Author Topic: What did you eat yesterday?  (Read 766308 times)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: What did you eat yesterday?
« Reply #550 on: April 23, 2013, 07:09:36 AM »
damn i never knew that stuff is poison in high amounts, i use it alot in my tea n stuff. i always read its safe n has no side effect, im gonna switch to splenda maybe or something without aspartame

Look into that more before you go believing it. There was research done a long time ago that was proved to be inaccurate.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #551 on: April 23, 2013, 07:13:42 AM »
btw...asperatame was first synthesized in the 60's so cyp maybe thinking about something else. Saccharin maybe  ???

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #552 on: April 23, 2013, 07:30:24 AM »
I totally agree with the insulin levels, in my previous post you can notice I had 1 bread in my third meal and that opened my appetite big time, I ended up binging. I guess that's why I find "easier" to stick to a zero carb diet rather than a low carb or a diet with moderate carbs, the carbs make me crave more carbs.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #553 on: April 23, 2013, 07:31:03 AM »
I totally agree with the insulin levels, in my previous post you can notice I had 1 bread in my third meal and that opened my appetite big time, I ended up binging. I guess that's why I find "easier" to stick to a zero carb diet rather than a low carb or a diet with moderate carbs, the carbs make me crave more carbs.

100% agreed
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #554 on: April 23, 2013, 07:35:29 AM »
for me something as little as a tablespoon of mashed potatoes caused my appettite to increase bigtime, zero carbs means zero appettite for me,i can get away with some greens though thrown in the mix
R

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #555 on: April 23, 2013, 07:39:29 AM »
for me something as little as a tablespoon of mashed potatoes caused my appettite to increase bigtime, zero carbs means zero appettite for me,i can get away with some greens though thrown in the mix

Me too bro, veggies like green beans, peas, broccoli, they do not increase my appetite.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #556 on: April 23, 2013, 07:47:11 AM »
btw...asperatame was first synthesized in the 60's so cyp maybe thinking about something else. Saccharin maybe  ???

Lol just looked it up briefly and seems like it is mega broscience. Thinking back I must have read it on someone's personal 'recovery from apartame poisoning' website, so not the most objective source in the world lol. Thanks bro, I won't be furthering that nonsense  ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #557 on: April 23, 2013, 07:49:07 AM »
breakfast: oranges and coffee

lunch: whole wheat pita with meat

dinner: Rib eye steak with potato and tomato-salad

late night: Bread and a protein shake

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #558 on: April 23, 2013, 07:51:10 AM »
breakfast: oranges and coffee

lunch: whole wheat pita with meat

dinner: Rib eye steak with potato and tomato-salad

late night: Bread and a protein shake

u must have a pretty decent metabloism to get away with the bread late night, im not that fortunate,if i have bread late night i can feel it the next morning
R

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #559 on: April 23, 2013, 07:52:26 AM »

True, but I find it depends on what carbs you're eating when doing low carb. I'm on low carb, but also gluten free (doctors instructions) so no biscuits/crackers/breads etc. I find that small amounts of rice, sweet potato don't give me an appetite like a couple slices of white bread would...reasons for this - who knows?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #560 on: April 23, 2013, 07:55:44 AM »
True, but I find it depends on what carbs you're eating when doing low carb. I'm on low carb, but also gluten free (doctors instructions) so no biscuits/crackers/breads etc. I find that small amounts of rice, sweet potato don't give me an appetite like a couple slices of white bread would...reasons for this - who knows?

how did the doc find out u where allergic to gluten? bloodwork? im wondering cause i feel like crap after eating foods with gluten in them, did your doc have to ask the lab to check for gluten intolerance or does that show up on complete bloodwork panel?
R

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #561 on: April 23, 2013, 07:58:59 AM »
i havent ate breakfast in 20 years now, i know its not the best thing to do but i always like training on empty stomach. i seem to get way leaner when i train on empty stomach also, soon as i get done training ill have some sardines in oil with some green beans

smart fella you are...

i always train on am empty stomach, why? It breaks down lean tissue better.  I also do not believe in eating carbs preworkout...you want your insulin levels as low as possible. high levels of insulin will prevent muscle breakdown Which is why I lol at the idiots who use slin preworkout...

you should never use stimulants either, not even coffee it will have a negative impact on gains long term, I can go more into detail about the negative effects the fight or flight response....  and why its not optimal but i do not have time right now.
l

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #562 on: April 23, 2013, 08:01:36 AM »
how did the doc find out u where allergic to gluten? bloodwork? im wondering cause i feel like crap after eating foods with gluten in them, did your doc have to ask the lab to check for gluten intolerance or does that show up on complete bloodwork panel?

It wasn't so much an intolerance, rather that the natural response to gluten is inflammation in the body (joints etc) for a healthy person it won't make a HUGE difference, but because a I have an autoimmune disease that causes damage through inflaming my nerves, the added gluten apparently magnifies the effect.

What I do know about gluten intolerance though / celiac's disease - is that they can't do simple bloodwork to figure it out, it's more a process of trial and error with diet to see the response you get from the body

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #563 on: April 23, 2013, 08:03:47 AM »
It wasn't so much an intolerance, rather that the natural response to gluten is inflammation in the body (joints etc) for a healthy person it won't make a HUGE difference, but because a I have an autoimmune disease that causes damage through inflaming my nerves, the added gluten apparently magnifies the effect.

What I do know about gluten intolerance though / celiac's disease - is that they can't do simple bloodwork to figure it out, it's more a process of trial and error with diet to see the response you get from the body

my doc mentioned to me something about celiac, im gonna talk to him more about it when i see him soon. thanks for the info bigcyp
R

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #564 on: April 23, 2013, 08:20:02 AM »
generic captain crunch cereal with fruit-flavored marshmellows and skim milk + chicken mixed with salsa, onion, and lettuce

chicken with barbecue sauce

frozen yogurt

sour patch kids watermelon slices chewy candy + black licorice flavored sugar-coated jumbo gummy bears

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #565 on: April 23, 2013, 08:48:26 AM »
generic captain crunch cereal with fruit-flavored marshmellows and skim milk + chicken mixed with salsa, onion, and lettuce

chicken with barbecue sauce

frozen yogurt

sour patch kids watermelon slices chewy candy + black licorice flavored sugar-coated jumbo gummy bears

We missed you!!!!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #566 on: April 23, 2013, 08:50:27 AM »
my doc mentioned to me something about celiac, im gonna talk to him more about it when i see him soon. thanks for the info bigcyp

Anytime - I hope you get to the bottom of it, and if it comes down to it and you have to reduce gluten in your diet, then you'll feel heaps better for it. All the best

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #567 on: April 23, 2013, 09:35:41 AM »
no more bodybuilding?
Next year but this year Powerlifting

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #568 on: April 23, 2013, 09:44:34 AM »
Next year but this year Powerlifting
I did this in the past .. liked it

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #569 on: April 23, 2013, 02:10:58 PM »
dont believe in that at all. I am of the belief if your healthy, you can eat whatever the fuck you want and be perfectly flne. diet soda, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, whatever...

way i look at it is- If a  little aspartame is going to give you cancer, your probably fucked anyways.

Believe what you want. Processed foods and unnecessary chemicals are often linked to poor health and obesity, which is rampant today.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #570 on: April 23, 2013, 02:26:23 PM »
Believe what you want. Processed foods and unnecessary chemicals are often linked to poor health and obesity, which is rampant today.

question for you

guy 1 eats

1. 1lb salmon a spinach salad blueberries and a diet coke
2. same thing with no diet coke

you honestly think the 2nd one will be healthier?  doubt it..
l

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #571 on: April 23, 2013, 02:35:29 PM »
question for you

guy 1 eats

1. 1lb salmon a spinach salad blueberries and a diet coke
2. same thing with no diet coke

you honestly think the 2nd one will be healthier?  doubt it..

I do think it is healthier. For one thing carbonated drinks can cause an overload of phosphorous in our systems which is very unhealthy. Next time, try water or green tea.

Incidentally, 1lb. of salmon is too much to eat in one sitting....mercury poisoning anyone?

THE BOUNCER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #572 on: April 23, 2013, 03:23:18 PM »
call me one unhealthy mother fucker then because i drink 5-6 diet sodas a day. keeps me sane when eating strict. sugar free gum by the pack as well.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #573 on: April 23, 2013, 04:05:37 PM »
call me one unhealthy mother fucker then because i drink 5-6 diet sodas a day. keeps me sane when eating strict. sugar free gum by the pack as well.

Try adding a dash of fruit juice to a glass of water

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #574 on: April 23, 2013, 04:07:40 PM »

i down about 3 gallons of crystal light a day, it helps me out bigtime now that im dieting hard. that stuffs a life saver for me
R