Author Topic: Hostel 3  (Read 15350 times)

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
Re: Hostel 3
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 09:29:12 PM »
Is that the one with the little girl who is actually older? If so, yes and it was a major disappointment.

Hellraiser one and two were great.  8)

I love watching the original Piranha and the characters.  ;)
Yes, that was The Orphan. I liked it I thought it was well done for what it was so I picked it up on DVD.
I did see the orginal Piranha when I was a kid good movie from what I remember, might have to re-watch it.
Have you seen The Hunger with David Bowie, really good.
T

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 09:40:21 PM »
Receiving Scream 4 tomorrow, heard it was good.

That is a series that i have never cared for and the Saw series.  ::) ::) Good god. The first saw made me think, but the rest were just god awful.  >:( >:( Another popular one that you may have scene is, "The Descent" which is pretty good.  ;) I also still love watching Maxium Overdrive.  8) Have you ever seen, "The People Under the Stairs"  ??? ??? Pumpkinhead is a classic along with "Shocker"  8) Please stay away from the re-make of "The Fog" and all re-makes.  :)
D

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 09:55:27 PM »
That is a series that i have never cared for and the Saw series.  ::) ::) Good god. The first saw made me think, but the rest were just god awful.  >:( >:( Another popular one that you may have scene is, "The Descent" which is pretty good.  ;) I also still love watching Maxium Overdrive.  8) Have you ever seen, "The People Under the Stairs"  ??? ??? Pumpkinhead is a classic along with "Shocker"  8) Please stay away from the re-make of "The Fog" and all re-makes.  :)
I haven't followed the Saw series. I watched Saw 1 or 2 and that was enough. I saw The People Under The Stairs, good. I saw the re-make of the Fog, yeah it sucked. Just added The Descent to my Netflix, looks good. I saw Shocker when it was in theaters, don't remember it being that great. Going to pass on Pumpkinhead.
T

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »
I haven't followed the Saw series. I watched Saw 1 or 2 and that was enough. I saw The People Under The Stairs, good. I saw the re-make of the Fog, yeah it sucked. Just added The Descent to my Netflix, looks good. I saw Shocker when it was in theaters, don't remember it being that great. Going to pass on Pumpkinhead.

Well, i will try to think of some more, but i am studying and have classes in the A.M.

Have a good one, bro.  8)
D

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 11:20:16 AM »
check out a werewolf film called, 'dog soldiers' !

it's much better than the trailer suggest and its directed by neil marshall (the descent). it's excellent  8)

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 12:43:26 PM »
check out a werewolf film called, 'dog soldiers' !

it's much better than the trailer suggest and its directed by neil marshall (the descent). it's excellent  8)

Will check out, any others?
T

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 02:32:16 PM »
Will check out, any others?

you may have already seen this, but if not, then 'stake land' is well worth a watch. i like the vamps, 'cos instead of twinkling in sunlight  ::) and being attractive and intelligent beings.. these are primitive, animalistic, scary motherfuckers with a serious lust for blood. imagine 'buffy the vampire slayer', but set in a grim, post apocalypse, vampire world.

plus it's got the beautiful danielle harris in too  8)

the house of the devil (2009) ? a retro film that really does look and feel like it is a genuine 80s horror. cute college student in desperate need of money, gets a too good to be true, baby sitting job that turns into her worse nughtmare...

session 9 (2001) psychological horror set in a former mental asylum. this really is a first rate atmospheric and creepy movie.

one i watched just recently was 'when a stranger calls'. hot teen babysitter starts gwtting strange and frightening phone calls from a nutter. nothing new or groundbreaking here.. but there is some decent moments of tension and and fear as it turns the weirdo goes after his prey

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 03:36:44 PM »
you may have already seen this, but if not, then 'stake land' is well worth a watch. i like the vamps, 'cos instead of twinkling in sunlight  ::) and being attractive and intelligent beings.. these are primitive, animalistic, scary motherfuckers with a serious lust for blood. imagine 'buffy the vampire slayer', but set in a grim, post apocalypse, vampire world.

the house of the devil (2009) ? a retro film that really does look and feel like it is a genuine 80s horror. cute college student in desperate need of money, gets a too good to be true, baby sitting job that turns into her worse nughtmare...

session 9 (2001) psychological horror set in a former mental asylum. this really is a first rate atmospheric and creepy movie.

one i watched just recently was 'when a stranger calls'. hot teen babysitter starts gwtting strange and frightening phone calls from a nutter. nothing new or groundbreaking here.. but there is some decent moments of tension and and fear as it turns the weirdo goes after his prey
Added Dog soliders, House of The Devil, Stake Land, to Netflix, all look good. Skipped session 9, didn't like the reviews. Already saw When a Stranger Calls, was ok.
T

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2011, 04:05:07 PM »

That is weird seeing her naked because i still see her as that lil girl in Halloween 4 and 5.  :-\
D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 10:52:08 PM »
Added Dog soliders, House of The Devil, Stake Land, to Netflix, all look good. Skipped session 9, didn't like the reviews. Already saw When a Stranger Calls, was ok.

Ok, i downloaded about 40 movies this week and most are the cheesy ones from the 80's (I love those), but i downloaded the re-make of "The Nightmare on Elm Street" and i just finished it and want to blow my brains out.  >:( I know that Me, Kiowol, deadz and anyone who likes horror films could write a better script then what i saw on the screen. please, avoid that film for all that is holy.  >:( I did get a chance to watch the Re-Make of, "I Spit on your Grave" and was surprised how good it turned out to be, but the original is still the best.  8) But, i am going to have to pick it up on both formats.  8) I actually felt pitty when i watched, "I Spit on your Grave", but try to avoid it if you are watching it with your G/F, Wife or some chick you are trying to fuck. Just sayin.  :D
D

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 07:53:58 PM »
Ok, i downloaded about 40 movies this week and most are the cheesy ones from the 80's (I love those), but i downloaded the re-make of "The Nightmare on Elm Street" and i just finished it and want to blow my brains out.  >:( I know that Me, Kiowol, deadz and anyone who likes horror films could write a better script then what i saw on the screen. please, avoid that film for all that is holy.  >:( I did get a chance to watch the Re-Make of, "I Spit on your Grave" and was surprised how good it turned out to be, but the original is still the best.  8) But, i am going to have to pick it up on both formats.  8) I actually felt pitty when i watched, "I Spit on your Grave", but try to avoid it if you are watching it with your G/F, Wife or some chick you are trying to fuck. Just sayin.  :D

i didn't think it was so bad the first time i saw it.. i watched it again some time ago and it was truly horrific.

even freddy's trademark red/green jumper and his hat looked bloody awful and out of place. they should have rebooted the fucker with a totally new and fresh story. only keeping the absolute minimum from the original like the razor glove .

'i spit on your grave' was very good. as is 'the last house on the left' remake.

i also like the 'friday the 13th' remake and zombies 'halloween' reboot wasn't half bad either.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 07:58:06 PM »
i rewatched all the noes movies about 18 months ago.. and surprisingly, they all stand up pretty bloody well. i probably throw the first movie on about once a year or so. a classic in my eyes. the others i've tended to avoid since i first saw them years ago. gotta say they were excellent.  :)

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2011, 09:00:03 PM »
i didn't think it was so bad the first time i saw it.. i watched it again some time ago and it was truly horrific.

even freddy's trademark red/green jumper and his hat looked bloody awful and out of place. they should have rebooted the fucker with a totally new and fresh story. only keeping the absolute minimum from the original like the razor glove .

'i spit on your grave' was very good. as is 'the last house on the left' remake.

i also like the 'friday the 13th' remake and zombies 'halloween' reboot wasn't half bad either.

I liked the remake of i spit on your grave more than the original. The acting, production, and the girl was way hotter.

The last house on the left was good. Never saw the original but I liked the remake. I thought the rape seen was superb. Overall the plot

wasn't too bad. Zombies Halloween was also good. I also like the re-makes of the hills have eyes.
T

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2011, 10:12:37 PM »
horror films that scared the shit out of me.

i just mentioned in another thread how much the 'evil dead' scared the living daylights out of me. so here's a few others that really scared me.

Nosferatu (1922) - i still haven't seen this from beginning to end. we've all seen the classic scenes of this one and that was enough to make me turn it over whenever it was on the telly. maybe one of the creepiest films of all time.

The Omen (1976) - even now this film still gives me the creeps.

The Evil Dead (1981) - had me shitting bricks at bedtime for weeks. and that was only after seeing maybe 20 or so minutes of it. another film that took years for me to watch all the way through.

The Exorcist (1973) - almost goes without saying.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005) - sent some serious shivers down my spine. really is quite an excellent, modern day horror film.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2011, 10:38:44 PM »
Recently watched The Decent and Dog Soldiers. Both barely got a 5 out of 10.
T

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2011, 08:40:32 AM »
Recently watched The Decent and Dog Soldiers. Both barely got a 5 out of 10.

This film is so shitty and it gets built up like one of the best horror films. Sorry. I just can't see it even being worth watching.  :-\
D

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2011, 03:04:26 PM »
This film is so shitty and it gets built up like one of the best horror films. Sorry. I just can't see it even being worth watching.  :-\
Bradistini recommended it.
T

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2011, 03:09:37 PM »

I see.  :-\
D

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2011, 12:07:43 PM »

well, there's no accounting for taste  :-\

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2011, 04:32:26 PM »
well, there's no accounting for taste  :-\
What did you like about that movie? I didn't see it.
T

newmom

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »

why don't you play that asian chick and get hit by the train

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2011, 04:56:24 PM »
why don't you play that asian chick and get hit by the train
If getting hit by a train is what gave you your face i'll pass. Horseface ring a bell, it should. Now fuckoff, whore, and I literally mean whore.
T

newmom

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2011, 05:14:13 PM »
If getting hit by a train is what gave you your face i'll pass. Horseface ring a bell, it should. Now fuckoff, whore, and I literally mean whore.
did I hurt your itty bitty feelings. It's just in good ribbing. No, my horse face came when I got hit by a bat at 4

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2011, 05:34:19 PM »

i liked everything. nice balance of humour/horror. plenty of action. script , story, characters. yeah the effects were a bit iffy. but we're talking low budget here. which make it an even more impressive film.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 08:21:19 PM »
The whole film was just bad. The acting was bad, the script and sotrlyine were terrible, editing was bad....everything was bad.
Dont watch this film, if you like part 1&2. First of all, it has nothing to do with the Hostel movies. You have a complete different feeling too it...what you feel is, how this movie tries to rape the hostel films as hard as it can.

and then, there are the last 30min. >>> LMAO!!

i dont know, what the director was thinking...i mean, wtf?

STAY AWAY!!

D