Author Topic: Abduction and Adduction machines for legs  (Read 2918 times)

nodeal

• Getbig III
Abduction and Adduction machines for legs
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:18:03 PM »
Okay guys, I honestly always thought all abduction/adduction machines were gay -- a woman's only zone if you will. Long story short, my friend put me on to these, I've been doing them for the past couple of weeks, and they are brutally targeting muscles that just haven't been pin-pointed by any other leg exercise before. I love it.

What do you guys think of these "girly" machines? Do you guys use them? Any insight on how to incorporate these exercises into my workout?

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Re: Abduction and Adduction machines for legs
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 04:00:13 PM »
there could be a naked chick giving knobbers to dudes on these machines and I would not use them.

joke alternative:

"I usually hit them after getting my bikini wax but before my mani / pedi."

truthfuly, Ive never used them so I should probably shut my pie hole. but they seem very gay.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 07:44:12 AM »
I use the adductor at times for 12-25 reps.

I used to think lunges were for chicks only,until I tried them and couldn`t walk or sit down for a week!!  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 08:28:45 AM »
I use the adductor at times for 12-25 reps.

I used to think lunges were for chicks only,until I tried them and couldn`t walk or sit down for a week!!  ;D

Lunges are a great leg & glute builder.
Do you do them walking or in-place?

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 09:51:16 AM »
I can see the common error that Nodeal might be making. People think of these machines as only for the glutes and inner/outer thighs. Which tend to be a womens thing. And, as said, these exercises can affect the muscles in a whole different way.

Don't be fooled by the term Abduction (out & away) & Adduction (in & close) machine. They are not restrictive to "girly" movements. And not restrictive to machine protocol only. Can be very effective and have a place in any serious BB'ers training. From overhhead pressing, extensions (side, front & rear raises with influence on the supraspinatus), flys, stepup's, lunges, inner/outer thigh work, special designed glute/maximus units, etc. Included are pulldowns/pullovers. Cable training is also suited for most of the above movements.these workouts

Art Jones designs were to take in account the importance of Ab/Ad work. Rehab workouts depend on these type machines quite a bit.

Lunges are a very effective way to train the quads/hams/glutes. With the walking version, beginners may find keeping their balance after so many reps/distance a challenge. Start light, if not use to this movement , at first. Might also try lunges with the front/leading foot on a exercise box of 12 to 16 inches. Which will offer a better stretch to the hams/glutes, including the quads themselves. Good Luck.
F

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 11:42:03 AM »
I can see the common error that Nodeal might be making. People think of these machines as only for the glutes and inner/outer thighs. Which tend to be a womens thing. And, as said, these exercises can affect the muscles in a whole different way.

Don't be fooled by the term Abduction (out & away) & Adduction (in & close) machine. They are not restrictive to "girly" movements. And not restrictive to machine protocol only. Can be very effective and have a place in any serious BB'ers training. From overhhead pressing, extensions (side, front & rear raises with influence on the supraspinatus), flys, stepup's, lunges, inner/outer thigh work, special designed glute/maximus units, etc. Included are pulldowns/pullovers. Cable training is also suited for most of the above movements.these workouts

Art Jones designs were to take in account the importance of Ab/Ad work. Rehab workouts depend on these type machines quite a bit.

Lunges are a very effective way to train the quads/hams/glutes. With the walking version, beginners may find keeping their balance after so many reps/distance a challenge. Start light, if not use to this movement , at first. Might also try lunges with the front/leading foot on a exercise box of 12 to 16 inches. Which will offer a better stretch to the hams/glutes, including the quads themselves. Good Luck.

they are good for your dick...seriously

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 10:07:38 AM »
I don't use the adductor but i do use the abductor regularly. I get problems with IT band syndrome and strengthening the abductors is one of the things that helps keep it at bay.

Always happy to watch a hot chick on one. But guys shouldn't be afraid of them.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 03:04:55 AM »

Lunges are a great leg & glute builder.
Do you do them walking or in-place?
I used to do a lot of walking lunges but these days I do them in place with my lead foot on a small wedge type platform for a better stretch.

I use dumbells only as I find a barbell is tough to balance for me.

Of course I can`t walk and chew gum at the same time without tripping all over the place!!  LOL   ;D

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 09:38:59 AM »
If you want complete leg development there isn't a single movement you shouldn't do.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 09:37:28 AM »
Okay guys, I honestly always thought all abduction/adduction machines were gay -- a woman's only zone if you will.

Just had to respond before I read any further, and agree.  I was under the exact same impression!!  :o

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 08:02:21 AM »
If you want complete leg development there isn't a single movement you shouldn't do.

Agreed

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 10:11:37 PM »
Okay guys, I honestly always thought all abduction/adduction machines were gay -- a woman's only zone if you will. Long story short, my friend put me on to these, I've been doing them for the past couple of weeks, and they are brutally targeting muscles that just haven't been pin-pointed by any other leg exercise before. I love it.

What do you guys think of these "girly" machines? Do you guys use them? Any insight on how to incorporate these exercises into my workout?

bodybuilding is pretty gay to begin with... you might as well enjoy the perks of using the girly machines...      ::)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 05:46:59 AM »
well they are good machines but if you want big legs...but i will not say they are of no use because they really do hit muscles that can cut you up and define you at a later stage but if you are out for mass i would not bother. If you are into Martial arts then do them...i did these exercises with iron boots(old school i know) before i hit a Gym.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 09:59:10 PM »
they are good for your dick...seriously
hahaha man, thats why i do them in every workout, no joke.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 09:08:26 AM »
We call the abb & adductor exercises "dirty girls".
Years ago my raw squat was 600 w/wraps after 1yr of adding just those two exercises my squat went to 700. I eventually got to 903. for no good reason I stopped doing'em. Just started back this month.

when you train to get BIG or STRONG you always have to put your pride aside and evaluate routines & exercises on how they can get you to your goal. the guys who worry about having to really grunt up a weight are the ones who only fake grunt up a weight. The fake guys are never the biggest or strongest and never will be.

BB'rs need to do them I swear you'll notice the difference on stage. Powerlifters will gain in their squat and if they pull sumo.
sept 10th APF

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 09:43:06 AM »
nash15: Truer words were never spoken. 

And congrats on that 903, very impressive indeed. I'd wish you good luck, but it looks like you know exactly what your doing. Most guy's don't have a clue or understand it goes way beyond just picking up a weight & working out.
F