Author Topic: What single moment in life has hurt you the most?  (Read 35145 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: What single moment in life has hurt you the most?
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2011, 05:11:38 PM »
It's just vacation. We go out about 6 times per year. We do have to pay extra for the golf course and membership but it's a little pricy. During the on season it's tough to find a good course under a $100 a round.

Playing at Charbonneau costs a lot less than that..... However, with all the rain in the Pacific Northwest, the golf course does not need a lot of watering like one would in Palm Springs. One can purchase a monthly membership pass for a little over $150. Summertime daily fees are only $30 during peak hours for 18 holes and go down from there. So if one is inclined to play more than five times a month, the way to go is a monthly membership.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2011, 05:41:45 PM »
Kinda hate to admit this, but i cried more when my dog died then when human family members died. Even ones i cared about. This happen to anyone else? 

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2011, 05:48:06 PM »
Kinda hate to admit this, but i cried more when my dog died then when human family members died. Even ones i cared about. This happen to anyone else? 

Something about a dogs innocence I know what you mean.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2011, 05:58:15 PM »

Is this the first dog you lost? I suspect the first time is often the hardest time. If a dog's life span is 1/7 of ours, one could conceivably experience the death of seven dogs. For folks like me, who often have more than one dog, that figure is increased greatly.

When a dog is ill or dying, they are so helpless. We feel like we should be able to do something for them, but that isn't always possible, particularly when they are just dying of old age. Like people, dogs often die of a stroke or failed organs. At least sometimes, we have to good sense to let them or if need be help them to die rather than suffer needlessly like we do with other humans.

Often a dogs end comes quickly. There isn't a lot of time to prepare oneself for the inevitable. Often with family members we know for a long time that they are dying. Many of us are mentally ready for their death. My mom died from complications as a result of emphysema (she was a really heavy smoker). She was sick for several years beforehand and often in and out of the hospital. Her death was almost a blessing when it came. I was sad to lose her but I didn't cry, as I remember.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2011, 06:00:13 PM »
Is this the first dog you lost? I suspect the first time is often the hardest time. If a dog's life span is 1/7 of ours, one could conceivably experience the death of seven dogs. For folks like me, who often have more than one dog, that figure is increased greatly.

When a dog is ill or dying, they are so helpless. We feel like we should be able to do something for them, but that isn't always possible, particularly when they are just dying of old age. Like people, dogs often die of a stroke or failed organs. At least sometimes, we have to good sense to let them or if need be help them to die rather than suffer needlessly like we do with other humans.

Often a dogs end comes quickly. There isn't a lot of time to prepare oneself for the inevitable. Often with family members we know for a long time that they are dying. Many of us are mentally ready for their death. My mom died from complications as a result of emphysema (she was a really heavy smoker). She was sick for several years beforehand and often in and out of the hospital. Her death was almost a blessing when it came. I was sad to lose her but I didn't cry, as I remember.

Very well explained.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2011, 10:05:14 PM »
so because they want kids and create a family, create life.....they want power (to dominate you, to kill you, to enslave you...just like your mother right?) and you have to hurt them and ruin their natural , life oriented need.

eeeer...OK.. perfectly logical... so you were born because your mother was a power hungry snake who fooled your father...

let me guess, your father left your mother and told you women were all abusive power hungry whores whose only pleasure and goal in life is to enslave men, torture them, manipulate them, and that you should only have sex with and then dump?
Did your father's father abandon his mother when he was a child?

And so on, and on, and on... until lineages stop.

I wondered if you were a weirdo and your inane ramblings in this post just confirmed it.

My parents celebrated their 32nd wedding anniversary in March. They climbed Kilimanjaro in April to celebrate. Every year they do something to celebrate their anniversary. Last year the ran a half marathon. Next year they're talking about cycling from Lands End up to John O'Groats in northern Scotland. Their parents, before both my grandfathers passed away, were both married for over 50 years. Very happily married.

My brother and his wife are expecting their first child in February. My sister and her husband had their 2nd baby last year and want another (Can you believe). Everyone in my family is well adjusted without any hang ups or peculiar views on life as I have. Both my parents support me to the hilt in whatever I do, or don't do. And what I don't want is some screaming stinky kid taking away precious time of the best years of my life. I don't find kids cute, adorable, funny or <insert any favorable adjective of your choice>. I find them an inconvenience and a hassle and something I NEVER want.

Kindly leave the half-baked theories and half-assed attempts at judging me, you're nowhere near correct.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2011, 10:30:40 PM »
I wondered if you were a weirdo and your inane ramblings in this post just confirmed it.

My parents celebrated their 32nd wedding anniversary in March. They climbed Kilimanjaro in April to celebrate. Every year they do something to celebrate their anniversary. Last year the ran a half marathon. Next year they're talking about cycling from Lands End up to John O'Groats in northern Scotland. Their parents, before both my grandfathers passed away, were both married for over 50 years. Very happily married.

My brother and his wife are expecting their first child in February. My sister and her husband had their 2nd baby last year and want another (Can you believe). Everyone in my family is well adjusted without any hang ups or peculiar views on life as I have. Both my parents support me to the hilt in whatever I do, or don't do. And what I don't want is some screaming stinky kid taking away precious time of the best years of my life. I don't find kids cute, adorable, funny or <insert any favorable adjective of your choice>. I find them an inconvenience and a hassle and something I NEVER want.

Kindly leave the half-baked theories and half-assed attempts at judging me, you're nowhere near correct.

Quoted For Truth.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2011, 11:29:12 PM »
physical pain? Getting viral meningitis from a mosquito when i was in college. Talking about fucking pain.
A

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #208 on: October 03, 2011, 02:40:23 AM »
physical pain? Getting viral meningitis from a mosquito when i was in college. Talking about fucking pain.

Did you beat up that mosquito afterwards?

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2011, 03:05:34 AM »
Bodybuilding wise in 2007 I trained, cardio'd, dieted & made many sacrifices for almost a whole year with the ultimate goal of competing in the IFBB Classic bodybuilding world Champs. As I got closer to the show I gradually became obsessed, very unbalanced..as anyone who competes will relate to... actually almost lost my job over that prep, broke up with GF - life truely sucked. There was just a lot of pressure on me to do well (pressure from the our National IFBB Federation &  Supplement Sponsor to do well etc) and that combined with so many other life pressures going on, it was rough. Anyway after all those months of hard work (never worked so hard in my life for anything), I flew all the way on my own from South Africa to Spain in the best shape of my life.. But was disqualified at the weigh in for not making my weight  :-[ I was over by 4 oz on my 2nd weigh in attempt  I was devastated :'( was also treated very poorly by the IFBB Officials there  >:(  Was a very stressful bleak moment! But after putting things into persepctive it was a massive learning experience & helped make me seriously re-evaluate my priorities!  

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2011, 10:49:21 AM »
Did you beat up that mosquito afterwards?
i killed the little bitch and some of her family when they were sucking my blood.
A

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2011, 05:05:45 PM »
Quoted For Truth.
I think ubermann is projecting the negativity of his upbringing out onto others. I notice when people criticize others it is often times a reflection of what they lived through or a reflection of themselves.

Stavios

« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2011, 05:23:05 PM »
Looks like none of you guys pissed razor blades in your life

nothing hurt as much

nothing

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2011, 06:28:40 PM »
I think ubermann is projecting the negativity of his upbringing out onto others. I notice when people criticize others it is often times a reflection of what they lived through or a reflection of themselves.
He has an absolutely horrendous track record so it must be exactly as you stated, an outward projection of himself and his plights.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2011, 06:37:53 PM »

nothing hurt as much

nothing
I have actually. Never had a kidney stone but once in a blue moon ill get a razor blade like sensation.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2011, 06:40:04 PM »

nothing hurt as much

nothing

passing a stone?

Stavios

« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2011, 06:43:38 PM »
passing a stone?

no I was a kid

urinary infection

You know like in the movie Green Mile when Tom Hanks is almost dying when he piss

exact same thing

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
Something about a dogs innocence I know what you mean.
I have never thought of dogs as innocent.  Dogs injure and kill tend of thousands of human beings every year.  Dogs are a menace to society.
V

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2011, 07:26:48 PM »
I have never thought of dogs as innocent.  Dogs injure and kill tend of thousands of human beings every year.  Dogs are a menace to society.

I hope you mean "some" dogs are a dangerous. Most domesticated dogs are docile unless they are trained to be otherwise by sometimes disturbed owners.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2011, 07:31:24 PM »
Bodybuilding wise in 2007 I trained, cardio'd, dieted & made many sacrifices for almost a whole year with the ultimate goal of competing in the IFBB Classic bodybuilding world Champs. As I got closer to the show I gradually became obsessed, very unbalanced..as anyone who competes will relate to... actually almost lost my job over that prep, broke up with GF - life truely sucked. There was just a lot of pressure on me to do well (pressure from the our National IFBB Federation &  Supplement Sponsor to do well etc) and that combined with so many other life pressures going on, it was rough. Anyway after all those months of hard work (never worked so hard in my life for anything), I flew all the way on my own from South Africa to Spain in the best shape of my life.. But was disqualified at the weigh in for not making my weight  :-[ I was over by 4 oz on my 2nd weigh in attempt  I was devastated :'( was also treated very poorly by the IFBB Officials there  >:(  Was a very stressful bleak moment! But after putting things into persepctive it was a massive learning experience & helped make me seriously re-evaluate my priorities!  

That is some crazy shit you went through. I don't believe I ever had good enough genetics to compete. Your post makes me feel good about my choice to weight train just to be fit and healthy as opposed to trying to win a plastic trophy and sacrifice my health in the process.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: October 03, 2011, 07:34:27 PM »
I hope you mean "some" dogs are a dangerous. Most domesticated dogs are docile unless they are trained to be otherwise by sometimes disturbed owners.
Well, personally I am someone with an obvious bias as I have been attacked by two pitbulls and had my achilles tendon severed and arm mauled and couldn't walk unassisted for six months and still suffer psychologically from it now.  I actually rarely leave the house as a result of this.  It cost me about $50,000 so far out of my own pocket.  I know some dogs are OK, but personally, ask any council about how many complaints that get about dogs, barking, trespassing, attacking other dogs, etc... it goes on and on.  I learnt there is a judge at the local court who all they do all day long every day is handle dog offence cases, this is at a huge expense to taxpayers etc... Personally. I think dogs are smelly, ugly, loud, unintelligent creatures who are easily controlled by whoever provides a food source.  I think this is why people like dogs, they feel omnipotent and all powerful in front of the dog, all just for filling a food and water bowl.
V

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: October 03, 2011, 07:36:33 PM »
I don't really post too often so I don't know all the characters here, but he does seem to delve into a point too deeply perhaps creating issues where non exists. I find it quietly distressing that some buffoons can't seem to grasp the fact that not everyone wants offspring or passing on of genes. Maybe some of us have moved past evolutionary 'needs'.

I have no problem with folks chosing not to have children. I do have a problem with folks that think because the have chosen to not have children they are somehow better than those of us who want or had children. Did you mean for your statement "Maybe some of us have moved past evolutionary "needs"", to come across as pios as it does?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: October 03, 2011, 07:39:36 PM »

nothing hurt as much

nothing

I have a high pain threshold. I've had a couple of urinary tract infections in my day. They were uncomfortable, mainly because of the constant urge to pee, but not excessively painful. You must have let the infection get pretty bad before doing something about it.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #223 on: October 03, 2011, 07:40:14 PM »
i have to keep this thread for info on future ownings....

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: October 03, 2011, 07:41:20 PM »
I have a high pain threshold.

No such thing, you either feel pain or you dont, some people just complain sooner. Thats all
V