a christian and not have any regard for the old testament. in fact if one still views the old testament as a true story about life on earth they would have to be ignorant of the amount of science we have proving otherwise.

for a person who believes in jesus but not the old testament the idea of morality is not bound by arbitrary rules and most do not consider damaging yourself to be an actual "sin" but just a bad personal decision.

and i think thats correct.

from the literature on jesus one could assume so would he.

Now your a theologian ??? hahahahha Oh brother you must be the most OVER qualified lifeguard at the kiddie pool on the face of the Earth...
L

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2011, 09:12:13 AM »
the hypocrisy comes in the "fact" that god created man in his own image, and drugdale is altering that image, thereby defying god.  capisce, tdongz?
Deep Tissue Massage

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2011, 09:23:38 AM »
I would beat his wife's box up thats about all i know about this small fella.
STFU

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 09:46:29 AM »
STFU

Lately, I noticed a lot of "clever" posts from you like these.  ::)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2011, 09:46:56 AM »
ya because dugdale puts people in jail for doing steroids  ::)

You're are two things:

1) the reason Free Will shouldn't be given to everybody
2) an idiot that shows exactly why a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2011, 10:39:45 AM »
Well, lets see, if Dugdale gets caught buying steroids, which is an illegal activity, then he might spend a few years in jail. Thus, his behavior would have a direct effect on his family who now have to fend for themselves. It wouldn't be too moralistic to leave your kids and wife without a father. It is rather selfish of somonee to put their own interests (body) in front of his family interest. And this might be considered pride, which is one of the seven deadly sins. Not very moralistic for a Christian man. And this goes for anyone, not just dugdale.
 ::)

by that logic its also immoral to be work in any industry where ones life is at risk.  

when saying it would be immoral for him to leave behind his family if he was sent to jail, your forgetting about the fact that for something to be immoral it must have be done intentionally.

Wrong. It says in Revelation 22:15 that "For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoeuer loueth and maketh a lie." The word "sorcery" is often a substitute for illicit drug use/abuse. Before that, we read in Romans 13:

1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

Whether we agree with current drug laws or not--and I certainly don't--the use of steroids without genuine medicinal purposes is illegal.

those are not jesus' words, fool. we were discussing christianity alone.

the hypocrisy comes in the "fact" that god created man in his own image, and drugdale is altering that image, thereby defying god.  capisce, tdongz?
so working out with the intention of becoming muscular would also be immoral, altering yourself from your original design. and getting braces would be immoral. so would fixing a kids clef lip.

you idiots need to think about the implications of your beliefs before spouting them off.