Author Topic: Is it GOD or just luck?  (Read 11814 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Is it GOD or just luck?
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2011, 10:50:59 AM »
Bumpity-bump

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2011, 10:55:22 AM »
no, either there is no cause... and everything just happened.

or there was/is a cause.. which means everything happened for a reason.. which means it was created.. which requires a thinking being.

two options, only two= "just happened", or "creator".

indisputable.

You just outdid yourself again.

But alright fine, I'll go with the "just happened" option as the more likely one. Why is this not the better option according to you?
from incomplete data

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »
You just outdid yourself again.

But alright fine, I'll go with the "just happened" option as the more likely one. Why is this not the better option according to you?

there are only those two options

i dont know which one is reality

but i can tell you that it makes much more sense to me, all things considered, that god created it.  going off metaphysics and the experience of being human.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2011, 11:00:19 AM »
but i can tell you that it makes much more sense to me, all things considered, that god created it.  going off metaphysics and the experience of being human.

= you don't know jack shit.

Why are you defending your unfounded world view then? I hope you're not seriously trying to convince others to share your 'faith', are you? Why are you even here arguing when you just now admitted that your god is only something that you believe in, not anything that can be proven or logically deduced?
from incomplete data

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2011, 11:05:03 AM »
= you don't know jack shit.

Why are you defending your unfounded world view then? I hope you're not seriously trying to convince others to share your 'faith', are you? Why are you even here arguing when you just now admitted that your god is only something that you believe in, not anything that can be proven or logically deduced?

im arguing against the idea that science disproves or can replace god.

maybe i should have stated my opinion differently,  I FIND IT VERY UNLIKELY THAT EVERYTHING JUST HAPPENED TO HAPPEN, AND IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE STATE OF EXISTENCE DEMANDS A CREATOR

of course.. opinion, and not certainty. but then again, we cant be certain of anything. not even of our own existence.   

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2011, 11:21:35 AM »
im arguing against the idea that science disproves or can replace god.

If one insists on using the 'god' terminology, what science and philosophy might do is to simply redefine what 'god' is. You can still have your god, just that it probably will be something way different than you'd imagine. A quantum fluctuation maybe.

maybe i should have stated my opinion differently,  I FIND IT VERY UNLIKELY THAT EVERYTHING JUST HAPPENED TO HAPPEN, AND IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE STATE OF EXISTENCE DEMANDS A CREATOR

Alright, that is perfectly reasonable. I personally do not agree with that view but at least we both can humble enough and say that we simply do not know.
from incomplete data

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2011, 11:46:29 AM »
no, a quantum fluctuation is not god. no scientic description will ever be able to describe what caused the universe. science by definition is never ending, the universe is infinitely complex. even when an end point is seemingly reached one still has to explain the origins of that end point, and so on.. or admit there is no cause.

no cause, or god.  two options. 

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2011, 12:31:57 PM »
no, a quantum fluctuation is not god. no scientic description will ever be able to describe what caused the universe. science by definition is never ending, the universe is infinitely complex. even when an end point is seemingly reached one still has to explain the origins of that end point, and so on.. or admit there is no cause.

no cause, or god.  two options. 

You're making a lot assumptions....
from incomplete data