Author Topic: Steve Jobs has died - RIP  (Read 40150 times)

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: Is Steve Jobs In Heaven?
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2011, 08:59:43 PM »
Don't you love it when the aetheists try to sound scholarly? As if they have a heavy academic background and just post on muscle forums part-time.

Why is that so impossible?  ???

I think there's a physics major on this board, a few econ majors, math majors, a few grad students, 2-3 lawyers, a doctor, etc.

Not all of us are 17 jerking off in High School while going to the gym with our buddies after school to have a bench press contest and then reading bodybuilding shit at night online to try to find the latest secret to get your arms to 19 inches.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #251 on: October 06, 2011, 09:01:49 PM »
Why is that so impossible?  ???

I think there's a physics major on this board, a few econ majors, math majors, a few grad students, 2-3 lawyers, a doctor, etc.

Not all of us are 17 jerking off in High School while going to the gym with our buddies after school to have a bench press contest and then reading bodybuilding shit at night online to try to find the latest secret to get your arms to 19 inches.

oh fuck, looks like ive been outted  :o :o :-\ :-\
X

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #252 on: October 06, 2011, 09:03:01 PM »
And I suppose you're one of these aforementioned intellectuals?

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #253 on: October 06, 2011, 09:07:09 PM »

Who cares? What are you going to do, start a "I'm smarter than you!" argument?  ::)

Someday when your living in a shitty apartment, no friends, no girl, but still religiously go to the gym at 4:30 AM every morning to try to be Animal, you'll realize that your life is shitty, and there's more to life than that crap and if that's all your life is, then it is shallow and a waste. Of course there's always the possibility that life will throw you a cruel irony curveball, by, i don't know, putting you in a bad car wreck that wrecks your "bodybuilding" career that never existed to begin with.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #254 on: October 06, 2011, 09:09:58 PM »

Not that your query was directed toward me, but I feel compelled to ax you a quextion.

Why is the number 80 so descriptive of you and I?  It's my current weight and your IQ.  I've been quite sick of late, what's your excuse?  You blond or what?  Nah...A mere moment of sibling sex coupled with arduous drug and alcohol ingestion is what accounts for you stumbling among the mentally living.

And out of a bazillion sperm, you were the quickest?  FTN.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2011, 09:18:55 PM »
10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no jobs, no hope, and no cash.

Very clever!

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2011, 09:56:19 PM »
Awkwardly phrased and not very interesting. You are mistaking volume for quality.

Rrrrriiiiight...

Get your mental water wings out kid, you're drowning in your ignorance.  Being old enough, albeit never desperate enough, to be your father, I am tired. 

Oh, and apologies to your mother.  I am certain her taste in men is far too discerning to ever stoop so low as to sleep with someone as unappealing as I.  You are responsible for your lack of character, intelligence and personal skills and those facts coupled with your mom's good taste in men most definitely dismisses any possibility that I am your father. 

In other words, she likes handsome men and you are too stoooooooooooooooopid to be my child.  ;D
Good night, little one.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #257 on: October 07, 2011, 01:08:34 AM »
This thead=retarded.
I hate the State.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2011, 01:13:43 AM »
This thead=retarded.
What are you doing awake?

How's your health?

G

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2011, 07:23:11 AM »
he died fairly young didn't he?

If you call 71 young.  He prob would have lived a bit longer though if he didn't have such a hectic schedule
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: October 07, 2011, 12:34:20 PM »

If you call 71 young.  He prob would have lived a bit longer though if he didn't have such a hectic schedule

Steven Paul "Steve" Jobs (February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011), making Steve 56 years old at the time of his death, not 71.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Steve Jobs died
« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2011, 12:38:11 PM »
http://gawker.com/5847338/

Steve Jobs Was Not God

So, Steve Jobs is dead. A tech genius has passed on. Sad. Certainly a devastating loss to Steve Jobs' close friends and family members, as well as to Apple executives and shareholders. The rest of you? Calm down.

Among my Facebook friends yesterday, more than one wrote publicly that they were "crying" or "can't stop crying" or "teared up" due to Steve Jobs' death. Really now. You can't stop crying, now that you've heard that a middle-aged CEO has passed on, after a long battle with cancer? If humans were always so empathetic, well, that would be understandable. But this type of one-upmanship of public displays of grief is both unbecoming and undeserved.
from incomplete data

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2011, 01:20:46 PM »

Steve Jobs Was Not God

So, Steve Jobs is dead. A tech genius has passed on. Sad. Certainly a devastating loss to Steve Jobs' close friends and family members, as well as to Apple executives and shareholders. The rest of you? Calm down.

Among my Facebook friends yesterday, more than one wrote publicly that they were "crying" or "can't stop crying" or "teared up" due to Steve Jobs' death. Really now. You can't stop crying, now that you've heard that a middle-aged CEO has passed on, after a long battle with cancer? If humans were always so empathetic, well, that would be understandable. But this type of one-upmanship of public displays of grief is both unbecoming and undeserved.

who gives a toss what this "gawker" shite says, who ever wrote that dribble dies and no one cares. Sounds jealous to me.
K

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2011, 01:27:59 PM »
who gives a toss what this "gawker" shite says, who ever wrote that dribble dies and no one cares. Sounds jealous to me.

Hey it's a different perspective. Why would he have to be jealous to criticize someone else? Why would that fact if he dies and no one cares, be relevant to argument itself in any way?

I happen to agree with the article btw... The whole Apple cult is eeringly similar to that of a religious sect.
from incomplete data

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #264 on: October 07, 2011, 02:21:10 PM »

Well, he does bring up a point.  Steve Jobs main contribution to society was making computers and making money.  He gave to charities but only as a write-off for taxes.  I do think some people are blowing it out of proportion
A

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #265 on: October 07, 2011, 02:27:10 PM »

Well, he does bring up a point.  Steve Jobs main contribution to society was making computers and making money.  He gave to charities but only as a write-off for taxes. I do think some people are blowing it out of proportion
Are you sure? He was well known for halting Apple's philanthropic activities, and not giving to charity.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #266 on: October 07, 2011, 02:37:13 PM »
Steven Paul "Steve" Jobs (February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011), making Steve 56 years old at the time of his death, not 71.

They were talking about George Carlin at the time.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #267 on: October 07, 2011, 02:40:03 PM »
What are you doing awake?

How's your health?

Health, not sure, got this tumour, needs to be taken care of.
I hate the State.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: October 07, 2011, 02:41:40 PM »
They were talking about George Carlin at the time.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

This tread is about Steve Jobs. How did George get into it? It is not nice to confuse old men like me. LOL!

These two men couldn't have been more different from one another.

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #269 on: October 07, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
I'm glad he wasn't my imaginary father figure.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #270 on: October 07, 2011, 02:44:49 PM »

Steve Jobs Was Not God

some are taking it a bit too far. yes, a Great Tech Genius is no longer living. I'm sure people will move on with their lives, and steve jobs will only be a memory......

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #271 on: October 07, 2011, 02:47:07 PM »
10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no jobs, no hope, and no cash.

hahahahahah,,,,,,is this original?....that's a good one

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2011, 02:47:48 PM »

I was referring to George Carlin...the previous post
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: October 07, 2011, 02:50:02 PM »

I was referring to George Carlin...the previous post

So I've been told.

See what happens when I don't pay close attention to what I am posting; I screw up. My bad!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #274 on: October 07, 2011, 02:51:01 PM »
Back to the subject at hand.

If you cried over Steve Jobs' death and you aren't a family member, you're just a tool.