Author Topic: Hank Williams Jr. Compares Obama to Hitler and gets kicked out of MNF.....  (Read 25821 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
If funny how these shit heads ask for his OPINION on a topic, and then get offended when he tells them.... So much for freedom of speech...

Monday Night Football will not begin with the words, "Are you ready for some football?" -- ESPN is yanking Hank Williams Jr's famous theme song tonight ... after he compared President Obama to Hitler.

Williams Jr. went on Fox & Friends this morning and criticized President Obama and Speaker of the House John Boehner for playing a round of golf together -- saying, "That's like Hitler playing golf with Netanyahu."

He later said Obama and Joe Biden are "the enemy."

ESPN told CBS Sports -- which broke the story -- "We are extremely disappointed with his comments, and as a result we have decided to pull the open from tonight’s telecast."

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
So what's the problem  ???

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
i think they misunderstood who he was calling hitler, it was boehner
TEAM Nasser

Nails

• Getbig V
i think they misunderstood who he was calling hitler, it was boehner

Either way, good ol boy Hanky is no longer needed at the NFL or at ABC

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
If funny how these shit heads ask for his OPINION on a topic, and then get offended when he tells them.... So much for freedom of speech...

Monday Night Football will not begin with the words, "Are you ready for some football?" -- ESPN is yanking Hank Williams Jr's famous theme song tonight ... after he compared President Obama to Hitler.

Williams Jr. went on Fox & Friends this morning and criticized President Obama and Speaker of the House John Boehner for playing a round of golf together -- saying, "That's like Hitler playing golf with Netanyahu."

ESPN told CBS Sports -- which broke the story -- "We are extremely disappointed with his comments, and as a result we have decided to pull the open from tonight’s telecast."

Well, if you call the President of the United States Hitler, then you got to pay the piper.  It would have been better for him not to show up on Fox News...they ask a lot of leading questions and I don't think Hank was paying attention to what Gretchen was saying
A

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
SO MUCH FOR FREE SPEACH
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 04:46:27 PM »
ESPN is pulling Hank Williams' classic intro song from Monday night's broadcast of the game between Tampa Bay and Indianapolis after the country singer used an analogy to Adolf Hitler in discussing President Barack Obama.

In an interview Monday morning on Fox News' ''Fox & Friends,'' Williams said of Obama's outing on the links with House Speaker John Boehner: ''It'd be like Hitler playing golf with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu.''

Asked to clarify, Williams said: ''They're the enemy,'' adding that by ''they'' he meant Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

p

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: SO MUCH FOR FREE SPEACH
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 04:50:03 PM »
SORRY IF REPOSTED
p

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: SO MUCH FOR FREE SPEACH
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 04:51:57 PM »
I'm tired of all these "Hitler" analogies...regardless of who they are talking about. The mofo was a bad, bad man...you have to really amp up the evil meter to be compared to him...and today, there is nobody that can walk in his boots.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
That opening hasn't been good in about 10 years anyway.

Nails

• Getbig V
Re: Hank Williams Jr. Compares Obama to Hitler and gets kicked out of MNF.....
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »
That opening hasn't been good in about 10 years anyway.

I agree... good enough reason to show his old ass the door

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 05:09:50 PM »
Jon Gruden's temples comb-over looks pretty bad.

MikMaq

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 05:11:06 PM »

This is why I love the Obama bashers. There so much like little children, they just love to mimic liberals every chance they get.

Hitler and bush were easy to compare, as they both launched bloody illegal wars.

If you wanna shit on obama,  get betters comparison, like you dirty european, you fucking canadian, you no good uncle tom, you fucking guy. Otherwise what your really trying to convey might lost.  :D

theheman

• Getbig III
  • Her tetas were shaped like little pointy tortillas
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 05:28:32 PM »
that's why they shouldn't interview drug addicted rock stars on news shows.  Does it get any stupider than that?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 05:31:18 PM »
You're with me Leather!

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 06:01:29 PM »
he has loved some ladies, and he has loved jim beam, and they both tried to kill him in 1973

Anna Recksiek

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 06:23:45 PM »
This is why I love the Obama bashers. There so much like little children, they just love to mimic liberals every chance they get.

Hitler and bush were easy to compare, as they both launched bloody illegal wars.
Obama went into Libya illegally

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 06:40:45 PM »

The Constitutional guarantee of "freedom of speech" only binds Congress (and by extension, the Government), which "shall make no law abridging" it. Neither FOX, nor ESPN, nor the NFL are bound by the Amendment I, so I'm not sure what role the last bit of the quote is supposed to play.

At best, I think you are at least slightly confused...

† There are certain exceptions, involving government employees and their work product or actions and speech made in their official capacity.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 06:50:56 PM »

Good Ole' Hank.  8)
D

MikMaq

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 06:52:22 PM »
Obama went into Libya illegally
Your joking right ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 07:15:29 PM »
They had ruined the song during the intro's anyway.......I'm sure Hank will be crushed.... ::)

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »
How will I get pumped for football without a third-rate human beatbox oddly mixed into a country tune?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »
How will I get pumped for football without a third-rate human beatbox oddly mixed into a country tune?

Exactly.  Back when they actually played the opening part of the real song with the piano, people could get fired up.....the shitbox it's turned into over the last 10 or so years has made it very missable.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 07:40:06 PM »

If you wanna shit on obama,  get betters comparison, like you dirty european, you fucking canadian, you no good uncle tom, you fucking guy. Otherwise what your really trying to convey might lost.  :D

Hahahaha, OMG where to start..hahahah.

As for the "illegal" wars...did you either forget or were you even born yet? That was a unanimous decision from BOTH parties. Are you a pacifist? Should we have just done nothing and let it go? Fuck, most liberals have zero commonsense, thanks for keeping that streak going.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 07:43:02 PM »
he has loved some ladies, and he has loved jim beam, and they both tried to kill him in 1973
;D

Why does he roll smoke?

G